San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

1. spending time with friends outside, grill or go to lake, or other activities.
2.well last season it was junior showcase and world cup too. so maybe this off season can be more relaxing for my player.
3. soccer, but i enjoy almost all
4. hmm no idea, for me its enough if it takes me from one place to another lol
5. Team, i always want to end up in actice team with great guys in locker room.
6. A kids we played in summer on the road with tennis ball, and in winter sometimes on frozen lake.

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (featuring the Brigade of the JST) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 6/5/2022 or 6/12/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. The San Diego Marlins are tied in their final series against the Las Vegas Aces as I write this, what does your player do to handle stressful situations like this?

2. What is one thing you learned over the course of this season, VHL related or not?

3. With the Mexico City Kings GM position being interviewed for, what do you think is the most important quality in a GM?

4. If you were to *hypothetically* win a championship, and had your day with the cup, what would you do?

5. If you could play for any VHLE team based off of branding alone who would it be?

6. I've spent a lot of time in front of various campfires this week, what is your favourite fireside snack?

2 minutes ago, Lemorse7 said:

3. With the Mexico City Kings GM position being interviewed for, what do you think is the most important quality in a GM? me 

about right

18 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. The San Diego Marlins are tied in their final series against the Las Vegas Aces as I write this, what does your player do to handle stressful situations like this?

2. What is one thing you learned over the course of this season, VHL related or not?

3. With the Mexico City Kings GM position being interviewed for, what do you think is the most important quality in a GM?

4. If you were to *hypothetically* win a championship, and had your day with the cup, what would you do?

5. If you could play for any VHLE team based off of branding alone who would it be?

6. I've spent a lot of time in front of various campfires this week, what is your favourite fireside snack?

1) To handle stressful situations Molly the Cat gets 8 hours of sleep

2) Over this last season I have learned that the trivia questions are rigged

3) Being available to the players is the most important quality

4) I would take it to Las Vegas and take the cup on a parade.

5) I think it would be Istanbul, I like the logo

6) My favourite campfire snack would be potato chips

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Just listen music and don’t think about it’s a final! 

2. I have realised that many people can help you and you need to listen them 

3. Being active, you need to be there for your players 

4. I would go drink so many beers with many peoples from where I come 

5. I think any team interest me they are all good an have all their good things 

6. I don’t know how to tell it in English, but in French it’s called Graine de tournesol 

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. I try to just mess about with a puck when I can. I find that just getting on the puck an getting a feel for it helps my get in the zone and makes me calmer when I get in game changing situations.

2. That the VHL community is quite friendly. I used to get really nervous talking to people and that they minute judge me or something for what I say but everyone is really nice.

3. I think keeping the team engaged is the main thing as being in a positive LR can help ease things if the team isn't playing too well.

4. I would definitely use it as a bowl for the day, eat all my meals out of it.

5. I think either the Cologne Express or the Stockholm Vikings have the coolest branding.

6. A well fired marshmallow is pretty hard to top but I used to make these things call bread twists and you cooked them over a fire, they were pretty banging.

1. He is calm, focusing on winning the cup.
2. Learned that after the changes in the VHL, it actually didnt changed that much as i expected, which had an impact on my player.
3. Have a connection with players, bring the best possible players for the team, and help them if they need anything.
4. Show it to my family and make pictures with it.
5. Hmm idk, maybe Bratislava.
6. Beer lol

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (featuring the Brigade of the JST and Team World of the WJC) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 6/12/2022 or 6/19/2022

1. The offseason is officially in full swing, what are you most excited for next season?

2. It is almost draft season for the VHL, VHLE and VHLM! If you are eligible for a draft, what draft position range (1st-5th etc.) do you think you'll be drafted in? If not, how do you think you've risen or fallen in your draft class since your draft?

3. The NHL Stanley Cup Finals are at hand! Avalanche or Lightning?

4. What is your favourite late-night snack?

5. What is the best movie/ TV show etc. that you have watched recently?

6. Do you think of yourself as lucky? Do you even believe in luck?

1. The offseason is officially in full swing, what are you most excited for next season?

Most excited about playing a full season with my recreate and seeing how he does with the new hybrid stats.

2. It is almost draft season for the VHL, VHLE and VHLM! If you are eligible for a draft, what draft position range (1st-5th etc.) do you think you'll be drafted in? If not, how do you think you've risen or fallen in your draft class since your draft?

I believe I should be a top 10 in the upcomming VHLM draft. I usually max earn and my 3rd player in the VHLM so he should be up there.

I think Avalanche will take it. Lightning are a great team but it's time for a new cup winner.

All-Dressed chips! Great for a late-night snack while catching up on shows.

I have been watching Yellowstone and that has been great, same with stranger things

I believe everything happens for a reason but not sure if that comes down to luck or just circumstances 

14 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (featuring the Brigade of the JST and Team World of the WJC) PRESS CONFERENCE 

1. I'm most excited for VHL draft, probably the obvious answer but it's always exciting to see where your gonna play your first couple years in the VHL.

2. I think I'll go in the late stage of the first round sorta 13-16 or maybe early second like 17-20. Hard to say but that's what makes the draft so exciting.

3. As a lightning fan, gonna have to back my boys. They know how to get it done and I just think that Colorado are gonna have to do something special to beat them.

4. I love a cheeky chocolate biscuit at night. The go to ones are McVities Chocolate Digestives. The name doesn't sound great but they are amazing.

5. I watched Inglorious Bastards the other day and it's honestly one of my top 3 favourite films of all time.

6. I definitely believe in luck, I think sometimes things happen that just shouldn't happen like an underdog wins a game when they shouldn't that the easiest way to explain it is luck. My luck fluctuates, right now it's not too hot but it'll swing around again.

17 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1.  The draft for sure ! 

2. I hope I will be drafted in the top 10 ! But we will saw 

3. I hope Avalanche! I don’t want the lightning to win 3 years in a row 

4. chips haha 

5. outer banks, it’s for sure the best series I have ever watched 

6. I think yes I am someone lucky haha 

1. Excited for the VHLE, curious about the transer from VHLM. Also Junior World Championship.
2. I am already drafted, but curious what players will join the team. 
3. Avalanche, just cuz Tampa won it already 2 times in a row, otherwise i would choose Tampa.
4. Literally anything i feel like to eat.
5. Hmm recently i barely have some time for movies or TV shows. But heard The Boys are back.
6. I am more unlucky in life than lucky.

On 6/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

1) I am most excited to see where i will be drafted

2) I have defnitely risen in my draft class, starting the year as a new build and now being over 250 TPE

3) Avalanche will more than likely win but they are both strong teams

4) Favourite late night snack is popcorn

5) I think the best show i have watched recently has been Yellowstone

6) I would say i am relatively lucky but i truly believe luck is the unknown results of work you have put into something

The VHLM draft and see how high I get drafted for it because I'm gonna be at 200 for it easily.

I'm hoping at least 3.

Lightning in 6 please.

Froot Loops with milk..

Tv show would be Squid Game recently.

I'm not sure to be quite honest. Sometimes I am, sometimes no.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:17 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Pretty excited for the VHL entry draft, and to find out who I'm going to play for next season. VHLM? VHLE? Right to the show? I have no idea what I'm doing.

2. I expect my player to go early 2nd round, maybe late 1st if a team really wants to reach.

3. I don't particularly like either team, but Avalanche.

4. I have midnight cheese and crackers with alarming regularity.

5. I don't watch a ton of recent film or television. I'm a bit of an aviation enthusiast so I did go watch the new Top Gun film at the cinema, it was pretty good, albeit cheesy and predictable.

6. We all have to make our own luck.

. The offseason is officially in full swing, what are you most excited for next season?

Puck drop haha! Also cant wait to meet new/old teammates on a different team

Been keeping track and I can see myself going 9-13, possibly 15 in the VHL and a top pick in the VHLE I think, 1 would surprise me but anything in top 5 after the TPE dust settles

Lets go Colorado

Chips 'n dip

The Challenge

Above average yes, depends on karma!

I'm not on that team, but I was on Miami. It was a dissapoiting series for us if I say so myself and my player was not contributing ennough to carry his team.

That the better team doesn't mean you'll be winning it all.

Communication between the players is really key.

Have it watch me have some fun time with my wife all night with some wine in it.

Vasteras Iron Eagles looks dope

Froot Loops for sure

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 6/19/2022 or 6/26/2022

1. The VHL Draft recently happened, so if you got drafted how do you feel? If your draft is next season, what are your goals for the VHL Draft?

2. What do you think is the biggest thing you can bring to your team next season?

3. There has been a lot of GM turnover this offseason, would you ever consider becoming a GM or AGM?

4. The Stanley Cup Finals is in full swing, with the Colorado Avalanche walloping the Lightning so far. Do you think Tampa Bay can come back to win it and complete the threepeat?

5. As I am writing this, it is Father's Day (at least here in Canada), what is one thing you appreciate about a paternal figure in your life?

6. We're going on a camping trip! What do you bring for the group?

1. The VHL Draft recently happened, so if you got drafted how do you feel? If your draft is next season, what are your goals for the VHL Draft?

My goal for this season is to do well in the E and to improve my draft stock heading into my VHL season

2. What do you think is the biggest thing you can bring to your team next season?

The biggest thing I can bring to whatever team drafts me is the ability to put the puck in the net and to be that player that can turn the tide of the game

3. There has been a lot of GM turnover this offseason, would you ever consider becoming a GM or AGM?

I was AGM of the Wranglers but unfortunately had to step down due to having a baby. Maybe in the future I will look into another AGM role or even a GM role.

4. The Stanley Cup Finals is in full swing, with the Colorado Avalanche walloping the Lightning so far. Do you think Tampa Bay can come back to win it and complete the threepeat?

Tampa will make the series close, they always start out slow and then get into the swing of things. I don't think Colorado will sweep.

5. As I am writing this, it is Father's Day (at least here in Canada), what is one thing you appreciate about a paternal figure in your life?

This was actually my first fathers day and it was pretty great. Whole family got together to spend time which was nice.

Lots of meat to grill. Have to make sure everyone is well fed for the amount of liquor that usually gets consumed!

I was drafted by Prague 6th overall. I’m really happy with the selection. I thought I might drop in the draft because of most teams not really needing a goalie, but it worked out really well. I’m happy to go to Prague.

I need to be a more consistent goalie. Too many times I let in easy goals. That needs to end. I need to stay in the moment, keep my concentration on everything in front of me.

I was a GM and really enjoyed it. However, it takes a lot of time and energy if you want to do it right. I’m not sure I have that in me right now, plus I’m enjoying just being a player.

17 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. I'm pretty happy with the draft. I went 15th to Moscow and that's the team I wanted to end up on. I like the vibe thy have over there and I thinks it's somewhere I can thrive.

2. I'll be in the VHLE next season and I think I can be that top Elite center for a team and maybe even win a cup there.

3. I would like to be a GM or AGM someday but I'm not sure if I could be active enough on discord or the forum for me to be.

4. I think the lightning can come back and at least make it interesting. Games 3 and 4 are huge because if the bolts win both of those games then it is well and truly not over.

5. My dad is an absolute rock for me. That sort of steady calmness which is just amazing.

6. I used to be an explorer scout so I can bring that technical hiking and camping knowledge like fire building.

18 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Im really happy to be a part of the Toronto organization, I would do my best for them

2. I think scoring opportunities, my player is a shooting machine, so if I have good opportunities I’ll put many shoots on net 

3. for now I don’t know because I don’t have many time, but in the future yeah that could be nice 

4. I think they can because they have a big team but I hope they would not because I don’t really like them 

5. is that he gave you what you need and help you the best that he can 

6. beeeerrrr 🍻

23 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1) I was surprised by how far up in the draft I went.  I am going to work hard to make London proud.

2) I am hoping to bring goal scoring depth to my team in S84

3) No, at this point I don't believe I have the time to be a GM or AGM

4) No I don't think that Tampa can come back, this may be 4 games and done.

5) My parental figure was a Step Father, the fact that he chose to be there is something I now Appreciate

6) I bring some funny jokes, camping trips need good laughs