Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 8/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 6:hel: <--

For week ending August 30th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Time for the playoffs to begin! How confident are you feeling going into the post season?

Ive always believed confidence is key, if you dont believe youre the best , you never will be.
2) What is a statistical goal of yours for the playoffs?

Individual statistics mean nothing to mean in the playoffs , My only goal is to WIN! 
3) Who do you believe makes it to the finals from the North American conference? (Seattle, Calgary, New York, Vancouver)

Seattle has impressed me all season, and to be honest , its playoff hockey anyone can win any night, if that werent the case , the team shouldnt be in the league....
4) If you were to choose a Titan to shoot on a penalty shot who would it be?

Spaz ???? obviously hahaaha would anyone choose differently !?!
5) How many games do you see our first round series taking?

? Irrelevant ?

6) Who are you most surprised to have seen eliminated from the NHL playoffs?

The Penguins :( and my Yotes ofcourse

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 7:hel: <--

For week ending Sept 6th

1) What piece of hockey equipment will you try to keep wearing until its a must go/must replace?
2) During the pre-game skate what are you thinking about?
3) If you were to design a Titans 3rd jersey, what color scheme would you choose?
4) When arriving at the arena, are you sporting a tie, bow-tie or no tie?
5) Besides points and wins, what stat are you hoping you do well in game to game?
6) Exciting draft class again this off-season, who is your pick to go first overall? Draft list link

9 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Sept 6th

1) What piece of hockey equipment will you try to keep wearing until its a must go/must replace?
3) If you were to design a Titans 3rd jersey, what color scheme would you choose?
5) Besides points and wins, what stat are you hoping you do well in game to game?
6) Exciting draft class again this off-season, who is your pick to go first overall? Draft list link

1) I would say probably my gloves.

2) I'm thinking about what we have to do to win.

3) I would like a black and blue jersey.

4) I wear a tie sometimes.

5) I like keeping a good plus/minus.

6) I would imagine whomever is ranked 1-5 might go first. 

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Sept 6th

HAHA LOL i would honestly enjoy seeing some ideas for new equipment because ive got none lol

Im not thinking about anything , im just doing , im out there singing along loud as can be , i dont even need to be micd up , everyone can hear me

I have always dreamed of a Titans alternate Uniform with an adjusted logo similar to the LA kings Crown with the Purple and Gold color scheme is a fantasy of mine

Tie till i Die

Besides points and wins , having a high passing percantage and making a point of never losing the puck when its on my stick , winning all the little battles for the puck are my biggest 

Honestly this years class is so packed at the top and with Christian Mingle aka @Quik on that list its going to be SO HARD deciding whom to pick, If im giving my honest opinion and best educated guess Big centerman is Venus Thightrap will be going 1st Ovr. 

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Sept 6th

1- I usually make pants or gloves last a long time. 

2- I focus on the game plan. 

3- Maybe like a blue and black one. 

4- I don’t usually wear a tie at all. 

5- I like having a good physical game and getting in the dirty areas on the ice. 

6- I will Aloe Dear or Luke Thornton will have the best chance for number one. 

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Sept 6th

1) Probably my Helmet. The Bauer RE AKT-150 has worked out great for me.

2) During game 4 against Philadelphia, I was just thinking about closing out the series.

3) Probably a mix of darker and lighter blues to make a fun original jersey

4) I usually sport a suit with a tie.

5) Probably my physicality, I have a big frame and I'm learning how to use it.

6) Either Luke Thornton or Aloe Dear.

7 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Sept 6th

Probably my gloves.

What I need to bring to the ice try and stay focused.

Black and blue 

7 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Depends what shit I'm wearing honestly, I do like to change it up.

Play good defensively, don't turn the puck over and stay out of the box.

Personally it's hard to say but I would go with Luke Thorton.

My lucky gloves of course! When they are worn out just right - they are just right.

I try to take my mind off the upcoming game, so something like did I leave the stove on or did I close the door when I left, little things like that. They will get the motor going, I play as hard as I can so I get back home fast to see what was the case.

I would do something wild, black and gold could go well with the Titans theme, I bet the jerseys would look sick

No tie, I like the relaxed look.

Hits is one, gotta keep on taking the body and hope it leads to good things!

It sure is, I'll say Venus Thightrap, Venus is a center which could be what Warsaw is looking for, they can build around Venus and hopefully have leading center for years to come.

1) What piece of hockey equipment will you try to keep wearing until its a must go/must replace? Bucket, for sure
2) During the pre-game skate what are you thinking about? What got me here and where I'm going from here, too
3) If you were to design a Titans 3rd jersey, what color scheme would you choose? Black and blue, that would look nuts
4) When arriving at the arena, are you sporting a tie, bow-tie or no tie? Tie, all day every day
5) Besides points and wins, what stat are you hoping you do well in game to game? I love passing the puck to teammates, so getting some assists here and there is definitely nice
6) Exciting draft class again this off-season, who is your pick to go first overall? I'm thinking since Aloe Dear had a better regular season in the VHLM, he'll be taken first overall

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 8:hel: <--

For week ending Sept 13th

1) We have been scoring goals at a 4+ per game pace, how confident are you we keep up this pace?
2) What has your experience been like playing in the finals in front of the Helsinki crowd?
3) What is the most random item you own that has a hockey logo on it?
4) What is your favorite drink to celebrate a victory?
5) Ben Hafkey will be playing his final VHL games this week. How do you plan to send him off to retirement?
6) Who on Seattle have you had the most exciting rivalry against during the finals?

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) We have been scoring goals at a 4+ per game pace, how confident are you we keep up this pace?

Really confident 

2) What has your experience been like playing in the finals in front of the Helsinki crowd?

Amazing, the fans have been supportive and continued to chear us on

A Sharks puck when I'm a pens fan and in PA.

Vodka
5) Ben Hafkey will be playing his final VHL games this week. How do you plan to send him off to retirement?

Hopefully winning a cup.

6) Who on Seattle have you had the most exciting rivalry against during the finals?

I'm not sure, I think all together it's been the whole team, just the energy from both teams wanting this cup.

I'm confident, but at the same time finals hockey could be extremely tight as teams much rather try to avoid making mistakes and taking risks, that could show on the opportunities we get to score.

It has been great, the fans have been there with us since the season started, amazing feeling to play in the finals and potentially celebrate the championship in front of all those people!

Hmmmm, I might actually not own anything that has a hockey logo on it.

Ice cold water ;)

Hopefully we win the cup and he gets to lift it up in the air!

Timothy Brown, he likes to hit a lot and so do I, we have gone at it few times.

14 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) We were one the highest scoring teams in the league. We lead in goals fir the playoffs so yes we can. 

2) Its been amazing the team feeds off their energy. 

3) I honestly don’t know. I have Blues logo on my PS4. 

4) I love good old fashioned water. 

5) We are going to win the Cup with him. 

6) I have been playing hard against everyone on their team. 

On 9/6/2020 at 9:44 PM, Jubo07 said:

1- We definitely could have if given the chance. 

2- It has been a great and powerful experience.

3- Just posters really.

4- I like those Truly  hard-seltzers.

5- We were hoping to win the Cup but we lost in six games.

6- I would say their forwards because I'm keeping them away from our net.

1) We have been scoring goals at a 4+ per game pace, how confident are you we keep up this pace? Very confident! Helsinki is a great team.
2) What has your experience been like playing in the finals in front of the Helsinki crowd? I don't know, haven't played yet.
3) What is the most random item you own that has a hockey logo on it? Probably fridge.
4) What is your favorite drink to celebrate a victory? A good glass of water.
5) Ben Hafkey will be playing his final VHL games this week. How do you plan to send him off to retirement? I don't know him, I don't plan to do anything.
6) Who on Seattle have you had the most exciting rivalry against during the finals? Nobody!

Have a good thing going. I think you can keep that pace.

Oh I'm not playing here anymore. I showed up for my former teammates. I'm sure it's amazing for them though.

Diapers. Odd... I know.

Anything with that Alchy.

With social distancing and me being in Prague now... I'll have to video call him and give him a virtual hug.

I didn't. Was fun to watch some intense matchups between my former squad though.

1) We have been scoring goals at a 4+ per game pace, how confident are you we keep up this pace? We were an amazing team, scoring was great just got unlucky.
2) What has your experience been like playing in the finals in front of the Helsinki crowd? Electric. With the fans knowing it was Hafkey's last season, they made the send off that much better
3) What is the most random item you own that has a hockey logo on it? I have a pillow in my living room with a giant Avalanche logo on it
4) What is your favorite drink to celebrate a victory? Brewskis baby
5) Ben Hafkey will be playing his final VHL games this week. How do you plan to send him off to retirement? With a bang, and that's exactly what happened. Wasn't the outcome we wanted, but I wouldn't trade it for anything
6) Who on Seattle have you had the most exciting rivalry against during the finals? Anybody I face at the center dot is always my rival

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Off-Season:hel: <--

For week ending Sept 20th

1) Off-season is well underway, what are you focusing on improving?
2) We acquired Seabass Perrin from UFA. What do you think his greatest benefit will be to the team?
3) Zamboni Driver is prepped to be the new starter. How exciting is it to have a young goalie on board for the long-haul?
4) Three rookies (Laine, Sens, Harvey) will make their debut this season. What is your best words of advice for them? And for the rookies answering; what is your biggest strength you bring to the team?
5) Who do you see as our conference rival this coming season?
6) Predict how many goals we score this season (last season: 258).

19 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

2) We acquired Seabass Perrin from UFA. What do you think his greatest benefit will be to the team?
3) Zamboni Driver is prepped to be the new starter. How exciting is it to have a young goalie on board for the long-haul?
4) Three rookies (Laine, Sens, Harvey) will make their debut this season. What is your best words of advice for them? And for the rookies answering; what is your biggest strength you bring to the team?

1) My defense and puck handling. Turned the puck over waaay too much last year.
2) His all around game and leadership. A great leader who sets by example.

3) It's great, nice young tandem in him and Harvey sets us with a solid 1-2 punch in net.

4) Biggest strength has to be my scoring touch.

5) Riga, they are still very strong.

6) 260

1. Rebound control and hand eye speed

2. Stopping more dangerous scoring chances and making great passes

3. I cant wait to get started here. It was fun backing up Ross last season and I cant wait to play more games.

4. Take it all in as you are only an rookie one time

5. Riga and Davos

6. 255, and less goals against us

34 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I’m basically going to build my TPA to exactly what it was last season and stay with the same configuration. Hopefully I will do what I did last season and I plan to be a leader on the ice. 

2) He's my best buddy in the VHL so I have nothing but good things to say about this guy. He puts in 110% and puts the extra work in to be ahead at the end of the day. Great personality in the locker room. He’s  winner. 

3) Zamboni will be great like he was in his few starts he had last season. 

4) The rookies just need to relax and go out their and play their roles in the system we have put in place. The wins will come with speed, focus,& determination. Add some physical presence and you will fit right in here. We led the league in hits last year and still managed to be one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Get in front of the net and get into the dirty areas. 

5) Probably Moscow and Prague is always tough to beat. I feel everyone that we play is pretty much the enemy ? They are all rivals in my book. 

6) We might just  score 275 goals this year. ?

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1.  My conditioning. At this level you have to be at peek performance level even as the back up. I have started wear all copper infused clothing to make sure I train harder, faster, smarter, and stronger than anyone else.
  2. Great! Outside of his amazing playing ability and locker room presence, I think he will bring in the fish sponsorships with that great name!
  3. I feel incredibly joyous to be on the team for the long-haul especial since I spent all year playing against Liane and Osens in the M and WJ's. I am glad they can't score on me anymore outside of practices.
  4. All three of us made the finals last season and we all played on the top teams in WJ, I don't doubt we will bring a lot to the team and the locker room.
  5. Maybe Davos as it looks like they have a great team but the other teams look like tough competition also.
  6. 230-260 range with +50/70 on goals for/against

I'm still a young player so there's a lot to improve. Working on my defensive game mostly tho so I can go back down to the VHLM and dominate this season

I'm not really familiar with Perrin but if he is able to help push the team over the edge and get us winning the cup this season that's got to be a pretty huge benefit.

It's really exciting. As a young player it's good to see the guy I'll be spending my career playing with getting the call up. 

I'm not a rookie or someone to give advice to rookies, but I'm looking forward to being able to bring some powerful offense from the point to the team in the next few seasons. 

I'm going with Riga being a tough conference rival this season, they looked good last time around and we'll have to stay working hard to beat them

I'm saying we go slightly better and hit 270 goals this season. Always improving