Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

On 7/16/2023 at 12:40 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending July 23rd, here are your questions!

1.  12 games left in the regular season!  What is our record going to be in those last 12 games?

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are already drafted, are you excited to join your draft team?

4.  Our very own Xiver Zilla is 6th overall in goals, does he top the chart by the end of the season?

5.  By the end of the week we will be heading into the playoffs!  Does your player have any playoff rituals?

6.  Each player on the team gets their own intro music, what is yours?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. If I were a betting man I'd probably have to say 12-0-0, but that's just me.

2. 250 easy, no doubt in my mind

3. I'm looking forward to moving on to the Rush and applying my banked TPE.

4. I see no reason why he won't score a hattrick in every game to close the season out. 

5. No rituals, just winning.

6. Bodybag by Hit the Lights, in honor of my player's newfound love for hitting this season. 

On 7/16/2023 at 10:40 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Probably 10-0-2 but im gonna be optimistic and say 12-0 baby!

2.  Im gonna be optimistic and say 275! If Kemp and Zilla go off then it’ll be lightwork

3.  My buddy who got me into the VHL is the assistant GM on the E team that drafted me so im pretty excited to get there and light it up!

4.  Pure goal scoring talent! If he kicks it up a gear like we KNOW he can then absolutely!

5.  Just hyping the team up to a ridiculous level! Big energy in the room means big energy on the ice.

6.  Gasoline by Måneskin is on constant repeat right now so i’ll go with that

Let's Go Bulls!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

1.  12 games left in the regular season!  What is our record going to be in those last 12 games?

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are already drafted, are you excited to join your draft team?

4.  Our very own Xiver Zilla is 6th overall in goals, does he top the chart by the end of the season?

5.  By the end of the week we will be heading into the playoffs!  Does your player have any playoff rituals?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1) 9-1-2.  Time to finish strong.

2) we will get to 250, need to help us get there

3) I don't care where I get drafted.  Maybe rome for VHLE as I love Rome.  For VHL have always loved Seattle.

4) yes it's time to start feeding him.

5) nope, he doesn't believe in that stuff.

6) Eminem, ‘Lose Yourself.  Great song to get pumped up.

On 7/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. 10-1-1

2. 236?

3. For the E I haven't played a proper season in it yet so it'll be my first time, I'd like to play for the red wolves. For the VHL, Nighthawks, Dragons, Phantoms, Legion, Phoenix..... just wanna play on a team with one of my favorite logos.

4. I'd love it if he did but.... likely not, I'll say he finishes top 5 though.

5. Play some Monster Hunter before every game.

6. Courtesy Call by Thousand foot krutch

We’re gonna win every game. Nobody stands a chance.

Around 230. Haven’t looked into our schedule much to see who we match up against.

Always Seattle. Love the supportive locker room there. Bana knows how to run a team the right way and I trust he’ll put me in a position to succeed. 

No shot. I wish, but Marchand is going off right now. 

The only ritual I’m familiar with is winning. 

Cocky by Kid Rock. 

1. im a bit late to this one, but i would've said 12-0 either way! we slowed down a bit towards the end but held on to top spot.

2. i would say 250 but that seems hopeful. we ended up at 238 so a few more games and we for sure would have made it.

3. i haven't put too much thought into where i want to be drafted. as long as i go somewhere that actually scouts me i'm fine.

4. it's gonna be tough to do that, i think he gets close but not quite unfortunately.

5. no playoff rituals here. it's business as usual as far as jebediah is concerned.

6. there are so many options, how do i choose? i'd probably go with something up tempo with a solid beat to get the crowd pumped.

1.  12 games left in the regular season!  What is our record going to be in those last 12 games?

Sorry I answer this too late so I'll just say 12-0-0 24 points, as any true team member would :P

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?

238, Because the season is already over, Congrats on the first goalie tho Behrens Minion

3.  Where do you want to be drafted to and if you are already drafted, are you excited to join your draft team?

Houston or Halifax for me, and the draft is always exciting tbh who doesn't get excited!

4.  Our very own Xiver Zilla is 6th overall in goals, does he top the chart by the end of the season?

No he is actally going to drop two places and finish eighth, life sucks sometimes 

5.  By the end of the week we will be heading into the playoffs!  Does your player have any playoff rituals?

No, Just to lose in the finals. All the time, oh and no points in my first playoffs with a player!

6.  Each player on the team gets their own intro music, what is yours?
Warriors by imagine dragon

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I come from the future but I'm too lazy to check, 12-0 probably

2. Same thing, I think 400 goals.

3. I would love to head back to Moscow, had a good time there.

4. Xiver Zilla is a really cool and awesome player and the league is rigged if he doesnt finish 1st.

5. His ritual is to win every game

6. Me and Yo Mama to get in their heads

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  This is my last presser as the AGM of the Houston Bulls.  I love you all!

For the Week Ending July 30th, here are your questions!

1.  What a crazy season! Most stacked team I've ever seen. It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun! How do you feel about the season and your players' performance?

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?Are you gonna keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and move on?

3.  In your estimate, what do you think caused us an early exit from the playoffs?

4.  Do you think a VHL player should have a cup win to be a HoF candidate?

5.  Who on the team are you most excited to play with or against in the future?

6.  AJ is stepping down as GM in Houston and subsequently, I am stepping down as AGM.  Give me some parting words for AJ!

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

14 minutes ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  This is my last presser as the AGM of the Houston Bulls.  I love you all!

1.  What a crazy season! Most stacked team I've ever seen. It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun! How do you feel about the season and your players' performance?

2.  We are currently sitting at 200 goals for as a team!  What will we end the regular season with?Are you gonna keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and move on?

3.  In your estimate, what do you think caused us an early exit from the playoffs?

6.  AJ is stepping down as GM in Houston and subsequently, I am stepping down as AGM.  Give me some parting words for AJ!

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. It was a fun season and I feel prepared to make that next step. Sometimes shit doesn't turn out the way you want but I don't think the results reflects how well we did as a team.

2. As long as it's not 200 goals against I think I'll be happy. I hope to be seeing my teammates in the future and maybe even playing with them in the VHL one day.

3. I shat the bed. Fml.

4. Jarome Iginla never won a cup and he's a hofer 

5. @jhatty8 probably he's pretty cool. 

6. Thanks for all the help you've given me. I probably won't have stuck around if not for you but I really wanted us to win it all.  See you next season in the SSL @AJW😎

1. I joined late in the season in hopes of helping the team succeed in a deep playoff run. I feel I helped out a bit on the depth chart and tried to fill my role as best as I could’ve.

2. I’d say probably 210. I guess we’ll see what the future holds. I wasn’t here long so I don’t have that strong bond as some other players may have but this is a great group

3. We just didn’t battle enough in the corners and took too many costly penalties

4. Not necessarily. If they put up some great numbers and tons of other accolades then I don’t think it should matter

5. I don’t really have a strong preference. I’m just looking to focus on my own growth right now and see where I end up.

6. Best of luck in your future endeavours! You guys did a great job building this team. We just unfortunately let you down on your send-off

13 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Woul have been nice to light it up a little more but all in all a pretty decent season

2.  Im aweful and keeping in touch with people so i think i’ll just see them in the league

3.  Just the way she goes, I think we did all we could and they just got the bounces. Luck can be a cruel bitch sometimes

4.  I think it helps the case but people can be record breaking HoF candidates and still be on a mediocre team

5.  Cant wait to see everyone down the road! I wanna see everyone in the HoF ballot

6.  Best of luck in your football career and thanks for assembling this team and thanks for trading 4 picks to draft me! Been a pleasure to play for this org and an honour to captain this team! Also big thanks to triller for doing these pressers and running stuff behind the scenes too!

Love you all and see you delinquents in the E!

Let's Go Bulls!

On 7/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I was hoping Kadachi would done a bit better but I think it comes down to low ice time (which I was fine with) and kind of spreading out his TPE into a bunch of different stats. We'll see how well he does in his second season in the M.

2. Well I would have guessed around 225, we ended with 238 so not to far off, we are 3rd highest. And ya I think I will keep in touch with some of my teammates, hopefully we play together on some future teams.

3. I really don't know, for whatever reason the other team just had out number.

4. No, because winning the cup is a team trophy. You can have a HOF career but never win the cup because your stuck on a bad team.

5. Assuming your talking about players, me and Slapshot always enjoy playing against each other or on the same team. Each of our players have played together on the same at some point.

6. Hey thanks AJ for bringing me in, it was a great team to play for after being away for some time! Good luck with your future endeavors! And thank you to Triller!!

On 7/26/2023 at 12:00 AM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. The season was fun, even if the playoffs didn't go as planned. I thought my player had an alright season, but not quite what I was hoping for. It was cool to finish Top 4 in hits, but I wasn't expecting to see a decrease in points from the first season.

2. I'm not leaving the locker room so I'll still be around.

3. It can only be explained by bad luck, Simon was just not in our favor. 

4. I don't necessarily think it is a requirement, but there's no denying that it helps. Typically great players win trophies.

5. I hope to play with Simon's Worst Nightmare again, he clearly lives up to the name. 

6. After being away from sim leagues for so long, you and AJ were exactly the type of management I needed to get excited about it again. Thanks for two fun seasons!

On 7/25/2023 at 10:00 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I felt that it was a really fun season. The locker room was amazing and we were doing pretty well. Unfortunately, the fickle god known as Simon T did not bless us this playoff campaign. I'm going to continue developing Raimo as a two-way player; I just feel that he was too inconsistent for my liking.

2. I would have guessed around 200 but we surpassed it by quite a bit. Our offense was amazing. I do hope that I get to play alongside some teammates. The VHL is a small world so I'm not too worried.

3. Out of nowhere, Simon T just insisted on hating on us.

4. I think that it should be treated like any other award. Usually, awards are reflective of a person's ability and if the person has a ring, it shows their contribution to the success of their team. However, it should not be something that a player HAS to have.

5. I don't like to pick favourites but definitely Rookie745. This dude has been a great rival and teammate, so either way I know we'll have fun.

6. Thank you for the reunion AJ and thank you for being with us Triller. I think the team you guys built was excellent. It was an honour having such a fun season with you two. I do hope we get to be teammates in the future.

giphy.gif

1. there’s not much to be upset about except for the playoff performance. it’s not at all what we wanted but looking back overall the season was great.

2. i’ll stick around in the locker room and say hello. other than that a reunion with anybody on the team would be more than welcome.

3. just bad luck really. lots of one goal games that could have gone either way.

4. i don’t think a cup is 100% necessary for a hall of fame candidate. only one team a season can win it and sometimes the stars don’t align even for the best players.

5. super excited to play with WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW because the bench warming is immaculate and the butt taps are second to none.

6. all good things must come to an end, and this was a great thing. both of you should be proud of what we had this season even if the result wasn’t ultimately what we wanted. good luck in the future!

• 1 month later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Let's not dwell on past seasons or poor performance. J.H. Dewberry Kalin is here to wreak havoc on the league and bring Houston a championship. Nothing of the past matters now. 

2. That's a lot of goals - if you were a single player. J.H. Dewberry Kalin will get that many goals alone this upcoming season. His quick feet and large frame is too tough to stop. 

3. Most likely the absence of heart-on-the-sleeve type players. J.H. Dewberry Kalin brings that to the team this season. He is nothing but a dominant force. An overflowing muffin top of a hockey player. 

4. No, sometimes players are elite and just can't win championships, but their stats speak for themselves. It's a team effort that wins championships. Sometimes the management and the team isn't there to support those types of players. 

5. Not sure. J.H. Dewberry Kalin is the one people want to play with. He's a natural talent - we will see who is able to keep up!

6. Goodbye AJ. I bet you were a goof AGM and deserve the best moving forward - too bad you weren't here now to see J.H. hit the ice and light it up! 

• 1 month later...

Pre-season press conference for week ending 11/5

caa7fa0345ef6e8a2034802b619c87f9.png

New season, new team, new hopes, new dreams, new goals, new this, new that, just get this thing started already! Since one of the shiny new things on the team is yours truly, and since there's not much to talk about in the offseason, let me use this opportunity to get to know this team a bit.

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

1. Let's start with a boring, basic introduce yourself: who's your player, and what type of a player they are? And what type of a player do you build them to become?

2. Speaking of your player, what role do you expect them to play in the upcoming season?

3. Are you a new Bulls player, or were you a part of the team last season? Do you have any history with Houston, whether with your current player, or with one of your retired players?

4. Since their inception in S65, the Bulls have been a strong regular season team, only missing the postseason 9 times and winning the Prime Minister Cup three times. After missing the playoffs in season 90, do you think the team is ready to step back into the Founders Cup race? Where do you expect us to finish?

5. How about your player? What are your expectations on them stats-wise? Do you aspire to win an individual award with them?

6. Team captains have already been announced. What do you think of the leadership group? Do you have a history with any of the captains? What do you expect from them? If you're one of the captains, how are you planning to lead the team?

@STZ @DDZ_44 @sportexperts show @mattyIceman @Dee @wcats @Girts @Arce @npuBeT

1 - Hello) My player is a goalkeeper and I think he will remain one) Pipa Pipa
2 - The main goalkeeper) I think at the moment it will be so
3 - 2 season with this team) the last one was not easy) But I am the Top1 goalkeeper for hitting the goal by other players)
4 - I think this season will be much more fun
5 - I would like to win something of course) but I'm afraid it won't be so easy)
6 - I love everyone) and trust everyone) the main thing is that they score goals, and it's my job to guard the gate)

On 10/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, VattghernCZ said:

Pre-season press conference for week ending 11/5

caa7fa0345ef6e8a2034802b619c87f9.png

New season, new team, new hopes, new dreams, new goals, new this, new that, just get this thing started already! Since one of the shiny new things on the team is yours truly, and since there's not much to talk about in the offseason, let me use this opportunity to get to know this team a bit.

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE.

1. Let's start with a boring, basic introduce yourself: who's your player, and what type of a player they are? And what type of a player do you build them to become?

2. Speaking of your player, what role do you expect them to play in the upcoming season?

3. Are you a new Bulls player, or were you a part of the team last season? Do you have any history with Houston, whether with your current player, or with one of your retired players?

4. Since their inception in S65, the Bulls have been a strong regular season team, only missing the postseason 9 times and winning the Prime Minister Cup three times. After missing the playoffs in season 90, do you think the team is ready to step back into the Founders Cup race? Where do you expect us to finish?

5. How about your player? What are your expectations on them stats-wise? Do you aspire to win an individual award with them?

6. Team captains have already been announced. What do you think of the leadership group? Do you have a history with any of the captains? What do you expect from them? If you're one of the captains, how are you planning to lead the team?

1. My player is 6'8" 250 pound Latvian defenseman Guntis Gavilrovs, I am a physical defenseman, lot of hits, strong D with a scoring touch. I will be building this way for a couple seasons

2. I would expect to play a fast physical role shutdown style and contribute offense hopefully some powerplay given we only have 3 D. 

3. New player to Houston, this is my 2nd player in the league, I played with our GM STZ on Vancouver last season with Girts Galvins. 

4. I expect us to win the cup, that's the goal we should have every season and with this current squad and GM tandem we should be able to do it. 

5. I would like to get the most hits in the league this season! Also wouldn't mind posting a point per game in the process lol

6. I have no history with any of them but I trust our management and im sure they made great choices and our captains will lead us to the cup! I'm excited to be here! 

First few sims behind us, and what a start this has been! Hopefully a sign of the things to come? Anyway, I'm tired as hell after moving my friend's apartment for half the day, so without further useless blabbering, here's another press conference for you guys in case you were missing some TPE!

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE. Also please let me know if you prefer the plain text pressers or if you'd be okay with me only using the gfx version, hopefully it's legible enough.

0RUEpDe_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&shape=thumb

1. We're off to a dominant 9-1-0 start. If you were to highlight a standout performance making this impressive start possible, what would it be?

2. Such a strong stretch always brings the same question - to what degree is this pace sustainable?

3. How about your player, are you happy with their performance so far? Are there areas of their game you're looking to improve?

4. Are there any particular matchups you're excited to see, whether it's our game or a game completely unrelated to the Bulls?

5. What's your player's favourite thing to do on evenings off as the days are getting shorter in Autumn?

6. How many wins will San Jose Sharks finish the season with? Are you looking forward to them getting shafted in the draft lottery?

16 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

1. We're off to a dominant 9-1-0 start. If you were to highlight a standout performance making this impressive start possible, what would it be?

2. Such a strong stretch always brings the same question - to what degree is this pace sustainable?

3. How about your player, are you happy with their performance so far? Are there areas of their game you're looking to improve?

4. Are there any particular matchups you're excited to see, whether it's our game or a game completely unrelated to the Bulls?

5. What's your player's favourite thing to do on evenings off as the days are getting shorter in Autumn?

6. How many wins will San Jose Sharks finish the season with? Are you looking forward to them getting shafted in the draft lottery?

1 - Of course, the work of the coach, and the individual capabilities of each player!
2 - I think we won't get to 10 losses for sure)
3 - I think my goalkeeper is performing pretty well)
4 - I would like to see how our team will play with NHL teams.
5 - To be with family)
6 - I can't even predict what will happen)

1. Gotta give it to Pipo Popa for keeping us in these game such a dub of a goalie

2. I think we will win alot of games and be close to 15 losses

3. He's doing terrible for a 200 tpe player... I don't know if it's my build or the sims but man he needs to get better at everything

4. I'm excited too face Ottawa again.. it's always a hard game

5. Stay at home with Lauren (His girlfriend) and his dog Atlantic. Play some board games or watch tv, anything that's chill

6. I'm gonna say 25 wins, I think they'll get 2nd and the Oilers will get the first pick in the draft since they suck this season ( I'm an Oilers fan ).

On 11/6/2023 at 9:44 AM, VattghernCZ said:

First few sims behind us, and what a start this has been! Hopefully a sign of the things to come? Anyway, I'm tired as hell after moving my friend's apartment for half the day, so without further useless blabbering, here's another press conference for you guys in case you were missing some TPE!

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE. Also please let me know if you prefer the plain text pressers or if you'd be okay with me only using the gfx version, hopefully it's legible enough.

1 - Our top players have played like our top players.  Everyone is contributing

2 - It's sustainable as long as we keep progressing and staying ahead of everyone else

3 - I'm doing alright, I'm just doing my part as well as doing what I can to keep everyone motivated

4 - That's more of a playoff question but it's always good to see where we stand among the top teams

5 - Race cars.  Hobbies

6 - I'd say maybe 20-25 wins if they can get some act together, that's my best guess.  Nah they won't get shafted either, not sure if Celebrini is a franchise talent anyway.

On 11/6/2023 at 9:44 AM, VattghernCZ said:

0RUEpDe_d.webp?maxwidth=1280&shape=thumb

1. We are dominating and it's fantastic. I'd have to say Pipo Popa is the standout so far, his goals against is ludicrously  low. 

2. Welp right now we are 19-3 so I'd say it's reasonably sustainable. I think we could potentially win 60 games this season. 

3. My player is doing great, strong defense and just under a point per game from the blue line. I'd like to have more hits or more consistent high hit totals but love the way im playing so far! 

4. At this point I'd probably say looking fwd to Mississauga anytime we play them. 

5. Eat a good dinner and fall asleep on the couch. Oh my player.. he works out and punches hanging racks of meat at a butcher shop. 

6. lol I think they will get 12 wins and end up drafting 3rd.