Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

:vhlmlogo:  VHLM Finals - Presser :phi:

1) With the finals set, and Ottawa as our opponent; was Ottawa the opponent you expected to match up against?

2) How many games are you predicting the series to go?

3) Who is your current Reapers MVP?

4) Win or lose, what is your argument for Blade as possibly being GM of the year?

5) It has been an incredible season in Philly; what is your favourite moment from the season?

6) What are your expectations for season 67 whether entering the draft, returning to the Reapers, or moving on to your VHL club?

Additional questions;

7) If you could have created a player of any other position, which position would you have picked and why?

8 ) Do you feel there are enough job opportunities on VHLForum?

9) On a scale of 1-10 how important to you was having an active team Discord channel?

10) How does your player prefer to celebrate after a big win?

11) If there was a real life brand or product your player would promote, what would it be?

12) What is your top ranked childhood cereal?

1) With the finals set, and Ottawa as our opponent; was Ottawa the opponent you expected to match up against?

When I signed up as a S68 draftee, Ottawa was on top still. I did expect we would need to beat them in the finals.

Hope to be done in 5.

I like all of us equally, everyone contributes and that is the key to our success.

4) Win or lose, what is your argument for Blade as possibly being GM of the year?

Because regardless of results, she actually built a real team.

5) It has been an incredible season in Philly; what is your favourite moment from the season?

Joining them before I even had a player and already feel welcome

6) What are your expectations for season 67 whether entering the draft, returning to the Reapers, or moving on to your VHL club?

I'm entering the draft, but hope I can return to Philadelphia, it would feel weird to end up elsewhere seeing how fittingly this franchise is for Adrienne.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Additional questions;

7) If you could have created a player of any other position, which position would you have picked and why?

9) On a scale of 1-10 how important to you was having an active team Discord channel?

11) If there was a real life brand or product your player would promote, what would it be?

1. Yup, although kind of boring, having 1 vs 2 in the finals makes sense to me.

2. Reapers in 6.

3. Im gonna go with our goalie, Bjoernsson. We've only lost 1 game so far, largely due to his stellar play.

5. I only joined at the trade deadline, but I would say joining the team was a highlight for me. Everyone has been super welcoming, and coming in to a winning club and having a chance to win it all as a rookie is pretty cool.

6. I expect ill be drafted this draft, not sure where though. Next season I hope that i will be able to step up and have a big impact on the Reapers before turning pro. 

7. I think maybe a winger. Would leave a lot more TPE to pump into another stat like passing or strength rather than faceoffs lol

9 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1. You can never really expect to see someone in the finals, every team in the playoffs is a skilled group of guys with the same goal, to win the Cup.

2. Considering how skilled both teams are, I can easily see this going to 7 games.

3. I mean Frostbeard has received some high praise from me over the season. He's been an absolute machine on the ice and a leader off it. My personal vote for MVP would be him.

4. After the turnaround season we had this year compared to last, Blade absolutely deserves GM of the year for the complete 180 we took in one season. From worst to potentially first is an achievement very few could accomplish.

5. This moment right now actually, where I get to think and look back on everything this team has done this year. This is a group of guys that I have had the honor of getting to know and play with and something I will cherish for the rest of my hockey career. These guys made me into the player I am today.

6. If everything goes according to plan, I will probably move on to my VHL club after this season. The Reapers have given me a once-in-a-career opportunity to play for them and I can't thank Blade enough for everything she's done to help me grow into the player I am today. Come win or lose in the finals, this year will have been the best of my career for seasons to come, easily.

Ottawa has been a top team all season, seeing them here isn't a surprise.

Six games. It will be back and forward.

Walter has had a fantastic season and lead from the front.

She took risks to build this team, you have to reward that bravery.

Securing the top seed definitely.

I hope to be able to contribute straight away for whichever team I get drafted to.

1. Are you ready for Ottawa?
  2. How many games do you think the series will go?
  3. Are you focused on an offensive game or more so defensive?
  4. Any thoughts on the upcoming draft for the VHLM?
  5. Thoughts on the VHL Draft?
  6. Dogs or Cats?
  7. Favorite Color?
  8. Favorite pre game meal?
  9. Do you ever miss an early morning skate?
  10. Would you rather play at home or away?

I was surely thinking that we will be against Ottawa as they were and still are a truly tremendous opponent and one to fear. Individual talent on both Reapers and Lynx are super strong and all of them are coming into VHL next season, isn't that scary?

I will say 5 in favour of Philadelphia. We are already up 2:0 and I believe we will win this one, even though we might give Ottawa a game to cheer for.

Walter, one of the oldies together with me around here and I am happy to see his playoff performance be so good! He shows why he deserves to be the Nr1 Center on Philly!

I believe that Blade showed strength when other teams gained strong additions and it is quite clear that Blade without really giving away any assets gained value players to combat and fight against arming of teams like Ottawa, Saskatoon and Halifax. 

I do have to say, the first time we went to be 1st in regular season standing was truly an eye-opening moment as it showed that we are clearly meant to play together and compete on the next level!

Well, at this moment, I am quite sure Calgary is waiting for me already. It was the best possible experience I could have hoped for here in VHLM! Starting my first season in Philadelphia, getting traded to Yukon Rush and getting a bit of playoff experience while playing with the best player in VHLM in S65 Hunter Hearst Helmsley. In the end, coming back to Philly in S66 and becoming Captain of Reapers. Just amazing that I had a chance to be a part of this awesome roster. Thanks, Blade, truly.

yes, they were the team we battled with for #1 all season and it is no surprise to see them again in the finals.

5 games, im a genius.

FAT WALTER BABY LEADING THE YOFFS IN POINTS

she created the best VHLM team of all time, she deserves it 100%

winning the cup after our really rough first season. its really rewarding to win it after being there for the worst of it.

im moving up to New York and I have low expectations, I have low tpe so I will not be very good.

1) If you could have created a player of any other position, which position would you have picked and why?

I would have played forward. I started off my hockey life as a forward before switching to defense in my last few years of high school hockey, I would have likely played on a wing.

2 ) Do you feel there are enough job opportunities on VHLForum?

There is enough from what I see. It’s not hard to hit the cap without a job if you are looking for TPE.

3) On a scale of 1-10 how important to you was having an active team Discord channel?

0. I don’t go on there an understand that is the way the VHL works now, but I loved a active LR so I could view discussion from days past when I was busy and still reply without much of a hard task.

4) How does your player prefer to celebrate after a big win?

I hit up the local Dennys or IHOP if the city is in the United States or Canada. Other than that some place that is similar to those places. 

5) If there was a real life brand or product your player would promote, what would it be?

Awkward condom commercials would be great. It would be nice to be one of those guys that run into a store for Gum for hooking up, etc.

6) What is your top ranked childhood cereal?

Oreos. End of Question.

RW, its the only position I had not created yet

There is only one job I really would like to have back, and thats my old job of Welfare poster. So I hope this will be open one day.

10, it really helped me motivate myself to build Adrienne into a good player

He prays to the High One, as he has learned to do since he was a kid. 

Vatican Girl Scout Cookies

Frosties, what else!

Goalie, I've liked the idea of making that for my next guy.

I haven't looked too much into it, but from what I've heard jobs are readily available.

10, it helped me a lot to stay connected to the team as it's an affiliate league.

Glass of milk and a long nap.

Probably an ice-cream company.

Weet-Bix, staple of any Australian childhood!

Most likely defense. I don't have to worry about contributing points if I play defense. Plus, it's the second most important position in hockey.

It would be nice for there to be more job openings, but the limited amount makes it pretty competitive, so I'm fine with that.

It helped me get back online when I was losing interest, and it formed a great community within our locker room.

Celebrate with my teammates, always.

Probably a popular hockey brand like CCM since I normally use their gear.

Cap'N Crunch.

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme is the Draft and Upcoming S67, get hype! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-What did you think of the VHLM Draft? Were there any surprises for you?

2- Did you listen to the draft stream? What makes a draft interesting for you?

3- S67 is about to start with a Loaded Reaper Roster how do you feel about this?

4-Guy with the best name on our team and why.

5-How are you settling in to life in Philadelphia?

6-If you could  make one rule for the Reapers what would it be?

7- Do you eat before or after a game, best pre or post game food and why?

8-What are your personal goals for the season?

9- What VHLM team do you think will struggle at this point?

10- One things you would like to see the team do this season.

11- Most interesting fact that you know.

12-  tell me something a fan would be surprised to learn about your player!

Bonus question!

Was you player surprised to find out his GM was a Lady?

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

@FerdaJets @Jayrad28 @Spartacus @zepheter @RJMW @Shaka @Dilly Dilly @Big Mac @Benson @Ty343 @THEMARD @Psanchez55 @Green @Tophdaddy @Jayhawk @Midnite @Riggsy @Sunburst @uphillmoss

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme is the Draft and Upcoming S67, get hype! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

3- S67 is about to start with a Loaded Reaper Roster how do you feel about this?

Bonus question!

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

@FerdaJets @Jayrad28 @Spartacus @zepheter @RJMW @Shaka @Dilly Dilly @Big Mac @Benson @Ty343 @THEMARD @Psanchez55 @Green @Tophdaddy @Jayhawk @Midnite @Riggsy @Sunburst @uphillmoss

1st

1. 100% there was surprises, I didn’t expect to be drafted by this team or go this high. But they say you’re a smart GM and I believe that.

2. I came on right after I was picked and when I went back, and I remember that he called me Ciggar and asked if the name was with two g's.

3. Well I’m feeling great I’m hoping to play on the 1st or 2nd line.

4. 100% King Czar IV. Though I have a better last name.

5. Recently met the players and the GM. Then it’s gonna go off from there.

6. Not really any rules. Just that some people should have common sense. 

7. After the reason being because I believe you shouldn’t eat before playing a sport. Pasta nice steamy pasta with sauce. 

8. To have at least 40 points more than my previous player. 

9. Sadly another expansion (formerly) Team San Diego.

10. Make it to the finals, but playoffs should be a team's goal before the season imo.

11. In the 70s the NBA allowed brawls believe it or not

12. Upon being drafted he made Philadelphia a team with a consecutive season of having players from Iceland.

13(Bonus). Not at all it’s always nice to see a change in sports.

It was very  exciting, happened very fast... It all happened in a flash.

Thrilled!  I am glad to be part of this team, time to call my shots!

Bud Knight - I would share a bud with Bud.

It has been a big move but exciting..  Just settling in and grabbing that TPE when I can.   I am a huge foodie so I am trying to find the best cheesesteak in town.

No crying. 

I do both.  Pre game is lean protein and lots of carbs for that fuel.  Post game always sushi.. Depending on City of course.

Contribute as best possible in anyway possible. 

Win a second cup in a row!

My birthday is shared with one of the most badass players in the NHL.  Jumbo Joe.

9 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Bonus question!

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

1. There's always surprises, something that surprised me was Ottawa taking 3 forwards in the 1st round, and Hugh Chan falling into the 2nd round.

2. I did not listen to the draft stream... I didn't know there was one. What makes a draft interesting for me is like what happened with this NHL draft and last years, with people projected to go in the middle of the first round getting taken 3rd overall (Kotkaniemi) and 6th overall (Seider).

3. It feels really good, we have a great looking team. No offense to the Aces but its a lot better than the team I played on last season.

4. Scotty BigShotty. I don't know why but it's just really fun to say, and I hope I can play on a line with him this coming season ?

5. I got to be honest, the city life of Vegas is a bit better, but there are a lot more things to see in and around Philly, I'm having a good time so far.

6. My one rule for the Reapers would be no country music in the locker room. ?

7. I eat before and after a game, and chicken and rice is the best pre and post game too, it has everything you could want in a meal... It has chicken, and rice.

8. My personal goals, are to score goals. But seriously, I really want to be over a PPG.

9. I think that Mexico City is going to really struggle.

10. I would love to see this team win back to back championships.

11. Blue whales eat half a million calories in one mouthful, that's just fun to think about, also when they take that mouthful they burn 2,000 calories.

12. They would be surprised to learn that my player almost didn't play hockey full time, and at one point stopped playing it all together (for specific reasons).

13. Not surprised, it was nice to see a change, especially since it clearly doesn't matter as you're the best VHLM GM of S66 and probably S67!

3-S67 is about to start with a Loaded Reaper Roster how do you feel about this?

Personally I'm very excited. It was unfortunate that I hadn't been picked up by my previous team being Minnesota, but I'm glad to get a fresh start here in Philadelphia. Especially for a team coming fresh off of a cup win.

4-Guy with the best name on our team and why

King Czar IV. I like the Roman feel to it and it's pretty unique. I wonder if he's actually a King?

It hasn't been bad actually. Still need some time to get use to it but it's definitely has a more lively feel than Minnesota. It's also a bit convenient for me cause I have a cousin who lives here playing in the SBA. It'll be nice to catch up with him.

Definitely after games and I enjoy a nice steak with mashed potatoes. Gives you your protein and healthy fibers all in one sitting. I prefer after games as I feel it's the best way to recover all that energy spent on the game prior to.

Considering I didn't get to do much last season having played 13 games, I'd like to set a new best in every area of my game. I'd hope to be considered one of the top D-men in the league although I may be getting ahead of myself saying that. So I'd say that I at least get about 40 points to end the season.

Win the cup! This team was able to do it before, it would be cool to be part of winning it again as a member this time.

13 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Bonus question!

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

1. Yeah, I was picked way too damn high haha.

2. I did not. So many actives I guess.

3. Let's go win the championship.

4. Me bc me.

5. I love Philly. Love the 6ers. Love Meek Mill. It's fun.

7. During. Coke is the best during to keep your sugar levels up.

8. Win the chip.

10. Win the chip?

11. Mosquitos pee inside you when they bite you.

On 7/3/2019 at 1:39 AM, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Bonus question!

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

I am RPing as Flashback for these questions, so if my answers sound weird that’s why

1. I was surprised so many people hadn’t heard of me. A lot of people didn’t even know I was in the d*** draft. The disrespect is real.

2. Ain’t nobody got time for that

3. Well, I think you can just get rid of everyone else, because with me in net you don’t even have to score, I’ do it for you.

4. I thought it was our trainer, Sabertooth. But then I realized that he is actually a sabertooth tiger, so it’s a little bit less impressive. Besides that I don’t really know.

5. Philly is great, it’s open, and I can find everything I need. I was amazed at how easily I could find more  ̶C̶o̶c̶a̶i̶n̶ cheese steaks. Definitely not coke.

6. Sunny burst has to kneel before me

7. Sometimes I eat. Other times i smoke, or snort. Oh wait you were talking about actual food. Forgot all that other stuff.

8. I will score a goalie goal.

9. I think that Ottawa might take a step back as @Acydburn gets used to his job. But once he settles down he will turn them into a powerhouse.

10. I would like to see the reapers build my own wall of lockers, out of solid gold. Just so that everyone knows how important I am.

11. Cocain works better than coffee.

12. They would be surprised to learn that I am definitely not addicted to crack.

13. Let’s just say I got a new goal for this year

I enjoyed the draft. The live stream was a little off the rails, if I'm being honest, and I think that could be improved but tracking the pick by pick and seeing myself be taken 13th overall was fun. First time being drafted in the VHL in all these years. I was surprised at being drafted that high.

I did. I felt like they weren't very prepared, could have just had the page open on the pick by pick tracker in the Portal instead of cursing and complaining about typing the names in their own spreadsheet. It was more of that and less actual conversation happening around the teams and the players, which was disappointing. I tuned out and just watched the picks in the portal.

I'm blessed to have landed in Philly and with this cast of teammates. I'm really excited about what this team is capable of.

Condor Adrienne. It's just a great name.

Very well. The management make it easy to get informed and engaged.

Max your update every week?  haha

Gatorade, because I'm trying to get that sponsorship.

Have a quality +/- and score some points. Just want to be an impactful teammate.

I haven't seen the other rosters, yet, so it's hard to say.

Come together in the discord, have a hell of a time and go out and win another championship

On 7/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1. It was fun being picked. A surprise was being picked by Philadelphia for sure.

2. No. What makes it interesting is seeing all the trades.

3. I fell really good. I can learn from the best this season.

4. Sunny Burst.

5. Well I’m used to big cities so it’s be a smoooooooooth transition 

6. Buy me any video game I want

I expected us to draft Xander Hawley in the spot where we drafted Ian White , but with Hawley retiring I guess it was a solid choice

I tuned in to listen to hear if anything was said about me, I just forgot if there was as it was between 2 and 4 am.

Awesome ofcourse as we would love to go back-to-back

Case Martell, I had a player named Oberyn Martell before and I like to think he's related.

Trying to stay out of trouble

Everyone should post a quik 'get to know your fellow Reapers' introduction, so we know who is who on our team.

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme Outside the rink! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-The Song you listen to to get hyped on your way to a game?

2-Is it hard for you to find skates you like, do you go skate shopping alone or do you trust the trainer to take care of it?

3-Do you believe in luck? If so do you have a lucky object that you associate with playing Hockey?

4-Do you think you clean up well? Have you ever had to go to a big hockey event? Tell us about it.

5-How hard was it finding somewhere to live in Philly?

6-Name one thing that had to be located near your new house (fast food, game shop, park,tennis court, ect)

7-Reapers like to have fun, name one thing you like to do to let loose.

8-Are you most likely to break out into singing or dancing or are you running to hide in a corner?

9- Oddest thing in your vehicles trunk.

10-Who do you hang out with the most off the ice?

11-Are You a pet person? What type of pet do you have and how is it trying to take care of an animal when you are on the road so much

12-Oddest Job you've ever had that is non hockey related?

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! This Weeks Theme Outside the rink! A reminder for all our new Reapers that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

2-Is it hard for you to find skates you like, do you go skate shopping alone or do you trust the trainer to take care of it?

3-Do you believe in luck? If so do you have a lucky object that you associate with playing Hockey?

4-Do you think you clean up well? Have you ever had to go to a big hockey event? Tell us about it.

6-Name one thing that had to be located near your new house (fast food, game shop, park,tennis court, ect)

8-Are you most likely to break out into singing or dancing or are you running to hide in a corner?

11-Are You a pet person? What type of pet do you have and how is it trying to take care of an animal when you are on the road so much

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

1.The offspring, You’re gonna go far kid. That shit pumps me right up.

2.I usually let the equipment manager take care of it, I’m not too picky about skates, they get me where I need to go on the ice.

3.Absolutley, I’m one of the more superstitious guys on the team. My Lucky Chain is my good luck charm. It broke mid game last season and I went on a 10 games scoring drought until it got fixed. 

4.Oh yeah I look good in a suit. I went to the marlins Charity Gala last year, It was a pretty great event! The Dispersal Draft too, I looked fly as hell for that.

5. Really hard. I’m kinda picky about where I live though. Im actually staying with my former teammate Scotty BigShotty until I find my own place.

6. Preferably close to downtown/The arena. Makes driving a lot easier. 

7. Pranks. I love messing with Fang and Scotty especially cause they get so heated it’s hilarious. I put shaving cream in Scotty’s Shoe last weekend at a training camp and it was so funny.

8.I’m pretty outgoing so probably sing and dance I guess.

9.Nothing really weird, Just regular stuff. Baseball Bat, Bong, Giant rooster Costume, ya know the necessities 

10.On the team Prob Either Scotty or Sigard Gunnar, Me and Scotty Are buds and Sigard is a pretty cool guy.

11.Yep. I love pets especially dogs. Once I get my own place I’m gonna get a couple of them.

12.I worked at a fish and chip place in high-school and came home with grease burns and reeking like fish for a couple years. 

Edited by Jayrad28

4 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Team Tag:

GM @BladeMaiden

AGM @Jubo07

Team:

(Using these for the next two weeks eh.)

1. No song I watch goalie smarts with flashback.

2. Any skates, and that’s if it’s during practice. Not too hard to find the good ones though.

3. I play with a right tuck in the jersey. I tuck in one of the pant legs to my skate. 

4. Eh just put on something old fashioned not going to in-depth. I went to the VHLM Dispersal Draft.

5. Not too hard just got an apartment.

6. Easily has to be a near-by McDonalds

7. I like to put hamburgers in our trainer's backpack

8. I would actually break down singing Ryan started the fire. Dwight is a ten out of ten singer. 

9. I have a Big Mac and two chicken fillets.

10. I don’t know honestly. Maybe condor or flashback.

11. Easily a dog person I hate cats. I’m have a 2 month pug (sadly I actually don’t).

12. In Iceland I worked a job where I scrubbed gum off of tables.