Time to get something off my chest

Victor

• Admin

This post was originally made on April 14 in the moderator forum.

Note to Kendrick: I don't care if you read this. No one online or offline has ever made me so strongly hate them as you have done. So well done I guess? Please don't come back.

I genuinely don't know what happened with boubabi, I can only assume that he didn't like the blue team after I left. I'm not trying to paint myself as some pacifying hero btw just an observation and I have seen quotes from him basically, for some reason, comparing the current commishes to me. Which is flattering but wholly unnecessary - the current commishes have been great at navigating a much more difficult period in the league's history than in my time x.

Anyway, sorry, classic tangent about me. My point is, at the time of me leaving, I thought Kendrick was very much the greatest detriment to the league and boubabi was just a slightly egotistical guy who liked to bend some rules a bit - not the first or last member who's a bit too driven to success in a way which rubs some people the wrong way.

There's no going back to that, boubabi has burned his bridges. BUT, Kendrick is a grade A cunt. Below is a brief sample of Kendrick's on-and-off grudges over the course of the league's history:

Me

The Gows

The Pajodcast crew (Adv, devise, jericho)

boubabi

Bushito

Zimmers

Greg

Banack

NickBarr

nibbz

Damien

Tyler

scotty I'm pretty sure

I feel like I should pin that list somewhere and keep updating it as I remember more names. At various points I've felt that Kendrick was the single cause of our retention issues, completely nullifying his often useful recruitment efforts. And look at that list. It is unbelievably diverse. Yeah, lots of people there that were/are confrontational, but also lots that really aren't that much. It's not like it's the same type of person which rattles him, it's literally anyone who disagrees/calls him out more than once. Or just like wins a cup and is happy about it.

And there is a such a variety of ways in which he goes after people. The public arguments, the snipes, the indirect call-outs (we all know the classic "I hope X team wins this series because Y team just don't go about winning in a respectful way"), the biased voting, the locker room conspiracies, the refusal to show any respect and recognition to his hated members and their player (glaring omissions from media spot articles or podcasts or other lists which clearly SHOULD include the people he's ignoring. Except he's obviously not ignoring them).

I could literally write a thesis on sociology and human psychology purely based on 9 years of witnessing this dickhead. Unfortunately he'll never do anything to warrant a permanent ban, and any brief suspensions will be construed as persecution. There's no winning with this guy.

I didn’t mind the guy but when he removed everyone from the VHL Facebook page. He got into my shit list. He chooses to leave no one made him leave and he then keeps the Facebook page just so we cannot have it? That’s a grade A cunt move 

(Completely independent of Kendrick, but Boubabi was positively horrible following your last departure. Racist bullshit, low blows about people's families including Kendrick's, constant fights. It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition, both can be shitty for the league to have around, just saying the direct comparison may not be entirely apt.)

Just now, CowboyinAmerica said:

(Completely independent of Kendrick, but Boubabi was positively horrible following your last departure. Racist bullshit, low blows about people's families including Kendrick's, constant fights. It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition, both can be shitty for the league to have around, just saying the direct comparison may not be entirely apt.)

Speaking from my more inside experience on some of that situation. It very much felt to me talking with Kendrick that even if/when we banned Boubabi that he was still not happy, and questioned the competency of the Blue Team. As mentioned Boubabi did slight him several times, but the situation was complicated and was handled by the Blue Team eventually. I perceived Kendrick to be taking slights to that, and he basically raised the question that he couldn't feel safe here because he didn't feel the community rules were being utilized in a way to protect him from that shit. 

Much of the Blue Team tried to play neutral arbiter during all of that process, with Boubabi and with Kendrick. But they really just couldn't let some shit go, in both cases honestly. Even after Boubabi was banned in this instance for Kendrick. The very fact that Boubabi had offended him to the degree he did and was not immediately handled with and given chances or had cases argued for etc was enough. 

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

The comparison mostly stems from the fact that both were at each other’s throats at the time. When this was written it was basically impossible to discuss possible punishment for Boubabi without Kendrick being part of the equation because they were usually the ones openly arguing.

To give context we were trying to find a balance. We knew that Boubabi was being banned (I believe this was slightly after it occured) but we were trying to figure out the best course of action to take with those of whom he had squabbled. In large part people were defending themselves against Boubabi, Kendrick included, but in small parts people were also getting him going on purpose or otherwise pushing his buttons to get the reaction they knew was coming so that Boubabi would be banned.

It was a complicated situation and while I will never back down on my standpoint that a solid portion of blame needed to be put on Boubabi I can’t pretend Kendrick was innocent either. He knew what he was doing. He would get Boubabi riled up, get into an argument, and then complain that we weren’t doing anything about it. Problem is that his actions made everything more complicated because in his mind he was the victim so he couldn’t be at fault. Meanwhile, from the league’s perspective, we saw two aggressors, even if one was worse, and could t simply side with whomever came running to us first.

Long story short, it was complicated but there are definitely reasons the comparison was made, even if it was never 100% fair.

When in the SHL, him and I battled HARD and maybe it carried over to the VHL. I use to fucking hate him. Like every time I would say anything, he was on my ice. He said everyone hated Seattle and I was a bad GM but it was only ever him while others said Inwas the best and most passionate. 

He also called me out when my grandfather died, as did Boubabi... yet kendrick has officially just did the same the same thing and took a job he was unable to do.

Though, lately, I haven’t minded him and while I hated the fights he picked and how he felt he was so righteous, I didn’t mind him.

Reminds me of another person on here.

Im not perfect either though. I work los, have quit smoking and live life. I get bitchy, overreact and cause stuff too. But I’m glad for the community we have on the VHL and love to put effort in when I can to see he success of the league.

Hopefully no hard feelings between anyone here as more often than not I’m joking and it’s easy to miscommunication on a forum via text.

Long live the VHL, even beyond my days

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

The comparison mostly stems from the fact that both were at each other’s throats at the time. When this was written it was basically impossible to discuss possible punishment for Boubabi without Kendrick being part of the equation because they were usually the ones openly arguing.

To give context we were trying to find a balance. We knew that Boubabi was being banned (I believe this was slightly after it occured) but we were trying to figure out the best course of action to take with those of whom he had squabbled. In large part people were defending themselves against Boubabi, Kendrick included, but in small parts people were also getting him going on purpose or otherwise pushing his buttons to get the reaction they knew was coming so that Boubabi would be banned.

It was a complicated situation and while I will never back down on my standpoint that a solid portion of blame needed to be put on Boubabi I can’t pretend Kendrick was innocent either. He knew what he was doing. He would get Boubabi riled up, get into an argument, and then complain that we weren’t doing anything about it. Problem is that his actions made everything more complicated because in his mind he was the victim so he couldn’t be at fault. Meanwhile, from the league’s perspective, we saw two aggressors, even if one was worse, and could t simply side with whomever came running to us first.

Long story short, it was complicated but there are definitely reasons the comparison was made, even if it was never 100% fair.

He's been doing that for as long as I can remember in multiple leagues. 

7 hours ago, Victor said:

Me

The Gows

The Pajodcast crew (Adv, devise, jericho)

boubabi

Bushito

Zimmers

Greg

Banack

NickBarr

nibbz

Damien

Tyler

scotty I'm pretty sure

Oh hey, I made the list!

10 hours ago, Banackock said:

have quit smoking 

Independent of anything else in this thread: congratulations on this. So hard to do. I saw it firsthand with my dad and his infinite failed attempts back in the day. 

• Admin
7 hours ago, street said:

wow

How am I not on that list?

1 hour ago, Green said:

@Victor add me to the list. Lately he was okay again, but we had our clashes in the past.

It was very much a spur of the moment list, required minimal thought. I am sure I could double it with a bit more effort.

Street was an obvious omission though. Probably the most relatable for me as I could see the exact same methods being used.

17 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Independent of anything else in this thread: congratulations on this. So hard to do. I saw it firsthand with my dad and his infinite failed attempts back in the day. 

Ha, man. It definitely gets to me somedays. I quit say half a year ago, maybe a little more and lasted 3 months.. 

Officially 3 weeks today.. I get grumpy and agitated sometimes, but I snack and know what it takes because of last time. I just had smokes while drinking and it got me back on.

100% cold turkey. None of that gay vaping shit :P 

You know, I haven't minded Kendrick at all during his time here, although he was the one who originally recruited me, so maybe there is a little bias in that regard. He was always nice to me, but I definitely saw a lot of the arguments around the board between him and others, and it did get ridiculous sometimes. Him and I even got into an argument once, although I don't remember what it was about. But the thing with me arguing on here is that I don't take any of it seriously. Although nobody has made any jabs at my personal life, so there's that. There's been little jabs here and there, but I just brush it off and it's nothing too crazy. Generally though I just don't give a shit about online arguments with people I don't know. No offense to any of you guys, of course.

It's a shame that he got into it with a lot of you. We have a great community here, and with removing the Facebook members like Beav said, or fighting with EFL, I don't know why it was necessary to bring the whole of the VHL down.

I don't know. I don't really know what to say.  I don't remember much of any of the arguments on here unless I go back to the threads, but clearly Kendrick needs a break at the very least.