With What happened this season , WHY am I still active and what brought me back ?

GoldenDoodleBoi

December 18th, 2020 marked the long awaited VHLM On ice debut for Abe Roque. Joining the VHLM as a waiver player shortly before the VHL Trade Deadline (User Profile Page says December 5th was the date she signed up officially) December 14th and over a week has passed. The league seems to be in shambles as Roque, going into Week ending December 13th having earned 19 TPE, 9 days after creating. The AGM or GM of MISS [Both Users are no longer in those positions, with Miami’s AGM now Full Time GM in MISS @Zetterberg(Ray Sheilds is the PERFECT example of the player I strive to be in the VHL one day) and 1st gen user getting to build his resume with a huge accolade being named an AGM in the VHLM. Not sure if he interviewed for the position or if Zetterberg just straight-out head hunted the best possible candidate for the job in @tcookieor if Tcookie AKA Addison MacLaren, Maclaren was obviously a player that was hard not to notice while playing in the VHLM this season being one of the best if not THE most skilled all-around player in the VHLM … those hits …. CAN I GET AN OUUUUCH…. Off ice as well, this is the main factor making Tcookie irresistible and top candidate for the job. Tcookie writes weekly coverage for VSN, so truly who else is going to know the league and the direction things are going and pretty much anything and everything insider info. Great sign @Zetterberg.

Too bad things happened like they did with @MexicanCow123being such an honest and fair GM respecting @ColeMrtz & @Bacon and the VHLM waiver claims unwritten rulebook in not offering me a contract until MIS responded… Yukon was the first team to make me a contract offer; it would be the only team that made an offer for well over 48 hours after creating… I was expecting at least three Immediate contract offers. Yukon’s offer however was, to be honest very unenticing. With an offer to play on the 4th line. So, my immediate thoughts were “Lets wait a good day, give GMs in other time zones a fair chance to make an offer before making an official decision and most of all waiting for an offer with to be ATLEAST a top 9 forward and get some PP minutes. looking back now the pitch was REALLY good from Cow and I should have signed immediately! After the response from COW, I received 1 other offer from the GM of MIN ( @Rayzor_7 offering 3rd line minutes in what looked to be a copy and pasted with little to zero effort. I expect the effort from my GMs to be equivalent to the effort I put forward, cool AF GPHX though. Even another member in the league @jayrad told me to sign with the Rush. @Eynhallow & @fyrefly were also there to provide me with league insight as 1st gens themselves, @Eynhallow AKA Isau Damoose, informed me of the leagues current status after 

The league commissioner and the first DM I received when joining and ALWAYS responding asap @Beaviss :beavbob: tagged all VHLM GMs. This made me feel looking back on it overconfident in my exposure and proof of skill. With the only offer to come after literally every VHLM GM saw I was a FA and CHOSE not to offer me a contract other than these two teams in MIN and Yukon, Cow actually was busting his ass trying to recruit me, that’s real dedication and I really hope I can work with Cow and @fromtheinside (AKA Scotty Kaberle) one day . Huge Shoutout to @Ricer13 for being honest with me that his team didnt have any room for me. He legit had a full roster however he took the time to respond to Beaviss PING to all VHLM GMs and was SO quick to getting back to me LVA`s GM as well as the AGM’s for both MIN and YUK seemed to be the only teams that knew I existed. Eventually @ColeMrtz sent a contract offer promising a chance at 2nd line minutes. Obviously, I accepted without hesitation…. However things did NOT go as planned after i made the decision to quote his offer and commit to the hounds only to cause more drama truly mostly surrounding @ColeMrtz and the mysterious @Bacon 

(Talking more about my 1st contract/waive signing issues TBC)

Hindsight is always 20/20 though. Like I said I was expecting A LOT more offers to come in within the first 24 hours of creating based on the previously created players before me. However…. That wasn’t the case {In the meantime I spend my time learning PTs on my own , submitting a Graphic, writing quality content for VHL.com, as well as participating in the Holiday Bonanza [Thankfully as I was lucky enough to be a winner of one of the Raffles ! 😊  (thanks 100% to such an amazing community of Users this was only possible with your joint efforts and amazing organizing @Beketov @VHL Santa @Quik and whoever ran the show and took care of the Raffles and anything and everyone Holiday Bonanza as I can’t imagine the workload and hours you put into that work Kudos… other than a certain few users that held me back from getting on the ice, but I understand IRL ALWAYS has to come before SIM leagues. If you prioritize this over school, work, your girlfriend/wife, especially your kids !!! That’s just WRONG 😭.

@ColeMrtz @Bacon No hard feelings, I will however ALWAYS mention this kerfuffle throughout my career LOL its just so funny. Looking back at my Players intro thread is hilarious. 37 replies and only 3 contract offers are of those 37 messages, wow that was a whirlwind and truly hope NO ONE, seriously NO ONE ever has to experience that when joining the VHL as a 1st gen. The impression left in my mouth was VERY sour for the first two weeks, especially first two days, I wanted to get Ice time and into the discord before the end of the season while I still had a chance considering the time I joined there was maybe only 15-20 games left in the S75 regular season. OBVIOUSLY, I wanted to start getting on the ice ASAP after earning all that TPE and have some interaction with teammates prior to the draft, and some stats to reflect on.

I wanted to publicly acknowledge my gratitude to @Mr_Hatter, and @fromtheinsideand @Rayzor_7, @Spartan for being open and honest, and @Ledge_and_Dairy for giving recognition where its deserved and you and @BOOM re-assuring me of my on ice success & @Eynhallow for trying to help and exemplifying everything this community is about and that’s inclusion ❤️ & @diamond_ace  too for pushing Cow to sign me in trying so hard to get me in the league and on the ice ! and @BOOM as well for being a hater , we all need haters to motivate us right Gunar ? If it weren’t for @Spence Kingand honestly @MexicanCow123 , @Beaviss and @Beketovdeserve credit too, I would NOT have come back or stayed with this league after my first 48 hours, and even after 2 weeks of earning I still felt ZERO interest to write or make GPHX but im SO glad I did stay and things finally worked out thanks to @Beketov getting me in the index and @bacon for finally dressing me after being put into the Index and @Bacon nor Cole dressed me for my first 10 games. I was a healthy scratch before the final 4 games of the season. (To Be Continued* LaterThisWeek ... Unfortunately have IRL)

Jan 14 Word Count 1121* 

Is there anywhere i can put in a Sig request ? just found out how to update my Sig LOL @MexicanCow123 if there is a User or group of Users that are free and want to practice some Renders for a sig for me and and my IRL friends  would be amazing ! PM me some users names that you know would have time or let me know the best and fastest place to put in a request lol

Ya Abe, I followed your process through the "kerfuffle" and the like.  I am truly glad that you hung in there!!!  It won't be long before we will be playing against one another....that is unless I can persuade @hedgehog337 to make a deal that gets you to Riga.  (JK, I don't have that kind of influence and I am too poor to offer bribes 🤪)  Nevertheless...have fun !!!