Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 9/28/2020 at 9:07 AM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S74:hel: <--

For week ending Oct 4th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Week 3 is underway, what is something you are hoping to improve on?

Producing, but that doesn't seem to be going well.

2) If you could go back in time to watch any NHL'er in their prime, who would it be?

Jagr I've always wanted to see him in the black and gold.

3) What is your favorite pre-game meal?

Peanut butter and shrimp sandwich.

4) What was the first big ticket item you purchased after signing your first VHL contract?

A toaster.

5) What do you enjoy doing on your off time between games and practices?

Imagining all the things I could do with a toaster.

6) What is your go to movie snack?

Now you may think toast but that's where you're wrong, I like to have popcorn.

1) Week 3 is underway, what is something you are hoping to improve on? Personally just trying to get my defensive game up to compliment my offensive side
2) If you could go back in time to watch any NHL'er in their prime, who would it be? Joe Sakic, hands down
3) What is your favorite pre-game meal? Nachos, absolutely
4) What was the first big ticket item you purchased after signing your first VHL contract? As I haven't signed a VHL contract yet (on this player), I've yet to know what I would spend it on ;)
5) What do you enjoy doing on your off time between games and practices? Thinking about what I'm gonna do in my next game or practice
6) What is your go to movie snack? Probably nachos again

On 9/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 4th

1) Week 3 is underway, what is something you are hoping to improve on?
2) If you could go back in time to watch any NHL'er in their prime, who would it be?
3) What is your favorite pre-game meal?
4) What was the first big ticket item you purchased after signing your first VHL contract?
5) What do you enjoy doing on your off time between games and practices?
6) What is your go to movie snack?

1) Defensive play, I need to be better there.
2) Gretzky, he was something special.

3) Chicken and Pasta.

4) I bought a house and banked the rest of my money.

5) I like to play video games, but I mostly chat with my friends like Blade and Jiggs, and hang out with my teammates

6) Popcorn that is covered in butter, it's a classic.

For week ending Oct 11th

1) Week 3 was a rollercoaster but ended with back-to-back wins. How are you feeling about going into week 4?
2) Oh Sens was moved to Toronto on the weekend. How did you bid him farewell?
3) We have a negative goal differential, aside from tinkering with lines what do we need to do better as a team?
4) Who on the team would you pick to take a penalty shot?
5) What sport are you 2nd best at behind Hockey?
6) Who on the team would you send up to the stage to sing Karaoke?

7 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

1) Week 3 was a rollercoaster but ended with back-to-back wins. How are you feeling about going into week 4?
3) We have a negative goal differential, aside from tinkering with lines what do we need to do better as a team?

1) Feeling good, I believe we will have a few winning streaks this week!

2) Edible Arrangements and a card.

3) We just need to buy into the system. If we do that we will be playing a full 180 foot game.

4) Probably Laine since he is a pure goal scorer.

5) Swimming I would have to say is my second best.

6) Driver, he is ready for anything.

23 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

1- I just hope we start winning consistently.

2- I shook his hand and wished him the best with his new team.

3- We just need to score more goals and play better defense.

4-Draven or Spaz would be the best in shootout.

5- I am a skateboader, but I love UFC or MMA also.

6- Draven is a musician so I would say him.

Those wins are a nice way to head towards a new week that is for sure, so I'm expecting we will keep on playing better and better, hopefully as the new week starts we have few more wins in our books!

I gave Sens one of my old sticks with my signature on it, little memento of the Helsinki times.

We need to score more goals, we usually create solid number of chances in each game, but not always use those that well. At the same time we need to find a way to make less mistakes in our own end, get rid of the easy ones and I think things will get better automatically as a result.

As a wildcard I would put Bolonee out there, not usually the one who gets to shoot them, so I bet the goalie in other team would be surprised.

Football/soccer, I would be a defensive midfielder.

Jared Spaz, I heard him sing once and it was beautiful.

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

1) We just to stay calm and play our style. 

2) I gave him a big hug and wish him farewell. 

3) Honestly we just need to work harder on staying out of the penalty box and just stay focused.

4) I would say Spaz, Draven, Okada.

5) I am good at baseball also. 

6) I am a musician myself so that would be me I guess. 

I feel confident for the team. Obviously I'm not a part of the roster but I'm cheering on from the side-line and I think the team looks great and should have a strong week. 

I sent him a text, never got to play with the guy unfortunately but still had to wish him well in his new home.

I think focusing on puck possession would help a lot, making sure we don't give it away unneccesarily. I think that would help a lot with the goal differential too, allowing us to maximise our time with the puck and preventing the bad guys from getting easy scores. 

Tough question given how little I know about the team but I'm going with Hiroshi Okada. The guy is our leading scorer so obviously knows what he's doing with the puck. 

Gabriel Akerstrom loves playing soccer, it's always been his second sport behind hockey and he still plays to this day.

I'm taking that one on myself. Gabriel is a notorious karaoke singer and I think he wouldn't give up the chance to show off to his teammates. 

On 10/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

Patrik Laine will now step up to the mic to answer questions:

1) I felt confident because we finished with back to back wins but we need to keep it going.

2) I talked to him just after he got the news. I was teammates with him in Miami last year too so I bid him farewell and wished him luck.

3) Collective defense. We've been allowing way too many shots.

4) Probably Vaak, he's got silky mitts so he could put one in the back of the net.

5) Probably Lacrosse. Helps with the practice of hockey.

6) Spaz for sure. It would be funny to see him up there.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

If we can get something going I have full faith in us.

Good luck with your career and hope it's a good one.

Just working together and putting the puck on the net while at the same time keeping it out.

I'm not usually biased but I would have to go with me hehe.

Soccer, I played a little in highschool.

Anybody but me.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jubo07 said:

On 10/5/2020 at 7:33 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 11th

Ive been stuck in the fcking bush and mountains and havent been able to keep up with anything !! S74 has forsure been the craziest and most uncertain formyself

Terrible news :( and very sad i didnt even get to say bye , this is LITERALLY the first im hearing of this 

ALOT, The chemistry isnt there and you cant force it 

Vaak and always Vaak 

Hoops

deffinetely @PatrikLaine

For week ending Oct 18th

1) Through trade the Titans said good bye to Jim Bob after almost 4 seasons in Helsinki. How did you bid him farewell?
2) The trade saw us acquire center Ola Vikingstad. What do you think he brings to the roster?
3) This week we saw Erik Draven announce retirement after 5 seasons in Helsinki. He will remain with us for the rest of the season and playoffs. What was your favorite memory of Draven as a Titan?
4) With the trade and pending retirement noted above, how motivated are you going forward?
5) If the Titans were to sport a 3rd jersey, what fun color scheme would you suggest?
6) Last week was Dream Team theme week. What was the best line mate(s) you had in your career?

@enigmatic @Spaz @Jbeezy76 @Big Bob @PatrikLaine @Erik Summers @Seabass @Spence King @Tbeez99 @Tape-to-Tape @Mrpenguin30 @Mason @OscarTheSwagDude @Wreckening @AnthonyOuellet @Dil

11 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 18th

1) Through trade the Titans said good bye to Jim Bob after almost 4 seasons in Helsinki. How did you bid him farewell?
2) The trade saw us acquire center Ola Vikingstad. What do you think he brings to the roster?
3) This week we saw Erik Draven announce retirement after 5 seasons in Helsinki. He will remain with us for the rest of the season and playoffs. What was your favorite memory of Draven as a Titan?
4) With the trade and pending retirement noted above, how motivated are you going forward?
5) If the Titans were to sport a 3rd jersey, what fun color scheme would you suggest?
6) Last week was Dream Team theme week. What was the best line mate(s) you had in your career?

@enigmatic @Spaz @Jbeezy76 @Big Bob @PatrikLaine @Erik Summers @Seabass @Spence King @Tbeez99 @Tape-to-Tape @Mrpenguin30 @Mason @OscarTheSwagDude @Wreckening @AnthonyOuellet @Dil

1- We all got together and hung out for a bit.

2- He will help offensively for sure.

3- My favorite memory is playing in the Finals with him last season.

4- I am always motivated no matter what the case.

5- Maybe be a royal blue with white,black & gold.

6- Erik Summers has been my best line-mate! 

58 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 18th

1) We all got together and wished him farewell. 

2) He is a really good scorer and skilled offensively.

3) I had the most fun last season making it to the Finals. 

4) I’m motivated to build another great player that will score even more. 

5) I’m not sure but I like black and blue jerseys. 

6) I think Borwin was the best. But I think Okada is best chemistry with Draven. 

8 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 18th

Still Speechless....

(In Tears) Next question please i cant do it 

(Elsby continues to cry more and more unable to speak and stuttering) Next question....

I really cant think about that right now after the recent news ...

Purple for Mental Health 100000%

Best Linemates would have to go out to Victor Grachev the rook in my last season in Philly , otherwise its clearly Summers , hes the GOAT

1- he was a fun person to be around and a physical presence in front of me. I wished him the best.

2 - He has one of the best overall builds in the league.

3- Almost winning a cup

4- we got this. I am more motivated then ever.

5- Silver and black with a logo to match

6- Being backup to Samuel Ross in my rookie season

I didn't get the chance to say goodbye as I'm not currently on the team, but good luck to him in his new spot!

I know Vikingstad is a huge name in the league, so it's definitely going to be a big boost to the team having him on the squad.

I never really got the chance to play with him or watch him, but I've head nothing but good things. Hope he enjoys retirement!

I'm motivated to keep working hard so I can crack the roster next season. Loads of exciting things happening with the team at the minute, would love to be a part of it!

The team should go all out and add a pink or neon green color scheme. 

That's a tough one, I've not had too many yet but I've enjoyed every line mate I've played with so not able to pick just one!

On 10/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 18th

1. It was a sad day for me, I really liked him as a locker room guy. I gave him a big hug and wished him well.

2. I think he brings a lot. I've talked to him off the ice before, great locker room guy.

3. Probably when he took me in during the first day of training camp. Showed me the ropes, introduced me to the boys and was very accepting of me.

4. I can fight for a spot as a top line RW now, so I want to try my best to win that spot.
5. Probably a darker blue (like Winnipeg Jets blue) with a sword and helmet
6. Probably Venus Thightrap (@BladeMaiden) during the WJC last year. We play really well together, had a lot of fun in the locker room and off the ice. It would be awesome if she came to Helsinki.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jubo07 said:

For week ending Oct 18th

I wish him luck in Seattle, won't forget last seasons playoff stud.

That veterans defensive presence we need.

Being able to play with him he's been here as long as I have.

Let win the cup as underdogs.

Tampa bay black with a light blue letterings and grey outlines.

Vaakaininen.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:51 PM, PatrikLaine said:

6. Probably Venus Thightrap (@BladeMaiden) during the WJC last year. We play really well together, had a lot of fun in the locker room and off the ice. It would be awesome if she came to Helsinki.

I would say we continue to do well when placed on lines together, WJC is a clear indication of the chemistry Thightrap and Laine have :3

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

I would say we continue to do well when placed on lines together, WJC is a clear indication of the chemistry Thightrap and Laine have :3

We also have a lot of fun in the locker room and off the ice as well. Good times all around

Some Random fun Questions for my Helsinki friends  :3

3 for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE

1.)What’s the best Wi-Fi name you’ve seen?

2.)What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?

3.)Do you know the password to any other VHLers’s phone? If so why do you have it and have you done anything interesting with it?

4.)If you could make a child of any 2 pervious VHL players that would join your team, who would you mash together?

5.)What is the most important unwritten rules of being a VHLer?

6.) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?

Extra 6 questions... have fun ?

In one sentence, how would you sum up the Moscow Menace ? (They are the top team lets roast em)

What is your favourite alternate Jersey to wear?

What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?

What used to be considered trashy but now is very classy?

What is the weirdest thing you have seen in another hockey players home?

Who is the most over paid person in the VHL?

Edited by BladeMaiden

1- Not your internet

2- clipping their toe nails

3- no and I would not do anything mean to my team

4- Borwinn Jr. please

5- always be a positive person for the team. Winning and losing go hand in hand. Winstreaks come and go, as do losing streaks.

6- When the Toy Story characters were almost burned alive