Vancouver Wolves Press Conference

Beaviss

9 hours ago, Poptart said:

🐺 Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 🐺

Week Ending March 21st 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With @Beaviss stepping down as GM, I want you to say your best memory of him. Maybe it's advice he gave or a time you had with him. 
  2. If you were the blues, who would you have step up and be the next GM?
  3. How to do you focus on the league with the changes going on in the Front Office. Does it make it harder or are you looking forward to trying impress whomever the new boss is?
  4. If you could have your perfect linemates, who would they be? For goalies, who would be your defensive pairing that you look forward to seeing on the ice. 
  5. What is your favorite workout to do during the offseason?
  6. What's your mindset during a game, any pregame rituals?
  7. What is one piece of advice that your parents gave you?

1. Only one I really have is getting that first message about my draft interview saying they wanted to draft me!

3. I guess I just keep in mind that what goes on in the higher ups isn't in my control, but my own stuff is.

4. Put Tucker on Defense lol

5. Stretching. Always gotta get more limber/flexible

6. During a game? "Please Mister Puck, just not the face." Pregame rituals? Hearty bowl of pasta

7. "Don't take Tater Tot as a nickname, that's awful"

On 3/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, Poptart said:

1. With @Beaviss stepping down as GM, I want you to say your best memory of him. Maybe it's advice he gave or a time you had with him. 
  3. How to do you focus on the league with the changes going on in the Front Office. Does it make it harder or are you looking forward to trying impress whomever the new boss is?
  4. If you could have your perfect linemates, who would they be? For goalies, who would be your defensive pairing that you look forward to seeing on the ice. 

1. I would say the best memory of the GM would be me getting drafted to the Wolves. I remember him bringing me into the pack and simply just being a part of the major league team while being a decent minor league prospect. It meant the world to me and I'm grateful he gave a chance on me to be a part of the hockey club.

3. Truthfully I try to focus more so on myself and let the front office do what they please, I don't have that much choice in regards to who the new boss is so it's better for me to focus on improvements and whoever comes in we'll work from there. 

4. My perfect linemates would have to be guys like Chris Reynolds or even people like Justin Lose who make great plays, not the head of the league but still a very useful piece for the team. Those that can score and get the job done.

5. I enjoy some leg workouts in the offseason, another thing would be stuff on the treadmill. Work on stamina and speed.

6. My mindset during a game is to feel dominant and do help. Get the mindset of holding the team back from scoring or doing anything and when we're in their zone to do EVERYTHING in our power to score. Pre-Game I listen to music to hype me and the others up. Metal works sometimes.

7. The best piece of advice my parents gave me was that it's okay to fail as long as you're able to get back up and do better. It gave me a good attitude or feeling if I failed a test that I can do better than that, when you get knocked down you have to get back up. Can't stay at rock bottom forever.

On 3/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, Poptart said:

1. I don't think there is a singular instance to name here, he was just an all-around pleasant person to be around from the moment he brought me into the team.

2. I don't know enough about league politics to have an opinion on this, sorry. But there are plenty of deserving candidates both from within and outside of the team.

3. It doesn't make too much of a difference for me, I gotta focus on myself and improving my own game first and foremost, everything else I can't control anyway.

4. My answer here is kind of a combination of the previous two: I don't know that much about other teams and I have to focus on my own play anyway instead of relying on other people to carry me or blame them for my mistakes.

5. Everything that involves a ball or a puck to chase!

6. I'm not superstitious but I still like a certain sort of routine before every game, where things like equipment preparation and warmups change as little as possible.

Edited by RomanesEuntDomus

On 3/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, Poptart said:

1. With @Beaviss stepping down as GM, I want you to say your best memory of him. Maybe it's advice he gave or a time you had with him. 
    Just him being excited for me to be on the team
  2. How to do you focus on the league with the changes going on in the Front Office. Does it make it harder or are you looking forward to trying impress whomever the new boss is
    its easier to not think about anything other than yourself :)
  3. What is your favorite workout to do during the offseason?
    Working out is for the weak who arent good enough
  4. What's your mindset during a game, any pregame rituals?
    Stuff a subway footlong down my throat and hope the defense can do its job
  5. What is one piece of advice that your parents gave you?
    Not care what other people think 
  6. If you were the blues, who would you have step up and be the next GM?
    I have zero idea what this means we talkin IRL

On 3/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, Poptart said:

1) Thank you for drafting me.

3) Looking forward to impressing the new boss.

4) Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand.

5) Anything core-wise.

6) I like to pump myself with music.

7) "Whatever you choose do, make sure your 8-year old self would be proud of you."

On 3/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, Poptart said:

1. When he hired me for Recruiting. He was honestly the best person for Vancouver and I'm really sad to see him go. Hopefully I can live up to 1/2 of what he was.

2. I guess me? KEK

3. During the week, it was definitely tough. I work on improving myself over the FO first and foremost. However, if the FO has a plan and everyone is on board, I respect it and join in.

4. I'd love to play on a line with Venus and Mingle.

5. Squats and leg press haha.

6. My parents always told me, be honest and everything will happen for you. It's been true and I try my best to be true to everyone around!

On 3/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, Poptart said:

1. Just overall a really great and supportive guy. Hope that he'll come back someday soon and find VHL fun again.

2. Don't want to bring up anything controversial, so I'll just say I think the most qualified and experienced guy should get the job. Preferably they are on VAN.

4. SS Hornet and Stallion.

5. Nothing, offseason is time for me to become more like hotdog phil.

6. Just go out on the ice and do my best.

7. A failure is only considered a failure if you don't learn from it.

🐺 Vancouver Wolves Press Conference 🐺

Week Ending March 28th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With FonziGG taking over as GM, how are you looking to make a first impression on him?
  2. What is the first few things you did one you stepped back into the Vancouver practice facilities?
  3. How was your off-season? Did you rest, or did you work hard the whole off-season?
  4. If you could choose who on the team you would be handcuffed to during a drill, who would it be?
  5. What is your favorite pre-game ritual?
  6. Which team do you really want to get revenge on this season?
  7. What is one thing you hope changes from last year?
  8. What is one piece of advice you would want to tell our prospects still in the VHLm? If you're a prospect in the VHLm, what is one thing you wish to know from the roster players?

1 minute ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. With FonziGG taking over as GM, how are you looking to make a first impression on him?
  2. What is the first few things you did one you stepped back into the Vancouver practice facilities?
  3. How was your off-season? Did you rest, or did you work hard the whole off-season?
  4. If you could choose who on the team you would be handcuffed to during a drill, who would it be?
  8. What is one piece of advice you would want to tell our prospects still in the VHLm? If you're a prospect in the VHLm, what is one thing you wish to know from the roster players?

1. Well he's already reached out to me and we've had a pretty good relationship. I think he will be a great GM and I am just going to be myself and try to help this team to win a chip.
2. My first thing was improving on my puckhandling, because as a winger I need to be able to move the puck nicely.
3. I worked hard the entire offseason so that Vancouver can win a chip.
4. Maybe Tater-Tot, because we have a good counting thing going?
5. My fav pregame ritual is to pray.
6. I personally don't have any wants for vengeance rn because I played in VHLm last year, but our division rivals are always a tough contest.
7. I hope we win even more games :)
8. Keep working hard, and you will attain your dream.

a:  Just listening to him and trying to follow his lead.

1. What is the first few things you did one you stepped back into the Vancouver practice facilities?

a:  Figure out what next steps I need to do.

1. How was your off-season? Did you rest, or did you work hard the whole off-season?

a:  Been doing a lot of resting. Trying to figure out next steps.

1. If you could choose who on the team you would be handcuffed to during a drill, who would it be?

a:  Might as well go get stuck with the Coaches.  Can't go wrong there.

1. What is your favorite pre-game ritual?

a:  A whole bunch of prayer and visualization drills.

1. Which team do you really want to get revenge on this season?

a:  Not really a revenge minded person -- but I want to beat them all.

1. What is one thing you hope changes from last year?
  2. What is one piece of advice you would want to tell our prospects still in the VHLm? If you're a prospect in the VHLm, what is one thing you wish to know from the roster players?

On 3/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Be a Jack Campbell type back up. Team first, positive lockeroom influence.

2. -

3. Resting, taking care of a wrist injury sadly.

4. Henry Tucker is the easy option here. We came up together from Minnesota.

5. Juggling for hand eyes practice.

6. -

7. Not sure I'll manage it, but I'd love to stay above .900 this season.

8. Don't let your draft position dissuade you. I got taken lower because people were worried about my TPE production. I ended up being the top ranked goalie from my draft class by the end of the season. A lot can change in a season!

On 3/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, Sixersfan594 said:

2. First few things I did was to polish up on anything I believe was left unfinished, worked on scoring and my puck handling skills. Soon I intend to work on more defense and my strength aswell.

3. I did my usual but I wanna say I rested more due to the extended offseason. Rested and healed up my body so I can be alive and kicking once it was time to get back in shape.

5. Definitely listening to music, anything to pump me up and get me rolling. During the skate around I try giving myself challenges to do like aiming in a certain area or doing a certain number of a task. Anything to get me focused and get me hyper.

6. I feel like before it was the Bears and the Dragons which we handled very well last season, this season I want to get revenge on the defending champions. Chicago.

7. I hope to change the slumps I had last season. I feel like last season there was a long stretch of time where I would get nothing on the score sheet and then maybe once in a blue moon get a point or something beneficial to the Wolves. I want to be more useful and hopefully get more time working as a center.

8. As a prospect the best thing for me to recommend would be to keep working and keep pushing. If you spend an entire season in the VHLM that's perfectly fine. Enjoy your time there and work on getting better and better each day, it's truly worth it when you push forward and get better.

On 3/22/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. I hope to play decently well and have a solid rookie year

2. Ate some pasta. Pasta is love

3. I rested. No need to go all out and burn yourself out

4. My backup goalie so I can make his life suck for the day :)

7. It already is changing but my starts have increased so im happy

8. Dont grind to hard or you'll burn out quickly. go easy

1. Actions speak louder than words so I'll just have to perform to the best of my abilities and do the talking on the ice.

2. Check who my new locker neighbours are.

3. I think there is time for both given how long the off-season is, and a healthy body and mind also needs both these things.

4. She is gone now but Venus Thightrap because... reasons.

5. I don't really have any to be honest, I have certain routines but no real rituals.

7. We win more Cups.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Hopefully as the go to guy for anything on the ice.

2. Get a feel for the game again.

3. Rested, sat on my ass and just chilled.

6. CHI for knocking us out of poffs last szn.

7. Win the cup?

8. Focus on the TPE grind and you'll be a great player in no time.

Week Ending April 4th 2021

1. How has the first week of the season treated you?
  2. Do you feel like your off-season training has paid off yet, or have you been disappointed by your start?
  3. Currently fourth in the NA conference, how do you like our playoff chances?
  4. Who on our team do you think flies under the radar with their contributions?
  5. If we were lucky enough to have an outdoor game, who would you choose as our opponent?
  6. Who on the team do you spend the most time with. 
  7. If you could take your current build and get one stat to 99 without having to use TPE, which stat would you choose and why?
  8. What type of music do you play when you take over the AUX in the locker room?

How has the first week of the season treated you?

It's been good.  Going for that slow burn process.  Let's see how it turns out.

Do you feel like your off-season training has paid off yet, or have you been disappointed by your start?

I'm just in it for the slow growth -- each week and off-season trying to get a little bit better.

Currently fourth in the NA conference, how do you like our playoff chances?

There's still a lot of time left.  I believe we can make it though with how focused the team is.

If we were lucky enough to have an outdoor game, who would you choose as our opponent?

Might as well go against the defending champions, yeah?  To be the best you got to beat the best.

Who on the team do you spend the most time with. 

Coaches.  Trying to learn how to get better and what is most needed to support the organization.

What type of music do you play when you take over the AUX in the locker room?

Hip-Hop is always my go to.  Sometimes when the others put on music I have to block it out.  

2. Do you feel like your off-season training has paid off yet, or have you been disappointed by your start?
  5. If we were lucky enough to have an outdoor game, who would you choose as our opponent?
  7. If you could take your current build and get one stat to 99 without having to use TPE, which stat would you choose and why?
  8. What type of music do you play when you take over the AUX in the locker room?

1. It was quite interesting, the team has been doing well and my scoring was decent but my +/- is in the gutter so...

2. ... there are definitely some things to work on. But I think it's too early to say what an effect my off-season training has had.

3. If we can keep up our current level of play then we should have a decent change, but it's a long season.

4. Micah Adrienne helped me a lot with my fantasy picks this season so I would say him!

7. I guess the one where I'm still the furthest away to maximize the TPE effect so... Checking?

8. Either something rocky to get people pumped up, or some chill Electro to cool down, depending on what's needed.

4 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. It could be better

2. It for sure has helped! Im happy with how im starting

3. We have a chance for sure but if we make it. It will be very tough to win it all

4. My backup has been doing very well and if he has an off night I come in to assist but hes doing great

7. Reaction Time. If I can react to a puck right off the stick nothing will go by

8. I have a team list I put together since I can listen to anything 

7 hours ago, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Pretty well! I've got a winning record so far, and I'd take that over my less than spectacular personal stats any day!

2. Well I wasn't able to do much because of a nagging wrist issue, but now that it seems to be healing I'm working on catching up on training!

3. We've got a rookie GM who is still figuring things out and each day we seem to be getting better so I'm feeling pretty good about them!

4. -

5. Toronto, but thats probably because its where I'm from.

6. Tucker, came up with him from Minnesota so I certainly have familiarity with him.

7. Leadership, clearly. But honestly probably Rebound Control to try and help count down shots against

8. 0

On 3/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. I'll be honest. Not very good. I feel like I could've contributed a bit more to the team but haven't done so, I think I'm starting to get the hang of things but there has been several games where I've been more of a reason than a helper.

2. Disappointed. I'm not afraid to say when I'm doing bad even if the team is doing good, I can do better than what I'm producing on the ice and that's a fact.

3. The season isn't over until it's over. I like our chances as we're a .500 team with good pieces but strange mixes, we can get things done and make playoffs. I truly believe in that.

4. Emerson for sure. He's a great guy and I understand the GM's intentions of making it a 50-50 season with him and Tot, he's a talented kid and showed plenty of heart last season when Spyro had his off days. 

5. As easy as it is to say D.C. or Seattle, I would want something different. Wolves versus Titans for an outdoor game. Rematch of the Season 74 Championship.

8. As much as I would pick something from my personal playlist I usually pick something everyone can get with. Whether it's a good rock song or something alternative. Most of the time I get the AUX in the locker room I put something to hype people up, pre-game rituals ya know?

On 3/29/2021 at 10:46 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. It’s treated me like a guy in the first week of his rookie season (maybe that’s the career stage Tucker’s at? Hm, might be on to something).

2. With SC at 99, thanks to a First-Gen reroll, I am relatively disappointed that I cannot make shots (only relatively?)

3. We can make the playoffs ez

4. Jivere Zolnek and Tater Tot have really been stepping up their game this year.

5. VHLM Miami

6. Tater Tot. The Minnesota connections are too strong (though I will say that I spend way too much time talking to fonzi, supposedly about build advice, but mostly about life)

7. Scoring, because you can’t score without scoring.

8. Country music, which is why no one gives me the AUX now lol

On 3/29/2021 at 8:46 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. The first week of the season was great for me. Really just enjoyed getting back into the swing of things.

2. I'm just happy to be here! My personal stats are whatever. If Vancouver is able to get any value from me being here that's great for me.

3. I love them. I'm confident we'll make it.

4. Our whole team is under the radar. I think we'll show up big time when it matters.

5. Toronto! Canada team vs Canada team. Though we might actually have more Canada teams in the league I just wouldn't know honestly.

6. Well I just got here! So I guess Kate because we both came from Toronto.

7. Fighting. Wanna drop some fools.

8. Mostly going to be hip-hop from me. Might toss some other things in there just for variety though. 

It's been really 50/50 it seems. Onde plays great some games and in others, he's been lacklustre.

1. Do you feel like your off-season training has paid off yet, or have you been disappointed by your start?

Absolutely. I feel like I've gotten stronger.

1. Currently fourth in the NA conference, how do you like our playoff chances?

I think with us moving SS Hornet and Micah, our chances have dropped a bit.

1. Who on our team do you think flies under the radar with their contributions?

Definitely some of the younger guys. Our depth is insane.

1. If we were lucky enough to have an outdoor game, who would you choose as our opponent?

Calgary since we're rivals no less.

1. Who on the team do you spend the most time with. 

Su, Tucker, Frost, Anigbogu, Sosa and more tbh. I try to be there for everyone!

1. If you could take your current build and get one stat to 99 without having to use TPE, which stat would you choose and why?

Definitely Skating!

1. What type of music do you play when you take over the AUX in the locker room?

100% that new drake good good.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, Sixersfan594 said:

1. Decent, team could be doing better though

2. Slightly disappointed started off hot but started slowing down

3. Not great

5. Seattle

6. Stallion, mates since S72

7. FO, would greatly help the team