Where did your username come from?

boubabi

sball66 - First initial, last name, & and football number

KingIsh- Appearently my friends decided I was the king of shit, so since that didn't roll of the tounge, I was deemed King of ish or King Ish (ish being slang for shit). Oh and it sounded cool.

Ball - People either called me sball or Ball, so I made it easy on them

My back up username would be DeToX or Capt TittyWinkles.

I've told this story before, but when I was a tween, I was making up my very first Hotmail profile, but was paranoid with posting real information on this newfangled Internets.  The "You Kicked My Dog" prank call was a hilarious hit at the time, and thus so was imitating Indian people.  So, when creating my profile, I came up with Jardy Bunclewirth, which was my Indian/Arabic/brown/whatever version of my real name.  We all thought it was hilarious. Then I just kept it as a not very clever web pseudonym for the rest of my life.  I also used it (and still do) as many of my character names in video games, like NHL ##, or RPGs, etc. 

So of course Jardy Bunclewirth was the name of my first player here.

And, of course, 10 is/was my number in hockey, and just a number I enjoy in general.

Ipso facto, JardyB10 is a handy forum handle I use almost always.

These days if I wanted to get away from it and didn't feel the need to be super "anonymous", I'd use my Twitter handle.  Which has another long story behind it.  But that one's not for you heathen!

On a gaming platform, I usually call myself redphoenix since it was my GFX forum name at the time (That is why you see RP on my sigs). Most of the time, it's already taken and I don't like to put numbers in my username. On smaller forum, I'll just put RP. Otherwise, when I was hella young (Like when I first register on a website who required an username, I didn't want to use anything related to my name so I came up with the most unreal name ever : boubabi. When I created my account here, I didn't really plan to stick around so I just threw boubabi as my username. If I knew that I would stick around, I would have probably used Red Phoenix but since boubabi was renamed to boobs, I kept it. 

The biggest advantage to my username its that its mostly not taken already on any website so I can keep record of my username everywhere.

Does boubabi mean anything?

Story time. I think there was a thread like this before, but I might as well go in to full detail on the history of all my usernames.

I think the very first username I had here when I joined was jordan888. That was the login (and user I guess) name I used for basically all forums, and because on the old invisionfree site, your username had to be the same as your login name, that's what it was. Jordan just so happened to be my name, and 8 was my favourite number. But most of the time, jordan8 was taken so I had to add an 8 or two. And then it just stuck. And I fucking hate that name.

Then one day, a few months after I started getting harsh active, I was posting a PT when I realized it was late since the PT week already ended on Saturday (or so I thought). I did what any member would do, and sent Slobo (a commish at the time) a message asking if it was ok for me to post it late (Saturday lol). This is how it went down.

You still have the rest of today. I can't believe that a person who has been in the league as long as you have, still doesn't know what a PT week is.

It's Monday 12:00am - Sunday 11:59pm.

What. A. Guy.

Anyways, moving on sort of, I started realizing how dumb my name with the 8's was. So dumb in fact, that I wanted a name change but was too scared to ask for one. So I made a thread demanding people called me Jordan. It's pretty brutal, the way I talked. See for yourself. Then, slobo came in to the thread and suffice to say, this is where I got my next username from. Monday-Sunday PT Week. Boom, insta-legend. Then in that thread, fong got his name changed to Almond Gai's Dink, which in itself was legendary. Also The Q got his name changed to Abacii in honour of the legendary and now non-existent Abacus Thread. Great times.

Of course, it was a great name for a while, but it was a bitch and a half to log in with, and so I asked for a name change. I was on another forum, and one of the members there's name was Phamous. In fact, i'm pretty sure I got him to join VHL too under the same name. I really liked his name, but didn't want to take it, so I kind of ripped off of him and had my name changed to inPhamous. I still regret it to this day.

Because it was such a shitty name, I'm pretty sure I was getting ripped on for it. Struggling to find a new name, I enlisted the help of the VHL community. I can't remember what the options were, but eventually, I found it. It was the one. And with that, Squinty was born.

The End.

ogb61i.png

lel

Edited by Squinty

Joined the league (originally back as a S2 draftee) under the name helberg19. My last name, plus 19, my birthday.

When I rejoined and was actually active, I made Fayt Leingod, a character from a video game I had been playing around that time. I went with the username Fayt.

From there, I had brief stints as lebronrocks and Catholic__Jew, because for some reason I decided to imitate Hickey. I matched his avatar and sig, and apparently I confused some people. Crazy Eights has referred to it as his favorite thing that has ever happened in the VHL.

Then I became Streetlight, which is pretty much just derived from the band Streetlight Manifesto. But if people don't know that part, it could seem like it's just a random 'wtf' username. Like, Streetlight? What's next, alarm clock?

No. Next was Hustles, which comes from one day when I was younger playing basketball with my brother. Being how super cool we were, we pretended like we were superstars and made up superstar names. My superstar name was Legend 'Hustles' McGowan. Don't remember how I came up with that.

And then I went back to Streetlight.

There was a Football league called MFA and I used to post "YEAH!" every time I did something, but I was a fullback so that was like once a game. Then, I believe the guy who went as Black Jesus here changed my username to it (I had gone by Lynch prior, which is my last name). 

In other prior leagues, I'd gone with either Lynchtheram or Matttheram as those are my names and I am a St. Louis Rams fan. Also went as number8rex (which is Rex Grossman) in one league, but that was just cause I wanted to try being an alias.

Edited by YEAH!

stock-illustration-8502131-ace-of-diamon

I play poker. This card is the ace of diamonds, and it's my favorite card in the deck. Name is derived from that.

Other names I've gone as in other leagues:

KAYANO (for the running shoe Asics Gel-Kayano)

RunnerOfSteel (People who have completed the Pittsburgh marathon, half-marathon, or relay are given this as a term of endearment. The username is basically a humblebrag since I did the half last May.)

Some variations of my usernames include 121. This is derived from my old Pitt email jmg121, which I think just meant that I was the 121st person to have the initials jmg since they implemented that email system. I've carried the numbers over to other things, when I've needed numbers.

My friend and I in 8th grade had a spanish writing project, so we decided to write a story about the cool, or 'fresco' clan.  Little did we know that is the wrong noun for cool.  Anyways one of the characters was fresco elmo.  The world continued to revolve.

My priest in WoW's name and my + Jala's birthdays. Once Blizzard started doing the Battletag thing i used Caillean and have been using it as a username ever since.

You two are quite possibly the nerdiest relationship I have ever heard of.

And it is awesome