Town of Salem #11 - Sign Up

Gustav

Format Poll - Game 11  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What should the format of this game be?

• Normal Game - Mafia Evil
    • Normal Game - Coven Evil
    • Any All

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2020 at 06:08 AM

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

There'll be parties for hosting

Marshmallows for toasting

And caroling out in the snow

There'll be scary ghost stories

And tales of the glories of

Christmases long, long ago

You got that right, it's time for another Town of Salem game! First and foremost:

Rules are here

The wiki is here

Now...

CLICK THIS LINK

(no, that isn't a rickroll)

There's our first important update--we now have a centralized Discord server (the one formerly known as dead chat--if you're already in there, stay there)! After a bit of a debacle involving forum difficulties and a possibly unwarranted mod kill last game, I've elected to move all notifications to Discord. A few notes on that:

-JOINING THE SERVER IS REQUIRED for all players. If you're not playing, you're still welcome in the server!

-All notifications will be given out in that server, along with pings. You are responsible for checking Discord, at minimum, at the start of each day and night phase.

-All players will be given a gray role that just says "Role". This is not one role but many--they all look the same, but do different things so as to automatically assign to different channels those who may conveniently be assigned to those channels. In many cases, this will simply be a placeholder role that does nothing but which is meant to blend in with the other roles. Don't try to figure out what's what, because they look entirely identical.

That should do it for the first update--now for the second.

As many of you know, I took a bit of a break from running these games because college started back up and I wasn't sure how much time I'd have, or when I'd have it. I was thinking about starting a game this week (as my schedule does seem to be fairly consistent, even if I've been busier) and that was made a bit easier by @chatfan036 offering to help out. So, for our second update: eagles is a co-mod for this game! Feel free to consult him as well as me for rules checks and the like.

Now, for the usual closing bit: TRIVIA IS BACK!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THAT

-If you won the last game, you have an automatic 30% chance to receive a role of your choosing, if you'd like to request one. The winners of last game are listed below:

Spoiler

(removing the pings because edits)

-If you didn't win the last game, you can still request a role! Play trivia, and for each correct answer, you'll earn a cumulative 5% chance toward a role of your choosing, for a maximum chance of 20%.

-If you won the last game, you can still play! This possible 20% chance will be added to your 30% chance for a maximum of 50%.

-No, you do not need to do this if you don't want to.

-If you'd like to play without requesting a role, simply write "Random" in the role request box.

Vote for your preferred format up top and sign up down below, as always.

Target start date: Monday night, assuming I'm not too busy doing homework or watching football (or both).

(Apologies for the double ping for those mentioned as winners of the last game; I'm trying to make this look normal for both forum themes and failing miserably)

Edited by GustavMattias

List of players:

a_Ferk

BarzalGoat

Berocka

bigAL

Caboose30

Corgi34

Devise

Doomsday

gorlab

JeffD

jhatty8

JigglyGumballs

JorgTheGoat03

Josh

MMFLEX

omgitshim

Ricer13

Riley_Couture (?)

TheLastOlympian07

Edited by GustavMattias

9 hours ago, Riley_Couture said:

I'd like to join, but not if it's in the middle of the night for me (After 6pm EST).  And also the discord link doesn't work.

8 hours ago, JorgTheGoat03 said:

I'm in if I'm allowed to be in (also the discord link isn't working for me cause it's expired)

2 hours ago, JeffD said:

GIVE ME

I set the link to never expire; guess Discord doesn't like me. I updated it in the original post but here's another link for convenience.

For @Riley_Couture and any of our other friends in the UK--the "day phase" for this game (the one where players are actively encouraged to to participate in public) generally runs from 9 AM EST (inconsistently, more like whenever I wake up) to 9 PM EST (generally more consistently). If you've got a role with a night action (which is most roles), it's probably smartest to get things in after the day is over, though I do accept early submissions if you're up for them and you'll probably be awake to submit yours before I start the next day phase anyway.

The only situation I can think of where it's somewhat "necessary" to be online at the start of the night phase is if you're placed in jail, or if you're the Jailor (a Town role which picks players to speak with each night, and kills those who they find suspicious). You can still work around that, though--if you'd like, you can write up a note for me to forward to the Jailor, or, if you end up being the Jailor, you can put up a list of questions for me to forward to each night's target and make your decision as to how to treat them when you wake up.

Anyway, just let me know officially one way or the other whether this sounds good to you! 

(sign-up still open until whenever I close it tomorrow)

Last game, we had a tie that barely resulted in the game being played as Any All. That, combined with the fact that the EFL is starting their own Any All game soon, leads me to decide that this will be a normal game, with the Mafia as the evil faction. Plan accordingly.

Still time to sign up! I'll be closing this out and kicking things off tonight.

Also, join the Discord if you haven't! The following people (I think) are not in the server and will need to be to participate in the game:

@a_Ferk

@Riley_Couture (if you're in)

@TheLastOlympian07

@JorgTheGoat03