gorlab commish application

gorlab

jk but i got a big brain idea for both my own purposes and potential other member's future purposes

As I was high af making a graphic last night, I realized I had never posted anything I uploaded to imgur publicly (aka viewable by their community/users).

I decided for a laugh that I would start uploading all my sigs publicly and writing 'vhlforum.com' in the title/description, so down the road when random imgur users would comment funny stuff I could share it with the community.

then it dawned on me.....

we should make a portal page like vhlportal.com/new  or  vhlportal.com/join   where it's a very brief description of what VHL is, and a big blue button that says 'START YOUR CAREER' or 'CREATE A PLAYER'   (something that isn't hidden to a first-time viewer who currently needs to click on 'MANAGE PLAYER > CREATE PLAYER'  and vhlportal.com just directs to the "NEWS" aka VSN page, which a new VIEWER would be confused about wtf is going on.

so that's it.... that's the idea.

tl;dr

make a page on vhlportal.com domain that has a brief description about the VHL, maybe a flashy graphic, and a very direct route to creating a player.... something that could potentially catch a person who simply goes to a URL that they saw on imgur or whatever other platform people want to spam the url on.

Here an idea:

How about an area to view all graphics? Or the leagues best graphics? Would be a cool feature to scroll through for all members and a nice little memorial archive for players etc. 

Whenever a graphic is posted, magically the graphic goes in a section on the portal? Or again only the best of the best?

huh huh?

I really like this idea if we agree that all exposure is good exposure.

Mind you, I'm absolutely for it, but maybe the league shouldn't promote it as a convenient link that you can just drop anywhere--most people would be sensible with it, but we'd always get people who think it's a good idea to blow up some other community with spam links about our league.

2 hours ago, gorlab said:

fair point gustav, i considered whether having the scum that is the imgur community have exposure to vhl is a good or bad thing as well...

I don't think it would be bad in the case that you're suggesting. It's just a bad look if someone joins the SHL discord or something and just starts spamming the link everywhere.

On 9/26/2020 at 7:47 PM, GustavMattias said:

I really like this idea if we agree that all exposure is good exposure.

Mind you, I'm absolutely for it, but maybe the league shouldn't promote it as a convenient link that you can just drop anywhere--most people would be sensible with it, but we'd always get people who think it's a good idea to blow up some other community with spam links about our league.

People could spam the forum or portal link right now too.

3 minutes ago, Dil said:

People could spam the forum or portal link right now too.

Sure, but a link to the forum isn't being specifically marketed as something one can go elsewhere and drop in on their own time. I highly doubt we'd have any actual serious issues if we end up doing that with a portal page, but it was something that came to mind and I wouldn't be surprised if some mild trouble popped up at some point.