Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Off-Season:hel: <--

For week ending Sept 20th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Off-season is well underway, what are you focusing on improving?
2) We acquired Seabass Perrin from UFA. What do you think his greatest benefit will be to the team?
3) Zamboni Driver is prepped to be the new starter. How exciting is it to have a young goalie on board for the long-haul?
4) Three rookies (Laine, Sens, Harvey) will make their debut this season. What is your best words of advice for them? And for the rookies answering; what is your biggest strength you bring to the team?
5) Who do you see as our conference rival this coming season?
6) Predict how many goals we score this season (last season: 258).

1- I will be just trying to get close to where I was at last season as far as TPE. 

2- He is very good all around player and teammate. He is underrated on the Power-play. 

3- Zamboni Driver will have a great year!

4- Just play your game and play hard every minute.

5-We have a lot of rivals but I think Riga and Davos will be the main ones.

6- I predict we score 280 goals this season.

I'm looking to improving all my main traits as much as I can.
2) We acquired Seabass Perrin from UFA. What do you think his greatest benefit will be to the team? 

I don't know who he is but as long as he's an upgrade, he should be good.
3) Zamboni Driver is prepped to be the new starter. How exciting is it to have a young goalie on board for the long-haul?

A franchise goalie for over a decade is exactly what any team needs.
4) Three rookies (Laine, Sens, Harvey) will make their debut this season. What is your best words of advice for them? And for the rookies answering; what is your biggest strength you bring to the team?

Don't overthink, just have fun.

Riga

I put my defense to 99 not so long ago, could have been still technically last season, but I have also worked on my passing, I'm planning on putting it to 95 and leaving it there, so almost at my goal build. Might also throw something to skating.

He is a great defender who is also able to play with the puck as well, I think his overall game on the blueline is something that will bring a lot of good things for Titans.

It's great, makes for a cool story when a young goalie takes the spotlight, when we look back years from now we might even be witnessing the start to a legendary career at the moment.

Patience is key, competition on icetime and the fight for the best roles can be fierce at times, but one day at a time. Inside humor ;)

Davos perhaps, they got that Funk guy in net now and younger players improving.

I'll say 312, I think we are going to have even better year, Vaakanainen on the middle will score a lot and I want to believe I will score a lot as well + everybody else in the roster is coming back stronger than ever!

18 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

I'm not so focused on improving. I'm more focused on my skating I guess because I'm old and i'm trying to keep up with these young kids.

I think I help bring some leadership and grit to our team of skilled players. What your also acquiring is an elite penalty killer, and my shot blocking ability (I'm 2nd on the VHL's active shot blocking list) will help our young netminder. I'll be the Zamboni Driver's best friend. @Tape-to-Tape

I am pretty pumped to see Driver in net. He brings stability to the most crucial position in the VHL for years to come. Plus, he's the zamboni driver, since he also has the part time job at the Arena he can easily slant the ice in our favor so to speak.

To succeed in the VHL you gotta be the very best version of you, you can be. You not only have to play hard and work hard in practice to be a professional.  You also have to be a professional off the ice, so you have to  work out regularly and stick to diets.,You have to stay humble, kind and respectful as well since your in a market where kids look up and idolize you.  

The Moscow Menace are my personal choice.  I've only made the playoffs twice in my career, only to be bounced in the 1st round both times by the Menace. I hold grudges.

I don't see why we couldn't hit 250 once again.

Edited by Seabass

19 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Puck handling, to bring down my turnovers.

Add to our already stacked defense.

He did really good last season, I have faith he's going to be a big stud.

Go out and give your all as long as you're working hard, you'll be rewarded.

Davos or malamo.

I'll go with 265 for this season.

19 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

20 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

This Offseason has been all focused on getting stronger and being more confident , that playoff run really has given me the confidence to know i can be a star in this league and be the best teammate and leader possible

The Depth on defence ? 

SOOOO EXCITED !!! @Tape-to-Tape and I have played together in somefashion since S72 when we won silver together on a Rag Tag team Asia , then the next WJHC Winning gold with @Jubo07 as well and then having the honor of being  drafted by the TItans together and playing our rookie seasons making the run all the way to the playoff finals. I cant wait for Driver to show the world what hes got 

Being a good teammate is by far the best strength i offer , i am always an ear open for advice and want to give forth my best effort to be the best teammate i can , I love my Titans and anyone that dawns the Titan Jersey with me is Family... Forever

My pal @Jer_Lefebvre and Davos look pretty scary TBH 

Last season was one for the history books no doubt , I would be lying if i said i didnt expect us to top that again this season , with Spaz , Draven and Summers and someone that i could see honestly leading the league in goals Valtteri Vaakainen ?

-->  :hel:Titans S74:hel: <--

For week ending Sept 27th

1) 6-3-0 after week one. How are you feeling about our start?
2) Our goals against numbers are not where they need to be. What do you think we need to do to fix this trend?
3) Who wins the Stanley Cup (Dallas or Tampa) and how many games doe sit take?
4) If we had a bobble-head night who would you you like to see get their own figure?
5) What works best in your opinion; load up on star power up front or have several strong players and a deeper overall roster?
6) If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you?

Edited by Jubo07

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

2) Our goals against numbers are not where they need to be. What do you think we need to do to fix this trend?
3) Who wins the Stanley Cup (Dallas or Tampa) and how many games does sit take?
4) If we had a bobble-head night who would you you like to see get their own figure?
5) What works best in your opinion; load up on star power up front or have several strong players and a deeper overall roster?
6) If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you?

1) Pretty good, being tied for 3rd in the league is great!

2) We just need to match the speed of the opposition and take less penalties. If we can win some puck battles and get a few bounces going our way we will see a decrease in goals against.

3) Dallas, seeing a 34 year old goalie win who doesn't get enough respect in the Nhl would be great to see! Plus the team just seems like a Western Allstars team.

4) Laine, Osens, or Driver would be neet since they are some of the most exciting fan favorites!

5) Deeper Roster has always seemed like a strong set up since it lets your team survive the gauntlet of the season and playoffs.

6) Laine and Osens since we are the rookies on the team.

Solid start, 9 games and 6 wins from those, yea thats a good one. If we can keep same up for whole year and even improve - we are in for a nice one!

I don't know to be honest, maybe try to play physically and look into ways on limiting their chances on getting into our zone and more so into the danger areas when we keep the play down the boards.

Dallas! Look at all those Finnish players, oh my oh my. Game seven more than likely.

Old man Driven, I think he deserves a little love since it will be his last year in the league. On top of that, those bobble-heads could end up being real collectors items since this will be the last time you can get them, so would be a cool and fun event for everybody.

If there is not enough talent and skill behind the stars, that can come back and hurt real bad if and when the stars are taken out by clever matching of lines or the stars simply having bad nights.

Summers maybe, he is a defender and a veteran player who knows these little things.

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1- We need to tighten up defense and score more goals.

2- Just play better 5 v 5

3-I say Dallas wins it in 5 games.

4-With it being Dravens last season I would say him.

5- I like the deep overall roster.

6-I wouldn't need a cover I would just tell the truth.  

12 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) We just need to pick up the pace and score more goals. 

2) We just need to play better defense. 

3) Tampa Bay might win in 7 games. 

4) I must say I would love to see myself or VV.

5) I’m always a fan of a deep roster. 

6) Maybe Toni Bolonee would cover me. Lol Then again he might set me up for a laugh. He’s a prankster. 

14 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Its a start ? the first 10 games mean nothing when it comes playoff time , noone will remember these standings ...

Finding Chemistry on the 3rd and 4th lineups throughout the game , once everyone like the rookies especially getting used to the speed and the new guys all have more of a feel playing together , things are going to click , and fast and hard ?

Dallas in 6 , Radulov wins the Conn Smythe...

NO QUESTIONS ASKED .... our starting goalie ? ZAMBONI DRIVER @Tape-to-Tape ?

Having several "Elite" Players and a deep overall roster is the key IMO, Look at the S73 Helsinki Roster and thats an example of a Dynasty roster to me ....

Lol I would never be late for practice , im always there atleast 2 hours early if not more warming up , and TBH it would be any of my teammates i know they would have my back in a heartbeat ❤️ 

1 - we are playing well and picking up well from where we left last season

2 - part of it is more consistent goalie performances. I will continue to work at improving my own game.

3 - Dallas in 6

4 - Jim Bob is a crowd favourite

5 - good depth is best

6 - calvin harvey

1) 6-3-0 after week one. How are you feeling about our start? Titans are playing extremely well, I love what I'm seeing from them
2) Our goals against numbers are not where they need to be. What do you think we need to do to fix this trend? New defensive strategies, switching up the lines, etc could work.
3) Who wins the Stanley Cup (Dallas or Tampa) and how many games doe sit take? I'm hoping for Tampa, probably in 6 or 7
4) If we had a bobble-head night who would you you like to see get their own figure? Jim Bob, absolutely
5) What works best in your opinion; load up on star power up front or have several strong players and a deeper overall roster? Deep roster, if the elite players have an off night I'd rather not rely on a bunch of VHLMers to win the Cup.
6) If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you? I feel like that Hafkey player from last year would definitely have done that for his teammates ;)

On 9/20/2020 at 9:32 PM, Jubo07 said:

It's early but feeling good so far.

Put more pucks on net if you can't do that you can't score.

Dallas has been hot but I think I'll give it to tampa in 6.

Draven, Summers, Vaakaininen any of these legends.

Several strong players, you can't win it all with one guy.

Vaakaininen if he's feeling kind enough or Elsby.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:32 PM, Jubo07 said:

On 9/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, Jubo07 said:

Patrik Laine will now step up to the mic to answer questions.

1) It's been a slow start for me, certainly not where we want to be but we'll play good down the stretch

2) We need to play better defensively

3) Dallas in 6

4) Summers. He deserves it after everything he has done

5) Several strong players, builds a better team.

6) I wouldn't get anyone to cover for me, I would go tell the coach I was late and accept the punishment. I'm not a liar.

1) 6-3-0 after week one. How are you feeling about our start?   We have started well, but we can do better!
2) Our goals against numbers are not where they need to be. What do you think we need to do to fix this trend? I am not sure, but I have full confidence in our managment.
3) Who wins the Stanley Cup (Dallas or Tampa) and how many games doe sit take? Dallas hopefully, because I am fan of Mavericks. 
4) If we had a bobble-head night who would you you like to see get their own figure? I would like to get my own figure.
5) What works best in your opinion; load up on star power up front or have several strong players and a deeper overall roster? Loading up on star power, because they could make more in their time on ice.
6) If you were late for practice one morning; which team-mate would you count on to cover for you? I would not be late to practice, I am always on time!

For week ending Oct 4th

1) Week 3 is underway, what is something you are hoping to improve on?
2) If you could go back in time to watch any NHL'er in their prime, who would it be?
3) What is your favorite pre-game meal?
4) What was the first big ticket item you purchased after signing your first VHL contract?
5) What do you enjoy doing on your off time between games and practices?
6) What is your go to movie snack?

27 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 4th

2) If you could go back in time to watch any NHL'er in their prime, who would it be?
4) What was the first big ticket item you purchased after signing your first VHL contract?

1- I just want to score more and play great defense. My numbers are not what they were last season. Not sure why besides depreciation.

2- I would love to see Pavol Demitra when he was just joining the Blues.

3- I like that baked chicken.

4- I bought a home and new vehicle.

5- I like to watch movies and play video games.

6) I love those soft pretzels with jalapeno cheese dipping sauce.  

38 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 4th

1) I will improve my overall scoring.

2) I would want to see Brett Hull again. 

3) I love chicken noodle soup. 

4) I bought a cabin in the woods.

5) I just love fixing up my property and planting fruit trees around my property also. 

6) I love pizza any day any time. Lol 

1- Making more saves

2- Being a goalie I would like to go back and watch the dominator Hasek
3- pasta and meatballs

4- an expensive ergonomic chair to rest my body on after games

5- Listening to a pod cast while enjoying the outdoors of Finland

6- Sour Patch Kids

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 4th

1) Just being more active with the team and letting in less when I start.

2) Ken Dryden and Vladislav Tretiak

3) Something healthy but nothing ritualized I suppose.

4) Probably a house in the city.

5) Just walking around the city and doing appearances within the community for the team. 

6) Twizzlers, Bunch-a-crunch, and Popcorn.

Scoring few more goals in general is one, I got fair number of chances but not enough goals.

Datsyuk perhaps, I was too young and not a huge NHL and hockey fan when Datsyuk was in his prime, even simply watching him come into the league and grow into the beast he is/was would be great thing to follow.

Pasta and meat, add some tomato element in some form - good to go!

Big apartment, I like to walk everywhere and since our arena is in nice spot in Helsinki, I got a place that was fairly close just so I could walk to work and back.

I take it easy at home, simply watching out of the window is sometimes surprisingly relaxing. Especially during winter time.

Carrots

On 9/28/2020 at 4:07 PM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 4th

1.  I think skating or puck handling

2. Pavel Bure

3. Big Mac meal

4. Brand new Mercedes

5. Playing videogames and golf

6. Popcorn, of course

Edited by Big Bob