Moscow Menace Press Conference

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

1. We are almost half way through our season and we haven't had the best performances thus far. What do you think we need to do to turn things around or do you think we can turn things around?

2. What do you do to relax in a stressful situation?

3. Who do you think is having a great season this season?

4. What is the best NHL trade from your favorite team?

5. Would you rather win 10-9 in regulation or 1-0 in over time?

6. What would Moscow's goal song would be?

1 hour ago, BrutalBoost said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

1. We are almost half way through our season and we haven't had the best performances thus far. What do you think we need to do to turn things around or do you think we can turn things around?

1 -- we are a young team so i think it just growth and our younger players clicking at the same time

2 -- listen to music

3 -- Idaho for sure -- all around best player on the team so far

4 -- getting Francis and Ulf from Hartford back in 90-91 season to win our first cup

5 -- 10-9, love me some offense

6-- Thunderstruck by AC/DC

On 8/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, BrutalBoost said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

1. Just consistent play. We need to believe in the players we have and know that it is only a matter of time before we get results.

2. Gaming/work out

3. Overall, I think Odinsson is having a really great comeback year. I follow Malmo pretty closely, so to see what him and the Nighthawks are doing is pretty special.

4. The last time the Leafs won a trade was like 5 years ago when they got Hyman for McKegg.. They haven't been good trading lol..

5. Win is a win.. I think the LR would be happier with a bigger scoresheet though lol.

6. I googled Russian Goal Songs... any of those would do lol..

On 8/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, BrutalBoost said:

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

I think in general our team just hasn't been able to show what we can do, and I think it might just be that this group isn't a winning one.

I think about hockey

Odinsson has been incredible

I assume you mean this year, and in that case, the Viktor Arvidsson trade

10-9 in regulation, I probably had a good night

The USSR anthem

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

1. We just need to be more consistent. Different players on the team get hot and cold and we need to work on having a more steady performance.

2. Listen to music or play video games.

3. Idaho and Atreides are both having great seasons.

4. The trade to get Kessel from the Maple Leafs.

5. 1-0 in overtime. Defense is underrated.

6. Rock n Roll Part 2 

Honestly I think we need to build toward next season. Everyone will have a strong off season and we'll continue to develop into a contender for multiple seasons.

Decaf earl grey sitting on a deck in front of a wood fire. During game play I usually lose my cool and take bone headed penalties. 

Jaromir Lemiuex is lighting it up. He'll be a big part of our success going forward. 

Bertuzzi for Luongo. It made the Canucks a strong team for years. Was even more special to see Luongo win gold in Vancouver.

10-9 in regulation as a hockey fan. 1-0 as a fan of good team defense.

Something Russian. With a quick google search I came up with Moscow Nights - The Alexandrov Ensemble.

Press Conference

Week Ending 8/15

1. We just need to stop partying the day before a game, were showing up to games hungover and it hasn't been working out in our favour.

2.  I spark up a a joint and the stress just dissapears.

3.Moreau has been a solid addition and has been almost a PPG player for us since his arrival. 

4.Recently, that Paccioretty trade is starting to look good now that Suzuki is taking the next step.  The Fleishmann/Weise return worked out very well too for the habs. 

5. I'd rather win 1-0 in OT and give our goaltender a shutout. Plus defensively it shows that you've been doing everything right if the opponent can't score a goal.

6. Ra-ra rasputin?

More consistent goalscoring, more consisent defense

Put on some Dillinger Escape Plan album

Jaromir Lemiuex is having a good rookie season, such a good addition to the team!

15 million cash and some players for Gretzky

10-9 , Idaho needs the points

Ra Ra Rasputin, Russia's greating goal scoring machine!

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1. This week is the Theme Week and the topic is VHL Awards. What is your thought on that topic, is it good, bad? Are you going to do anything for the Theme Week?

2. Along with the Theme Week it is also a trade dead line coming up. Do you think we should make some trades and if so who, position or player, you want to see added or traded to the team?

3.  The VHL is putting on another suggestion drive. So, what would you like to see change either in VHL in general or in our Locker Room?

4. There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there. Do you believe any of them? If so which one or what is the one conspiracy theory that you would most likely believe could be true?

5. If you would to get 1 Free Reroll on your player today and keep all of your TPA. What would you change about your player and why?

6. If your punishment was to play one video game over and over and over for the rest of your life. What video game would you choose and why? (Even though I already got over 10k hours in Arma 3 I would still probably play it)

12 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1. This week is the Theme Week and the topic is VHL Awards. What is your thought on that topic, is it good, bad? Are you going to do anything for the Theme Week?

I don't really have much of an opinion on it. No.

2. Along with the Theme Week it is also a trade dead line coming up. Do you think we should make some trades and if so who, position or player, you want to see added or traded to the team?

I don't want to see guys go, but it's a necessary evil if we want to win anytime soon.

3.  The VHL is putting on another suggestion drive. So, what would you like to see change either in VHL in general or in our Locker Room?

I'm not sure, I think it's fine now, but the suggestions are probably pretty darn good.

4. There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there. Do you believe any of them? If so which one or what is the one conspiracy theory that you would most likely believe could be true?

No I don't really believe in any.

5. If you would to get 1 Free Reroll on your player today and keep all of your TPA. What would you change about your player and why?

I would boost my passing and lower my scoring. Assist are easier to get than goals, so doubling my assist totals is better than doubling my goal totals.

6. If your punishment was to play one video game over and over and over for the rest of your life. What video game would you choose and why? (Even though I already got over 10k hours in Arma 3 I would still probably play it)

SSBU

11 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1 -- it is an ok topic, good if you follow the VHL closely but bad if you dont -- i will probably just write about rookie of the year

2 -- i think we are good for now, just need to get another season or two of growth under our belt

3 -- adding a season pass like the sba does

4 -- aliens are living among us

5 -- maybe just lower passing a bit and put into puck handling and/or skating

6 -- nhl 94 cause its the mecca of hockey games

19 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1. I don't mind it. I think it's fairly easy for everyone to do and get involved in. Not sure if it's going to be very game-changing, but at least we will see a boost in activity.

2. I think we stay the course. We aren't really competing, and there's no reason to compromise our future for a temporary gain. Spartan did a great job acquiring Frank already this season, no need to add more.

3. I personally think the free 12 for affiliates is a little much.

4. I don't put too much weight into conspiracy theories. I've definitely been down the rabbit hole a few times. Nothing I believe in passionately though lol.

5. I would take that Discipline our of my game.. 

6. My most time played is probably PUBG at around 1k.. But if I could go back to the prime days of it, I would play it forever..

On 8/17/2021 at 5:58 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1. Personally I think it is good to be involved in the VHL and to think of new plans to introduce fun! As for my participation in the theme week! I don't have a lot of time right now, so I don't think.
2. Matty Fire may be a good future prospect for the team.
3. I think an improvement in the image of the forum could be interesting like seeing more than just stats to see the whole team playing rather than just writing.  
4. I don't really believe in conspiracy theories.
5. For the moment, I see a good improvement of my player, so I don't have any modification to do on this one.
6. NHL 22 because I love field hockey so much.

Edited by Agito

On 8/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

I completed a graphic for theme week, has yet to be accepted. I really hope it gets accepted because I won't have time to fix it if it's declined.

I don't know enough about the teams needs to say who we should trade for.

I'd like there to be a VHLM all star game. I think it would be really fun and exciting and add a rewarding side to the league.

I don't believe in any conspiracy theories.

I would give my player better scoring.

I would pick either Skyrim or the NHL franchise.

Theme week is a pretty meh ritual but at least it gives us a topic for a point task. Especially if you're running out of ideas. I did a little banner for Mikko Lahtinen as a member of Moscow.

I think we stand pat unless there is a player who will help us for Seasons to come. That or sell of any pending UFAs.

I've left thus to the last possible second but I plan on sharing my ideas by tomorrow. 

4. There are a lot of conspiracy theories out there. Do you believe any of them? If so which one or what is the one conspiracy theory that you would most likely believe could be true?

Most recent conspiracy theories have been either too stupid to believe, or crumble once you starr to use a bit of deductive reasoning. 

I think I would remove a few points from passing and add to both puck handling and skating. Put depreciation will allow me to adjust this in future seasons.

6. If your punishment was to play one video game over and over and over for the rest of your life. What video game would you choose and why? 

i guess I'd play warzone, since the games are long and not much happens. Not sure I'd enjoy it for that long though. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 8/22

1. I dont usually like theme week because it limits my writting to a specific subject. I'll attempt to put out a media spot for it anyways as I always do, but I don't know how much thoughts is gonna go into it.

2. This season hasn't been a good one so far. It looks like we're missing the playoffs so maybe we're gonna be sellers  this year who knows. I don't think anyone is safe and I imagine Moscow fans are going to want results or a change somewhere eventually. 

3. I dont really know, plan more get togethers ether it's to play or game or something else. 

4. Is aliens a conspiracy anymore? Because I think they're out there somewhere. Some of the theories behind the twin towers collapsing make some sense too (ex: bombs at the base going off causing the collapse) 

5. I would not spend as much tpe on strength and put it towards skating instead. 

6. I've logged an embarassing amount of hours playing the Civilization franchise, so that one would be very likely. 

Press Conference (Week Ending 8/29)

1. We've officially been eliminated from the playoffs. What do you think went wrong this season?

2. We acquired Kevin King from London at the trade deadline, what do you think he can contribute to the lineup?

3. We will be playing in the draft lottery tournament, but Toronto has our first round pick this season. How will you play in the tournament knowing that the better we do, the better our pick could be for a different team?

4. Since we won't be in the playoffs, which team(s) and/or player(s) will you be rooting for in the playoffs? Will you shift your focus to watch the M playoffs?

5. Our offseason will begin next week, as playoffs start on Monday. What will you start focusing on for improvement, so we can avoid missing out on playoffs next season?

6. If you had to pick a team MVP for this past season, who would it be?

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

1. We've officially been eliminated from the playoffs. What do you think went wrong this season?

I think that a lot of the guys on the team just weren't ready, and weren't playing to their full potential, myself included

2. We acquired Kevin King from London at the trade deadline, what do you think he can contribute to the lineup?

I think he adds great scoring, and hopefully he boost the teams production

3. We will be playing in the draft lottery tournament, but Toronto has our first round pick this season. How will you play in the tournament knowing that the better we do, the better our pick could be for a different team?

Well, i'll try my hardest, but I won't be pleased if we win

4. Since we won't be in the playoffs, which team(s) and/or player(s) will you be rooting for in the playoffs? Will you shift your focus to watch the M playoffs?

Not really rooting for anyone, just trying to get better

5. Our offseason will begin next week, as playoffs start on Monday. What will you start focusing on for improvement, so we can avoid missing out on playoffs next season?

I think I need to pick up my scoring rate and start to bring in the points

Definitely Steiner

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. We had too many 1 goal losses. We easily could have made the playoffs but we struggled in clutch time.

2. Leadership as a veteran.

3. I always play as hard as I can regardless of the situation

4. I honestly don't follow any teams unless I'm on them so I won't be following the playoffs

5. Consistency. I had a lot of good games but also a lot of bad ones so I need to be more consistent with my performance.

6. Easy. Duncan Idaho. 

14 hours ago, Spartan said:

1 -- young team compared to a lot of the other teams in the league, we should see a good leap next season

2 -- depth and leadership

3 -- it is what it is with the pick but i am still going out and showing Moscow what i can do as a player

4 -- probably will not pay attention to much if any of the playoffs in either league

5 -- better all around play -- skating, passing, handling, etc

6 -- Idaho

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. Maybe how the lines were formed. 
2. Every player has a hidden potential, you just have to find it and use it at its best in order to compete for a good playing experience to have a good season.
3. I think we should trust the players we already have and not think about the players we don't have.
4. Despite their ranking, the Las Vegas Aces team is still in the playoffs! I think you have to see this team and cheer them on.
5. We need to exploit the TPE mode, which brings a lot of tpe and experience.
6. I think Duncan Idaho is an excellent candidate for the team's best player for this season. 

I think it went as expected. Our players need more development time. Hoping for better results next season. 

Hopefully he makes us a little stronger for next season and finds a home on the top two lines.

Considering the pick was traded for my player, I hope we go undefeated. Moreau will be playing his heart out. 

I'll be rooting for Los Angeles since they seem like a team that has had shitty sim luck. Also our GM's player is there, Alex Letang. @Spartan

Get scoring to 99. Then get puck handling and skating as high as possible.

Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath  his player did it all this season. Offensively, defensively and physically. I think he'll win at least one Boulet in the next two seasons. 

On 8/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, Spartan said:

1.More like what didn't go wrong? We didn't get to meet expectations this year and failed to improve over last season, if we knew exactly what went wrong we probably wouldn't be in this situation.

2. He's another veteran forward that should bring experience to our young team. 

3.I'll just go get myself ejected from every game not worth playing to give another team a better selection.

4. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wranglers do some damage this year. 

5. I'm not too sure, probably my puck handling as it needs to be refined a bit. Else than that i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong with my player. 

6. Idaho hands down. 

1. We've officially been eliminated from the playoffs. What do you think went wrong this season?  We lost too many games

2. We acquired Kevin King from London at the trade deadline, what do you think he can contribute to the lineup? I think King is an excellent addition and will provide a nice offensive touch for us next season.

3. We will be playing in the draft lottery tournament, but Toronto has our first round pick this season. How will you play in the tournament knowing that the better we do, the better our pick could be for a different team? Still going all out, you cant play too lose

4. Since we won't be in the playoffs, which team(s) and/or player(s) will you be rooting for in the playoffs? Will you shift your focus to watch the M playoffs? Malmo Nighthawks will have my support, it would be nice seeing Adrienne's team winning another cup.

5. Our offseason will begin next week, as playoffs start on Monday. What will you start focusing on for improvement, so we can avoid missing out on playoffs next season? Not sure, maybe fighting :D

6. If you had to pick a team MVP for this past season, who would it be? Philip Stein,64 assists as a forward is no easy feat!

PC Questions
Week Ending on 9/5

1. Prediction, who is winning it all this season?
2. Since VHLE starting this coming season, what is your favorite VHLE name and a logo?

3. A side from hockey, do you follow any other sport and if so which one?

4. With the playoffs and the off season comes WJHC. Are you part taking in that or think will be part taking in that? If so, which team you are hoping to be in? If not, what team you supporting or going to be watching?
5. If you could go anywhere in the world right now and it didn't cost you anything. Where would you want to go and why?
6. What is your favorite type of chicken sauce?