What's wrong with the VHL and why it's not as much fun anymore

ShawnGlade

Just now, ShawnGlade said:

*literally disregards my post about me telling you i wanna do it at the end of the week*

You “wanting” to do it at the end of the week didn’t change the fact that after you posted it there was a very short deadline for players who did press conference to answer the questions  

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Not sure why you're picking on this when 6 weeks is an eternity to prepare here.

are you forgetting about the trade deadline and freeze? i had less than 6 weeks to prepare, and considering i was aiming my team to be an upcoming team with talent, yeah it fucked me over pretty badly

2 hours ago, Dil said:

You “wanting” to do it at the end of the week didn’t change the fact that after you posted it there was a very short deadline for players who did press conference to answer the questions  

they can either claim it for that current week or the next week, its the same TPE regardless

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

are you forgetting about the trade deadline and freeze? i had less than 6 weeks to prepare, and considering i was aiming my team to be an upcoming team with talent, yeah it fucked me over pretty badly

trade deadline is when the league found out, so >2 weeks to prep for that. roster freeze happened AFTER a window for teams to make trades before the expansion draft.

Your team had a lot of young players, some teams get hit harder by expansion than others, that's luck of the draw, and had nothing to do with when you were told.

Ask @Dil how much good it did him to come at me without receipts. What you've been describing is very much based on your own personal experience, and has nothing to do with us leaving GMs in the dark.

I think it's great for you to get your opinion out there. Maybe some others feel the same and clearly others don't. I'd recommend for an argument sake it's better to keep it as professional as possible and leave out swearing so come off more respectful. When you went on some of the rants instead of trying to convince people or show them your side you ended u[p losing them because they saw swearing which puts them off.

maybe i was a little to harsh or whatever, but you don't care, but I am glad you're getting your voice out there and giving your opinions on things. I don't think a lot of people will have the same opinions as you do. That is fine. just like you don't like expansion but as we can see it is a good thing. This community had the small town vibes before everyone knew everyone, but when people started to leave the community started to die. We were very dire in the what mid 40's early 50's with the Project Player 2 bandaid. That just ended up burning people out rather than saving the league and did more harm than good.

I think you are stuck looking at how things were and reminiscing of that rather than looking at how good things are now and what they can be going forward. Expansion is a good thing when it is done right. I think the VHL knows this and they pick their spots. We currently have 200 members in this next draft. Obviously not all 200 will stick around but did we ever think this would happen back in Season 49 when there was what 12 players in the draft? No.

Look at the good things my guy, come back to the league and start over. I have, I used to be a VHLM GM (won a cup and top GM, not a big deal), I don't expect things to be handed to me, I have been inactive for a few seasons now I am starting over and I am having fun again. Hope you figure things out, hope things are good for you at home. Hope you can come back and enjoy the league again, it is prospering more than ever and I am sure everyone would love for you to be apart of it. 

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

This shit ain't hard, dude. 

Just be a nice guy and not give a flying fuck.

Don't expect anything to come your way, and you can become a BoG, Head of PT, ex-GM, make fuckin ballin ass players, and enjoy your time on the VHL like me. 

NOW THIS IS TRUTH BEING TOLD

If your reason for writing this article was to get pity about how u apologised and also to gain attention, you've failed the first but had major success in the second. 

The M GMs are amazing, I see them on discord everyday helping out those that need help, making the lr's fun and active and just making this a better place. U, Shawn Glade come in here after being inactive constantly, and throw in an article shit talking everyone you've crossed paths with. What's wrong with u? 

I'm gonna call myself a psychic here because when I first saw your name on the forum, I knew it spelled trouble. And this just proves it to me. 

And to the VHLM GMs out there, u guys are lovely. Keep doing what u do :) but to Shawn, stop vying for attention like that, it's childish

7 hours ago, BOOM™ said:

@Berocka

@dasboot

A big thank you to you for drawing my attention to this hilarious thread. I enjoyed reading it while I did a massive grog bog this morning. 

?

Thanks to you for replying,this made me read this lol :D Nice morning story to wake up to.

Edited by OrbitingDeath