NHL Victory Edition - Index and Hub

Devise

INDEX

Player Hub

The index right now only contains the NHL player pool that we will be drawing from to complete our rosters as well as a few of the teams that some of the interested GM's are containing. The player list will contain a list of all players, and once players are assigned to teams that spreadsheet will also contain all the players attributes, as it will be amended as you earn points. All of this will obviously be updated as we go along. Otherwise feel free to check this post for some more in depth on the rules and format of our drafts, information on starting attributes, earning and updating, and other assorted or useful things I decide to add to this hub. I'll leave the other thread for sign ups and the initial pitch of the concept. 

Note for GM's: Now that the index is updated, you can feel free to send me your lines. Lines can be sent to rpower22@gmail.com. If you need instructions on how to get the STHS client file that freely allows you to grab the index, and send lines just hit me up with a PM and I'll walk you through the steps. 

Current Teams and General Managers

Cologne Express - @BigIrish
Vasteras Iron Eagles - @Nykonax
Bratislava Watchmen - @hedgehog337

Madrid Thunder - @Matmenzinger

Stockholm Vikings - @Jubo07

Brampton Blades - @Jbeezy76

Ottawa Ice Dogs - @Zetterberg

Oslo Screaming Seamen - @studentized

Player Slot Status

8/32 Centers

9/32 Left Wingers

5/32 Right Wingers

4/48 Defencemen

6/16 Goalies

32 Current VHL User Players

All remaining open player slots will be filled by randomly drawn NHL players, however this draw will not occur until after all user created players are drafted in the VHL portion of the fantasy draft. The exception to this will be in regards to GM's, as to avoid bias and issue all GM's will be automatically assigned their own players, removing them from draft eligibility.  After the NHL players are drawn, there will be a NHL fantasy draft to finalize the teams. 

Draft Rules

Both drafts will each feature a randomized draw to determine seeding, and then will commence in snake format. The user created draft will happen before NHL players are drawn, and then the NHL player draft will occur. The positional and roster requirements are mandatory, so no team may have more than 4 of any forward position, 6 of any defender, or 2 of any goalie. Given that I want to continue to draw a new set of random NHL players every time I run one of these and I intend to run one per season if we have in the interest, draft ownership of both NHL players and user created players will only apply to a single season. User created players that wish to continue updating their player when the next season rolls around may do so, but they will still be subject to another draft. Draft pick trading WILL be allowed however you may only trade the same type of draft pick for each other, but due to the roster requirements an even number of draft picks must always be exchanged. 

Starting Attributes and TPE

Given the attribute limit of the NHL players all user created players in the league will start with a higher base level of attributes that you would traditionally in the VHL. As such all player attributes for both goalies and skaters will start at 50, instead of 40. The exception to this will be for Endurance and Durability. Given that NHL players of differing qualities have varying degrees of both attributes, and that updating both will be a factor in this league as opposed to the default 99's you see of both in the traditional VHL; Skaters will start with 60 Endurance and 70 Durability and Goalies will start with 70 Endurance and 80 Durability. 

There will be a draw to determine starting levels of TPE for everyone to spend based on their position and tier. Forwards will be split into 3 tiers, 1st Liner (100 Starting TPE) 2nd liner (80 Starting TPE) and 3rd liner. (60 Starting TPE) Defenders will be split into 2 tiers, 1st Pair (100 Starting TPE) and 2nd Pair. (80 Starting TPE) Goalies will be split into 2 tiers, Starter (100 Starting TPE) and Backup (70 Starting TPE).

Update Scale

The Update Scale we will use will be the exact one used in the VHL. For reference;

50-70 --- 1 TPE per point
70-75 --- 2 TPE per point
75-80 --- 3 TPE per point
80-90 --- 5 TPE per point
90-95 --- 8 TPE per point
95-99 --- 10 TPE per point

Earning TPE

Similar to the Starting Attributes Tier List players will earn TPE every week from checking in. The amount of TPE earned will be randomly assigned into the same tiers, however you only need to remove a zeroe to determine overall weekly TPE amounts. Ergo;

1st Line Forward (10 TPE)

2nd Line Forward (8 TPE)

3rd Line Forward (6 TPE)

1st Pair (10 TPE)

2nd Pair (8 TPE)

Starting Goalies (10 TPE)

Backup Goalie (7 TPE)

Note that TPE tiers will be randomly assigned every week. Just because you had the starting attributes of a 1st liner does not mean you will earn that every week. While this system is obviously all about being random the difference between earnings every week should allow for enough variance for people to make up gaps that they lost being in a lower tier to start, and should provide enough realism for the quality of players people will likely be as they progress and evolve.

Updating your player will be done in an separate update thread, done by me manually at the end of each of the weeks we are in operation. To update you'll only need to use the format provided and tell me what attributes you'd like to add to, obviously applying the update scale in question.

Schedule and Sim Information

The NHLVE will run a 70 game schedule which is only 2 games shy of the VHL one, with each team player each other 10 times. Otherwise we will be using the exact same sim engine sliders as the VHL uses with only one pretty major exception. We will be using the 2.1 output, or the newest STHS engine. (Yes, it includes Giveaways and Takeaways.) Actual sim timeline wise I'll be looking to finish the 70 games in about half a VHL season, so expect a larger chunk of games to be simmed at one time. For GM's this means it's always wise to set your lines for the ten games in advance that STHS allows, as a good chunk of those 10 could be simmed when a sim does come to accommodate the shorter schedule than is traditional for the VHL. 

Playoff Format

All teams will make the playoffs, with higher seed priority factoring in for match ups for the entirety. As there will only be one conference, there will be no inter conference aspect to factor into the playoffs. 

Backup Rule: The only other sim rule I have to implement is in regards to this. Given that we are using NHL players no single goalie may play more than 45 of the 70 games. In the event that the back up games are not monitored by a GM, I'll manually be changing their lines to make sure that all goalies start no more than the maximum allotted games. 

That should pretty much cover everything, I think? If I didn't cover something obvious or obviously if you have any questions let me know. :cheers: 

Edited by Devise

Alright we have our 8 GM's finalized based on first come first serve. I replaced the few who said they'd only be interested if we didn't have enough GM's, we obviously do. Apologies if you applied after the rest had already filled it up, but as I mentioned in the other thread you'll likely be able to get in on the action next time. 

I'm going to leave the sign up thread open for another few more days as I begin getting everyones players created and in the sim, and I will automatically assign the GM players to their teams. As I'm not really big on secret drafts we'll be doing both of the fantasy drafts for this live, on the boards. 

Lastly @Jbeezy76 we require what old school team name you'd like to have, as your the only team name missing. Thanks! 

• Commissioner

Man, we’ve dropped a lot of EU teams haven’t we. Trhe only old team on there that’s NA is Ottawa.

7 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Man, we’ve dropped a lot of EU teams haven’t we. Trhe only old team on there that’s NA is Ottawa.

Yeah I feel like more of the old NA names were just previous names for existing VHL teams. I'm sure there are some VHLM ones from NA we've tossed too, tough to recall them all. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Alright we have our 8 GM's finalized based on first come first serve. I replaced the few who said they'd only be interested if we didn't have enough GM's, we obviously do. Apologies if you applied after the rest had already filled it up, but as I mentioned in the other thread you'll likely be able to get in on the action next time. 

I'm going to leave the sign up thread open for another few more days as I begin getting everyones players created and in the sim, and I will automatically assign the GM players to their teams. As I'm not really big on secret drafts we'll be doing both of the fantasy drafts for this live, on the boards. 

Lastly @Jbeezy76 we require what old school team name you'd like to have, as your the only team name missing. Thanks! 

Ok I choose the Brampton Blades 

10 minutes ago, Jbeezy76 said:

Ok I choose the Brampton Blades 

I played for them once. I'm old. Thanks and yeah I was digging for a former list earlier, but in general the VHL and VHLM all time GM threads that @Victor gracefully keeps up to date usually have both defunct teams, and list a current teams previous city such as with Hamilton/New York etc. Doesn't list the teams mascot name though, but I'm sure we have that somewhere too.

• Devise featured and pinned this topic
Just now, Jbeezy76 said:

@Devise when’s this new side league start ?? waiting patiently ?

I've already done the starting TPE so signups are pretty much closed. I'm just posting that now with the update form in a separate thread ha. The draft will commence once people had a chance to get some updates in, but I'll have a thread up for that soonish too. I just wanted to leave sign ups open one more day (yesterday into today) just to make sure everyone who got in can. All good though, if all goes according to school we should see sims from this sometime middle this week! 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

I've already done the starting TPE so signups are pretty much closed. I'm just posting that now with the update form in a separate thread ha. The draft will commence once people had a chance to get some updates in, but I'll have a thread up for that soonish too. I just wanted to leave sign ups open one more day (yesterday into today) just to make sure everyone who got in can. All good though, if all goes according to school we should see sims from this sometime middle this week! 

Awesome. Just checking in that way I’m prepared for the draft and such. Thanks (just staying organized ?)

We'll have sims today whenever I can sort through the STHS issue's I've been having. Sadly lines won't be able to be done until I can update the index with the correct rosters. Apologies for the delay.

Just tagging the GM's here to let you all know, first round of games has been simmed. The index has been updated and instructions on where to send lines has been bolded at the top of the OP. 

Spoiler

Cologne Express - @BigIrish
Vasteras Iron Eagles - @Nykonax
Bratislava Watchmen - @hedgehog337

Madrid Thunder - @Matmenzinger

Stockholm Vikings - @Jubo07

Brampton Blades - @Jbeezy76

Ottawa Ice Dogs - @Zetterberg

Oslo Screaming Seamen - @studentized