Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. Moving past the first round as swiftly as we did. And my first vhl goal of course?

2. riga for me, always root for the team that knocked you out

3. Yeah I’d do it why not. Black for sure fine tip permanent sharpie

4. I have not I don’t really have a whole lot of time on my plate 

5. Driver all the way I don’t play golf but it’s my favourite one

6. I haven’t been tbh, look for players with steady and consistent growth, then have a chat to see if there long term. Hope we get some gems though!

NEW QUESTIONS

1. S70 Draft is incoming. Do you think Beketov is the clear 1oa? If you were a GM, would you do anything besides picking him at 1oa?

2. What do you think the primary color of the Prague Phantoms is? Black? Blue? Purple? Pink? If you had to choose ONE color to represent them, what is it?

3. Are you following the NFL football scene? I think it's their playoffs, are you caught up in the drama of it?

4. What are your personal targets for S70 in terms of sim stats? Whether it's a goal/assist/point total or maybe even some PIMs or hits. Jaguar had like 2 fights last season so I'm hoping I can somehow improve on that.

5. Moscow had a few cap casualties after S69. We will miss our former teammates patpou and poptart, give them a word of thanks for their time and service to Moscow pls & ty.

6. Moscow will have a couple rookies on our roster this year, aye my name is jeff and fever95. What kind of rookie hazing do you have in mind for our new boys?

1. S70 Draft is incoming. Do you think Beketov is the clear 1oa? If you were a GM, would you do anything besides picking him at 1oa?

Corco so we can rename a team to Vasteras.

2. What do you think the primary color of the Prague Phantoms is? Black? Blue? Purple? Pink? If you had to choose ONE color to represent them, what is it?

Lean.

3. Are you following the NFL football scene? I think it's their playoffs, are you caught up in the drama of it?

no, but congratulations to Patriots and Ravens. and to the Saints as well.

4. What are your personal targets for S70 in terms of sim stats? Whether it's a goal/assist/point total or maybe even some PIMs or hits. Jaguar had like 2 fights last season so I'm hoping I can somehow improve on that.

trying to not get below 1 PPG.

5. Moscow had a few cap casualties after S69. We will miss our former teammates patpou and poptart, give them a word of thanks for their time and service to Moscow pls & ty.

I'm not gonna miss Poptart because he's our goalie now mwahahaaa.

6. Moscow will have a couple rookies on our roster this year, aye my name is jeff and fever95. What kind of rookie hazing do you have in mind for our new boys?

taking all the points from jeff and taking as much PIMs as possible so fever can suffer in PK.

Edited by hedgehog337

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. For sure, Bek is a great guy and very reliable, no one else I would pick.

2. I think Purple, if I had to choose Blue would be dope.

3. Oh hell ya haha, Ravens lost, and the Chiefs throwing it up.

4. Improve on my goals, maybe get to 50-70 range this year.

5. Yessir, I love you KCCO

6. Hey that's me, don't haze me please.

I don't know much about the draft class, but that seems like safe bet.

Purple.

Yes, I am. My Bills lost but I'm pulling for the 49ers now.

I want to win a championship with this team.

Patpou and I came up together since the draft and were defensive partners, I hope he succeeds elsewhere.

Cellphone up the butt.

1. Yeah bek is a great player he’ll do very well

2. Black like their souls?

3. I am not I don’t follow dumb sports

4. 20 goals 30 assists for me

5. Thanks for giving us a solid run in the plofs.

6. I’m gonna haze @Aye my name jeffso bad that’ll it’ll force him to play better then my rookie season

On 1/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. Yeah, Beketov is great. Very deserving of first overall.

2. Black maybe?

3. Enough to know that the Titans advanced.

4. It will be my rookie season so I know I won’t put up numbers like I did in the VHLM. I just hope I can contend for ROTY.

5. Thanks for your time and service although I didn’t really get a chance to know you.

6. One of those are me, don’t haze me too badly. ?

1. S70 Draft is incoming. Do you think Beketov is the clear 1oa? If you were a GM, would you do anything besides picking him at 1oa?

I mean yeah that's the easy pick, I might try to look for a hidden gem. Seems as though that'd be more satisfying as a GM.

Purple I guess?

Not much, I'm a Packers fan so I'm stoked on how well their season has gone/is going. Even then I've followed football less and less recently.

Same goal as last season, I'd like to go a point per game.

Sorry to see you go boys, take it easy on us when we play you yeah?

6. Moscow will have a couple rookies on our roster this year, aye my name is jeff and fever95. What kind of rookie hazing do you have in mind for our new boys?

Not really into hazing, maybe just make them wear some dusty gear for warmups.

On 1/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1) Beketov as a member of blue team and been here since S1 is as sure of a thing as you can get, so yes he is clear #1

2) Black, but if I had to choose I would pick pink

3) Big NFL fan of the Eagles obviously. Playoffs were awesome in the wild card and divisional rounds, but the championship games weren't as exciting

4) Teach a point per game and have Moscow win a cup

5) I will miss both of them, especially my boy Poptart who came with me from Davos and told me how great poptarts are

6) Drop them off in Malmo and take away their phone and wallet

On 1/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, gorlab said:

NEW QUESTIONS

1. I would have to imagine that's how it usually goes with people of gear importance to the league.

2. I would have to say black. it's the main with purple and blue secondary.

3. I do and I am. It's nice to see some fresh teams there. Seeing New England lose was wonderful

4.  At this point for me. I'll be happy with 50pts but it's more about being a important piece that can help take us to the next level. So, whatever I have to do. I'll do it.

5. We've lost some good mates no doubt. But I wish them nothing but the best. They're all class acts and will make their respective teams better.

6. No hazing round here. I'm team dad at this point. You're all welcome here and I can't wait to see what y'all can bring to this great franchise.

******** NEW QUESTIONS ************

1. Did you watch the VHL entry draft? Do you think any player went too high or slipped too low?

2. Who is the biggest European competition this season? Is it hedgehog and why?

3. How do you think victor and eagles did in the S70 draft for Moscow?

4. Do you tape your stick heel-to-toe or toe-to-heel, and do you do any like zebra designs or anything cool with the knob/shaft? (pause)

5. What one individual stat do you have as a target for yourself over the course of the S70 reg. season? (goals, assists, hits, pims, etc.)

6. Do you brush your teeth before bed, or when you wake up in the morning, or both? How often do you floss your teeth? Oral health is important. 

36 minutes ago, gorlab said:

1. Did you watch the VHL entry draft? Do you think any player went too high or slipped too low?

4. Do you tape your stick heel-to-toe or toe-to-heel, and do you do any like zebra designs or anything cool with the knob/shaft? (pause)

5. What one individual stat do you have as a target for yourself over the course of the S70 reg. season? (goals, assists, hits, pims, etc.)

6. Do you brush your teeth before bed, or when you wake up in the morning, or both? How often do you floss your teeth? Oral health is important. 

1. I didn’t watch it. I didn’t really pay attention to this draft class so I don’t know if anyone went too high or low ?

2. I would say Riga would be the biggest competition because they seem like they have a strong team.

3. It looks like they did good but I didn’t pay attention to this draft so much.

4. I tape from heel to toe and no designs on the knob ?

5. I hope to get over 100 hits and enough points to be in contention for ROTY.

6. Before bed and I floss with floss sticks.

1. Unfortunately I didn’t pay any attention to it.

2. I think riga will be a tough out.

3. I think they did pretty well!

4. Heel to toe for sure. Nothing fancy. Just a normal grip with finger grips on the knob.

5. 20 assists would be awesome for me.

6. I brush my teeth before bed every night. I don’t floss but I do have an electric tooth brush so that makes up for it?

1. Did you watch the VHL entry draft? Do you think any player went too high or slipped too low?

Nope I'm lucky to find time to even update every week. I'm only aware of the guys we picked up.

2. Who is the biggest European competition this season? Is it hedgehog and why?

Honestly I don't think the rest of Europe stands a chance against us.

I think Victor is always really solid at drafting, and I don't think we really have a huge need for any particular role. So honestly anyone who just stays active is a dub.

I only tape just the tip of the knob.

5. What one individual stat do you have as a target for yourself over the course of the S70 reg. season? (goals, assists, hits, pims, etc.)

Upping my goals, I'm pretty well rounded right now but I'd like to break out as a sniper a bit.

6. Do you brush your teeth before bed, or when you wake up in the morning, or both? How often do you floss your teeth? Oral health is important. 

I brush my teeth before and after but I could not be bothered to floss. 24 and no cavities yet so I guess I'm doing something right.

Some lil out of the reach picks by Helsinki, but nothing major there.

Yes, because Randoms might suck and team will fail in playoffs again.

If Grant can stay on, could be a decent steal.

More like random design that even I don't unerstand.

can't decide tbh. Every mentioned stat prolly.

I'm doing this randomly. either 4 times in a day or 4 times in a month. or 2 times in 4 days. or *insert any other random number here*

On 1/21/2020 at 6:05 PM, gorlab said:

1. Nah I didn't, I have no opninons

2. I have no idea haha

3. They did great, they drafted great talent for the team.

4. Uhh, neither lol, not that type of person. 

5. I want to hit the assists rankings, I'm a good distributer.

6. Both, I never floss. 

On 1/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, gorlab said:

1) I did. Beketov went too high ;)

2) Right now it is looking like Prague, but the season is still very young. Could definitely see Riga being a possibility too

3) Victor gets 99% of the credit for this draft, he made the list and I just kind of sort of attended and sent in the list. Moscow didn't have any high picks to work with, but made reasonable selections with the 2nd rounders and later. Should be a good group

4) No idea what any of this means, usually talking about knobbing your shaft refers to a different subject

5) I want to finally become a PPG player. 

6) At minimum, I always brush in the morning so my breath doesn't smell funky. At night probably 50% of the time. I never floss and I hate it, but I do get flossed at least once every 6 months when I go to the dentist (and they yell at me to floss). Also side not, the mechanical toothbrushes are 10x better than your manual ones, get with the program

1. Unfortunately I missed it. I was doing some community work .

2. Well, it's still pretty early. Anyone can turn it on at any point. Helsinki, Riga, and Prague are all right there. 

3. Those second round picks look very very promising!

4. I personally do it both ways. Covered toe white tape.  Basic knob nothing on the shaft.

5. I'd do whatever my team needs me to do. Although if like to hit 60+ points again.

6. I'm a brush my teeth in the morning guy. If I need to do it again at night I will. Usually I'm so tired so I just floss and mouthwash.

I didn't get the chance to watch unfortunately, but it's not what you do before the draft. It's what you do after you're drafted.

Riga always seems to give us a really hard time.

I think we did well and I look forward to seeing how these guys continue to progress.

Heel to toe. I keep it mostly simple, black tape.

I always like seeing my points go up, but I'm mostly focused on winning.

Both of course.

I did not watch the VHL Entry Draft...and apparently I wasn't the only one on Moscow.

It is Riga because they currently have one more point than us, but also one more game played. It seems like it's always Riga and they've been competitive for the past like 15 seasons. No facts on this, just feelings.

I'm gonna go with a 7/10. Hard to judge a draft class .25 seasons later without any top top picks.

Heel to toe and I just make it a solid neon green to distract my opponent as much as possible.

I want to continue to go above a point per game and would like to have 250 hits...though just by adding 10 to discipline, I don't think the latter is going to happen.

Weekday - I always brush my teeth in the morning and usually do before I go to bed. Weekend - I usually brush my teeth in the morning (been trying to make this more of a priority in the past month or so) and always do before I go to bed. I only floss for TikTok.

New Questions:

1) Who is your favorite teammate on Moscow and why?

2) If you had to bet $1,000,000 on a team to win the cup this year, would it be Moscow or a different team?

3) One thing Moscow never has issues with is scoring goals. What do you think is the key factor behind that?

4) On the flip side, one issue Moscow runs into is preventing goals. What do you think is behind that?

5) Who is your favorite of the expansion teams just based on team name / logo / city?

6) Who do you predict will be Moscow's leading scorer? 

Jet, we were part of the same draft class and we've been linemates on and off since joining the team.

2) If you had to bet $1,000,000 on a team to win the cup this year, would it be Moscow or a different team?

Why would I ever bet against us?

3) One thing Moscow never has issues with is scoring goals. What do you think is the key factor behind that?

We are just really offensively minded as a team.

4) On the flip side, one issue Moscow runs into is preventing goals. What do you think is behind that?

Honestly I'm not sure. We have solid goaltending, and seemed to have gotten past the bad penalties we took last season. 

5) Who is your favorite of the expansion teams just based on team name / logo / city?

Prague for sure, I happen to be from there, and the logo is pretty dope. 

6) Who do you predict will be Moscow's leading scorer? 

I think Jet is primed to lead us this season.

2 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. Gorlab himself, great guy to be with and has been a good friend to me for almost a year now.

2. Different team, Gorlab lowkey be fucking up our strats.

3. A lot of guys on our team are playmakers.

4. We need to give more effort is all.

5. I have no idea who those teams are.

6. I have no idea on that as well. 

Very tough call as I could say numerous people but I'll go with wcats Dan Baillie. Dude is a beast in my VHL yahoo fantasy league.

Would probably be Riga not gonna lie. hedgehog got the sauce and they got Codrick Past too (v. scary player)

I think it's built into Victor's coaching/managing strategy. We've always played a high-powered offensive game since I can remember. 

Probably because our top-line forwards don't put any tpe into checking/strength.

IMO It's DC Dragons. Both are great but I slightly prefer DCD. 

Jet Jaguar, clearly, no debatin.

1. I like gritty he scores in big games

2. Probably riga, I think they’ve even underperformed so far

3. we have a had a good group of guys for a while, lots of player builds committed to scoring

4. we need to up our defence and checking, possibly throw a few tpe in discipline.

5. Dc dragons I prefer the name haha

6. jet jaguar for sure