The end of the VHLE

Beketov

Goodbye Europe! 

Although I had my first and now only season in the E, I thoroughly enjoyed my players time with Oslo. Not only because we won the Renaissance Cup that season but @JB123 was an outstanding GM and the team was great. Definitely a memorable time in the E.

So long and thanks for all the fish :cheers:

the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy dolphin GIF

Edited by Subject056
Updated tagged user

7 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Goodbye Europe! 

Although I had my first and now only season in the E, I thoroughly enjoyed my players time with Oslo. Not only because we won the Renaissance Cup that season but @JardyB10 was an outstanding GM and the team was great. Definitely a memorable time in the E.

So long and thanks for all the fish :cheers:

the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy dolphin GIF

I'm going to assume that's @JB123 😛

17 minutes ago, The goat of hockey said:

Question: will there be anything similar to the E in the future 

Yea if there's another Covid to cause a mass lock down and subsequent flood of internet users and thus VHL members, the E will likely be reinstated to fill the need

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, The goat of hockey said:

Question: will there be anything similar to the E in the future 

Nothing is impossible. The system did work as intended (despite the feelings some have about it) but just doesn’t make current sense anymore. I wouldn’t call it likely but you never know.

22 hours ago, Grape said:

Yea if there's another Covid to cause a mass lock down and subsequent flood of internet users and thus VHL members, the E will likely be reinstated to fill the need

anyone wanna join me in a bat eating competition

On 9/14/2024 at 4:13 AM, Beketov said:

I won't lie, some of you are probably thrilled to be reading this, but for me it's bitter sweet.

I was never apart of the "fuck VHLE" crowd, but I will admit that over the years I've never really cared for it. I don't think it's bitter sweet for me in the same way it may be for others, but I think you described it perfectly at the end. The VHLE wasn't a failure, in fact my best seasons as a goalie were in the E. I just think it was a league for it's time that like you said, it made sense when the world was in a lockdown and everybody was chronically online (myself included). I think this site has always functioned on a two-league system with not much in it's favor for a third league. I admittedly was coming around on the E, and I realized that as my real life got busier and I was relegated to welfare earning, it was nice to have a middle league for me to play in.

Thanks to everyone who made the E possible, the BOGs, Commish, GM, and everyone in between

Edited by ShawnGlade

21 hours ago, Beketov said:

Nothing is impossible. The system did work as intended (despite the feelings some have about it) but just doesn’t make current sense anymore. I wouldn’t call it likely but you never know.

I've always been curious about how a true farm system would work. Give each VHL team a singular, dedicated minor league team

Of course, logistically impossible at this point in time, from building 16 different brands, and then FILLING 16 different teams....never gonna happen. But still cool to ponder

1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

I've always been curious about how a true farm system would work. Give each VHL team a singular, dedicated minor league team

Of course, logistically impossible at this point in time, from building 16 different brands, and then FILLING 16 different teams....never gonna happen. But still cool to ponder

I think in the dawn of the VHL this was a thing but was abandoned after some time (I am sure Victor will jump in and correct me)...

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

I think in the dawn of the VHL this was a thing but was abandoned after some time (I am sure Victor will jump in and correct me)...

Correct, the original VHLM used the farm system. It was abandoned relatively early so that the M could have their own GM’s with their own control rather than having their lines tacked onto the VHL ones and such.

Makes you wonder...

Had the hybrid system been in place before the VHLE, the balance of performance would have never culminated in the VHLE being created in the first place.

I can't recall how many active members there were back then, but I think I do recall that the creation of the E was a better idea than to expand and contract VHLM franchises to fit all the actives.

I still think it should be VHLJ tho... it's a junior league for draftees, not minor affiliations.