I swear a lot.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Episode-1-Catching-up-with-the-League-ev893l

In this episode, I:

- Thoroughly go over my VHL origins

- Go over the biggest changes since I've been gone

- Talk about some of the olden days

- Make fun of the 3PPAO hosts

Spoiler

I do enjoy 3PPAO, truly. You guys do a good job. Listening back though, I maybe don't make that opinion clear because I roast you all the entire time.

- Just generally answer questions

Thanks to the following for their contributions to this podcast, and anyone else I probably mentioned:

@GustavMattias @rory @.sniffuM @Hylands @Da Trifecta @Beketov @frescoelmo @v.2 @Victor @Knight @CoachReilly

pears are grapefruit tier

rory was our on location expert for the vacation episode so all gripes on that front can be referred to him

you fucking bitch I've been to europe

gen chat is poop now

idk I just remember devon being an asshole but I was like 5 then

I appreciate the feedback, my least favorite episode by far is the vacation one

8.5/10 coulda used better editing

Lol "On behalf of the VHL commissioners, fuck off"

I'm glad the game spread haha I myself haven't played since the pandemic, very unfortunate. I learned the game on a visit with friends at u of iowa and brought it back to purdue. I think my tipping point was when we started using four loko in that game. Good to hear from ya!

• Admin

AND WE LIKED IT is such a mood

I went back and reread your Builder article. I don't know how I wrote so many nice things about so many people it's so unlike me.

I don't think enough people ever clocked the high-brow humour of Sandro vs Greg Clegane.

I think I hated David Knight veering into inactivity and he hated me calling it out on a regular basis all the way through to taking his job.... but I'm sure we were cool in the end. @Phil will probably come in and say David still has a darts board with my face on it.

4 hours ago, Victor said:

"Take a vacation Robert" - wait til you hear about Quik's

I have! Robert DM'd me on Discord after listening to this, seething about how I demanded he quit the league, and he proceeded to tell me Quik did in fact go on a long vacation.

I was on team Quik.

Aight I need another review so here I am;

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this and your stories (league nostalgia, shit I've missed, personal life etc.).  I feel like I now have an idea of who the real Jardy is.  The hour length was perfect, and I look forward to future episodes especially once we get into the offseason/S79 when your player actually plays more than 2 games. Once you're more submerged in the league again, it'll be interested to hear some of your takes on the competitive side of things and league happenings.  Overall rating 10/10

Hey Jardy, first podcast I've ever listened to in my life. Loved your insight on the Sandro Trever Linden story, I believe Victor once talked about it in VHL General but I didn't know who Sandro was at the time. The time zone thread is also a classic to this day, I posted one of Trifecta's DMs in the VHL copypasta thread in the thunderdome a while back for the memes. Nice to see you back, if any older member was to return I'm glad it was you. The Sasky representation has been kind of weak for the time I've been here. 10/10

13 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

Hey Jardy, first podcast I've ever listened to in my life. Loved your insight on the Sandro Trever Linden story, I believe Victor once talked about it in VHL General but I didn't know who Sandro was at the time. The time zone thread is also a classic to this day, I posted one of Trifecta's DMs in the VHL copypasta thread in the thunderdome a while back for the memes. Nice to see you back, if any older member was to return I'm glad it was you. The Sasky representation has been kind of weak for the time I've been here. 10/10

I’m pleased to have taken your podcast virginity! You, like everyone else with a similar distinction, could have done better. 😛

• 2 weeks later...

Ayyy that April fools joke is what got you back?!?! 

“check the builders category”

“alcoholic farmer simmer”

😂 

Don’t worry about the Clegane bowl, Victor makes sure to keep everyone apprised of his league comings and goings :kekw: 

Love how offended you got at 3PPAO vacation pod

Also, put your phone on silent you fucking degenerate 

@JardyB10Sorry it took me so long to get to this! Loved this podcast. Was really mostly a trip down memory lane but that's what I liked about it. It's so interesting what different old members remember and what random drama sticks with you (cuz in the early years there was a lot of it ha).

Also, you should just make your podcasts a review of other VHL podcasts. 

You used to do a bunch of DriveCasts where you'd yammer about VHL shit on your way to work. Those were good!

The grading dilemma carried on for years. Once you became overlord supreme commissioner, I was hired as a writing and podcasr grader and victor svec and I basically carried on grading 20-30 articles a week. Also we bitched about the graphics graders like @Bushito who would just write a one-line blurb like "render is garbage and lighting is unbalanced" and that was it, where we'd have to read and comment on articles like @Zero's 3000 word article for 1/10 of a TPE haha. Good times. 

Speaking of Bushito and graphics, you're right - we used to have a load of amazing graphics people, including the aforementioned.

@CoachReilly &   @The Q were both awesome members