Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 3/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S70 Presser 7:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Who wins the Continental Cup; Moscow or Calgary?

Yes, one of them will win.

2. How have you been spending your off-season so far?

The city is shut down so I've just been chillin.

3. What is your preferred mode of gaming (Console or PC) and what game have you been playing most recently?

Console. Been playing Stardew Valley.

4. If you could be the creative director for the next NHL video game, what would be the first thing you add or remove?

Playing with 2 pucks.

5. What activity do you most enjoy during the summer?

Fishing with grandpa.

6. What is your favorite sports memory of all time?

Getting my first shutout in the league.

@McLovin @Wheaties @xDParK @Jbeezy76 @Jubo07 @Erik Summers @okochastar @MMFLEX @Harpskii @Garrett

@Caboose30 @quanack @Spaz @Gscx420 @Julian Dalvao @Cusemode @ng1291 @Tape-to-Tape

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

1. What have you been working on to improve this off-season?

2. Did you attend the VHL draft? Are you pleased with the Titans haul?

3. We recently acquired Cody Smith via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup?

4. We recently acquired Tony Balonee via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup?

5. We have 4 call-ups from prior drafts (Daldo, Spaz, Tarantino, Andersen). Who do you think makes the biggest impact out of the gate.

6. We drafted Jim Bob at #6 this weekend. Does he follow in Summers footsteps for rookie of the year? How many points do you think he earns?

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @Garrett @okochastar

@Erik Summers @cody73 @Tbeez99 @Cusemode @MMFLEX @Gscx420 @quanack

@Caboose30 @ng1291 @Bob Helminen @DrHexDex @Julian Dalvao

I have been working steadily on my overall game, instead of focusing on just one or two skills - I focused on basically everything else but checking, hopefully at least the work on puckhandling and being better in the defensive end will show right away when the seasons starts.

I did and I am, Titans did well, talented players and big part of the future!

3. We recently acquired Cody Smith via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup?

Puck moving ability is the biggest one I´d say, in the modern game you need to have defenders who can play with the puck and Smith does exactly that, so I think he will be big help when starting plays from our own end and big help on the powerplay of course.

4. We recently acquired Tony Balonee via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup?

He is bit more physical than Smith is, but Bolonee can also move the puck, so I think Bolonee will bring hits and solid offense into the roster, can put him on the ice on any situation really.

5. We have 4 call-ups from prior drafts (Daldo, Spaz, Tarantino, Andersen). Who do you think makes the biggest impact out of the gate.

I´ll take a guess and say Andersen, purely because he is a defender who has cannon of a shot, more than likely will get a lot of ice time with powerplay included, so ideal situation for him to play well. I´m sure the other players will do well also, but bit more competition for the offensive roles.

6. We drafted Jim Bob at #6 this weekend. Does he follow in Summers footsteps for rookie of the year? How many points do you think he earns?

Lets hope so ;) Tough to say how many points, but hitting 30 points would be pretty nice year.

42 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Defense and positioning. That was my bread and butter in the minors and I got away from it a bit this season.

I did not, but certainly. We got some good talent for the limited number of picks we had available.

I'm excited. We are going to be a strong team defensively, and I think we are actually capable of producing some powerful offence from our blue-line.

I actually got to play against Tony in the minors some. He's a tough player and will bring a physical presence.

I was disappointed when we couldn't make room on the roster for Daldo last season. I'm excited to see what he will do. 

I think he is going to be in the running for it. We lost a lot of weapons this off-season, so he is going to have lots of room to make his mark.

1. What have you been working on to improve this off-season? I have been training hard on becoming faster and focusing on scoring and defensive aspects of the game. 

2. Did you attend the VHL draft? Are you pleased with the Titans haul? Yeah Jubo did a great job in the draft. 

3. We recently acquired Cody Smith via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? He’s definitely great defensively and on the PP. 

4. We recently acquired Tony Balonee via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? Tony brings solid defense and was top 5 in shot blocks and is good on the PP. 

5. We have 4 call-ups from prior drafts (Daldo, Spaz, Tarantino, Andersen). Who do you think makes the biggest impact out of the gate. My assumptions will be that Daldo & Tarantino have big impacts. 

6. We drafted Jim Bob at #6 this weekend. Does he follow in Summers footsteps for rookie of the year? How many points do you think he earns? Yes he will. I think he gets 65 points 

1. What have you been working on to improve this off-season? I have been working on my offense and also just moving the puck out quickly.

2. Did you attend the VHL draft? Are you pleased with the Titans haul? I did not but heard the picks were good.

3. We recently acquired Cody Smith via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? He is a very experienced defensemen and can move the puck really well. He's super solid defensively.

4. We recently acquired Tony Balonee via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? I can move the puck quickly and go on the attack with the rush of forwards. But I am very defensive minded and block shots very frequently.

5. We have 4 call-ups from prior drafts (Daldo, Spaz, Tarantino, Andersen). Who do you think makes the biggest impact out of the gate. Daldo will make the biggest impact possibly.

6. We drafted Jim Bob at #6 this weekend. Does he follow in Summers footsteps for rookie of the year? How many points do you think he earns? I would say he has a good chance to do that. I say he scores 78 points . 

1. What have you been working on to improve this off-season? Just recovering from deprecation and keeping my game strong

2. Did you attend the VHL draft? Are you pleased with the Titans haul? I was very pleased with the haul the Titans got, it's definitely ensuring we have a strong future and likely a fast rebuild.

3. We recently acquired Cody Smith via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? Smith is a very capable two-way defenseman, he'll add a lot of defensive skill and a strong veteran presence to the lineup.

4. We recently acquired Tony Balonee via trade. What do you see him bringing to the lineup? Despite playing on Davos, he's shown incredible skill and dedication to the game, and a potential to be a strong top 4 dman for us.

5. We have 4 call-ups from prior drafts (Daldo, Spaz, Tarantino, Andersen). Who do you think makes the biggest impact out of the gate. I may be biased, but I'm excited to see Gary Tarantino in the big leagues. Just came off a WJC Gold Medal win with Team USA & a crazy strong year in the VHLM. I am excited to see what he can put together this year.

6. We drafted Jim Bob at #6 this weekend. Does he follow in Summers footsteps for rookie of the year? How many points do you think he earns? 92 points in his first full year in the VHLM is definitely a strong case for a good player of the future, I'd say he stands a good chance at Rookie of the Year.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:38 AM, Jubo07 said:

My skating, puck handling, and defense I would like to think for now I have them where I want them at atm.

Unfortunately I did not but I saw who we picked up and I'm excited to see what they can bring to the team.

I believe he can shut down defensively while at the same time being an offensive threat.

I see him bringing that aggressive game that we will need.

I would like to think we all can make an impact out of the gate, only time will tell.

I can see it happening, built around this offense and I'm going to take a a wild guess and a high shot of 40 points. 

1- generally my all around game. Rebound control and hand speed have been my focus.

2- jubo always seems to draft well and he got a great player in both Jim Bob and Helminen.

3- he should be great for you guys as Andersen develops and can take over his role eventually.

4- good young player added to the rebuild. I think he proves to be a nice add.

5- Spaz

6- yes he should be able to get 45 points or more

1. I've been working my skating and positioning on defense.

2. I did not attend but I'm happy with who we selected.

3. I think having Cody will improve our D corps even more.

4. Tony's physicality will be much appreciated on our team I think.

5. I hope I make a big impact, but having all 4 of us do so would be great as well.

6. I think he will certainly be in the running.

Been doing a lot of reaction time training and hand speed.

I attended from my couch. I think we got some things cooking for the future.

Grit and depth.

Depth and grit.

Out of the gate? Maybe Spaz.

He definitely could win RoY. He earns..... 50 points? I have no fucking clue.

Edited by MMFLEX

Been a while since I've answered questions...

Well, I've actually shown up to workouts for the first time in 3 seasons. I even worked on some stuff to prevent the decay of old age! We'll see what happens this season.

I did not, but it looks like we got a straight up stud in Jim Bob. Seems like someone the Titans can build around for the foreseeable future, and a leader of the next generation!

I think Cody will bring a stabilizing veteran presence on the blue-line behind Fonty and Summers. The D-core is looking real solid with the additions of him and Balonee...

Balonee seems like a solid 2nd Pairing puck mover, and I think he'll do well in that role with either Smith or Summers, or even with Fonty. The Titans' D depth is looking real good this season!

It's definitely easier to make an early impact as a forward, and of the three I'll say Spaz looks the most ready, at the moment, to make an impact this season. It's a young forward core, so any one of them could end up having the biggest impact, but I'll go with Spaz for the moment.

As bright a future as JB has, I think his rookie season might prove to be an adjustment period, especially as a more all-around type player. I think he'll probably fall between 45-55 points, depending on his ice-time and usage.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 2:hel: <--

1. The Pre-Season roster was revealed on Saturday, what do you think of the look of the roster going into S71?

2. Erik Summers & Guillaume Fonetenette were named Assistant Captains, while Ben Hafkey was named Captain of the Titans. What are your thoughts on these players?

3. If there was something you could've changed about how the off-season was managed, what would you have done differently?

4. What is something you're optimistic about for S71?

5. What is a personal goal you hope to achieve during this season?

6. Who is your favorite personality in the LR?

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @Garrett @okochastar

@Erik Summers @cody73 @Tbeez99 @Cusemode @MMFLEX @Gscx420 @quanack

@Caboose30 @ng1291 @Bob Helminen @DrHexDex @Julian Dalvao

Just now, McLovin said:

1. The Pre-Season roster was revealed on Saturday, what do you think of the look of the roster going into S71?

I feel sorry for these Titans with me in the net.

2. Erik Summers & Guillaume Fonetenette were named Assistant Captains, while Ben Hafkey was named Captain of the Titans. What are your thoughts on these players?

All good choices to me. 

3. If there was something you could've changed about how the off-season was managed, what would you have done differently?

I think the off-season went just about as well as it could have.

Seeing what I can actually do in a full season.

Get 4 attributes above 90

Dan

1. The Pre-Season roster was revealed on Saturday, what do you think of the look of the roster going into S71? I am confident we will be better than others are expecting outside of the team. (We have been voted as the European team to not make the playoffs )

2. Erik Summers & Guillaume Fonetenette were named Assistant Captains, while Ben Hafkey was named Captain of the Titans. What are your thoughts on these players? All these guys deserve it absolutely great players. 

3. If there was something you could've changed about how the off-season was managed, what would you have done differently? I think Jubo did a fine job he’s always exceeding expectations. 

4. What is something you're optimistic about for S71? I’m optimistic about playing with Hafkey and newcomer Tony Bolonee.  

5. What is a personal goal you hope to achieve during this season?  I just want to exceed my points from last year and finally score 30 goals. 

6. Who is your favorite personality in the LR? Jubo is awesome!But I get along with everyone in the LR. 

1. The Pre-Season roster was revealed on Saturday, what do you think of the look of the roster going into S71? I think the team looks solid.

2. Erik Summers & Guillaume Fonetenette were named Assistant Captains, while Ben Hafkey was named Captain of the Titans. What are your thoughts on these players? They all definitely deserve the titles.

3. If there was something you could've changed about how the off-season was managed, what would you have done differently? It seems like the off-season went very well.

4. What is something you're optimistic about for S71? I'm looking forward to play with Draven again and help the team win games.

5. What is a personal goal you hope to achieve during this season? I want to focus on playing great defense and keep my +/- in check but also score goals and get assists. 

6. Who is your favorite personality in the LR? I'm a big fan of Draven, hes quite the character.

Roster is looking pretty great, nice mix of everything in there, even got multiple players who can hit, so I´m expecting good things this season. Might not be as flashy as some other teams, but we will get it done as a team by grinding it out and keeping it simple!

Great players and great choices for the captain roles. I believe they have all played in Helsinki for some time already, so nice to see ´veteran Titans´ getting the letters.

I think the off-season went by quite smoothly, or at least for me as a average user in the league it was all good, did not notice anything negative during the off-season.

I´m optimistic about the whole S71, I think Helsinki as a team will surprise more than few members in this league.

30 points would be nice and 200 hits on top of that, tough to say how realistic those are, but gotta have goals! At least the 200 hits should be fairly realistic, going to keep hitting from start to the end.

Everybody has been cool and nice, so I don´t have any favorites. Maybe those who finish my passes with goals end up being my favorites ;)

Edited by jRuutu

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I think we're a lot better than we are given credit for, it's a young talented squad that will hopefully bring the cup to helenski. 

Well I voted for two of the three can't lie, but I think either way it was a great choice. 

Earned more tpe, hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

We're going to make the playoffs to prove the haters wrong. 

Get at least 20 points this season and to just play good.

I think everyone has a great personality.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, McLovin said:

I think we are very strong defensively, and not just from our defensemen. It is going to be hard to beat us when you can't score.

I don't know about that Summers guy, but the other two are what make the team tick.

Nothing at all. Our management had a lot of choices to make, and I think they did an excellent job. Now it is time for us to get out there and do our job on the ice.

I think we are the most underrated team in the league right now. I'm excited to prove everyone wrong.

We have some big shoes to fill. I want to improve on last season and I see it as my responsibility to get us back to the playoffs this season.

Ben Hafkey, he is always fun to be around.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:12 PM, McLovin said:

1. Looks solid from top to bottom, given the team lost a bit of fire power in the offseason. Hopefully I can make up for that. 

2. Haven't really gotten to know my teammates here yet.... is they think these are good captains, I'll trust their judgement. 

3. I feel like a better notice of how much a player will get regressed and how each atrribute will get affected would be helpful for those hitting it for the 1st time, like myself. 

4. Showing Calgary that I still have a lot left to give a team. 

5. Hitting 50 points. 

6. Nobody as of yet. 

I’m going to pretend being on this team still. Miss wearing a titans sweater.

1- as usual you guys will be great and it will be a fun season

2- no surprises, helsinki has a really great roster

3- from my personal offseason I wish I could skip past the minors and be back in the show with helsinki

4- optimistic for the draft. Helsinki remains the only team I would want to play for.

5- being drafted again by the titans

6- jubo, but I do miss you all and hope to be back soon

We've got a very deep roster. It's definitely a bit of a transition year for us, especially with guys like JuBo, Crosby and Pepper retiring after last season, so the younger guys will need to develop quickly to make up for the loss of those guys, but it's a great group and I think we'll have a strong showing!

Fonty has been a great member of the group for a while now, so couldn't be happier for him to wear a letter this season! I don't know Hafkey or Summers too well, but both have done great in their short time here, and seem to exemplify what it means to be a Titan with their hard work, so congrats to them as well!

There's not really anything I would change about how the off-season was approached. The goal here has always been to maintain a sustainable competitive window, that spans generations, and that's something @Jubo07 has continued!

I'm looking forward to helping all the younger guys on the team grow, and hopefully helping to get the team back to the Finals in my final season.

I'd like to try and get back over the point-per-game barrier. I'm getting up their in age, but it'd be nice to finish my career strong after falling off a cliff, production wise, last season.

Can't say I have a single favourite. Everyone in the room is great, and has each others' backs.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

1) 6-4-0 record after week 1, are you pleased with the teams start?
2) Are you happy with your players performance so far this season?
3) Erik Summers fresh off a rookie start is leading all Titans in points. Why do you believe he has been so effective thus far?
4) Which club do you most look forward to facing?
5) Which TV series did you last binge?
6) Have you picked up any new hobbies during this period of isolation?

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @Garrett @okochastar @Grape @Quik

1) 6-4-0 record after week 1, are you pleased with the teams start?

Yes we have played well in 10 games so far.

I can always do better and play better defensively.
3) Erik Summers fresh off a rookie start is leading all Titans in points. Why do you believe he has been so effective thus far?

He is just a good solid player.

I would say Malmo and Riga.
5) Which TV series did you last binge? 

I binged  the Netflix Ozark series.

Not really just staying and playing video games and listening to music. 

1) 6-4-0 record after week 1, are you pleased with the teams start? 

We are definitely headed in the right direction. 

I am playing better but can always score more points.

He is a very smart player and takes advantage of the opponents mistakes.

I look forward to beating the best teams like Vancouver,Moscow, and Prague. 
5) Which TV series did you last binge? 

I have been watching Fargo and a couple other shows when I can. 

No I’m just getting things done around the house and making new music when I can.