S85 Trade Deadline & Theme Week

Josh

• Commissioner

Hello @Members!

It's been an exciting few weeks of S85, and we're at the point where we celebrate Theme Week!

Additionally, that means that the Trade Deadline is Monday, October 3rd at 3pm EDT. This also means that anyone wishing to re-create for the S87 draft can do so starting at midnight that same day.

---

For this season, we've decided on a theme of:

Spoiler

GMs / Team Management

It's a pretty general theme and you have plenty of creative freedom. For anyone who might need them, we can give you some ideas for your Point Tasks. For our graphics folks, consider creating a sig for a current GM, or make a graphic celebrating a GM's accomplishments. For our writers or podcasters, discuss what makes a good GM, or reflect on your old GMs and what they did that you appreciated and enjoyed. There's plenty of opportunity for reflection and appreciation for the group of members that do their best to give you all a great player experience.

To earn your Theme Week TPE, write an article, create a graphic, or record a podcast with some connection to “GMs / Team Management”. 

---

In order to claim the theme week bonus of 6 Uncapped TPE, simply submit your Themed PT (Graphic, Media Spot, or 6-TPE Podcast), and claim it as normal. After claiming the PT portion, you can use the same link, and claim the uncapped portion as follows: Claim Uncapped > Other > Doubles Week. (Note: you do not need to post your link in this thread to claim either portion of TPE). 

Make sure to tag your articles with “theme week” so we can collect all the great work in one easy-to-find spot.
If you have already submitted a Point Task for this week, or are in the midst of claiming a multi-week Media Spot/Podcast, you may still submit a Theme Week PT this week, and claim the capped portion on the next available week, following your multi-week claim.

Also, if you have a single job that pays 6+, you may claim the theme week bonus as long as you complete your duties for the week. If you are in the EFL or SBA and have completed their most recent Media Week, you may use that to claim the Uncapped theme week bonus, but a PT must be completed this week in order to claim the Capped portion, whether that is completed here or through Affiliate Welfare.

Note: Only players who are S86 or older may claim the theme week bonus.

@VHL GM

@VHLE GM

@VHLM GM

2 minutes ago, lil OG z said:

Are these theme week ideas stored in a vault from a decade ago lmao

Tbf it was thought of since there was more than one vote for the theme to be "Why Spartan is a Bad GM." But then it was made CoC friendly and got a happy spin. I don't know if it's been used at all in the past, but I'd think it's hard for there not to be overlap over 85 seasons.

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

Tbf it was thought of since there was more than one vote for the theme to be "Why Spartan is a Bad GM." But then it was made CoC friendly and got a happy spin. I don't know if it's been used at all in the past, but I'd think it's hard for there not to be overlap over 85 seasons.

I meant more because it's blah but thanks for the explanation, at least the staff had fun with it 😛❤️ NO HATE jeez

Edited by lil OG z

Just now, lil OG z said:

I meant more because it's blah but thanks for the explanation, at least the staff had fun with it 😛❤️ NO HATE jeez

Definitely very vague, but it's just so people have as much room for creativity and interpretation as possible. Y'all are more creative than we are for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

A little late on this but I try to keep the @VHL GM's updated on their required backup starts at the deadline so I will do so now. If your team name is bold you're good to go already, the number indicates the starts out of the 8 required.

Calgary: 7/8

Chicago: 8/8

D.C: 8/8

Davos: 8/8

Helsinki: 5/8

London: 8/8

LA: 0/8

Malmo: 14/8

Moscow: 7/8

NY: 3/8

Prague: 9/8

Riga: 4/5

Seattle: 3/8

Toronto: 0/8

Vancouver: 4/8

Warsaw: 7/8

8 minutes ago, Beketov said:

A little late on this but I try to keep the @VHL GM's updated on their required backup starts at the deadline so I will do so now. If your team name is bold you're good to go already, the number indicates the starts out of the 8 required.

Davos: 8/8

Helsinki: 5/8

London: 8/8

LA: 0/8

Malmo: 14/8

Moscow: 7/8

NY: 3/8

Prague: 9/8

Riga: 4/5

Seattle: 3/8

Toronto: 0/8

Vancouver: 4/8

Warsaw: 7/8

Any particular reason why you only listed 13 of the 16 teams?

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Any particular reason why you only listed 13 of the 16 teams?

Because I’m an idiot and just looked on the goalie stat page quickly and forgot to account for Chicago, DC, and  Calgary haha.

Will check them individually later unless you’ve got the numbers in front of you.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Because I’m an idiot and just looked on the goalie stat page quickly and forgot to account for Chicago, DC, and  Calgary haha.

Will check them individually later unless you’ve got the numbers in front of you.

Calgary 7/8

Chicago 8/8

D.C. 8/8

• fishy unfeatured this topic