Chicago Phoenix Press Conference

JeffD

1: Is there anything you've learned about your character that you'll use for your next player (Whenever it is that you decide to make a new player)

No not really lol, this is my second player and I am almost at the end of his career. I feel like I've learned everything there is to learn in that regard.

2: If the Phoenix had to change their colors, which colors would you think would work best with our logo?

It's a phoenix, so I feel like you kind of have to incorporate fire colours, so like orange, red and yellow. I feel like you are kinda limited thematically there. 

3: In Rock, Paper, Scissors, which are you most likely to choose.
None, it's not about probability, it's about mentally dominating your opponent. People got it all wrong.

4: Which PWHL team will you most likely cheer for as the league prepares for its first season?

Lol I ain't watching that shit haha. Maybe that makes me a dickhead, but I don't have any interested in watching women's hockey outside of maybe Team Canada in the Olympics. I get everyone's all about giving female pro sports a chance and equality, but to me the product just isn't comparable. Same as WNBA.. it's been around for decades and nobody watches... 

5: Do you believe more NHL stars should take discounts on their contracts in order to win?
I think "should" is a tough way to word it. I think players should prioritize what matters to them. So I am a Leafs fan.. the top 4/5 guys make all the money and handcuff what the org can spend on the rest of the roster. They've all made plenty of money already off their prior contracts and the core has been together now for awhile and they've accomplished nothing. Now they are all approaching free agency again the next couple of years and its time to decide what matters more to them. Like Nylander thinks he should get 10 mil a year... okay well have fun playing somewhere else then, because obviously the Leafs can't afford to do that. You can take 8.5 mil a year and still never have to think about money in your life, and doing that would help the team compete. But nope, ego is too big for that. If they all sacrificed just A LITTLE, it would benefit the team so much but none of them wanna do it really.  Morgan Reilly is the closest thing to a good contract they have, god bless his soul.

6: Which Movie do you wish had a sequel?
Overall, I want less sequels and more original movies. But nothing comes to mind right now. I am drawing a blank.

7: On a similar topic do you have a show, game, or movie that you really enjoy and think it's underrated?

Hmmm underrated things. I think the movie The Butterfly Effect is pretty underrated. It's one of my favs and I don't think alot of people have seen it. Underrated anime.... Assassination Classroom probably. It's legendary. OH!! Tower of God is pretty underrated too. I can't wait til they put another season of that out. 

8: Best anime opening?
If we are talking purely on the songs themselves... oh god theres so many... 
Rumbling- AOT
Blue Bird- Naruto
Gurange- Demon Slayer
Black Rover- Black Clover
unravel- Toyko Ghoul
Kaikai Kitan-JJK
Rise- Tower of God

I really could go on forever lol...if you want just checkout my anime playlist

Edited by fromtheinside

Rheb2Ib.png

You ONLY have to answer 6 of the 8 Questions
WEEK OF September 25th - October 1st

1: Sadly there is no chance this season, but do you think the Phoenix could rise to a playoff spot as early as next season?

2: Which VHL team will win the cup this season?

3: Which team would you say were our biggest rivals this season, if any?

4: Do you like hockey fights? if so, do you have a favorite?

5: Which actor would you hire to play your favorite videogame or anime character in a live-action film?

6: Does camera quality or animation quality ruin your enjoyment of a show/movie?

7: Which tv series are you currently watching?

8: Not sure If I've asked this but which Videogame has the best soundtrack?

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF October 2nd - October 8th

1: Which player attributes do you plan on focusing on in the off-season?

2: How does your player spend their free time?

3: What city is your player from and where do they live now? Do they own a home in Chicago?

4: Which NHL playoff team do you think will miss the playoffs this season?

5: How many points are you expecting from Connor Bedard if he plays a full 82-game season?

6: What is your favorite band?

7: Who is your favorite Super Hero?

8: Who would you cast to play the next James Bond?

On 10/3/2023 at 8:07 AM, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF October 2nd - October 8th

1: Which player attributes do you plan on focusing on in the off-season?

2: How does your player spend their free time?

3: What city is your player from and where do they live now? Do they own a home in Chicago?

4: Which NHL playoff team do you think will miss the playoffs this season?

5: How many points are you expecting from Connor Bedard if he plays a full 82-game season?

6: What is your favorite band?

7: Who is your favorite Super Hero?

8: Who would you cast to play the next James Bond?

1. I plan on focusing on defense and skating mainly with my new player. They're pretty important.

2. On the rink of course! Have to grind it out to get to the VHL.

3. My player is from Chicago, but currently is in Las Vegas. They do own a home in Chicago!

4. New York Islanders, they made it last year, but I doubt they can make it yet again.

5. I feel like around 65-70 points is pretty valid. Even 60 points.

7. My favorite superhero is Captain America!

• 3 weeks later...

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF October 23rd - October 30th

1: The Chicago Press Conference has returned! There are plenty of new faces around the team so why don't we start by figuring out jersey numbers for the season? Which number would you like your player to wear while playing here?

2: Which NHL team is your favorite and why?

3: Which attribute do you intend to focus on this season?

4: Which song would you choose as your goal song?

5: What would be your goal celebration?

6: Scotty Sundin is 1 goal away from setting the franchise record for goals in a Phoenix uniform. How many games do you expect it to take for him to achieve this milestone?

7: What is your favorite animal?

8: What is your favorite color?

4 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF October 23rd - October 30th

1: The Chicago Press Conference has returned! There are plenty of new faces around the team so why don't we start by figuring out jersey numbers for the season? Which number would you like your player to wear while playing here?

6: Scotty Sundin is 1 goal away from setting the franchise record for goals in a Phoenix uniform. How many games do you expect it to take for him to achieve this milestone?

2. My favorite NHL team is the Buffalo Sabres. The reason why I originally liked them was because of Ryan Miller.

3. I intend to focus on getting up my defense a bit, since I'll be in the M.

4. Perfect by Logic would be my goal song.

5. My goal celebration would be the one where you do a bow and you shoot an arrow. It's pretty cool, I've done it in real life as well.

6. First game he's going to get it, I believe!

7. My favorite animal is a dog. I have one that is a German Shepard named Chelsea!

I will stick with 13 for Sundin since thats Mats Sundin's number IRL.  But if someone else has their hearts set for it, 15 is cool too!

I am a diehard Leafs fan. Grew up watching the Leafs with my grandpa every Saturday night on HNIC. He has long since passed away but I burden the fandom for him lol. 

Skating and Scoring but I am just trying to survive my last season after that depreciation hit. Hopefully I can finish strong!

The chorus of Rumbling from AoT lmao. Definitely a banger! Or if we are going non-weeb route, Final Countdown by Europe.

Always been a fan of the Teemu Selanne celly from when he broke the rookie goal record on the Jets. If you don't know, He took his one glove off, tossed it up in the air, then used his stick as a gun pretended to shoot the glove out of the air hahah its fucking great, check it out.

73 games. lmao thanks for shouting me out in the PC!! Hopefully game one and it helps the team get the dub!!

Love me a cute bunny rabbit. They are friggen adorable with their chubby cheeks and floppy ass ears. God bless em.

Been a big green guy, always have been, always will be. 

Presser week ending Oct. 29

1. I’ve worn number 50 so when I make the roster eventually I’d like to wear that

2. I’m a Bruins fan. I grew up watching Boston and have been to a few games. My wife and I are going to see them play in November in Florida as well

3. Scoring and Defense

4. Probably Re-Education by Rise Against. I love songs with strong and guitar and drums

5. Always loved jumping against the glass and celebrating with fans

6. 1st game for sure. No question

🎃Y32Br0F.png🎃

WEEK OF October 30th - November 5th

1: When this season ends, which player will lead the Phoenix in points?

2: If you could vote for a VHLM or VHLE team to replace a VHL team, which team(s) would you choose?

3: Which NHL player deserves more respect?

4: It's a close race in the NHL for the Calder. Which rookie do you think will win it in the end?

5: Here's a spoopy question. Should neckguards be mandatory in the NHL? 

6: What was your best costume? Assuming you went trick-or-treating.

7: What was your favorite candy to get when trick-or-treating?

8: What is your favorite scary movie? 

I think Legacy Gaming could be in for a solid season so I will go with them!

2: If you could vote for a VHLM or VHLE team to replace a VHL team, which team(s) would you choose?

Well I wouldn't replace any of the VHL teams, but I would certainly axe any of the VHLE teams to bring back the Yukon Rush and put them back in the M. 

I think Michael Bunting should get some more respect. The referees literally are biased in how they officiate against him and its kinda fucked up lol.

4: It's a close race in the NHL for the Calder. Which rookie do you think will win it in the end?

I think it's gonna be Bedard but Luke Hughes might give him a run for his money if he stays on the Devils PP1.

Nah. I mean, RIP the guy who died in the UK, but we don't need to start bubble wrapping players now. It was a tragic accident,  but it's a freak accident that isn't likely to be replicated.  There are risks of playing a competitive game that involves putting blades on your feet, it is what it is. 

I was a mummy one year and that was pretty dope. Also dressed up as the Red Ranger from Power Rangers the one year. Good times lol.

I guess if I had to make a tier list, Peanut Butter Cups are alone in S tier... Mars bars and Crunchie bars both in the A tier.  Or the rare people that would give out cans of pop were also god tier but those were rare. 

Honestly, I've never been big into the horror genre. I just can't mentally get into them. I enjoyed the original Saw I suppose if that counts as a scary movie lol.

On 10/30/2023 at 2:28 PM, Masu Chan said:

🎃Y32Br0F.png🎃

WEEK OF October 30th - November 5th

1. I'm going to go with Scotty Sundin, he had an amazing season for us last season and I'm hoping he'll do it again!

3. Clayton Keller. I feel like he is one of the most underrated players in the game. Nobody knows he put up almost 90 points last season.

4. I think it'll be Bedard, because he gets the media bias.

5. I think they should be mandatory as they aren't that much of a hinderance.

6. When I was younger, my best costume was a homemade power rangers costume made by my mom. It was insanely well done.

8. American Psycho, don't really know if it qualifies as one, but I'd say it is my favorite scary movie.

Edited by badcolethetitan

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF November 6th - November 12th

1: With an unexpected twist, the Chicago Phoenix are currently top of the league. What do you think is the biggest factor in our early success?

2: What has been your favorite aspect of the VHL during your time as a member?

3: We've gotten a decent look at each VHL team so far, which team would you assume will win the cup this season?

4: Who is the most overrated NHL player?

5: Which NHL team has surprised you the most so far?

6: If you were an NHL scout, which attribute would you look for in a player?

7: If you were to have dinner with any hockey player, which player would you choose and why? 

8: What was the first video game you played or remember playing? 

1: With an unexpected twist, the Chicago Phoenix are currently top of the league. What do you think is the biggest factor in our early success?
Great Chemistry between the players!

2: What has been your favorite aspect of the VHL during your time as a member?

Just having the opportunity to play on teams with some great members!

3: We've gotten a decent look at each VHL team so far, which team would you assume will win the cup this season?

The Stars are looking pretty dominant in the NA conference so far and probably have a decent shot.

5: Which NHL team has surprised you the most so far?

The Vancouver Canucks being quite decent!

6: If you were an NHL scout, which attribute would you look for in a player?

In real life, probably speed and Hockey IQ. In STHS, DF.

8: What was the first video game you played or remember playing?
I think it was some kids game like Jumpstart or Freddie Fish

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF November 13th - November 19th

1: Which VHL player do you think will finish this season as the points leader?

2: Does your player have a rival? If so, who is it?

3: Which sports game has the best soundtrack?

4: Are the Edmonton Oilers the worst team in the NHL?

5: What would be your dream NHL Stanley Cup Finals?

6: Is it too early to start listening to Christmas Music?

7: Who was your favorite YouTuber growing up?

8: If you could see any band live, which band/artist would you want to see?

On 11/13/2023 at 6:22 PM, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

2. Don’t have a rival. Haven’t seen enough of the league really to know who that would be

3. I only play NHL and it’s not that great. Probably madden or MLB though

4 They are definitely not great so far but San Jose is absolutely the worst team. They are worse in basically every advanced stat as well

5. I’m a big Boston fan so anything with the Bruins really. Boston and Chicago is classic

6. Maybe in another week or so after American Thanksgiving

7. As a teenager I used to watch a lot of Markiplier and JackSepticEye but stopped being interested in that kind of content

On 11/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

1. Scotty Sundin of course! He's on fire and I'm hoping he can keep it going.

3. I think it was either NHL 12 or NHL 14? The one with Stamkos on the cover, those songs go hard.

4. No, San Jose Sharks are worse, despite the Oilers losing to them.

5. Vancouver Canucks vs. Buffalo Sabres. Battle of the Expansion teams!

6. It never is too early to listen to Christmas Music! Just kidding, I feel like after thanksgiving is when it's most acceptable.

7. My favorite youtuber growing up was Skydoesminecraft, I loved his videos, they were funny.

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF November 20th - November 26th

1: Here's an odd question. Which VHL season was your favorite so far? Doesn't have to be with your current character.

2: Who is your favorite Celebrity from Chicago?

3: What is a fun hobby of yours?

4: If you were to take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?

5: Which fictional character do you relate to, if any?

6: Do you believe in the statement that Defense wins championships?

8: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

On 11/21/2023 at 11:32 PM, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF November 20th - November 26th

1: Here's an odd question. Which VHL season was your favorite so far? Doesn't have to be with your current character.

5: Which fictional character do you relate to, if any?

1. My favorite season was probably the one where London won the cup. I forgot specifically what season it was, but I was happy to finally get a trophy.

3. I like playing hockey when I get the chance. It's very limited atm due to College, but I'm going to be done soon so I might be able to start playing again.

4. I would want to go to Europe. Honestly, probably France or Italy would be super fun.

6. Yes. I think building specifically in hockey from the crease out can win you championships. I mean, look a Edmonton, they're doing the opposite and it isn't working.

7. My favorite anime, probably a dog. I have one that is a German Shepard named Chelsea.

8. My favorite ice cream flavor is butter pecan.

S56 with my old goalie Apollo Skye. was nice to win a cup with a great team!

I'm probably not aware of everyone from Chicago but maybe Michael Jordan?

The VHL or is that too meta? Have been enjoying board game nights and escape rooms with friends recently.

At the moment probably between Japan or Italy.

In the context of VHL then yes I think it's an incredibly important attribute and a solid defence core and goalie can win you a championship.

Strawberry Cheesecake is pretty amazing.

image.png.0feb80c598ed282abcaad925a3554456.png

WEEK OF December 4th - December 10th

1: The Chicago Phoenix have clinched a playoff spot. ARE YOU IN?

2: How would you rate this regular season 1 out of 10? And why would you give it the rating you have?

3: Who is the most underrated player on your favorite hockey team? 

4: What is your least favorite NHL hockey team and why?

5: Who is your favorite actor?

6: Do you believe the MCU has fallen off? Would you like it if they did a reboot of the universe?

7: What would your In-Ring name be if you were a pro wrestler?

8: What is the best cartoon theme song?

1 hour ago, Masu Chan said:

image.png.0feb80c598ed282abcaad925a3554456.png

WEEK OF December 4th - December 10th

2: How would you rate this regular season 1 out of 10? And why would you give it the rating you have?

3: Who is the most underrated player on your favorite hockey team? 

6: Do you believe the MCU has fallen off? Would you like it if they did a reboot of the universe?

7: What would your In-Ring name be if you were a pro wrestler?

1. Still a prospect but cheering on the team from Stockholm!

3. Pavel Zacha has been pretty solid this season as a two way center

4. Toronto and Montreal. I’m a Boston fan, that should say it all

5. I really like Tom Hiddleston and Chris Evans

6. Absolutely. I used to love it but now the stories all suck and it feels like nothing ties together anymore which is part of what marvel so good

8. The OG Spiderman

I'm IN! In the sense I will be cheering the team on from Europe and watching on TV

I would say a 8. Finishing top 3 in the conference is a huge accomplishment but still lots of room for improvement!

Probably Boston given the teams overall success and rivalry with the Canucks

Keanu Reeves currently is pretty awesome. Used to like Simon Baker a lot as well

A bit ya and I think the quantity of releases has burnt people out. Would like them to focus on quality and maybe another overall theme then the current multiverse arc

A couple of my faves growing up were Pokemon, Arthur, and Bananas in Pyjamas

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF December 11th - December 17th

1: We have begun our series against The Toronto Legion. Do you like the matchup?

2: If you could have a sponsorship from any company, which would you choose?

3: How does your player prepare for big games like today?

4: Who is your favorite profession Goaltender in hockey and why?

5: Which other sports do you enjoy watching?

6: What is your least favorite movie?

7: What is your favorite color?

8: What kind of animal will/would you get as your next pet?

On 12/12/2023 at 6:04 PM, Masu Chan said:

Y32Br0F.png

WEEK OF December 11th - December 17th

1: We have begun our series against The Toronto Legion. Do you like the matchup?

6: What is your least favorite movie?

8: What kind of animal will/would you get as your next pet?

2: I actually have no clue to be honest. Anything with food, or a sports team company would be the best.

4: Ryan Miller. I'm a huge Sabres fan and he was the first goalie I watched growing up.

5: I enjoy watching College Football and also basketball.

6: The Life of Pi. I didn't really like it when I watched it, went to see it with family.

7: My favorite color is blue. I like a lighter blue, but navy blue is fine as well.

8: I will probably get a dog when I move out. I don't know what type of dog, but I plan on getting one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hindsight now but at the time I also thought it would be a tough matchup as TOR was quite strong and the eventual champs. 

Costco since they have everything haha

Proper meal, nap, and pump up music

Was a big Roberto Luongo fan growing up

Basketball is probably my other favourite

Gold/Yellow