A unique SSK AGM job.

Peace

Hello, everyone! 

With permission from @diamond_ace I have written this hiring article up for anyone who is interested. 

I am hiring an assistant general manager for the Saskatoon Wild... but there is a catch. The person who is hired will be my replacement when I take over the VHL's Toronto Legion starting in S71 - pending VHL Commish approval, of course.

That being said - because this is a replacement position (on the grounds I do become the Legion's GM) - your hiring needs to be approved by the VHLM Commissioner team as my replacement. In a way this is an open 'Who's the next SSK GM if Peace is promoted' thread, but it's unique because I get to choose who I want to hire well. Officially I think you'll be named interim GM when (or even if) I become the Legion's GM, and as an interim GM the VHLM Commish team will be monitoring your activity and inclusion as a GM. 

The VHLM GM and AGM roles are all about member retention. Help when you can, encourage activity and promote a healthy environment. 

There are some requirements for this position. 

You'll need a PC capable of running the STHS Client v3, so anything with Windows 7, 8 or 10 is acceptable. I can't speak for Apple products, but I think they need help to run the client, you'd have to test for yourself. Additionally you'll need Discord so you can communicate easier with other VHLM GMs; lastly, and this one is important too, you'll need some 'history' (really just proof) of activity on the forum. 

It doesn't have to be direct, but keeping a player up to date with updates and occasionally commenting on threads is good enough. 

Don't worry about any AGM experience or anything like that, this is why you'll be hired on as an AGM seasons in advance.

As Saskatoon's AGM and potential replacement you'll be learning about STHS, waivers, our rules (they are separate from the VHL's rulebook), drafting and... well everything related to GM'ing a VHL team. 

You won't be paid this season, but as your responsibilities increase we'll split the GM pay until you take over the club. 

Good luck, applicants! 

- Peace

2 minutes ago, Quik said:

I also just realized how that comment could come off to anyone not familiar with that dark corner of the VHL lol

their are different levels of dark that's just the first tier of dark.

2 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

their are different levels of dark that's just the first tier of dark.

So is the second tier the actual picture of my foot? ... and the majority of my left leg. 

You have strange fetishes. 

2 minutes ago, Peace said:

So is the second tier the actual picture of my foot? ... and the majority of my left leg. 

You have strange fetishes. 

As ive said it a million times its not a fetish its a goal.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

I can't speak for Apple products, but I think they need help to run the client, you'd have to test for yourself.

I use a Mac and would be happy to help anyone who might need it to get started.

3 minutes ago, DoktorFunk said:

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'd love to be of help!

I can promise that this guy is exactly what you're looking for. Solid article writer and great in the locker room; one of my favorite unemployed alumni. He'll keep your new guys engaged and developing.

I don't want to be AGM of Saskatoon but I do want to be a GM ?

Tbh, is this really fair to all the AGMs that are patiently waiting for GM jobs?

The successor model we have been seeing lately for GM positions is not ideal for myself and other members wanting to claw their way to a GM position one day. Logically, every GM/AGM job should be an open application to all. What happens behind closed doors is beyond the members (choosing a successor for the job for all I care). It's not fair to limit a GM position in this way and publicly announce a massive limitation.

Edited by Motzaburger

2 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

The successor model we have been seeing lately for GM positions is not ideal for myself and other members wanting to claw their way to a GM position one day. Logically, every GM/AGM job should be an open application to all. What happens behind closed doors is beyond the members (choosing a successor for the job for all I care). It's not fair to limit a GM position in this way and publicly announce a massive limitation.

The role of an AGM is to groom people into management material, not necessarily turn them into a GM with the next opening. It's similar to how the VHLM GM to VHL GM progress happens... as in it's not so black and white. We saw just recently two non-current GMs get hired for VHL expansion teams with Ace (previous GM'ing experience) and Eno (No VHLM/VHL GM experience) despite neither having a management job for a team. 

This job won't grant that person immediate GM status, it will be entirely interim based until Bana/Ace either agree to keep that person as a replacement or decide to hire a new one, but in order to make the process as smooth as possible when Devise steps away from Toronto my AGM I hire will simply become Saskatoon's interim GM like these things have happened in the past. 

An AGM position with a team puts you in line to replace the current GM should they be fired/hired onto a different role. When the GM steps away, the AGM takes over as an interim GM. This is how it works with every GM who's succeeded from within unless they don't meet the Commish's standards. When Dtayl went inactive I was announced as SSK Interim after managing Saskatoon for 90% of the season already. 

It's not an open GM application, but I understand where you're coming from. 

If I had been fired it would have been an open GM frenzy because I had no AGM, but if I had been fired with an AGM that AGM would have been announced as Interim until a GM was found. Whether or not that GM was the interim GM was up to them. 

I hope I've done enough to explain the situation. 

The difference is whoever becomes Saskatoon's AGM will most likely become Saskatoon's interim GM starting S71 rather than waiting for an unknown date for the GM you're under to be hired/fired. It isn't written in stone, but it is certainly a heavy possibility, which makes it a necessity for a smoother transition. 

Edited by Peace

Hello there, first and foremost I am applying for Saskatoons AGM role. I know, I've had a shady past before but trust me when I say, I can be the first one to admit it and I know it's not great, however, I'd like to move past that and help this franchise lift the cup! But enough talk about my past let's talk a little bit about my experience. 

Currently, I have one position as San Diego's AGM. Yes, I have not had that many jobs but you have to start somewhere. I have learned a hell of a lot from this position. IR has taught me how to rebuild a team from the ground up. San Diego had no assets going into S67, not a single draft pick had been made, the franchise didn't even show up to draft day, because their plan was simple, build from the ground up, sign some brand new prospects, and make it a journey. Even with prospects joining the Marlins left and right, people where doubting our team. I made it my goal to work our asses off and show this league not only what IR is capable of but what I can do to help San Diego. 

So why should you choose me? there is 1 simple answer. I care. That's right I care. I care for my team. I care that they are happy and want to play on the team. I care that they enjoy the league and what it has to offer. That is why you should pick me. Way too many people care that they win the cup and while I do. I care a hell of a lot more about my team's morale.  

Edited by MexicanCow123

I predicted (heh, we'll see) the outcome of the S68 draft. I have some rapport going on with some GMs. I check the ratings, the earnings, the new people.

But mostly, I really like this site and the people I have met here. I am a programmer by trade, statistician as a hobbyist, Swedish language and philosophy by education (that was a mistake to take at university level :) luckily, programming).

In the short term I can offer you that I am interested in keeping track on member activity, I love the wheelings and dealings here, and talking to new recruits and bring them in to the league.

I don't really care about the TPE (I guess it's capped TPE?), but I think I could do great work for Saskatoon to bring new members in and care for them during the season.

But yeah, if you would entertain me applying for the role I would be happy to take it at Saskatoon Blind, sorry, Wild.

Image result for saskatoon weather

Edited by Elmebeck

3 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

I predicted (heh, we'll see) the outcome of the S68 draft. I have some rapport going on with some GMs. I check the ratings, the earnings, the new people.

But mostly, I really like this site and the people I have met here. I am a programmer by trade, statistician as a hobbyist, Swedish language and philosophy by education (that was a mistake to take at university level :) luckily, programming).

In the short term I can offer you that I am interested in keeping track on member activity, I love the wheelings and dealings here, and talking to new recruits and bring them in to the league.

I don't really care about the TPE (I guess it's capped TPE?), but I think I could do great work for Saskatoon to bring new members in and care for them during the season.

But yeah, if you would entertain me applying for the role I would be happy to take it at Saskatoon Blind, sorry, Wild.

Image result for saskatoon weather

Vouch.

7 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'd love to be of help!

Give this man a job, he is a good locker room presence and has a good knowledge plus is good at helping the new guys. It still surprises me that @GustavMattias didn't pick this man.

2 minutes ago, berocka said:

It still surprises me that @GustavMattias didn't pick this man.

Only reason why I didn't? Berocka lives 14 hours apart from me, time zone-wise. So, availability for recruitment and such was more widespread. Otherwise, I don't know what I would have done; maybe resorted to a literal coin flip...

11 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Only reason why I didn't? Berocka lives 14 hours apart from me, time zone-wise. So, availability for recruitment and such was more widespread. Otherwise, I don't know what I would have done; maybe resorted to a literal coin flip...

Woohoo I'm a diversity hire