Stepping down as Västerås GM

Corco

I'm stepping down (finally), after nearly ten seasons, I'm done. Boubabi will be taking over as head GM. He seems genuinely happy about the team and wants to take on a bigger role, which is fine with me. Bagelface will be retiring in pre-season, not decided on if I'll be recreating. Being a GM takes a toll on you, and I don't think I'll ever the same member as the one that I was when I started. I just don't really enjoy the league anymore, and I don't think it would be fair to my teammates and the league if I continued being GM in my current state. I tried my best to prove most of the league wrong and win with this team, but it just wouldn't happen. Move the team wherever you want now, I could care less.

Thanks to all the people who played in Vasteras with or for me, but I would like to extend a special thank you to lightning25, streetlight, and the other Vasteras lifers (Backlund and Kylrad). It was guys like you that have me hope that Vasteras still had a chance to win if people believed enough.

Edited by Corco

A.  YOU'RE NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR MAIN PAGE ANNOUNCEMENTS, GOSH

B.  You had a number of detractors with your time in Vasteras, but I always thought you did decent.  I can respect going for playoffs when others would have blown it up.  Hope you stick around, because you're a hell of a member, and Bagelface is a fucking boss.

You caught a lot more shit than you deserved but that comes with being the face of Vasteras I guess. You did a fine job and I hope you do recreate and stick around in a lesser, not as pressure filled role. Maybe you'll enjoy it a bit better.

Congrats Boubabi, couldn't have happened to a better member that isn't named Ball. :cheers:

Good work, Corco. You took risks and didn't sit back. Some of your moves were heavily criticized but in the end you did your thing and unfortunately you got boned by the sim on a number of occasions. Would be kinda sweet to see you win this year.

Congrats to boubabi. Great choice, has proven to be an enthusiastic and valuable member. I love this choice, and I think it's a great member for Vasteras.

Corco you did what you could with a team in a tough spot. We should of never allowed a first time younger GM with little experience take over as Vasteras GM honestly. You weren't even properly groomed into the role by another member, or former GM. It was harsh but you did what you could and built a solid team despite the circumstances. I hope you consider returning to the league once you can get some of the stress out and get back to square one. Thanks for the work you put in sir.

Good luck Boubabi. More than likely you'll be the GM of record as the team transitions to a new city/new team but I wish you the best of luck! 

I'm sorry you had to step down, Corco.  I have to say, I've ultimately enjoyed my entire time in Vasteras and part of it was because of your GMing, regardless of how much people criticized it.  It's a bit of a tired issue, but Vasteras is a team that really gets too much shit (maybe that's my own personal bias due to spending six seasons with two players on the team, but whatever).  It's a shame that you're losing interest in the league but I guess it's better for the franchise that you step down if you don't pay as much attention to the league.  GMing a team isn't something I'd be interested in doing in the VHL, but as someone who's been a member of this team I can still understand the frustration that comes with the position since so many people constantly shit on this team, regardless of how serious they are.

Boubabi has been a great locker room member so far and I think he's a really good choice for a replacement.  I'm looking forward to what he does as GM.

Edited by lightning25