Moscow Menace Press Conference

Giving the guys a breather this week. 

Presser Questions for my beloved team mates. 

1. The season has started and we've opened it up with a hell of a run. How does it feel to finally have a winning record?

2. Who on your team has surprised you the most with their good play so far? (btw the answer should be idaho he's killing it)

3. Which one of our many offseason additions have impressed you the most? 

4. Name a tune you are finding yourself jamming out to lately?

5. Does the Moscow Menace have a mascot? Seriously I don't know i'm asking here. If not create an idea for one.

6. Are you a fan of any other sport other than hockey? If so I want to know what your into!

Edited by Seabass

1. The season has started and we've opened it up with a hell of a run. How does it feel to finally have a winning record?

Coming from Warsaw, was definitely used to having a winning record! Good to see it continuing here in Moscow!

2. Who on your team has surprised you the most with their good play so far? (btw the answer should be idaho he's killing it)

The answer should be Duncan Idaho so Duncan Idaho! With 30 points already it is a real good start!

I hope myself but I don't know. My +/- is negative for the first time in many seasons but over a point per game is nice

Bitter Taste by Billy Idol. Was really good live too!

5. Does the Moscow Menace have a mascot? Seriously I don't know i'm asking here. If not create an idea for one.

Hmm. Something menacing I guess. A russian bear?

6. Are you a fan of any other sport other than hockey? If so I want to know what your into!

Yes! Baseball and Basketball are definitely my top 2. Football would be 3 and Hockey/Soccer likely tied for 4th?

21 hours ago, Seabass said:

This is my rookie season and it feels great to be one of the top teams right off the bat.

Um probably RaRa Rasputin with his amazing goaltending play lately.

Well obviously RaRa Rasputin but I'd throw myself into consideration.

Curly J - Bag Different 1.0/2.0/3.0

I don't think they have a mascot but our mascot should be a menacing Slavic warrior.

I'm a fan of hockey, baseball, soccer, basketball, football, rugby, and a tiny bit of golf.

Feels great, hopefully we can maintain first place in the standings. Also nice that we've beaten Malmo twice. 

Idaho is killing it but I kind of expected that. I think Stein is playing just as well and deserves equal praise. 

I think Rasputin has allowed us to win games we wouldn't have won last season. Good goaltending is what makes the difference. We're also set up for the future with Emeritus taking over next season.

I love listening to Simon and Garfunkel. I've found myself playing their music more frequently in the drive to and from work.

We do not, but if we did his name should be something intimidating. Also he should be an exact duplicate of our logo. Maybe he could be like the Burger King mascot and we'll call him food poisoning or IBS.

I follow baseball as well but I'm primarily into hockey. 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:12 AM, Seabass said:

1. Feels awesome, this is what we worked for!

2. Its definitly myself. Ive received multiple tags from spart for my play

3. Lexi Glass has done great for us

4. 10000 luchtbalonnen , magnificent song really

5. I thought victor was the mascot

6. Soccer, football, formula 1 i all like to watch. And the olympics

On 9/29/2021 at 8:12 PM, Seabass said:

1. Feels great. We can get used to this!

2. Is Idaho's success a surprise? I think we all knew it was just a matter of time before he started dominating. I think Markov has had a really nice start to the season, as an understated depth player. Our top guys are playing to what we expect them to play - which is why we are seeing success finally!

3. Rara was such a big acquisition. I think Papa will be ready soon, but as a stop gap solution this was a brilliant play.

4. We hit a lot of old CCR on our road trip through Western Canada... Was the first time in a while and it slapped pretty hard.

5. I agree with Frank, make it the Burger King Mascot.....

6. Golf Baseball Basketball Football. I don't follow the others as much as hockey.

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/10

1. We've been having a pretty great start to the season. Do you think we will carry this into the playoffs and win the cup?

2. We are currently #1 in our conference. Who do you think is out biggest rival in our conference?

3. Vancouver Wolves are sitting in #1 overall rank. Do you think we will surpass them?

4. What is your personal goal for this season, what would you like to accomplish?

5.  Philip Stein @IHateBobNutting is sitting in #1 for point leaders. Do you think he will continue sitting at #1 spot or will Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath will catch up to him?

6. What's your favorite movie for road trips? 

1. We've been having a pretty great start to the season. Do you think we will carry this into the playoffs and win the cup?

I think we have a good shot. We have a really deep team at every position and I think anything is possible once we get in.

2. We are currently #1 in our conference. Who do you think is out biggest rival in our conference?

Malmo easily. We've been really good against them this season hopefully we can keep it up. Also hopefully that's a good sign for our playoff match ups. 

3. Vancouver Wolves are sitting in #1 overall rank. Do you think we will surpass them?

I'm surprised they have been as good as they have. The sim seems to love they're players this season especially when you look at their goal differential and their team tpa. 

4. What is your personal goal for this season, what would you like to accomplish?

I just want us to win a cup or two while I'm here. As for personal goals. Capturing the Beketov this season would be nice but I don't think that's likely.

5.  Philip Stein @IHateBobNutting is sitting in #1 for point leaders. Do you think he will continue sitting at #1 spot or will Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeathwill catch up to him?

I think Idaho will catch him but Stein is providing insane value for his tpa. Much like what a lot of Vancouver players are doing.

Up in the Air it's well acted and written. It also features a ton of flying so that's relevant.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:31 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/10

5.  Philip Stein @IHateBobNutting is sitting in #1 for point leaders. Do you think he will continue sitting at #1 spot or will Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath will catch up to him?

1. I'm pretty confident we can, we got a good crew here this year and I think we're gonna go far.

2.Malmo obviously, theyre the returning champs and are the closest to us in the standings. 

3. Maybe, but I feel like they're in the weaker conference so maybe not.

4.I'd like to hit the 50 point mark, almost there!

5. I don't know they're both having good years. Stein has been stellar though and there no indication that he'll let up anytime soon.

6. Slapshot hands down

We can only hope so, the cup is the ultimate goal for any hockey player!

Ourselves, it doesn't matter who we play, because if we don't bring our a game, anyone can and will beat us. We are our own worst enemy.

Probably not, with the Phoenix being on a 24 game win streak or so, they will be the ones on top at the end.

I would lke to be nominated for the Boulet trophy and win a cup.

Stein is insane this year, I hope he will remain on top

Mallrats, Clerks, that kind of movies, a good laugh :)

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/17
I know I am late, shhhhhhhh

1. Its yet another theme week. This time it about life after VHL. What would your life after VHL look like?

2. We have acquired a couple of new(ish) prospects. First we re-signed Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v and second we acquired Jlloyid Blloyoiderson @Cxsquared. What is your thoughts on those signings?

3. Any other trades you would like to see before the trade deadline?

4. Prediction time. NHL pre-season is soon to end and regular season to begin. Do you think Ovi is going to have another great season like he did last year?

5. Philip Stein been knocked out as the point leader. Who is going to reclaim that throne?

6. What is your favorite cereal?

Yes of course! Got to have confidence!!

I would probably say Malmo is our biggest rival right now.

It will be tough but again, have to have confidence so yes we will!

I would love to finish this season with a point per game!

5.  Philip Stein @IHateBobNutting is sitting in #1 for point leaders. Do you think he will continue sitting at #1 spot or will Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeathwill catch up to him?

I think Stein keeps the lead but it will be close in the end!

I would probably say White Chicks. Most quotable movie ever! 

1. Its yet another theme week. This time it about life after VHL. What would your life after VHL look like?

For Moreau, I suspect he will drink a ton.of beer and just let himself go. He'll probably end of lioking like Claude Julien or Ken Hitchcock.

2. We have acquired a couple of new(ish) prospects. First we re-signed Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v and second we acquired Jlloyid Blloyoiderson @Cxsquared. What is your thoughts on those signings?

Always nice to have more warm bodies. Hopefully they become steals and stay active. That would extend or window even further.

I always want us to improve but I don't think we have any cap space. Any move would probably be lateral at this point.

4. Prediction time. NHL pre-season is soon to end and regular season to begin. Do you think Ovi is going to have another great season like he did last year?

Hope so, I'm predicting another 40 goal season. Hoping he breaks Gretzky's goal scoring record before he calls it quits.

5. Philip Stein been knocked out as the point leader. Who is going to reclaim that throne?

The only correct answer is Duncan Idaho. Hopefully a Menace player can take the lead, it'll be tough though.

Can't stand cereal, especially with Milk. Next question please.

On 10/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/17

2. We have acquired a couple of new(ish) prospects. First we re-signed Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v and second we acquired Jlloyid Blloyoiderson @Cxsquared. What is your thoughts on those signings?

1. I hope Markinson invests all his money and can just retire in peace.

2. Hopefully they can turn out for us! I know when we start hitting max cap those sleeper guys are what we need!

3. I like our chances with the team we have.

4. I do. I'd love to see him break the goals record.

5. Idaho

6. Corn Pops

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/24

1. Who would you say keeps the locker room motivated and who is the locker room clown?

2.  What do you think of your ice time? Do you have enough, not enough? And if that would to change, how would it affect your player?

3. Where is your go to vacation for after season?

4. What is your ideal jersey number and why?

5. What is your best moment with Moscow?

6. Have you ever gone to a NHL regular season game? If, so what was your first/best game you went to?

Actually wrote the story about what happens to Duncan in the dune books :) 

2. We have acquired a couple of new(ish) prospects. First we re-signed Leroy Johnson @Vkobe-v and second we acquired Jlloyid Blloyoiderson @Cxsquared. What is your thoughts on those signings?

Kobe is a goat, love having him on our team for a longer time!  Also nice to see what cx can bring to the team. 

Not really, I think we have a great team. 

I love Ovechkin, so I hope he can continue his dominance for a while

Duncan Idaho is the name you are looking for.

The one with tony the tiger.

1. Who would you say keeps the locker room motivated and who is the locker room clown?

I would have to go with Spartan, he is a solid and funny guy. So is OD though but I don't want Spartan to cut me.

2.  What do you think of your ice time? Do you have enough, not enough? And if that would to change, how would it affect your player?

Seems right. Always like having ice time but hockey is tough you can't play a full 60 minutes.

Miami beach baby! Got to love the got sun and the beach!

100 is 3 numbers were allowed and I would make the jersey number the 100 emoji.

I have had some hat tricks recently so I have to say those, it is good to help the team!

6. Have you ever gone to a NHL regular season game? If, so what was your first/best game you went to?

Yes I have been to a few Bruins games in my life. First I believe was against Tampa Bay a long time ago and recent was also a long time ago against the Coyotes.

On 10/21/2021 at 7:19 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/24

1. For motivation, probably myself I suppose. Usually the first one to react to daily sims. For humor, I think a few different people provide that, from Phil Stein, to Sam, to Tristan. 

2. Well, I'd love to lace up for Moscow but that may come in due time. In Minnesota though, I've been glued to the first line so I'm pretty happy with it!

3. I like to hang out in Pittsburgh, they've got some pretty nice areas and places to hang out around the city, so I prefer to spend some time there.

4. In football, I generally go 7 if I'm a quarterback, 90 on defense. But hockey may have to be 81, it's the number I generally pick for my BAP's in chel.

5. Probably winning the Victory Cup in S76, we had a great team and the vibes were immaculate. 

6. I've only been to one NHL game, and that was back in 2009 I think, a Devils/Panthers game I think, and we were given first row tickets. I have bought tickets to a Devils/Penguins game early 2022, so that should be a great time!

@Spartan keeps us active in the locker room, by threatening to withhold food. We have a lot of guys who think they're funny. 

I think the lines have been pretty balanced. Although Moreau's line has more trouble 5v5 defending, from what I can see. Whatever helps the team win ice time has never been something I look at, i either earn more or I don't.

I'll be going to beach and sipping on Pina Coladas as the sun sets.

Always liked the number 6 or 2 as a defenseman.

This season since we lead our conference. But I suspect I'll have way more favourite moments in the future.

I've been to about 15 or so in my life. My first was when I was 9 years old. I watched Markus Naslund take a wrister from almost below the goal line and score on Buffalo. I think Vancouver beat them 8-2 that game.

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/24

1. Gotta say Spartan keeps things goin - n0body was the clown but he no more.

2. I’m happy with my role. I think whatever I can do to contribute to a win is all that matters.

3. Mexico

4. Markinson is 5 only for the gfx render. I used to always take 10 in hockey.

5. Probably my Rookie season. Securing ROTY was so far the top moment of Markinson’s career.

6. I’ve been to a couple. My first Leaf game was pretty cool - there were three fights in the game.

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/24

1. It starts at the top with our GM, as for the clown I thing Tristan still has that title even though he's not playing for us no more

2. I think i've been getting steady ice time now and it's done wonders for me as Ive been having a career year with the added minutes.

3. I go back home to northern ontario. It's hard to take any foreign vacation right now.

4. My jerseynumber is 37 which is a random number for me, I only selected it because 69 was already taken of course.

5. This season right here is my best moment so far. We're basically a lock for the playoffs and this will be the first time I make the post season, very exciting stuff.

6. No sadly I haven't due to working pretty heavy hours. I would really love to one day experience one.

The locker room remains motivated due to us all playing extremely well, Spartan is definitly the clown. He drafted me right :D

It's not enough, I need more, nothing seems to satisfy, again

I don't want it, I just need it

To feel, to breathe , to know i'm alive...

Planet Caladan, always good to go home.

19, as it's the amount of Sardaukar i killed single handedly in a fight.

Winning the rookie of the year trophy.

Never been to one, it's not really close by :D

On 10/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 10/17

I know it's a old presser, but i didn't answer it.

1. After a pro hockey career i'd probably just buy a truck to convert into a overlander and just bum around and travel North America and do a lot of fishing. 

2. It's great we have a young team and even though were competing now, we've still got young talent to develop such as these guys so I think we're going to be a solid team for years to come. 

3. Not really I think we're gelling pretty good right now and we don't have that much cap space at play. 

4. Well he seems to be, can he keep it up? I sure hope so because he has to make up for some lost time (covid) in order to beet Gretzky's record.

5. Well Idaho ending up finishing the year as our top point getter and I think he was expected to in a sense at the beginning of the season. The guy is phenomenal and is probably the most talented guy on the team. Don't get me wrong though Stein had a hell of a year too and is largely responsible for our team's success coming out of the gate this season. We're just lucky to have two 100+ point guys that are really on their A game and i'm excited to see what they can do in the post season. 

6. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I admit, I'm not much of a cereal guy.