Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1.)What’s the best Wi-Fi name you’ve seen?

I know I've seen a few but I cant think of them!

2.)What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?

Its not ridiculous, but as a hockey fan I must inform those who still don't know this; if you are on the ice for a powerplay goal against it does NOT count towards your +/- rating.

3.)Do you know the password to any other VHLers’s phone? If so why do you have it and have you done anything interesting with it?

I know my old GM's numbers @BladeMaiden . Saving it for the right time. MUAHAHA!

4.)If you could make a child of any 2 previous VHL players that would join your team, who would you mash together?

Thightrap and anyone. The thigh genes will be overpowered regardless.

5.)What is the most important unwritten rules of being a VHLer?

Don't rush into decisions, weigh all your options. Be patient.

6.) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?

Gordon Bombay hitting the post. Such a letdown.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Some Random fun Questions for my Helsinki friends  :3

3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE

2.)What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?

3.)Do you know the password to any other VHLers’s phone? If so why do you have it and have you done anything interesting with it?

4.)If you could make a child of any 2 pervious VHL players that would join your team, who would you mash together?

Extra 6 questions... have fun ?

In one sentence, how would you sum up the Moscow Menace ? (They are the top team lets roast em)

What is your favourite alternate Jersey to wear?

What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?

What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?

What is the weirdest thing you have seen in another hockey players home?

Who is the most over paid person in the VHL?

1) Best WI-Fi name was MuffDiver.

2) Everyone looks stupid voting for politicians.

3) No I dont.

4) Borwinn and Summers

5) To just have fun.

6) I don't get scared...lol 

FBI-Van-420

2.)What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?

THe structure of the intelligence collection process. Swimming, no one looks smart swimming.

Nope, but I bet someones is 123321

4.)If you could make a child of any 2 pervious VHL players that would join your team, who would you mash together?

*smashes randomizer* Lets see what the randomizer says.

Reading the rules, explains the rules.

Hocus Pocus without a doubt. But the whole movie.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Some Random fun Questions for my Helsinki friends  :3

3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE

Extra 6 questions... have fun ?

In one sentence, how would you sum up the Moscow Menace ? (They are the top team lets roast em)

What is your favourite alternate Jersey to wear?

What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?

What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?

What is the weirdest thing you have seen in another hockey players home?

Who is the most over paid person in the VHL?

1) I seen someone name their wifi "StopUsingMyWiFi" because people were probably tapping into it.

2) Everyone looks stupid during charades when they are doing the activity wrong

3) I do not know any phone passwords and I would not do anything rude with it.

4) I honestly have no idea. Probably the two all time leading goal scorers. That would be crazy.

5) Be nice to everyone

6) Nothing really scarred me as a kid

Extra 6:

1) First round exit
2) Probably the Navy Uniforms we have here in Helsinki
3) "You are proof that god has a sense of humour"

4) Going to public schools? I don't really know anything because I am kinda young.

5) I saw a table made out of broken hockey sticks at Jiggs' place. 

6) Me.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, Jubo07 said:

I'm not sure honestly people usually just name them their names.

I know I've seen a few but I cant think of them!

2.)What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?

Its not ridiculous, but as a hockey fan I must inform those who still don't know this; if you are on the ice for a powerplay goal against it does NOT count towards your +/- rating.

I know you guys don't know where I live, but I can't think of anything. My town use to have a minor league baseball team they were affiliated to the pirates I believe.

I know my old GM's numbers @BladeMaiden . Saving it for the right time. MUAHAHA!

I don't not lol

4.)If you could make a child of any 2 previous VHL players that would join your team, who would you mash together?

Thightrap and anyone. The thigh genes will be overpowered regardless.

Vaakaininen and Borrwinn

Don't rush into decisions, weigh all your options. Be patient.

Do not put all your points into leadership.

Gordon Bombay hitting the post. Such a letdown.

I can't really say if I remember anything scarring me as a kid.

Hey Titians, I heard you guys just took that wild card spot. So of course i have some questions for one of my Favorite European Teams. So first things first, Congrats to Ya'll ❤️  Now lets get to Business, answer six questions for two TPE and three questions for one TPE.

1.) How excited are you to have won your wildcard series?

2.) Show me the best sweeping gif you can find, gotta get ready for next round ; )

3.) What do you think makes a team successful in the regular season vs the playoffs?

4.) Are you washing your Hockey socks or are they now considered lucky socks?

5.) Who do you think is on fire atm? Who has been the MVP this far?

6.) Do you think playoff hockey is more or less exciting than  the regular season?

7.) What do you do for good luck before a game?

8.) Playoff hype song?

9.) Who is the Helsinki Hype Guy? What is the wildest thing they've done to get the guys pumped?

10.) How far do you think the Titans will make it?

11.) How do you feel about being the underdog that is going for victory against all odds?

12.) Any words for your opponents in the next round, instill fear in their hearts.

This team has resilience, we didn't have the strong season we were hoping for but that doesn't matter anymore. Moscow is a tough opponent but we all believe we can take them in round 1.

2.) Show me the best sweeping gif you can find, gotta get ready for next round ;)
lol, honestly though I have a lot of respect for the team DA put together over there. They gave us a good fight.

3.) What do you think makes a team successful in the regular season vs the playoffs?
Fighting for a win not only for yourself but for your teammates and our fan base. In the playoffs that hits an 11 out of 10 on the intensity scale.

Nah, they need washing

Hiroshi Okada is on a mission with 10 points through 5 games.

6.) Do you think playoff hockey is more or less exciting than the regular season?
Far more exciting! That playoffs are what we play for every game of the season. Once you are there is do or die every shift.

15 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Titians, I heard you guys just took that wild card spot. So of course i have some questions for one of my Favorite European Teams. So first things first, Congrats to Ya'll ❤️  Now lets get to Business, answer six questions for two TPE and three questions for one TPE.

2.) Show me the best sweeping gif you can find, gotta get ready for next round ; )

6.) Do you think playoff hockey is more or less exciting than  the regular season?

8.) Playoff hype song?

9.) Who is the Helsinki Hype Guy? What is the wildest thing they've done to get the guys pumped?

11.) How do you feel about being the underdog that is going for victory against all odds?

12.) Any words for your opponents in the next round, instill fear in their hearts.

1) I’m staying level headed cuz it’s a long road to the Cup. 

2) Dance Animation GIF by Nickelodeon

3) Well just winning games in the playoffs matters most. 

4) I still wash them. 

5) Our goalie is playing good enough to get victories so I say him. 

6) Playoffs are the most exciting time of the year. 

16 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

8.) Playoff hype song?

1- We just need to stay calm and play one game at a time.

2- cleaning GIF

3- Just sheer determination and the will to win at any cost.

4- No i like to let my lucky sweat marinate..lol

5- Okada has been really good.

6- Its the very exciting and I look forward to it every time.

1.) How excited are you to have won your wildcard series? It feels good and now even better for getting to the conference final

2.) Show me the best sweeping gif you can find, gotta get ready for next round ; )  https://giphy.com/gifs/clean-NHHYRm7mAUQ6Y

3.) What do you think makes a team successful in the regular season vs the playoffs? The playoffs each player is playing at their next level of adrenaline

4.) Are you washing your Hockey socks or are they now considered lucky socks? Yes after each loss no matter how long in between the L’s. I have not washed them much this playoffs.

5.) Who do you think is on fire atm? Who has been the MVP this far? Okada and VV

6.) Do you think playoff hockey is more or less exciting than  the regular season? It is more exciting for the players and those watching

Pretty excited, good to see driver doing well.

2.) Show me the best sweeping gif you can find, gotta get ready for next round ; )

Happy Dance GIF by ShiGai

Teamwork makes the Dream Work.

Washing them. 

Driver hands down is the best.

More exciting and it grows as you get closer to the championship

On 10/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, BladeMaiden said:

It's great to see honestly.

200.gif

The regular season gives you that momentum for a playoff spot, while the playoffs is about who has the best momentum and who wants it more, and all about who makes the less mistakes, you never want to count a team out.

Wait you guys have socks?

It's tough, either Okada (sorry if I spelled that wrong) or Driver.

Easily more exciting, just the energy, and excitement you feel from it.

Listen to some music.

8.) Playoff hype song?

This is honestly tough idk right now I'd have to think about it.

I think it's a team effort I don't think one guy hypes everyone up.

Let hope all the way.

Aren't we always the underdog? I mean last season everyone slept on us, let them sleep some more is all I have to say.

Good, luck just don't sleep. ?

On 10/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, BladeMaiden said:

8.) Playoff hype song?

1. Feels good to advance and have a shot at the cup.

2. robin williams dancing GIF by STARZ

3. Playoffs are a lot more physical and have more adversity. Teams have to be able to fight through that.

4. Lucky socks

5. Driver has been great in net. He's my MVP so far.

6. Way more exciting. The crowds are electric, the physicality and the intensity are unmatched.

7. I have a pre-game handshake I do with @Seabass

8. Till I Collapse by Eminem

9. Probably me. I can't remember the weirdest thing I have done, but the boys probably remember it.

10. Hoping to go all the way.

11. They are doubting us, but we're gonna show them how to play Helsinki hockey.

12. This isn't the only time we'll be sweeping a team aside.

Edited by PatrikLaine

Hey Titians, I heard you guys just took that wild card spot. So of course i have some questions for one of my Favorite European Teams. So first things first, Congrats to Ya'll ❤️  Now lets get to Business, answer six questions for two TPE and three questions for one TPE.

Im still ecstatic, the wild card series has gone and passed , and now the conference finals ending in a sweep over Malmo proving the league what I and all of my Titan brothers have already known is where here and here to play. The playoffs is what we practice all regular season, this is where the games REALLY matter.

The team chemistry growth throughout the season , staying close and buying into the system and doing everything and anything our GM and team asks from us on a daily basis. The key is without a doubt our off-ice chemistry that leads to this unbelievable on ice success with chemistry, Its not an accident. From seasoned  vets to rookies to even prospects watching on from the M keep the LR active and the positive environment really leads to great success and growth as a team and each player individually which is evident with the recent on ice success

My socks are always getting washed hahaha . The Equipment manager here in Helsinki is like no other and i wouldnt trust anyone more with cleaning my gear and keeping my drip in check.

This is in a impossible question for me to answer first off, the team as a whole have been phenomenal and thats the reason we have achieved the current record we have standing, from our first to third line everyone has been playing there best hockey . However Okada and Driver have put up some incredible numbers along the way throughout the first ten games of the offseason that cant go unrecognized.

This is another no brainer, ive said it before , ill say it again , and ill say it a millions times. The regular season is inevitably just practice for the real show .... which is the playoffs , no one really cares who wins the regular season title , and the end of the day everyone dreams of winning the playoffs and going all the way four round and sixteen wins and achieving the ultimate goal with your brothers that have been there with you from the beginning and the only imaginable surreal feeling to raise the cup after such a long hard fought road .

Before every game it has always been part of my routine before any exceptional game i have ever played starts with a perfect warm up with the boys and if not alone, Starting off with a good lower body stretch and then running 4 laps around the rink, weather depending and also with regards to the arena i will do this inside or outside. Afterwards stickhandling for AS long as possibly before i must start getting suited  up i will spend time fine tuning my hand eye and intight quick puck movement and finding ways to make a pass with the puck/ball in my feet with my head up and staying strong on my feet and aware of all options, making myself an elite threat from the blueline. Afterwards during warmups i will be the guy making passes from the corner for the majority of practice and usually making sure no one is fooling around (Laine) otherwise working hard on my edges around the net and gaining as much speed with two strides and always maintainng a head up position swiveling finding passing lanes no one else see coming.

8.) Playoff hype song?

Playoff hype song without a doubt has to be Saturday night is alright to party - Nickelback , LETS GO TO THE FINALS

The Helsinki Hype guy is without a doubt Spaz and secondary Seabass and Vaak and then Laine is always active , can sometimes be a little negative if were being honest , still love the guy to death and would take a bullet for him any day no matter what and nothing will change that #TitanForLife

I know the TItans are more than capable of winning 4 more games and taking home the trophy , I know we were also a good enough team to take it home last year in this position. No matter what this comes down to effort , were going with two incredibly skilled teams and its going to be effort that beats skill and all inches and seconds and bounces , its going to be a series for the record books.

There is no better feeling than being the underdog , most of all creating buzz in the media , good or bad , people are talking Titans hockey and alot of users seem to be surprised and refer to us a a "mediocre" roster that only performs in the playoffs. Well to anyone that believes that , i have a simple answer , look at our roster and the MAJOR changes we have made already since the previous season, Jubo has managed to find a way to continue to build a championship quality roster two season in a row after making some big and risky moves.

3.) What do you think makes a team successful in the regular season vs the playoffs? Chemistry and consistency, that's it

4.) Are you washing your Hockey socks or are they now considered lucky socks? People don't wash their socks?

6.) Do you think playoff hockey is more or less exciting than the regular season? Playoff hockey is easily more exciting than regular season, so much more is on the line

8.) Playoff hype song? Harlem - New Politics

10.) How far do you think the Titans will make it? Cup champions, easily :^)

11.) How do you feel about being the underdog that is going for victory against all odds? Underdog stories always make better movies after all

Hey Titans C;  It's press conference time again and guess what we are talking about? The finals of course... so let's have some fun and earn some TPE! A reminder you only need to answer six questions for two TPE or  three questions for one TPE.

l.) How do you feel about being the European Conference Champions?

2.) Did the team do anything to celebrate the landmark of claiming that European Conference Champions title?

3.) Lets do some predictions, Who wins and in how many games? do you hear the sounds of bristle rustling?  Do you hear a Sweep Sweep Sweep a coming?

4.) Who are you looking forward to facing off against on the Wolves?

5.) Give me a headline quote that will strike fear into your opponents hearts.

6.) Usually in professional leagues like VHL (and the NHL) teams spend a lot of money on making a big display during the playoff finals (some teams lip-sync, some dance and some teams like  put on a full blown show with fireworks and story telling.) What do you see Helsinki doing to commemorate being in this season's finals?

7.) Do you think the refs are more or less strict during the playoffs?

8.)Who takes the first penalty against the Wolves? Why did they take it?  If It was a fight who won?

9.)This playoff showdown is gonna be epic, how epic you ask? Well i hear they are going to make a movie... who is playing you in the film? Do you think they do a serious take or is it "Goons" all over again

I0.) In the spirit of keeping the mood light, how do you keep lose during high pressure situations? Some Players play music, others can play jokes and some even just bro out play games or go out for food together.

II.) What is your playoff style? Are you rocking a new hairstyle? Dis the whole team dye their hair Helsinki blue? Did you change your tape colour, change the way you lace your skates or even grow a beard or shave your head? What are you rocking in the name of the playoffs, and is your team doing the same over all?

I2.)What is the most interesting conversation you have had in the penalty box?

Good luck in the playoffs Helsinki ❤️

22 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Hey Titans C;  It's press conference time again and guess what we are talking about? The finals of course... so let's have some fun and earn some TPE! A reminder you only need to answer six questions for two TPE or  three questions for one TPE.

2.) Did the team do anything to celebrate the landmark of claiming that European Conference Champions title?

3.) Lets do some predictions, Who wins and in how many games? do you hear the sounds of bristle rustling?  Do you hear a Sweep Sweep Sweep a coming?

6.) Usually in professional leagues like VHL (and the NHL) teams spend a lot of money on making a big display during the playoff finals (some teams lip-sync, some dance and some teams like  put on a full blown show with fireworks and story telling.) What do you see Helsinki doing to commemorate being in this season's finals?

8.)Who takes the first penalty against the Wolves? Why did they take it?  If It was a fight who won?

9.)This playoff showdown is gonna be epic, how epic you ask? Well i hear they are going to make a movie... who is playing you in the film? Do you think they do a serious take or is it "Goons" all over again

I0.) In the spirit of keeping the mood light, how do you keep lose during high pressure situations? Some Players play music, others can play jokes and some even just bro out play games or go out for food together.

II.) What is your playoff style? Are you rocking a new hairstyle? Dis the whole team dye their hair Helsinki blue? Did you change your tape colour, change the way you lace your skates or even grow a beard or shave your head? What are you rocking in the name of the playoffs, and is your team doing the same over all?

1) It feels really nice finishing my career in the Finals again. 

2) Some of us just hung a bit and had a few brews. 

3) Helsinki has to win this. Draven is hungry and focused. 

4) I don’t mind grinding some checks off on the fabulous @BladeMaiden

5) Your mistakes will lead to my opportunity and I will make you pay dearly. 

6) Just make it special and then we’re all good. 

Feels great. Two seasons in a row. Now to close out this great run with a cup win!

What happens in the Titans locker room shall forever remain in the Titans locker room.

Titans in 6 games

100% Thightrap. Such a promising player who had a great rookie campaign.

Hiroshi Okada is our 2nd line center. Let that sink in.

As the game gets in to the later stages the refs tend to be more lenient for sure.

Edited by Jubo07

Jubo gets it done year round, but playoff Jubo is nothing to be messed with.

I still have the first pair of socks I wore in my first start for the Titans. I haven't washed them yet.

It's more exciting! This is where champions are crowned.

Always give a puck to a fan pregame.

8.) Playoff hype song?

"Wrecking Ball" Miley Cyrus

All. The. Way!

Best to be the underdog. Then you can smile and wave to all the doubters.

Not my opponents, but you better watch out for my boys in Blue!

1- this is our time and I am very much looking forward to the finals

2- my hands hurt for a day after all the high fives and knucks

3- Helsinki wins in 5 games

4- the goalie over there Jimmy Spyro

5- Zamboni Driver is playing the best hockey of his career

6- a big light show and hype video on the jumbotron

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

1- Im really happy we made it again to the finals..

2- Booz and girls

3- Helsinki wins in 5 games.

4- It will be awesome going against Brock Louth.

5-  “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” — Michel De Montaigne.

6- We will be celebrating 24/7 

4 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

I was here last year the nerves and excitement level doesn't change, hopefully it ends with us raising the cup this time.

We thrust the spears into our enemies hearts and watch them beg for mercy to finish them off. Just kidding some of us went out for drinks.

I don't feel comfortable doing this I would jynx us lol.

Yes I believe it'll be a good series.

Tape-to-Tape heads into finals with a .924 save percentage.

I was hoping we could turn the rink into a coliseum and have gladiator battles.

It depends who you have reffing honestly, I've seen some of them let plays that should be called go and others call what they thought was a trip even though the guy tripped over his own stick.

Okada leads us in penalty minutes I'm going to take the safe route and say him.

I would love to see nicolas cage play myself and go ape shit on the ice I think that would be fucking gold. If that happened it would probably be goons all over again.

I usually sit by myself on the bench before the game and listen to some music, or I'll skate on the ice and see how many shots I can get past our goalies.

You can't go into the playoffs without trying to grow a playoff beard that's absurd.

It was with a fan and we talked shit on me and he didn't realize it was me till the two minutes was up, I think he had too much to drink.

Good luck to you too @BladeMaiden ❤️

8 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Great! I joined the Titans to go deep into the playoffs and my gamble paid off so i'm happy. 

See my most recent VHL.com submission, there was a halloween bash at my place!

I don't expect any sweeping to be done. Both teams are strong teams and I think we'll see a good entertaining series between the two teams. 

@BladeMaidenYou of course, common

Well I just released a media statement that I'll eat you guys. So maybe a headline where it actually happens?

Post game mosh pit party!

I like to believe they're a little more chill during the playoffs. With the increased physical play you'd see guys going in the box during the whole game. I like it when the refs let the guys play and not slow the pace down with too many penalties. 

Probably me for something stupid like slashing or tripping. I can't ever do something cool.

Well I'm not sure this run is necessarily movie worthy and my knowledge of actors is very limited. I guess that guy from Shameless, Steve Howey can play Seabass. 

I love amping myself up by listening to music most times, but I'm also guilty of going around pranking my teammates. 

I grew myself a beard for this run and it's looking pretty rad now. Maybe I'll dye it blue for the finals we'll see. We're trying to keep it light in the locker room and we're all just enjoying the ride and having fun. 

I asked @Speed Willie Dredge about his new dog and if I could go pet it after the game. Got me so fucking excited when he said sure thing. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Its truly humbling , being known and recognized as the top organization with such a prestigious is amazing. We have fought and worked hard over the past two seasons to assert this dominance and with this roster there is NO signs of slowing down but a dynasty in the making... 

I cant say for myself weather or not the team did anything in particular to celebrate winning the Conference championship other than the most recent Contract resigning in huge news announcing not only star goalie Zamboni Driver , VV, Myself and rookie Sensation Patrik Laine all have resigned with the Titans for another 3 seasons and rumours are coming of the signing in the hopefull upcoming days that Vikinstad announces his resigning as well.

Im never one to assume the outcome of games, Hockey is a game of inches and seconds and theres no formula to determine the random bounces and the level of heat and effort put into each shift from each player , forming  the chemistry it takes to win the big games , evidently this wont be an easy series and clearly not a sweep now after going 1-1 in the first two games. Game One was a big one for us after having such a long layoff with the previous sweep in the conference finals against a fresh vancouver squad, however game 2 things really starting clicking again and the Titans are looking tighter than ever

Venus Thightrap without a dought , her skill has had me taken back since i first saw her skate in the WJHC and wow there is ALOT of skill in that woman's body 

"Titans are Tighter than Ever"

A massive Firework show and a huge parade and celebration in the markets in downtown Helsinki having amazing food vendors as far as the eye can see and just the entire community enjoying and celebrating together with the team , its truly a surreal feeling living and celebrating amongst the fans that have been there all the way throughout the amazing long journey that has taken us to where we are today and we would have nothing without our loyal and humble fans 

The refs are without a doubt MORE strict in the playoffs , you have to watch every stick infractions , the refs want to see the most skilled and clean hockey. Nothing dirty or chip we want the best quality of hockey played on ice and not deterred buy stupid immature behaviors due to lack of skill and effort, Discipline in the playoffs is more than essential.

Its more than likely going to be me and for a goodness gracious hooking or roughing minor ?

I honestly cant see anyone else playing me other than Pete Davidson, and if its that case its going to be a spoof and be a movie like Goons , not my type of hockey movie...

Nothing changes when it comes to playoff time other than the razor gets locked away and the hair clippers are on the shelf for months because the playoff beard is real and anyone that knows me KNOWS i go full caveman for the playoff run , anything for the team 

When @Jer_Lefebvre asked me if i wanted to go for food after the game in Davos ? wtf man play attention to the game hahahaha  

On 11/1/2020 at 8:13 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1) Confident. We barely squeaked in and only lost once en route to the Finals. Feeling great!
2) Not really. We lost last year so we were excited but remained focused on the goal.

3) Helsinki in 7

4) Playing against Venus (@BladeMaiden) and King (@IamMOOSE). Good friends with both of them and it will be fun to play against them for the cup.

5) "I will score a lacrosse style goal against you"

6) Just some fireworks.

7) Less, I would let them play. Games are more physical, can't shut that down.

8 ) Driver for being the best goalie in the playoffs.

9) Serious take. More enteraining. Gotta include some Laine vs Venus scraps though and all the chirping.

10) I just play some football, throw the pigskin around. Even socializing with the enemy helps keep me calm.

11) I keep everything the same, only change if we lose consecutive games.

12) Probably chirping with V during Game 1. It was pretty funny.

Good luck @BladeMaiden!