New York Americans Press Conference Questions

STZ

On 7/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Tate said:

1. What are your thoughts on the announced VHLE teams? Any surprises?

2. Do you have your next player in mind? If so, what position are you eyeing?

3. Warsaw has yet to name their new GM, who do you think it should be? Feel free to tag that person.

4. The pandemic is slowing and people are getting out more, what is an activity you've done that you hadn't been able to for quite a while?

5. Are you a gamer? If so, name a few games you're playing at the moment. If not, what's a hobby that you love to spend your spare time doing?

6. What are your predictions for New York next season?

1. Not really, the "big" ones are there

2. Yes, Dman has always been the plan

3. No comment, do they even need one?

4. eating out, but I try to avoid that

5. civilization vi, shin megami tensei strange journey, hockey gm simulator

6. I only predict a cup victory, like always

NcUcFyt.png  NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE  NcUcFyt.png

*Week ending July 25th*

1. There’s the tradition in the VHL of doing “marbles” before each draft. What do you think of this tradition, should it change or just not be present at all?

2. The season starts soon, how do you think this season will go for the Americans?

3. Our very own @thadthrashersung a duet for all to hear. Between juice and himself who do you think has the better voice?

4. The Seattle Kraken expansion draft is over and they’ve selected their team, what are your expectations for them once they finally enter the league?

5. I had a raw egg in one of my meals and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, what’s a food you didn’t expect to be as good as it looked?

6. It’s been a hot summer on my part and I’ve been doing lots of site seeing. What’s somethings you’ve done or are going to do before the summer ends?

3 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

*Week ending July 25th*

1. There’s the tradition in the VHL of doing “marbles” before each draft. What do you think of this tradition, should it change or just not be present at all? It absolutely should be present. Tradition is everything!

2. The season starts soon, how do you think this season will go for the Americans? I think it will go better than ever before. I feel that this is our year for victory!

3. Our very own @thadthrashersung a duet for all to hear. Between juice and himself who do you think has the better voice? Clearly it was me :D

4. The Seattle Kraken expansion draft is over and they’ve selected their team, what are your expectations for them once they finally enter the league? They picked a bunch of people no one's heard of. Should be interesting, that's for sure.

5. I had a raw egg in one of my meals and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, what’s a food you didn’t expect to be as good as it looked? Ox tail soup was something I didn't expect to taste as good as it did.

6. It’s been a hot summer on my part and I’ve been doing lots of site seeing. What’s somethings you’ve done or are going to do before the summer ends? I'd like to go camping/hiking at least one more time.

*Week ending July 25th*

1. There’s the tradition in the VHL of doing “marbles” before each draft. What do you think of this tradition, should it change or just not be present at all?

2. The season starts soon, how do you think this season will go for the Americans?

3. Our very own @thadthrashersung a duet for all to hear. Between juice and himself who do you think has the better voice?

4. The Seattle Kraken expansion draft is over and they’ve selected their team, what are your expectations for them once they finally enter the league?

5. I had a raw egg in one of my meals and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, what’s a food you didn’t expect to be as good as it looked?

6. It’s been a hot summer on my part and I’ve been doing lots of site seeing. What’s somethings you’ve done or are going to do before the summer ends?

1. I had no idea that was a thing so I'm not really one to talk.

2. Were going to go 72-0 and sweep everyone in the playoffs. (Maybe those are a little high expectations)

3. I don't know cause I didn't hear it.🤷‍♂️

4. I don't think they'll be better than Vegas In there inaugural season but i think they'll be decent.

5. This refried beans salad dish thing.

6. I went to Idaho for a week and were white water rafting.

Week ending July 25th*

1. There’s the tradition in the VHL of doing “marbles” before each draft. What do you think of this tradition, should it change or just not be present at all?

I like it 👌,  no issues from me

We regressed a little bit talent wise, but that does not always translate to less success. I think we can still battle for a playoff spot and hopefully win more than one game 😉 if we get there.

3. Our very own @thadthrashersung a duet for all to hear. Between juice and himself who do you think has the better voice?

I am going to keep our goalender's confidence high and say Thad. 

The pacific division is not super strong.  Seattle could be a team that sneaks into the playoffs, even with its current roster. 

5. I had a raw egg in one of my meals and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, what’s a food you didn’t expect to be as good as it looked?  An Acadian dish called "rappie pie or rapure".  I grew up eating it but newbies say It looks like a plate full of boogers. 

6. It’s been a hot summer on my part and I’ve been doing lots of site seeing. What’s somethings you’ve done or are going to do before the summer ends?

Trip to Niagra Falls might be fun now that things are open.  Maybe that 🤔, i am only a 90 min drive away. 

9 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*Week ending July 25th*

1. I'm not exactly sure what that is lol

2. Playoffs here we come!

3. Thad has a better voice but juice made is comically entertaining. 

4. I don't think they'll be the worst team but I don't think they'll be one of the best either.

5. I don't eat food that doesn't look good.

6. I went to go play mini putt which is probably the most exciting thing I've done all summer, but I'm hoping to go to the beach still and maybe go hiking.

1. Never heard of this

2. We are definitely a playoff team

3. Most definitely @thadthrasher

4. I think there gonna surprise a lot of people.. no playoffs they will just miss out

5. I am a very picky eater I don't trying new things.

6. Taking the kids to the beach and bike rides

NcUcFyt.png  NEW YORK AMERICANS PRESS CONFERENCE  NcUcFyt.png

*week ending august 1st*

1. The season has started, how has your player done so far out the gate?

2. Now off your individual player and to more of a team perspective, how do you think the team has performed so far?

3. There’s so much creativity in the league between podcasts and articles. What’s something you read/listen to the most on the forums?

4. The NHL draft has now concluded as well, how do you think your team will do this year?

5. I was recently on a tree climbing course, but I’m afraid of heights, what’s a fear you have?

6. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi?

*week ending august 1st*

2. Now off your individual player and to more of a team perspective, how do you think the team has performed so far?

3. There’s so much creativity in the league between podcasts and articles. What’s something you read/listen to the most on the forums?

4. The NHL draft has now concluded as well, how do you think your team will do this year?

5. I was recently on a tree climbing course, but I’m afraid of heights, what’s a fear you have?

1. The first 3 games I had 3 points so that was great! Then the next 3 games I had 0 but you know...

2. Not to great but we have plenty of time to work it out.

3. I read lots of the power ranking ones.

4. Better than last year! At least that's what I'm hoping for. I always enter the season optimistic.

5. I am also afraid of heights so we are in the same boat there.

6. I don't know I probably have coke more but I'm not sure which one I prefer.

1.The season has started, how has your player done so far out the gate?

pretty well , Chara putting up balanced stats , hits goals and some 🍎.   I just got to watch my pims. 

That first 0-2 sim sunk us........but we just went 2-0 tonight and are in a playoff spot.  Things are turning around !

i really enjoy all podcasts on the vhl 

We drafted a European  dangler and just signed Taylor hall

im not a fan of spiders , snakes , rodents 

early life Pepsi all the way,  now coke but enjoy both but honestly I drink pop 5-10 times a year lol not much anymore 

19 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 1st*

Not too terrible, but still not great. I'm at the point where I need to start saving for regression, so there isn't much more I can do.

I mean, we're still only a few games into the new season. Out of 8 games we have won 4 and lost 4, which isn't a terrible start. As a team, we've done pretty well, but still can improve.

I love @JardyB10's podcasts. It's that bit of crude humor that I need after spending all day exhausting myself.

I think the Penguins are holding on to too many high salary players that are no longer performing. I'm all about franchise players, but at the jeopardy of the team? No.

Funny enough, heights. Like, I'm not afraid of going up high. I can climb trees all day. It's when I know I have to come down and I'm afraid of making a mistake that makes me fall. Now, it's different when I have equipment on me, but I don't typically climb trees with ropes and harnesses!

lI grew up in a household where Coke was drank more than water. But, as I grew older I liked Pepsi more. I still prefer Pepsi, but I stopped drinking soda. I'm trying to cut out a lot of liquid sugars and carbs, so no more beer or soda for a while.

1. Player has been surprising.. just shows what happens when ur trusted with  1st line minutes 

2. It always take time when there are new players joining a team.. we will be ok. And make a deep run into playoffs

3. I like the power rankings and the post draft rankings.

4. I hope Owen Power works out wether he plays this year or next.

5. Don't have any fears that I can think of

6. I drank Pepsi from time I woke up till I went to bed.. I just quit drinking pop all together like a month ago

On 7/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 1st*

1. Not bad. Better than I expected, for this old geezer.

2. We've been a bit up and down, but solid on average.

3. These press conferences.

4. Most of their lineup is intact. If they can get better goaltending in the playoffs, they'll do great.

5. I'm only afraid of two things. One is nuclear war.

6. Coke. Diet Coke.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 1st*

1. Better than last season, a lot better. Should only improve from here.

2. Kinda similar to last season, NA is tighter than something tight, not sure how we'll finish.

3. Literally nothing, I do not pay attention to the forums and rarely go on them.

4. Pens look very similar to last year, hopefully a similar finish with a stronger playoff push.

5. Losing, luckily it never happens.

6. Both are terrible but easily pepsi, coke is disgusting. Diet cokes fine.

*week ending august 8th*

1. How do you feel the team has been performing lately?
2. During toronto's firesale we acquired Pheonix Dawson, how do you think he will affect the team?
3. Currently we stand 4th in NA, and in a playoff spot, where do we go from here?
4. The new VHLE GM's were announced and we're now a step closer to its inaugural season, are you excited for the VHLE?
5. What's the worst feeling in the world, either physically or emotionally?
6. What is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

4 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 8th*

2. During toronto's firesale we acquired Pheonix Dawson, how do you think he will affect the team?
3. Currently we stand 4th in NA, and in a playoff spot, where do we go from here?
4. The new VHLE GM's were announced and we're now a step closer to its inaugural season, are you excited for the VHLE?

1. Pretty damn good. If it wasn't for the bot blowing it, we'd have won another two.

2. I think he could bring a defensive presence up front that could really help our pk.

3. Up, up and away!

4. Yeah, it's a good place for people like me that are too lazy for regular PTs.

5. The worst pain I've ever felt was when the baby bit me on the dick. That was through my pants, too.

6. A ton of feathers, they're attached to birds.

1 hour ago, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 8th*

1. We started bad but we are on the upward climb. 

2. I think he will fit in nicely and he already knows some of the guys on discord so we've got some locker room chemistry.

3. We keep going up until we're on top!

4. Super pumped! We need another league and this will help even things out.

5. Watching your team blow a lead late in a game.

6. They both way a ton that's all I know.

1. How has the team

been performing lately?

Good, until tonight's sim 😢

Dawson is a great addition. A Top center that should really help our team. 

Lets up up or stay put. No down option 

Honestly....no

I will most likely forget about it until my next player possibly plays in it 

Feeling hopeless or helpless

Feathers, because the word has more letters duh 🙄 

On 8/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 8th*

1. How do you feel the team has been performing lately? I think we are doing well, but need to kick it into high gear soon.
2. During toronto's firesale we acquired Pheonix Dawson, how do you think he will affect the team? Well, so far, he's cursed us! Hopefully the curse will be lifted.
3. Currently we stand 4th in NA, and in a playoff spot, where do we go from here? Ultimate victory = A Championship!
4. The new VHLE GM's were announced and we're now a step closer to its inaugural season, are you excited for the VHLE? I am INCREDIBLY excited. As one of the future GMs I am looking forward to the VHLE very much.
5. What's the worst feeling in the world, either physically or emotionally? Absolute isolation. Not by choice, but by utter seclusion. 
6. What is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? Neither, a ton of hockey pucks is heavier.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, N0HBDY said:

*week ending august 8th*

1. Extremely well we just had an off day yesterday.

2. I'm excited to team up with Phoenix Dawson again. I think it will take a few game to get going but he is a great player and teammate. 

3. Up up up.

4. No I more concentrated on my player and my teammates  and helping us win games.

5. Losing a loved one

6. They both weigh the same

Edited by Webberj

Ever since Phoenix Dawson has arrived it has not been great. I'm hoping the team will find some chemistry and get rolling.

I hope to be a positive addition to the locker room and eventually have a star player on the ice!

We're going to compete and sneak into the playoffs where we will play a cinderella story and win it all.

Not one bit! I love seeing the returning teams and the GMs were solid choices but I simply won't be interested until I have a player of my own there.

Realizing you forgot something at home after leaving/recalling cringe memories.

Neither/both/a ton/something

• 2 weeks later...

*week ending august 22nd*

1. The trade deadline approaches, and so does the possible end to the season, how do you think the team has performed this year?

2. Kind of a spin off from the previous question but, how has your player been doing this season so far?

3. It's theme week! What are you going to do to cash in on the extra 6 the?

4. The VHL is putting on another suggestions drive, what's something you may have or would suggest for them?

5. Summer is coming to a close, what's something you may or may not look forward to going back to?

6. I know it's a tacky one but, why did the chicken cross the road?

16 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

1. The trade deadline approaches, and so does the possible end to the season, how do you think the team has performed this year?

2. Kind of a spin off from the previous question but, how has your player been doing this season so far?

4. The VHL is putting on another suggestions drive, what's something you may have or would suggest for them?

5. Summer is coming to a close, what's something you may or may not look forward to going back to?

1. Not as well as I hoped but there has been some good takeaways.

2. Really well. I always try to do better than the season before and I'm on pace to have a better year.

3. I don't know if I'll be able to but we'll see.

4. I haven't looked into it yet and am not really sure.

5. Back to playing basketball. I wasn't able to play last year because of covid.

6. To run away from Chick-fil-A.

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

1. We haven't been doing very good. 

2. My player has been doing pretty good.

3. Hopefully I have time to make a graphic.

4. I haven't thought about this much yet, you'll just have to wait for my post to find out lol

5. I'm not looking forward to going back to school.

6. To get to the arena to watch a hockey game.

1. It's been an up and down season.. not where we wanted to be.

2. I am having the best season in vhl so far... 

3. If I get a chance I wanna work on graphic.

4. I would like to see and NA vs EUROPEAN Allstar game.

5.  For my kids to get back too school.

6. Too get to the other side.. (hahahaha)