Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 5/21/2019 at 9:20 PM, Sonnet said:

1) Our defense has been unstoppable, but our offense has been hit or miss. What do you think is the key to success on the offensive side of the puck?

2) All-star votes will no doubt start showing up in a few weeks. Who's your early Helsinki favorite for the nod?

3) What does your ideal Helsinki alternate jersey look like?

4) We've been able to maintain our spot at the top of the standings. How do you like our chances for the Victory Cup, for the best overall record in the league?

5) What is your player usually doing during their day off?

6) Who have been some of your favorite line mates so far this year?

*Wouldnt let me post this last week for some reason when I clicked submit reply

1. We need to be able to capitalize on cross ice passes. Too many chances where we are fanning on the puck.

2. I think I might have a chance at making it this year. Pepper should get the nod as well.

3. I like the thought of a black jersey with our teal accent to help us look very classic but also very sharp and modern

4. I think our chances are great. We've been to the finals for the past two seasons and our team is stacked for another season right now.

5. Usually I am out bike riding or adventuring in Helsinki. I like to take in the sights and art of the city

6. Sidney Crosby has been fun to play with and I always love playing alongside Pepper

1) Six games, six wins in a row. How are the Titans keeping things so hot in Finland?

I think we have just been playing well as a team. we finally found lines that worked well together.

2) The Finnish national team recently brought home an IIHF Gold Medal, is that a motivator for the VHL Titans?

Always good to see any finnish team turning up, especially at the international level

3) What's been your strangest interaction with a fan?

The things some of these girls will do for a hockey player are.....amazing

4) Up until now, what's been your favorite moment as a player in the VHL/VHLM?

Probably being the 4th overall pick after going undrafted in the vhlm draft.

5) If you could give the Titans a goal song, what would it be?

Monty Python- Finland

6) If the VHL were to hold a special outdoor game, who would you give it to and where?

I mean no being biased or anything but an outdoor game in finland is just meant to be

1) Six games, six wins in a row. How are the Titans keeping things so hot in Finland?
Strongest forward core in the league, increasingly improving defenders and the highest rated goalie the league has to offer.

2) The Finnish national team recently brought home an IIHF Gold Medal, is that a motivator for the VHL Titans?
For our fans the buzz around the sport has certainly dialed to 11. Our arena is a madhouse.

A fan asked me to sign a mouth-guard. I didn't really know how to react so I acted like I didn't hear them.

Achieving top rookie in the VHL. Hopefully soon to be topped this season as the overall points leader. A guy can dream!

Sorry - Justin Bieber ?

6) If the VHL were to hold a special outdoor game, who would you give it to and where?
Helsinki vs Calgary

Finish Cocaine. Ever seen a coke addict not sweating?

No

Some dude named @Ahma came up to me to ask me to help him look for his lizard

Winning two founders cups

Woop there it is

Vegas because it's fucking Vegas

5 hours ago, Sonnet said:

1) Be honest- Pepper or HSK G?

2) The end of the season is nigh, and playoffs are just around the corner. Are you more focused on the current games, or the ones to come in the postseason?

3) Right now, Borwinn leads the league in points (70) and Thompson leads the league in goals (35). What makes these guys so good at what they do?

4) Lately, the team has suffered some pretty close games/losses to teams they should be beating. Are you worried?

5) Which is more important - offense or defense - and why?

6) Who've you got- Bruins or Blues?

1. HSK G has been coming on strong but I will always back my buddy Pepper.

2.Im focused on finishing the season strong and competitive so that we don't go into the playoffs with ease and just thinking we can roll people.

3. They complement each other very well but even when they are on their own selves, they seem to be able to light the lamp.

4. Not worried if we stick to our script and focus on the things that got us to where we are now.

5. Defense, because I am biased. If you can't shut down the other team, you don't stand a chance.

6. Blues because the Bruins can suck a monkey's left testicle.

7 hours ago, Sonnet said:

Week Ending 6/9 (nice)

:hel: :hel: :hel: :hel: :hel:

2) The end of the season is nigh, and playoffs are just around the corner. Are you more focused on the current games, or the ones to come in the postseason?

3) Right now, Borwinn leads the league in points (70) and Thompson leads the league in goals (35). What makes these guys so good at what they do?

4) Lately, the team has suffered some pretty close games/losses to teams they should be beating. Are you worried?

I have no idea what HSK G stands for, so Pepper? I like to cook for myself.

Are they now? I didn't realize. I'm definitely taking everything one game at a time.

I suppose it's the TPE. I've only heard good things about the way they work the puck around and get open from middle ice. No reason this couldn't continue.

I'm not worried. You can't win all 82 games, whatever you do. Keeping it close is as positive as a loss as you can twist it.

Perfect defense leads to good offense, I suppose. So defense comes first.

I don't got anyone, thank you very much. Next question.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 6/9 (nice)

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov

1. Pepper

2. Focused on the cup. Period. End of story.

3. Um. they produce?

4. A god never worries. We let the little mortals believe they have chance then you smite them

5. Offense. You score a ton of goals, the other team needs to match that just to tie. If you are more defense then you have to worry about scoring that 1-2 goals that it will take to win games.

6. Blues

On 6/3/2019 at 9:46 AM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 6/9 (nice)

@BarzalGoat @Quik @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Sohva @Galdoblame @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov

1. Don’t shoot the messenger but hsk g ?

2. It’s all about the post season for me

3. They are like peanut butter and jelly what can I say. If it isn’t jubo scoring then it’s Thompson and vice versa

4. No I am not worried. We have to get all of our losses out before the playoffs

5. A good offense is a good defense or something like that

6. Fuck Boston and their circle jerk parades

1) The Titans clinched the Victory Cup with a good number of games to spare. What does that say about this year's roster?

It's a great group, with a bunch of great guys who put greatness above all else. Greatly unselfish, working for each other on and off the ice. Just a great team, all around!

2) How many Titans will end up leading in their respective categories by the end of the season (goals, assists, points)?

As a General Manager, I'd love to see Titans atop every leaderboard. Goals. Assists. Points. D-man points. Wins. Sweep the stage!

3) Do you treat these last few games any differently than the ones that mattered? 

They all matter! As cliche as that sounds, we're going for some team pride here. We've had the lowest GA for most of the season, and recently took over the highest GF. We're also gunning to close out the season strong. So, while our place is set at the top of the table, we've still got some work to do before taking a bit of a break during the Conference Semi-Finals.

4) What's the #1 thing Helsinki needs to fix in practice, going into playoffs?

Keeping the tempo up. It's not so much a fix, as a reminder. It's easy to get lackadaisical when you clinch top spot with a dozen games remaining, but as we saw in the NHL, with Tampa, it's easy to rest on your laurels and expect the wins to come. In practice, and our remaining games, the focus is to, well, stay focused on the task at hand, and not take any games lightly,

5) Which would look the best for a crowd of Finland fans- whiteout, blackout, or all-blue? 

Definitely Blue. All the best things are blue. Gatorade. Commissioners. The Sky. Balls - ok, maybe not that last one, but that can be for the opponents.

6) Home ice is usually an advantage come playoff time. Does it help to play in front of a crowd that's cheering you on? 

Eh, fans don't matter. This is for us, not them! They're not even real people, they're just 0s and 1s who may, or may not, even cheer!

1 hour ago, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 6/16

1) The Titans clinched the Victory Cup with a good number of games to spare. What does that say about this year's roster?

2) How many Titans will end up leading in their respective categories by the end of the season (goals, assists, points)?

3) Do you treat these last few games any differently than the ones that mattered?

5) Which would look the best for a crowd of Finland fans- whiteout, blackout, or all-blue?

6) Home ice is usually an advantage come playoff time. Does it help to play in front of a crowd that's cheering you on?

It says that exactly. Strength in depth and quality offensive engines to lead the team to the best record.

Jubo and Thompson are looking to secure the goals category between the two of them. Points I could easily see going to Borwinn as well.

I'm happy to see the team doing well and I'm interested to see if there's any shuffling around or new lineups out there.

I've been busy with my VHLM team, but team cohesion and discipline is what you need in the playoffs. Look out for your own guys and play for everyone on the team.

All-blue is the traditional one and it looks awesome. No doubt.

You always gotta be ready to play both home and away, but I suppose it matters more to the fans. Excited to see what's coming next.

We are who everyone is chasing. I dont see this group losing 4 out of 7 to anyone. this roster is stacked

Probably all of them. We all were close to leading in the respective stats

now its all about getting in the right mindset for the playoffs. we cant get complacent just because we clinched the playoffs

I dont think we need to fix anything

I am a huge fan of the whiteout. the Jets pull that shit off hard

Hell yeah. when the crowd erupts after a goal it lights a fire under your ass to get the next goal

Um... We're amazing?

All of them

Lol no, I think we take it easy. Play with our opponent like a dog with a chew toy 

How much blow we do. Needs to be doubled.

White. We could could call it Montana Mountain. 

Fuck yeah. Why wouldn't it?

On 6/14/2019 at 7:02 AM, Sonnet said:

1. We are very deep and we will be rested fro the playoffs is what that says.

2. Maybe 3? I don't think that's our goal though, we want the cup.

3. Nope, we need to win them to stay hot and go in on a good note.

4. Special teams. It's the most important thing in the postseason.

5. All blue! It's the countries main colour afterall

6. It sure does. The energy is great and not as hostile for the home squad

1) We've had a little time off while the first round of the playoffs was taking place. How did you spend it?

Planning how we werent going to fuck up a third final in a row

2) Davos comes out of the first round off of a sweep of Riga- how do you think we'll stack up to that?

No team has 4 wins on us. Period

3) The VHL has seen a spooky trend of "favored" teams losing out when it matters most. What are we going to do to make sure this year's result is different?

I think it was a fluke for riga two years ago and last year it wasnt nearly as bad. We wont fall to that suspicion

4) Which of the boys are taking home the playoff MVP this year?

Probably jubo or matty. i would like to think i have a chance but the numbers they are putting up are silly

5) Borwinn has been on a tear all season, do you think he'll continue it into our playoff games?

two words. FUCK YES. Jubo is an animal who has been unleashed

6) If we beat Davos and move on, who would you like to see in the finals? Vancouver or Calgary?

Probably Vancouver although it doesnt matter. as i said before, no one has 4 games on us

On 6/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, Sonnet said:

e6FdfNE.png

Week Ending 6/23

1) We've had a little time off while the first round of the playoffs was taking place. How did you spend it?

2) Davos comes out of the first round off of a sweep of Riga- how do you think we'll stack up to that?

3) The VHL has seen a spooky trend of "favored" teams losing out when it matters most. What are we going to do to make sure this year's result is different?

5) Borwinn has been on a tear all season, do you think he'll continue it into our playoff games?

6) If we beat Davos and move on, who would you like to see in the finals? Vancouver or Calgary?

1. Partying

2. Pretty easy, they have no chance

3. Play Orion all you can. He is the teams horse shoe

4. Don't really know. I'm pretty ignorant 

5. Sure why not?

6. Calgary. I want to destroy them 

On 6/21/2019 at 8:20 AM, Sonnet said:

1. I spent it exercising and recovering. I was on the coach just trying to get my legs under me again

2. We will kill them as per usual.

3. We are going to play the underdog role and make sure we are not the favourites.

4. Borwinn probably

5. Yes he is a superstar and superstars have a habit of exploiting other teams weak matchups

6. Vancouver because they are boring and I think we can beat them

On 6/25/2019 at 7:11 AM, Sonnet said:

1) Three years, three finals. You think there's any truth to the saying "Third time's a charm?"

2) We downed Davos 4-1, and now only the Wolves stand in our way. What's the key to beating this team?

3) The time for love and kindness is over- let the Wolves hear it with your best bit of trash talk.

4) This is the first finals since the re-introduction of conferences in the VHL. How does it feel to be representing all of EU for the first time in quite a while?

5) It's been a long season, and this roster has stayed consistent over just about every game. How confident are you in your teammates for this last Bo7?

6) The mic is yours. Before the finals begin, before season 66 comes to a close, what do you have to say to anyone out there willing to listen?

To give you my honest opinion, "Third time's a charm" sounds like something perennial losers would say. Not my cup of tea.

I guess it's keeping up what's to keep up. Wolves should be worse off handling that conference compared to Davos.

"Best bit." How about the "worst bit." Salt ain't good for your fur, son.

Proud to be here and would be glad to win it all.

It's already turned to a small best of three, but I'm confident. There's quality all across the board in Helsinki.

I'm late for the party. That's my piece for now. Hope to meet the crew in good spirits for off-season training camp.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:11 AM, Sonnet said:

z9u4YP3.png&key=872ac6bb890fd617958542d0

Week Ending 6/30

1) Three years, three finals. You think there's any truth to the saying "Third time's a charm?"

2) We downed Davos 4-1, and now only the Wolves stand in our way. What's the key to beating this team?

3) The time for love and kindness is over- let the Wolves hear it with your best bit of trash talk.

4) This is the first finals since the re-introduction of conferences in the VHL. How does it feel to be representing all of EU for the first time in quite a while?

5) It's been a long season, and this roster has stayed consistent over just about every game. How confident are you in your teammates for this last Bo7?

6) The mic is yours. Before the finals begin, before season 66 comes to a close, what do you have to say to anyone out there willing to listen?

1. Yeah cause I said it. We'll get one next season also

2. Caring enough to stay awake 

3. The finals were over before they began. Literally. And now they literally are over.

4. Couldn't give a fuck less tbh

5. Bo7? Wtf

6. Orion Slade will win the most cups for a player in league history. Prepare for the trash talk. It will be epic.

Thrid time was for sure the charm but it shouldn't have taken three tries tbh

All we had to do was show up to the rink. There is no team that had 4 wins in them against us

This is no david vs goliath bullshit. this is real life and david is fixing to get squished

I think it was a great honor and i look forward to topping the table again next year

We found a great combo of lines early in the season and we have stuck with it because it has been working

To all the helsinki haters, suck it. thats all i have to say to them

Absolutely. The third time was indeed the charm.

Depth and stronger goal-tending got the job done in the end. Our top performers were also just that.

There really wasn't much worry in our locker-room heading into the final round. We dominated all season and really weren't afraid of who our opponent would be.

That being said, there was a lot of healthy trash talk post game.

The fans here are seriously under-rated. These guys and gals come out night after night and cheer to their hearts content. It was an honour representing the EU and getting the job done in the end.

Honestly this roster could not have been beaten in a Bo7 no matter the opponent. Chemistries were running hot, d-pairings were on point, depth went above and beyond and Pepper was as solid as ever.

It was a dream come true to win the Continental Cup. This is what we work for our entire career aside from maybe making the HoF someday.

S67 is looking to be another strong year for us and I am looking forward to getting back on the ice.

• 2 weeks later...

1) The Helsinki Titans are Continental Cup CHAMPIONS. What are your thoughts?

I think the team performed quite well. I'm hoping that we can do it again next year! 

2) The band is staying together for this upcoming season, are you happy or dissatisfied with the lack of changes?

I don't really care so my mood is unchanged. 

3b) If you weren't on the cup team, what was your favourite activity this offseason?

I love to go outside and kick a soccer ball around with my friends. I'm still quite good so you never know I might switch professions and go play in LaLiga Santander with all the pros.

4b) If you ARE one of the rookies, what are you hoping to bring to the ice this season?

I hope that on the ice I can simply help my team get some wins. off the ice, I want to bring more positivity and love towards each other in the locker room.

5) What are your expectations for the Titans in s67?

Honestly, I think we can at least make it to the Finals if not win again. This team as soooooooo much depth that I think it is quite possible.

6) What do you think of the new uniform reveal? Which of the jerseys is your favourite?

I love the new uniforms the all look sick I don't think I can pick a favourite. The only thing I wish happened was that I could have been one of the people showing off those sweat jerseys.

2 hours ago, Sonnet said:

(I'm in the process of making a new s67 banner, don't worry)

Week Ending 6/30

2) The band is staying together for this upcoming season, are you happy or dissatisfied with the lack of changes?

3a) What did you do on your day with the Cup?

3b) If you weren't on the cup team, what was your favorite activity this offseason?

4a) We've got some new kids on the block, this season in Helsinki. Which rookie are you most excited to see make the jump into the big leagues?

4b) If you ARE one of the rookies, what are you hoping to bring to the ice this season?

6) What do you think of the new uniform reveal? Which of the jerseys is your favorite?

@BarzalGoat @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @PenKnight @Jayrad28 @Zeno @Jesse Nyman @NavyCanuck

1) I wasn't part of the team then, but it is exciting being drafted to the champs! Hoping for a repeat as well...

2) Why change up a winning team? Besides of course adding some rookies.

3b) It was fun getting drafted high in the VHLM, and then drafted again in the VHL in just a few days time.

4b) I'm hoping to bring my scoring touch to the ice this year. Not sure how much I'm going to end up playing this year with Helsinki, but we'll see.

5) Another title!

6) I like the new uniforms, especially the third ones. Having them be based on the Blues hurts me though being a Bruins fan.

My thoughts.... its about damn time

3 straight finals appearances, what was there to change?

4a) We've got some new kids on the block, this season in Helsinki. Which rookie are you most excited to see make the jump into the big leagues?

Im excited to see how to Tonn slots in to our high flying 1st line

To go back to back of course

6) What do you think of the new uniform reveal? Which of the jerseys is your favorite? 

i mean the one with my name on it is very slick

On 7/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Sonnet said:

(I'm in the process of making a new s67 banner, don't worry)

Week Ending 6/30

3b) If you weren't on the cup team, what was your favorite activity this offseason?

@BarzalGoat @Quik  @Jubo07 @SidTheKid87 @monkeywrench15 @Sonnet @Kuch9 @BluObieZ @RunnerBert11 @aleks @MexicanCow123 @okocha5 @Jables @jblock3 @Tophdaddy @TsarPeter @Beketov @PenKnight @Jayrad28 @Zeno @Jesse Nyman @NavyCanuck

1)Like I said we would. Never doubt me. I got that championship fever. I got 3 cups in 3 seasons

2)Why fix a winning formula?

3a)  You don't want to know. Lets just say it involved hookers, coke and a elephant named Tiger. Which I found odd cause he aint no fucking elephant.

4a) I have no idea who are the rooks. So i will go with one of them

5) Cup or bust

6) Dont really care