New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

19 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

NcUcFyt.png  NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE  NcUcFyt.png

*week ending June 27th*

1. After a close race in the standings, the Americans have clinched a playoff spot, how are you feeling?
2. Would you say your player performs better in playoffs or regular season?
3. Who would you say New York's playoff rival is?
4. The first wave of recreates eligible for the "9-season career" what do you think this new era of the VHL will bring?
5. If your player went furniture shopping, what kind of couch are they getting?
6. Another day, another hour, another minute, another second, what do you do to pass the time?

1. Very very very pumped! Rookie season and now rookie playoffs

2. With Minnesota I didn't do very well in the playoffs but I can change that with new York 

3. As this is my first year with new York I don't really know who our rivals are

4. I think the VHL is growing and becoming so much better and the new era will bring more of the same

5. The most comfortable couch I can find!

6. Actually I started doing the VHL to pass time and have a good time.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending June 20th*

1. We're currently on a long awaited winning streak, just in time to help solidify our spot in the standings, how are you going to be celebrating this?

I'm going to go to a nice dinner with the family.

2. What has been the best part of this season for you?

Getting to watch my future team make some big plays.

3. The second poll for possible VHLE team locations is up, mainly having you decide on what team name for berlin and paris, which names given do you prefer?

I didn't vote. I'm good with whatever.

4. The NHL playoffs have come down to the final four teams, who do you think will advance to the finals?

Tampa Bay and Vegas

5. It's been a pretty warm summer so far (in the states at least) how are you staying cool?

Air Conditioning

6. What is one thing you've wanted to buy? Either from your childhood or currently.

A house...

14 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending June 27th*

1. After a close race in the standings, the Americans have clinched a playoff spot, how are you feeling?

IT WAS THE MAIN GOAL I WANTED TO ACHIEVE. 

MY PREVIOUS PLAYER WAS GREAT IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND NO GOOD IN THR PLAYOFFS. LETS SEE WHAT CHARA CAN DO !

CURRENTLY BATTLING CGY FOR THE 3RD PLACE SPOT. MAYBE THEM BUT NOT REALLY ANYONE YET. 

4. The first wave of recreates eligible for the "9-season career" what do you think this new era of the VHL will bring?

SOME BIG TIME PLAYERS 

L SHAPED COUCH WITH ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES

6. Another day, another hour, another minute, another second, what do you do to pass the time?

HOCKEY, EAT , SLEEP , HOCKEY 🏒 

On 6/21/2021 at 10:27 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending June 27th*

1. I was pumped about it. Sad that we are out now :(

2. I think he is mediocre none the less!

3. Definitely CGY!

4. I think it will be interesting for sure. I'm curious to see how it will pan out!

5. One of the ones that have built in recliners!

6. Stare at my computer and wait for @Juice to angry tag me.

On 6/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending June 27th*

1. Finally!1!! About time! 11 1!!

2. Well first time playoffs in VHL, but given had a poor regular season, should be better

3. I guess it would be DC

4. big turbulence and a long list of retirees

5. recliner got to sleep while seating

6. I doze off from the unusual heat

On 6/21/2021 at 10:27 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending June 27th*

1. Well we are out now so I'm a little disappointed.

2. I think I play about the same during the regular season and playoffs.

3. Probably DC.

4. Hoping for the continuation of re-occurring excitement.

5. Any couch that is big and comfortable.

6. All I ever do is watch Netflix and sleep.

NcUcFyt.png  NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE  NcUcFyt.png

*week ending July 4th*

(sorry for the weird formatting, I’m on my phone rn😜)

New York was sadly eliminated from the playoffs, what are you going to do with your time this offseason before training camp?

The third and final VHLE team poll has been put out asking you to pick 3 team to possibly be named apart of the VHLE, what were your choices?

If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways?

The Stanley Cup Finals are here, Montreal v Tampa, even the US president and Canadian prime minister are getting into it, who do you have winning the finals?

If there were a board game you’d have to play for the rest of your life what game would it be?

Though we may be out, is there a team you would prefer to win the championship in the VHL, or maybe the VHLM?

3 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

New York was sadly eliminated from the playoffs, what are you going to do with your time this offseason before training camp?

The third and final VHLE team poll has been put out asking you to pick 3 team to possibly be named apart of the VHLE, what were your choices?

If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways?

The Stanley Cup Finals are here, Montreal v Tampa, even the US president and Canadian prime minister are getting into it, who do you have winning the finals?

If there were a board game you’d have to play for the rest of your life what game would it be?

Though we may be out, is there a team you would prefer to win the championship in the VHL, or maybe the VHLM?

1. Hopefully more graphics. I haven't been able to do that much because I've been moving  but I'm in my new house now and should get wi-fi today.

2. The steel, the revolution, and the Express.

3. I don't know yet. Still getting moved In.

4. As a blackhawks fan. Canada has waited long enough! So go habs. (Also my grandfather is a Canadians fan)

5. Does chess count? 

6. Don't really know about the VHL but for the VHLM... GO MINNESOTA! Former team all the way!

38 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

1. Cry. Try to keep it together. Cry more.

2. I think I picked Paris, Been and I can't remember the third.

3. It's Canada Day Thursday, and my boss gave us Friday off, too. I'm going to get a lot of relaxation in.

4. Montreal, so that Pittsburgh remains the most recent back to back.

5. Maybe Hero Quest, since it could double as an RPG.

6. No, once we're out, my fucks are gone.

9 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

Train harder,  earn that tpe and return ready for next season

oh my,  i may have missed this "embarrassed face"

canadian.  Ours us July 1st. spending time with the fam.

this is the worst finals for me.  I dislike both teams.  Tampa can win but let the salary cap controversy follow them everywhere they go

THE WINNING TICKET 🎟 🙌 

CALGARY !!!!!

15 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

1. Time to retire at a beach house in Australia for Latrell

2. I chose before I looked at logos and now that I've had a look I made all the wrong choices, le sad

3. Because USA is not the only country in the world, but it is Territory Day and Canada Day on the 1st so let's get fucked up

4. Tampa AINEC

5. Probably Catan, goat board game

6. Yeah gotta go for Warsaw my old team and Muff's last season, that team deserves a cup

Week Ending July 4th

1. New York was sadly eliminated from the playoffs, what are you going to do with your time this offseason before training camp?

Enjoying San Diego's time in the play-offs.

2. The third and final VHLE team poll has been put out asking you to pick 3 team to possibly be named apart of the VHLE, what were your choices?

I haven't participated. I'm looking forward the surprise of the team names.

3. If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways?

Spending the whole weekend with family.

4. The Stanley Cup Finals are here, Montreal v Tampa, even the US president and Canadian prime minister are getting into it, who do you have winning the finals?

Tampa.

5. If there were a board game you’d have to play for the rest of your life what game would it be?

Risk. Hands down my favorite.

6. Though we may be out, is there a team you would prefer to win the championship in the VHL, or maybe the VHLM?

San Diego Marlins!

On 6/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

Sales went skydiving! 

Frankly, I don't remember. I'm hoping for Rome though.

If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways? Of course I am celebrating! I have some friends of mine from the Army coming over for a cookout.

Tampa! USA!

Probably Catan. I can play that game forever lol!

Well, I was hoping for San Diego to win, obviously. Now, I think I'd like to see Yukon win. I know, shocking. But, since they eliminated us I'd like to think it's because they were the best, not just a fluke.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:54 AM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

1. Train strength brother. Must kill the league.

2.  Honestly I hate the VHLE. I dont care about them.

3. 4th of july is a sham holiday.  Just gonna sit back and relax.

4. Tampa, its 3-0 but I believed they would win the whole time.

5. Monopoly, it takes a whole day.

6. SEATTLE ALWAYS WINS

On 6/29/2021 at 6:54 AM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 4th*

shooting some hoops

Paris, Germany, Swed

Canadian, no 4th of July

Tampa, the difference in level is heaven and earth

Monopoly, it actually will not end 

Aces, I couldn't get it done down there

*week ending July 11th*

1. Offseason is for training, but is also for my favorite part, vacationing. Where are you planning to spend this offseason?

2. Back to that training part of the offseason, what part of your player are you going to be working on?

3. The 6 official teams for the new branch of the league (VHLE if you didn't catch what I'm talking about) are out, which are your favorite or who would you had preferred take the place of another team?

4. Predictions for the VHL championship have begun, who do you have winning?

5.  Slowly everyday the old "normal" is coming back. What's something you look forward to doing now that you couldn't do in the past year.

6. The Tampa Bay Lightning are the Stanley Cup champions after a close 1-0 game, would you have preferred that the Canadians come back to take the series or have another specific team win the cup?

4 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

1. Offseason is for training, but is also for my favorite part, vacationing. Where are you planning to spend this offseason?

2. Back to that training part of the offseason, what part of your player are you going to be working on?

3. The 6 official teams for the new branch of the league (VHLE if you didn't catch what I'm talking about) are out, which are your favorite or who would you had preferred take the place of another team?

5.  Slowly everyday the old "normal" is coming back. What's something you look forward to doing now that you couldn't do in the past year.

6. The Tampa Bay Lightning are the Stanley Cup champions after a close 1-0 game, would you have preferred that the Canadians come back to take the series or have another specific team win the cup?

1. Mostly at home. A few day trips planned and 1 week away at a convention.

2. Maybe getting scoring up so I score more goals.

3. I'm pretty happy with the teams picked.

4. Warsaw. Mostly cause there winning not really any other reason.

5. I just moved from new Jersey to close to Chicago so hopefully I can go to a hawks game.

6. Since the Blackhawks didn't make it most of the playoffs I was cheering for Montreal so I wanted them to win.

week ending July 11th*

MEXICO, ON THE BEACH  :)😃 

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING. IT BE NICE TO GET DEF TO 99.

I AM CONTENT WITH HOW THINGS PLAYED OUT. 

WARSAW AGAIN THIS SEASON, EVENTUALLY ILL BE RIGHT . 

PLAY BALL HOCKEY 🏑 

ANY OTHER TEAM OTHER THAN , TAMPA , MONTREAL OR TORONTO AND I WOULD BE HAPPY. 

11 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

1. I am under a legally binding agreement that prohibits me from discussing my off-season plans.

2. The regression part 😭

3. I had wanted the Bern team to make it. Paris and Berlin are already well-represented in many places.

4. I think I picked Warsaw? They're in there, right?

5. Having dinner guests.

6. I wanted the Habs to win, just so Pittsburgh would still be the most recent back to back. Obviously I'd just prefer if Pittsburgh won.

22 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

St. John's NL, heard they got a new ice cream spot downtown. 

Definitely going to be working on my stickhandling over the offseason.

Vasteras all day baby. 

I picked Warsaw to win it... and they won. 

Music Festivals. 

Absolutely not.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

1. Going kayaking, ALOT!

2. Rebound control and his speed.

3. I like the Paris Revolution, but I think I would have preferred Rome Gladiators! 

4. I was pulling for Warsaw

5. Life didn't really slow down for me, so there isn't much I'm doing now that I wasn't doing a year ago.

6. I mean, I'd always prefer the Penguins to win. I was glad that a US team beat out a Canadian team. So, that made me happy!

3 hours ago, Tate said:

1. What are your thoughts on the announced VHLE teams? Any surprises?

Kind of surprised,  but i am ok with the choices.

2. Do you have your next player in mind? If so, what position are you eyeing?

Its a ways away but definitely a goalie. 

3. Warsaw has yet to name their new GM, who do you think it should be? Feel free to tag that person.

Dlamb would be a good fit. Obviously there are some deserving M GMs that have been waiting patiently as well.  

4. The pandemic is slowing and people are getting out more, what is an activity you've done that you hadn't been able to for quite a while?

i watched last night's ufc at a patio bar. Ate some apps and drank a few too many beers 🍻 

5. Are you a gamer? If so, name a few games you're playing at the moment. If not, what's a hobby that you love to spend your spare time doing?

NHL 21 is my main #1.  I play other games but nhl 21 is what I play the most. 

6. What are your predictions for New York next season?

We will have less tpe but sometimes things can click and i think we will do better. 

On 7/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

1. At UBC Thunderbird Arena, training as I'm getting old

2. Trying to work on not getting too old, everything is going backwards

3. Paris Revolution, it's a revolution.. in French

4. I have a loss, haven't been following

5. eating out with friends

6. Still looking for the first cup in pacific north

On 7/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending July 11th*

1. I plan on visiting my family in Poland during this offseason.

2. Just trying to stay in shape, I'm getting old.

3. I like Paris Revolutions.

4. Warsaw won!!!

5. Going to the bar and clubs.

6. No I don't really have a preference on who I would have wanted to win instead.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:59 PM, Tate said:

1. What are your thoughts on the announced VHLE teams? Any surprises?

2. Do you have your next player in mind? If so, what position are you eyeing?

3. Warsaw has yet to name their new GM, who do you think it should be? Feel free to tag that person.

4. The pandemic is slowing and people are getting out more, what is an activity you've done that you hadn't been able to for quite a while?

5. Are you a gamer? If so, name a few games you're playing at the moment. If not, what's a hobby that you love to spend your spare time doing?

6. What are your predictions for New York next season?

1. I wanted the Bern team.

2. Only have a couple seasons of Kosmo left, so I've been thinking about it. Might try a forward, this time 

3. Man, I don't know who's good at that shit.

4. I had people over for role-playing. Hadn't done that in over a year.

5.  I've been playing NCAA 13, Diablo II and Retro Goal.

6. I think it's going to be a tough year. My sense is that we got older and we we're already inconsistent.