Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 9/11/2019 at 8:54 PM, Quik said:

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: 

Week Ending September 15th

1. The off-season is coming to an end, how did you spend your time away from the rink?
  2. The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season?
  3. After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?
  4. What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?
  5. How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?
  6. What team, aside from Helsinki, do you think has the best chance to win the Continental Cup this season, and why?

1. I travelled back home to France. I also visited Singapore and South Korea. I went to a figure skating event in Korea, actually. Never hurts to learn more.

2. I expect things to be more the same. I feel like Matt was very much involved in the process of trading away his rights and both parties got what they wanted.

3. Every year it's been the same. Why not again this season?

4. Skill...? Huh, maybe just stickhandling, I'm not quite sure.

5. I think the safe guess is Davos but I also can't be certain. I just mind my own business.

6. I have absolutely zero idea. Vancouver are the reigning champions so I will answer Vancouver, but don't take this as a well-informed opinion.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, Quik said:

Week Ending September 15th

1. The off-season is coming to an end, how did you spend your time away from the rink?
  2. The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season?
  3. After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?
  4. What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?
  5. How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?
  6. What team, aside from Helsinki, do you think has the best chance to win the Continental Cup this season, and why?

1. Partied it all over the world. A world party tour so speak.

2. Honestly don't care, as long as me coming back for another season is paid off with my 2nd cup

3.  Um yes. I wouldn't have come back if I didn't

4. Less drinking and drugs and more playing

5. Neither. They both suck

6. No one, I don't pay attention to any other team. 

I spent more time at the rink alone. I’m sick of this losing the finals shit

1. The Titans made two highly controversial moves, in trading away the rights to superstar Matt Thompson and acquiring ACL TEAR, who is represented by the same agent as Kronos Bailey. How do you feel about the team's off-season?

while it’s sad seeing Matt go, I’m excited to see what acl can bring to the team

1. After a disappointing Continental Cup final, losing to those bums in Vancouver, do you think the Titans have what it takes to win the Cup this season?

we have what it takes to at least get there

1. What is one skill you're focused on working on throughout the upcoming season?

at this point I’m just fighting the plunge to 6 ft under in my career

1. How do you feel about being in a division with Davos and Malmo? Who do you think is the bigger competition?

im more worried about Davis but I think we have the division on lock

1. What team, aside from Helsinki, do youthink has the best chance to win theContinental Cup this season, and why?

no team does. It’s finals or bust baby

Week Ending September 22nd

1. Once again, the Titans are off to a slow start, offensively. Do you have any concerns moving forward?
  2. How much do you enjoy being on Helsinki? Is there anything in the city, in particular, that makes you happy coming to the rink?
  3. Have you undertaken any philanthropic endeavours in your time in the VHL? If so, what cause are you supporting? If not, what is a cause you could see yourself supporting?
  4. What game do you have marked on your calendar, that you are most looking forward to? Why?
  5. Have you seen any good movies lately? What would be your top recommendation?
  6. If you could ask a question for the team press conference, what would it be?

1) Once again, the Titans are off to a slow start, offensively. Do you have any concerns moving forward?

With little cap space and a possible need for depth there could be a reason for concern. I'm sure management will evaluate after the next 5-10 games. This team has been in win-now mode since season 64 and we do not plan to slow down.

2) How much do you enjoy being on Helsinki? Is there anything in the city, in particular, that makes you happy coming to the rink?

Helsinki has become a second home. The people are very friendly. Transitioning from Canada to Finland was as seamless as I could have hoped for.

3) Have you undertaken any philanthropic endeavors in your time in the VHL? If so, what cause are you supporting? If not, what is a cause you could see yourself supporting?

Borwinn has donated his time to raising funds for minor league hockey in Finland. They have an excellent program which is very apparent when viewed on the world stage at international competition.

4) What game do you have marked on your calendar, that you are most looking forward to? Why?

Win 12 of the playoffs. Always the goal.

5) Have you seen any good movies lately? What would be your top recommendation?

I recently re-watched "A Knights Tale". Really brings me back to my childhood. Excellent flick.

R.I.P Heath Ledger.

6) If you could ask a question for the team press conference, what would it be?

What was your last part time job before making it to the big leagues?

1. Once again, the Titans are off to a slow start, offensively. Do you have any concerns moving forward?

Not really. This is a normal Helsinki thing. Will get winning soon! 

2. How much do you enjoy being on Helsinki? Is there anything in the city, in particular, that makes you happy coming to the rink?

I love this team, i love this GM and i love this city. But most importantly i love my teammates. Nothing really about the city. Its the people.

3. Have you undertaken any philanthropic endeavours in your time in the VHL? If so, what cause are you supporting? If not, what is a cause you could see yourself supporting?

You know this sounds super selfish but i have never really donated money before. I better get on that. Bye.

4. What game do you have marked on your calendar, that you are most looking forward to? Why?

Every game. To me every game is important and i need to play my best.

Don't really like movies. Sorry. just don't enjoy them.

Is there anything the Gm could do to improve your time in the VHL?

On 9/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Quik said:

1. Yeah, well... I came here for a cup and if we can't score... how can we win?

2. I came up with the nickname "The Sink" so yeah...

3. Cocaine without borders. It really should be legalized. 

4. Any game against Calgary because their GM is a little crybaby bitch and that's me putting it nicely.

5. AD Astra. Fucking amazing.

6. Why is Orion Slade such a great/bad teammate? 

1) Once again, the Titans are off to a slow start, offensively. Do you have any concerns moving forward?

Not really. It's still early and I know we have the pieces, we just need to figure it out. I trust management will get us to where we need to be.

2) How much do you enjoy being on Helsinki? Is there anything in the city, in particular, that makes you happy coming to the rink?

I'm happy Helsinki owns my rights. I still live in the states for now since I play with Minnesota, but I'm looking for some place to live near the Gulf when I do settle in there. 

3) Have you undertaken any philanthropic endeavors in your time in the VHL? If so, what cause are you supporting? If not, what is a cause you could see yourself supporting?

I haven't, but that's a good idea. So many causes I could see myself getting behind, but I've always been an animal lover so I'd prioritize wildlife conservation or something of the sorts.

4) What game do you have marked on your calendar, that you are most looking forward to? Why?

Does next season qualify? I can't wait to join my brothers in the big leagues next season.

5) Have you seen any good movies lately? What would be your top recommendation?

The most recent movie I've seen is Ferdinand. I'd absolutely recommend that if you have kids or not.

6) If you could ask a question for the team press conference, what would it be?

What's the one thing you regret most in your career?

On 9/16/2019 at 10:27 PM, Quik said:

No, I don't. It seems to be the same thing every year, and we just need to keep working.

Fans are fantastic. They respect your privacy on the streets but they are loud as anything in the arena.

I haven't given any small thought to things like this. I will likely need to find some use for my wages, so it'll remain to be seen.

Start of the playoffs. That's when the games really start for us.

Blade Runner is what I always suggest, I love that film.

What hair conditioner do you guys like to use?

Week Ending September 29th

1. After starting off very slowly, offensively, how relieved are you that the team has been on an offensive tear, scoring 40 goals in the last 15 games?
  2. Have you considered ever changing your visor to blue or any other color?
  3. Which current Titan do you expect to join the Titans Ring of Honour after their playing days are over?
  4. What was your last part time job before making it to the big leagues?
  5. What's the one thing you most regret in your career?
  6. Why is Orion Slade such a great/bad teammate ?

1) After starting off very slowly, offensively, how relieved are you that the team has been on an offensive tear, scoring 40 goals in the last 15 games?

Not gonna lie I was a bit concerned and baffled.

Our roster is far too good to have started off like they did. Really happy with how we were able to turn it around.

2) Have you considered ever changing your visor to blue or any other color?
I've tried a light blue but still prefer the clear visor.

3) Which current Titan do you expect to join the Titans Ring of Honour after their playing days are over?
Pepper, Borwinn, Crosby, Bailey

4) What was your last part time job before making it to the big leagues?
Ripping off people of their old trade in video games at electronics boutique.

5) What's the one thing you most regret in your career?
Can't really think of anything at the moment. The Titans have treated me quite well. Would have been nice to win a Founder's Cup before graduating to the VHL.

6) Why is Orion Slade such a great/bad teammate ?
He chose to return as we are the top contender once again. Cant argue with that. His passion to succeed energizes the locker room.

1 Very relieved. We have such a good group, we should have no problem scoring at will. You could see it wouldn't last, with how low our top line's shooting percentage was

2 I've considered the dark grey like Ovi. He seems to do ok with it

3 Pepper and Borwinn for sure. Probably Bailey and Crosby too 

4 Flipping burgers at the golden arches

5 Nothing really. It's all been awesome. Winning is great, but the tough times early in my career make me appreciate winning

6 He's a fiery guy. You need that in every locker room. Not afraid of stepping on anyone's toes

8 hours ago, Quik said:

1. After starting off very slowly, offensively, how relieved are you that the team has been on an offensive tear, scoring 40 goals in the last 15 games?
  3. Which current Titan do you expect to join the Titans Ring of Honour after their playing days are over?

1. I am very pleased. We seem to have adjusted to some new players and new Strats down the stretch here.

2. No, I find that blue would be a distraction for me when going into the corners.

3. Kronos Bailey most likely. The guy has been a staple in the franchise ever since he got here

4. I worked as a bagger at a local grocery store. It paid terribly but it was good experience for dealing with people.

5. Staying down an extra season to groom myself for the pros

6. He stands up for us, so he is good in my books

1. I knew the squad would get it turned around. We have the talent, but just weren't really clicking the first several games.
    1. Visors are for bitches. Face masks are where it's at.
    1. Pepper for sure. One of the greatest of all-time.
    1. I have yet to play a game in the bigs, so I'd say I'm still part time ;)
    1. Definitely regret taking a break as I was unsure what I wanting to do with my life, but now that I'm back on the ice I wish I wouldn't have taken that break.
    1. He's terrible. I wanted to stay with him when I came to Helsinki and he said nobody interrupts a week-long binge of Sesame Street.

1.After starting off very slowly, offensively, how relieved are you that the team has been on an offensive tear, scoring 40 goals in the last 15 games?

Its been a good feeling. Not only is the team scoring more often but i am also getting some pucks in the net. #FeelsGoodMan.

2.Have you considered ever changing your visor to blue or any other color?

I have played with many different colored visors and white is definitely my favourite. No plan on going to blue.

3.Which current Titan do you expect to join the Titans Ring of Honour after their playing days are over?

For sure Alexander Peppers. Hes an absolute stud and some games hes the only reason we win. He always has our back on the ice but also off the ice.

4.What was your last part time job before making it to the big leagues?

I worked at Little Caesars delivering pizza. Made mad stacks from tips. Pretty good job.

5.What's the one thing you most regret in your career?

Putting time towards skating early. In the VHLM i was so slow. Im happy that i have worked on skating. Its made a huge difference. 

6.Why is Orion Slade such a great/bad teammate?

He's the man....

On 9/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, Quik said:

Week Ending September 29th

1. Goals are cool and all but the only goal I care about is winning the cup. So ask me at the end.

2. Mine's golden cause well... I'm a fucking god. So no. I will not change it andwill never think of it

3. Me. Clearly. How the fuck do you not have a god not on the ring of honour

4. Pimp. It was part time because well... I was bored.

5. Staying here with you fucking morons. I need to spread my wings while the ladies spread their legs. I need to start bouncing around from team to team. My career is dwindling here boys. It's about time I start playing for two teams a season or some shit.

6. Oh I'm the absolute worst. I am not a good wing man i take all the ladies. I don't share the drugs. The list goes on and on 

Week Ending October 6th

1. The Titans have taken over 1st overall in the league standings, how much confidence do you have when you step out onto the ice right now?
  2. What has been your most memorable performance of the season thus far?
  3. What team have you most enjoyed playing against? Why?
  4. What team have you least enjoyed playing against? Why?
  5. As we are close to the mid-way point of the season, have you performed up to your own expectations?
  6. What is one area of the game you think the team can improve on, heading into the second half?

1) The Titans have taken over 1st overall in the league standings, how much confidence do you have when you step out onto the ice right now?
Borwinn has been in beast mode with his line-mates Bailey and Wilinsky.

We have all the confidence in the world right now.

2) What has been your most memorable performance of the season thus far?
2 goals and 3 assists against D.C.
https://vhlportal.com/VHL/68/VHL68-54.html

3) What team have you most enjoyed playing against? Why?
Calgary. I consider them our biggest threat from the NA conference. Nice to see how we measure up. 2-0 thus far.

4) What team have you least enjoyed playing against? Why?
Davos seems to give us a hard time.

5) As we are close to the mid-way point of the season, have you performed up to your own expectations?
What is one area of the game you think the team can improve on, heading into the second half?
I think Borwinn has played beyond expectations, although when you have the strongest line in the league the expectations rise. I'd like to see Borwinn take less PIM's. He is on pace to heavily surpass his career high with 60 mins in 33 games already ?

1.The Titans have taken over 1st overall in the league standings, how much confidence do you have when you step out onto the ice right now?

I have a huge amount of confidence currently. The 2nd line is also starting to pick up so that's fantastic! 

2.What has been your most memorable performance of the season thus far?

Every game is memorable for me. Its just amazing that this is what i get to do for a living. Its just so amazing.

3.What team have you most enjoyed playing against? Why?

Probably Vancouver because Instant Rockstar's player is on that team and i am his AGM. So its fun to talk smack with him. 

4.What team have you least enjoyed playing against? Why?

No team in particular. It's a tough league so at times every team is not fun to play.

5.As we are close to the mid-way point of the season, have you performed up to your own expectations?

I'm doing alright. Massive difference compared to last season. Just below PPG. Would love to end the season with PPG.

6.What is one area of the game you think the team can improve on, heading into the second half?

My strength. Im pretty weak. So i would love to hit the gym more often and start gaining some muscle.

18 hours ago, Quik said:

1. The Titans have taken over 1st overall in the league standings, how much confidence do you have when you step out onto the ice right now?

1. What has been your most memorable performance of the season thus far?
  2. What team have you most enjoyed playing against? Why?
  3. What team have you least enjoyed playing against? Why?
  4. As we are close to the mid-way point of the season, have you performed up to your own expectations?
  5. What is one area of the game you think the team can improve on, heading into the second half?

1. Tons of confidence. It feels like we are a step ahead of where we were last year. Its awesome 

2. Every game is memorable. I'm playing in the best league in the world 

3. I love playing against New York. They are my old team and it's easy to get up for those games.

4. Davos. They are a tough team to play

5. I'm always working to improve. I think I can be better, but it's been a solid start

6. Hopefully more consistency from our 1st and 2nd lines 

On 9/30/2019 at 7:22 AM, Quik said:

Week Ending October 6th

2. What has been your most memorable performance of the season thus far?
  3. What team have you most enjoyed playing against? Why?
  4. What team have you least enjoyed playing against? Why?
  5. As we are close to the mid-way point of the season, have you performed up to your own expectations?
  6. What is one area of the game you think the team can improve on, heading into the second half?

1. With our experience and our general knowledge of the opponents, I am confident that is where we will stay and where we belong.

2. Our fight to stay a top the VHL standings. Being first on the power rankings at some point in the last 5 seasons straight has been amazing.

3. Probably Riga because they are a rival out here on the motherland continent.

4. Moscow because they suck and its not exciting for us to play them.

5. Not really. I've taken a step backwards in my play and that has resulted in some very poor numbers. Going to pick myself up here for the second half of the season.

6. Our defensive side of the game is lacking right now and it starts with me. I think we have to try and pour as much effort into that part of our game.

12 Questions! Answer 6 this week and 6 next week!

1) Who do you project as the next break-out talent out of the Titans?

2) Former Titan cup champion Matt Thompson announced his retirement this week; what message do you wish to leave him with?

3) Kronos Bailey and Julian Borwinn are tied at 68 points to lead the Titans. Who do you project will lead the team when game 72 is all said and done?

4) Does Alexander Pepper achieve his second Shaw trophy as top goalie?

5) To the surprise of many Calgary sold off their top two offensive threats last week (Diljodh and Ylonen). Hoe does this effect the power rankings in the east?

6) Who is our biggest threat if the playoffs started today?

7) What is your favourite restaurant in Helsinki before or after a game?

8 ) Helsinki is unlikely to test the trade market, are you satisfied with this roster for the remainder of the season/playoffs?

9) Out backup goalie has played 4 games thus far; when he is in the net do you play with a more defensive mindset?

10) Looking at DC and Prague, who do you feel will climb higher in the standings next season?

11) Which award do you want your player to achieve before you hang up the skates?

12) The Titans only have one pending UFA this off-season (Orion Slade), what would you say to Orion to convince him to keep the full squad together?

@BarzalGoat @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Jesse Nyman @NavyCanuck @MMFLEX @oilmandan @Antone10

Edited by Jubo07

Who do you project as the next break-out talent out of the Titans? Jordan Tonn. Kid is gonna be huge. 

2) Former Titan cup champion Matt Thompson announced his retirement this week; what message do you wish to leave him with? All the best in retirement. I modeled my own player after you and it was a great decision. 

3) Kronos Bailey and Julian Borwinn are tied at 68 points to lead the Titans. Who do you project will lead the team when game 72 is all said and done? I think Borwinn will pull away in the end, but itll be close.

4) Does Alexander Pepper achieve his second Shaw trophy as top goalie? I think so. He's starting to lock it down.

5) To the surprise of many Calgary sold off their top two offensive threats last week (Diljodh and Ylonen). Hoe does this effect the power rankings in the east? It has to. Those are pretty big pieces to lose.

6) Who is our biggest threat if the playoffs startedtoday? Ourselves. If we keep our heads in the game we will be just fine 

1) Who do you project as the next break-out talent out of the Titans?

Me. Move over Pepper. It's Virgil's time to shine.

2) Former Titan cup champion Matt Thompson announced his retirement this week; what message do you wish to leave him with?

Do you, fam. Live life to the fullest and enjoy your retirement. The game will miss you.

3) Kronos Bailey and Julian Borwinn are tied at 68 points to lead the Titans. Who do you project will lead the team when game 72 is all said and done?

Can't we just say it'll be a tie? They've both been clutch for us.

4) Does Alexander Pepper achieve his second Shaw trophy as top goalie?

Yep. He seems to be getting better as we get deeper into the season.

5) To the surprise of many Calgary sold off their top two offensive threats last week (Diljodh and Ylonen). Hoe does this effect the power rankings in the east?

I think it drops them on the power ranking, but I think they're looking to the future and we'll see them up again soon.

6) Who is our biggest threat if the playoffs started today?

Probably Malmo. They have the 2nd best record, and they just beat us. Always a tough game with them.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jubo07 said:

7) What is your favourite restaurant in Helsinki before or after a game?

8 ) Helsinki is unlikely to test the trade market, are you satisfied with this roster for the remainder of the season/playoffs?

9) Out backup goalie has played 4 games thus far; when he is in the net do you play with a more defensive mindset?

10) Looking at DC and Prague, who do you feel will climb higher in the standings next season?

11) Which award do you want your player to achieve before you hang up the skates?

12) The Titans only have one pending UFA this off-season (Orion Slade), what would you say to Orion to convince him to keep the full squad together?

7 Taco Bell, Love the food from back home

8 Why not? We're in first place. Why would you mess with that?

9 You pretty much have to. He's no Pepper. Guy just stinks

10 DC I think the North American side is weaker so they will have an easier time

11 Another 2 way forward award

12 This is your best chance at winning. Why wouldn't you stay?