Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 11/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, Hogan said:

1. What do you think of VHL speedrunning? Who will hold the record in 1 month?

2. Predict the next 3 cup winners and explain why?

3. How does your team celebrate a win? What happens after a loss?

1.) I’ll be blunt i think it’s stupid but it shines a light on how underpaid job holders are, they put so much time and effort in the league and then some clowns are getting 12 in like 15 min. It’s disgusting tbh

2.) Moscow, Riga and Prague 

I have faith in these GMs to put together great teams could easily but Seattle and Vancouver or DC in there as well, what can i say i put my money on smart GMs who have teams built to complete right now.

3.)Win or lose we hit the booze, nothing wrong with bonding through it all and blood is thicker than water in Seattle, once a bear always a bear!

Tell me about your GM, what do you live about them?

Name the one stat you would want to change on your player this season and why.

Name the holiday and the best gift you ever  got for it, why did it mean so much?

10 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1.Tell me about your GM, what do you live about them?

2.Name the one stat you would want to change on your player this season and why.

3. Name the holiday and the best gift you ever  got for it, why did it mean so much?

My GM is @BrutalBoosti know that they’re around the car mechanic work field but not sure on specifics, I love that Saskatoon is now a communist territory.

More shutouts, because who wouldn’t love to have a couple of those

Christmas of course, it was just a backpack like 6 or 7 years ago but i love it and I haven’t really had the need to get a new one until now because it’s just falling apart lol (it’s a samsonite if you were wondering)

Questions:

What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?

Do you plan on offering up or bidding on something the the VHL holiday auction?

What is your least favorite class or teacher you had/have?

What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?

Time off from work after Christmas.

Do you plan on offering up or bidding on something the the VHL holiday auction?

Have no idea what there might be, but probably not.  Saving my pennies.

What is your least favorite class or teacher you had/have?

Oooh.  So many good ones.  My seminar on the Holy Eucharist with a luminary liturgist of the Episcopal Church and just 3 other students.  So many great readings and then we just came together and discussed week after week.

What is your favorite Christmas gift you have received?

What is your favorite Christmas gift you have given?

Do you have a favorite Christmas carol?

What is your favorite Christmas gift you have received?

A Madureira jersey.

What is your favorite Christmas gift you have given?
A copy of Sonic Mania.

No... most of my Christmas were pretty bad.

Any programs you have in mind for the remainder of the year?

We're half a month away from 2022. Do you have any regrets?

What are your expectations towards the league in 2022?

Christmas time is always a nice time of the year but I can't stand Christmas music.

We're half a month away from 2022. Do you have any regrets?

I don't think so, nothing much I can do about it now anyway.

What are your expectations towards the league in 2022?

I'm not sure but hopefully the league continues to grow and we will see what comes out of it.

We are halfway through the season, how do you feel about your team's performance?

We are halfway through the season, how do you feel about your player's performance?

Do you have extended time off around the holidays or is it a busier than usual time for you?

We are halfway through the season, how do you feel about your team's performance?

- We look pretty good in the standings but we have been really inconsistent. Hopefully we can put it together when the playoffs come. 

We are halfway through the season, how do you feel about your player's performance?

- Much better as of late. I'd like to be shooting better but thats about it.

Do you have extended time off around the holidays or is it a busier than usual time for you?

- It's a combination. Extra time off but the time on is much tougher.

1. Who is the best player on your team this season?

2. Do you like your team's current lines? If yes, why? If not, why not?

3. What is your favorite holiday food?

1.      Who is the best player on your team this season?

Despite Pistil Stamen having the most points on LA at the moment. I think our newly signed defenseman, Jan Hlozek, is the best player on the Stars this season.

2.      Do you like your team's current lines? If yes, why? If not, why not?

We recently changed lines and the team seems to be underperforming in recent games. But I think that’s fine, you should experiment during the season, figure out the best team, and get ready for the playoffs. So, with all that being said, I hope we change lines again soon.

3.      What is your favorite holiday food?

I really like chocolate covered pretzels. During the holiday season, they add little peppermint/ candy cane pieces to chocolate covered pretzels and that is the best.

Ask 3

1)      Describe the details of how scoring the goal of your dreams goes down.

2)      The rules of hockey have been changed to allow music/sound to be played during the opposing team’s penalty shot attempts. What music/sound do you want your home arena to play to distract your opponents?

3)      What is the worst hockey-related gift you could give someone for the holidays?

42 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1)      Describe the details of how scoring the goal of your dreams goes down.

2)      The rules of hockey have been changed to allow music/sound to be played during the opposing team’s penalty shot attempts. What music/sound do you want your home arena to play to distract your opponents?

3)      What is the worst hockey-related gift you could give someone for the holidays?

1) I'd say the goal of my dream would be my first career goal in my first game in the biggest league at home for the local team of where I grown up in overtime!

2) What about a circus song?

3) Probably EA sports NHL 22 lol

Questions:

1) Do you think Ovechkin can claim Gretzky's goal record before retirement?

2) Did answering a question about Ovechkin's retirement made you feel old?

3) Pepsi or coke?

Answers:

1) Do you think Ovechkin can claim Gretzky's goal record before retirement?

Nah. I think Washington will give him every chance to try, but he's basically got to continue 50+ goal seasons for the next 3-4 years. Time catches up with all of us eventually.

2) Did answering a question about Ovechkin's retirement made you feel old?

That ship sailed a while ago. I'll wait until there's literally not any players that I'm younger than in the league anymore, then I'll feel it.

3) Pepsi or coke?

I'm embarrassingly addicted to Diet Coke, it's not even a contest. Though if I'm being honest (and this goes back to me being old), the real answer's probably Bubbly, which I think is a Pepsi product?

Questions:

1. What's your favorite hockey memory?

2. If you could play/watch an outdoor Winter Classic in one location, what would it be?

3. What's one VHL/VHLE/VHLM award you would really like to win that you haven't done yet?

50 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Questions:

1. What's your favorite hockey memory?

2. If you could play/watch an outdoor Winter Classic in one location, what would it be?

3. What's one VHL/VHLE/VHLM award you would really like to win that you haven't done yet?

ANSWERS:

1. I'm a Sabres fan... we don't have good memories

2. Probably the ones last year on Lake Tahoe

3. I would really like to win a Continental Cup with Helsinki

Questions:

1. Which VHL team do you think will surprise the most people?

2. What do you think of your players play this season?

3. What hockey game/tournament are you most excited for in 2022 (Olympics, World Juniors, Winter Classic, etc...)?

Answer:

1. Is your team doing as good/bad as you thought they would?

Answer: Every time I predict something the opposite happens so like an idiot I once again thought might Prague would be a contender this season; like top three in the conference but nope we are fighting for the Wild card once again.

2. Whats your favorite thing to eat during the holidays?

Answer: More like what do I miss during the holidays season as I no longer get my meat pies, turkey and all the holiday trimmings that most expect since I now live in Japan were the stupid tradition is to eat KFC and cake for Christmas. Somehow Roast beef and crab is special here for New Years but the price almost triple what they are during the rest of the year so I avoid them during the holidays.

3. Outside the VHL what do you do?

Answer: Vague question gets a vague answer; A lot of things. Okay, I work, I sleep and I eat but not always in that order.

Questions:

1. What do you think is the meta in the VHL or is the conversation being over-blown?

2. If you had to predict today who would win each of the Championship in the VHL, VHLE & VHLM; Who would win them?

3. It has been more then a season since I killed the VHL Trivia; do you blame me or do you think the trivia has gone away for a different reason? And do you think it will ever return?

16 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

1. What do you think is the meta in the VHL or is the conversation being over-blown?

2. If you had to predict today who would win each of the Championship in the VHL, VHLE & VHLM; Who would win them?

3. It has been more then a season since I killed the VHL Trivia; do you blame me or do you think the trivia has gone away for a different reason? And do you think it will ever return?

1. I don't think its being overblown but I personally see it as a problem that could cause splinters in the community. There will be some who want diversity in builds and some who want to win no matter what. I think now that a team actually full on did it, it will be a can of worms that will not be undone until either builds are capped artificially or a new sim engine is picked. 

2. VHL: Prague could be a dark horse.

VHLE: Istanbul

VHLM: I like Houston.

3. Why would I blame anyone for doing or not doing something. I think it can come back but in reality it should be something that happens where there is a question bank and you get a different question than anyone else, or at least a few people. You can help each other ask questions but I worry all that will do is make people create a crib sheet that will just make it so its even worse than it is now.  

Questions:

1. clean slate you can build a sim engine however you want. How do you make it so Defense feels important. is it stats is it highlights, is it better text examples of defense play?

2. Scoring (the actual act of scoring not the attribute) is broken in STH. Too much is care about who put the puck in the net and who helped them. There is 60 mins in a game of hockey and an exciting game can literally be 0 - 0 in the third. What is missing from the simulation that makes hockey exciting.

3. What do you think of the cap? do you think the cap is making Meta teams more broken in that big name players really cannot have backup and teams with cheap meta players are punching well above their weight. Would you raise the cap if you could?

Edited by rjfryman

1. clean slate you can build a sim engine however you want. How do you make it so Defense feels important. is it stats is it highlights, is it better text examples of defense play?

Uh... I guess stats would be the easiest way to do it.

2. Scoring (the actual act of scoring not the attribute) is broken in STH. Too much is care about who put the puck in the net and who helped them. There is 60 mins in a game of hockey and an exciting game can literally be 0 - 0 in the third. What is missing from the simulation that makes hockey exciting.

I was gonna say the visual side but that's literally something you only get in FHM.

3. What do you think of the cap? do you think the cap is making Meta teams more broken in that big name players really cannot have backup and teams with cheap meta players are punching well above their weight. Would you raise the cap if you could?

I'd say every team that isn't Chicago should have to deal with their caps being halved.

What's your favourite travelling destination?

A traditional Brazilian HR question here: what animal would you be if you could pick one?

Do you fancy the idea of playing hockey on the open or do you prefer to play only inside closed rinks?

On 12/16/2021 at 3:04 PM, rjfryman said:

1. I would say that defense is hard to show with stats but one way to give it more love could be to have a defense rating that the sim engine gives to each players like in FHM

2. I actually think the opposite to be honest, if I open the TV on a 0-0 game in third period I'll watch it but if I do it from the beginning, I'll loose interest, that's a goalie game and those are boring imo. Nothin beat a good scoring fest.

3. I don't think raising the cap would solve that issue as you can still have a full meta team. I think the way to fix that would simply be to adjust the TPE brackets to make it more difficult to reach 99

Questions:

1. Which player is impressing you the most this season and why?

2. Will you watch the World Juniors of hockey this year? If yes, which team do you think will be the strongest?

3.  What is the best dessert during holidays?

1. Which player is impressing you the most this season and why?
My own.  lol  Because he is finally putting points on the board and not being a drag on his team, Davos.

2. Will you watch the World Juniors of hockey this year? If yes, which team do you think will be the strongest?

Probably not.

3.  What is the best dessert during holidays?
Bûche de Nöel - but I don't get it often enough.

1.  How old were you when you remember watching your first professional hockey game?

2. What are your thoughts about the Nordiques moving to Coloarado?

3. Wave your wand and make it happen - one thing you would change about the VHL?

1.  How old were you when you remember watching your first professional hockey game?

Five. My first hockey memory was seeing Lanny MacDonald with the Stanley Cup and being in awe of that red 'stache.

At the time I didn't really care, but looking back on it, it's sad knowing that the team was on the cusp of greatness. Of course, they wouldn't have gotten Roy if they had stayed and he was a massive part of that success, but still.

3. Wave your wand and make it happen - one thing you would change about the VHL?

Longer careers. Not infinite length, but longer. Every time I get a player where I'm happy with their skills, they immediately lose them all to depreciation.

1 - What's one place in the world you'd like to visit some day?

2 - What inspired your current VHL player build/name?

3 - If you're eligible for a covid vaccine, have you gotten it? If you haven't, please schedule it. Stay safe, VHL! ❤️

On 12/21/2021 at 5:58 AM, der meister said:

Five. My first hockey memory was seeing Lanny MacDonald with the Stanley Cup and being in awe of that red 'stache.

At the time I didn't really care, but looking back on it, it's sad knowing that the team was on the cusp of greatness. Of course, they wouldn't have gotten Roy if they had stayed and he was a massive part of that success, but still.

Longer careers. Not infinite length, but longer. Every time I get a player where I'm happy with their skills, they immediately lose them all to depreciation.

3 - If you're eligible for a covid vaccine, have you gotten it? If you haven't, please schedule it. Stay safe, VHL! ❤️

Answers:

1) I want to go to Oahu, Hawaii. It is where they filmed the show “Lost” and I would love to check out all the areas they filmed the show.

2)Reinhart was a fun name a

group of us came up with that had Greenland Heritage. Reylynn is my youngest daughters name which I thought sounded great alongside Reinhart.

3)I have gotten two shots of Pfizer and have yet to get a booster. I do think I am eligible though now.

Questions:

1) What is your thoughts on the current “multi” situation that just happened with a few users in our league?

2) Do you feel the moderation team is doing a good job keeping our league a fun and safe place to play?

3) Did you get any cool gifts for Christmas?

9 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

Answers:

1) I want to go to Oahu, Hawaii. It is where they filmed the show “Lost” and I would love to check out all the areas they filmed the show.

2)Reinhart was a fun name a

group of us came up with that had Greenland Heritage. Reylynn is my youngest daughters name which I thought sounded great alongside Reinhart.

3)I have gotten two shots of Pfizer and have yet to get a booster. I do think I am eligible though now.

Questions:

1) What is your thoughts on the current “multi” situation that just happened with a few users in our league?

2) Do you feel the moderation team is doing a good job keeping our league a fun and safe place to play?

3) Did you get any cool gifts for Christmas?

1) It's very unfortunate. In a lot of the cases it truly does seem to be a lack of understanding of the rules. Or not having seen the rule at all. I think having a league rule in the COC is asking to have it missed. Because usually people who aren't a-holes won't read the COC, since usually all it says is "don't be an a-hole" which they have covered. So when there is a league rule (no multis) in the conduct rules. It's not surprising that people miss it. But honestly, my biggest issue with it is how much it screwed over certain GMs. Losing your starter after TDL when you did nothing wrong? That's rough! Losing your entire 2nd round because both picks were multis? That's REALLY rough! But hopefully this crackdown will lead to more rule clarification, maybe it going in the league rules section too. And hopefully people just stopping the multi shenanigans.

2) Yeah, sure we've had a lot of kinda messed up stuff happen lately. But I don't see how there is any feasible way that could have been preempted. Do I completely agree with all their chosen punishments? No. But then no matter what they pick that will always be the case for a significant portion of the user base. So it's a lose/lose for them. Even if they do what is objectively perfect, someone will thing it's subjectively stupid. But I think they are doing good overall. This is by far the most open and welcoming community I've joined. I normally only lurk forums, even my most active forum to date I had like 150 posts in 2+ years. Here I just can't stop interacting with the community, because there are so many awesome people in it (too bad a fair few of them was just the same person over and over though).😅

3) We give to respective charities for Christmas these days, so not really. The closest thing I got to a Christmas present was logging in to an exploding ban thread on the evening after the celebrations (We celebrate the 24th in Sweden) so that was kind of a weird one.

Questions:

1) What are your thoughts on the spreading #TeamClue presence in the hockey community?

2) If you were a VHL/VHLE GM who would you pick 1st overall in the S82 draft? (If you are a GM in either, just pick the other)

3) What's going to be your new year's resolution?

The Cook Islands, South Pacific.

Likely Scott Hartnell.  A blend of ability and grit goes a long way in my estimation.

3 - If you're eligible for a covid vaccine, have you gotten it? If you haven't, please schedule it. Stay safe, VHL! 

Yup.  Booster shot Wednesday.  The facts are indisputable that vaccines work !!  Stay Safe !!!

1.) Name one former NHL player who was born in Africa.

2.)  What current or former VHL player should be commemorated on local currency ?

3.)  When your player is "retired", will you attempt a different build/position in your recreate ?

On 12/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, Eynhallow said:

1.) Name one former NHL player who was born in Africa.

2.)  What current or former VHL player should be commemorated on local currency ?

3.)  When your player is "retired", will you attempt a different build/position in your recreate ?

1. I'm attempting to reply to this without making research and it is harder than I thought... After 5 minutes of thinking... is there even one?

2. Jaromir Jagr, the man is a legend and those hairs would be perfect on currency

3. I just retired and I went from LW to C. Since my player is just a week old I'd say it's way too early to talk about my next position.

Questions:

1. There has been a lot of memes about the board game clue, thanks to @Shindigs and @MubbleFubbles. Dis they manage to convince you to buy Clue Glue?

2. Who in the VHL is the most likely to wake up hangover in the middle of the gorilla enclosure of the local zoo?

3. how many marshmallows can your player fit in their mouth at the same time?

1. There has been a lot of memes about the board game clue, thanks to @Shindigs and @MubbleFubbles. Dis they manage to convince you to buy Clue Glue?

Nope.  Never saw the memes.  Don't know what Clue Glue is.

2. Who in the VHL is the most likely to wake up hangover in the middle of the gorilla enclosure of the local zoo?

Luc Tessier

3. how many marshmallows can your player fit in their mouth at the same time?

Luc is French.  He would not allow a marshmallow in his mouth to ruin his palate.

Questions

1.  Will we ever find life in any form like on earth out in the rest of the universe?

2.  Which will happen first - Davos wins a Cup or Australia makes a wine as good as the French?

3.  What is your player's favorite winter holiday tradition?

1.  Will we ever find life in any form like on earth out in the rest of the universe?

I suppose we'll find life like earth somewhere on space one day. Though that day is probably way too far for us, the currently living, to actually enjoy such an achievement.

2.  Which will happen first - Davos wins a Cup or Australia makes a wine as good as the French?

Davos. Making wine is difficult.

3.  What is your player's favorite winter holiday tradition?

Watching soccer on boxing day.

1. What's your favourite event in January?

2. So 2022 has arrived. What are your plans for this year in the league?

3. What's your favourite music to enjoy a new year's party?

10 minutes ago, Thunfish said:

1. What's your favourite event in January?

2. So 2022 has arrived. What are your plans for this year in the league?

3. What's your favourite music to enjoy a new year's party?

1. not a traditional event but my family uses January as the month to look at our lives and try and make it better I know a lot of people do new years resolutions but for us the month of January is for reflection and we try and narrow down what we want to work on and start at the end of january.

2. honestly i need to revaluate my time in the league. I have had some great times and some not so great times. I need to find my place in or out of the VHL.

3. Little Big youll thank me later.

Questions:

1. How do you feel about Meta Teams?

2. What is one aspect of the sims that it doesn't feel like real hockey?

3. What is your go to travel movie/tv shows?