"Those who have impacted my time in the VHL"

"Those who have impacted my time in the VHL" 

Theme week Appreciation

Alright, I haven’t written anything for a very long while so this could be a disaster. That said, I have been in the league now for 3 years. I have met quite a few amazing people and have quite a few to say thanks to. 

Firstly, the person who showed me the first steps here - @BladeMaiden. I know we have had a very up and down relationship here in the VHL but even then I believe that without you I wouldn’t be here, I probably would have left VHL in a month or two. You made me want to become something more than just a player - you pushed me to become a GM and for that I will be forever thankful. 

Secondly, people who have been there for me going through all of this. VSN people - @McWolf, @Doomsday, @Mr_Hatter, and many more. You did an absolutely amazing job. You made sure that my job as an Editor-in-Chief was easy and that VSN was able to achieve new heights! Thanks for that, you all rock!

Thirdly, my Bears. @Rayzor_7, @Berocka, @DoktorFunk, @Hogan, @Acydburn and @HenrikZoiderberg. After going through the Wranglers, I had no expectations for the Bears. After having a very depressing time under Bushito, I thought that VHL has nothing for me to offer. VHLM was more fun, there were no real issues between players and it seemed to be more of a home. Trade seemed like a curse at first as I was promised not to be traded, however it did turn out to be a blessing. You made that team feel like home, you showed passion, willingness to be a true team and helped me grow as a member of the VHL. Out of all the people I have met, you have made me want to go back to that locker room, to you all and have those fun times relived again.  Thanks to you all for being so amazing. 

There are quite a few people I could name from my time in Malmo Nighthawks, that said - @OrbitingDeath, @Zetterberg, @hylands, @Baozi, @Sharkstrong, you made my time as the Nighthawks GM a truly memorable one, a time where I felt we could achieve anything. From lengthy conversations to strategies on how to win, we did it all together! 

Ivo, I know I mentioned you already with all the amazing Nighthawks, but you do deserve an individual mention too. We made some magic together there and I hope that at some point, I will be able to be your GM again. You were one of the few I talked to about my political career and you helped me immensely. When I had to no one else to go to, you were there. It was so much fun and your friendship I will hold dear forever!

@InstantRockstar, well, what can I say? You are a true friend, a person I can always rely on and who will always be there for me if I need to chat about anything. From being fellow VHLM GMs, to VHLE GMs and being teammates, you never stopped to amaze me on how passionate you are for everyone around you. You are a true shining star of VHL even though some might think otherwise.

We have had our differences @samx, but in the end, since Malmo days, I believe that I can call you a friend. Bees, school, life, sleep, VHL, food… Well, anything, you always listened and chatted when I needed it the most, you were there even though you probably got annoyed at me quite a few times. Thanks. 

@thadthrasher, you good looking beast. I guess there aren’t that many people I have had truly philosophical conversations with. You pushed me and helped me be more vocal about how I feel about VHL, things going on, you made me realize that staying silent is not an option. You are a good friend. Truly. Also, Wesley is awesome!

@Banackock Alright, I could go and say all the things I have said throughout the years about this man. A comrade who was an integral part of taking over VSN. A comrade who in my time here has arguably been the best VHLM Commissioner. A comrade who I have had deep conversations with and a person that is the most misunderstood in the VHL. I have thought about many things that could have happened, should have happened and yet I always look back at only one thing. Honesty. Honesty that you expressed in every conversation we have had, an honesty in talks as opposing GMs, an honesty towards your team. You made me realize that honesty is the most important attribute to be a great person and a great GM. You are amazing, thanks for pushing me to reach new limits, thanks for making me understand my value in this community and thanks for being such a truly stellar guy. You are awesome!

@Shindigs. Alright, whatever I say here has already been said but you are awesome, I am truly glad I had a chance to meet you and share a season together with you as my AGM. You are the most hard working person I have ever seen in the Sim league environment, you are a friend and a person I am hopeful I will share many more conversations with. Cheers!

And now, 4 names I want to get to know a bit better than I have till now - @Moon, @Spartan, @Ricer13 and @leandrofg. Moon, we have had numerous conversations, you pop on my stream on Twitch quite a bit and that always puts a smile on my face. Spartan, I think you are wickedly amazing and I believe there is still a lot to uncover for me about you. Ricer, well, can’t really say anything else than - you seem incredibly genuine, hard working and caring - exactly what I value the most. Mr.Leandro. You could say that “How do you not know your own AGM?” but I believe we have a long journey together and through that I am hopeful we both can leave as true friends. 

I guess that is it. I know I have probably missed quite a few names there that I should have listed. In any case, I appreciate this community, I appreciate the opportunities I have got and I appreciate that I am not yet banned. Thanks. 

Over 1000 words so will claim for 2 weeks :) 

Loved my time in Bratislava learning from you and just having great discussions. Between Vegas management and just trying to not be quite as insanely invested in the league this season, I haven't been around Bratislava LR as much as I'd like. But hopefully I get back into it going forward.

Honestly @FrostBeard you are one of the most amazing people I have had the pleasure talking to! You always bring positive energy to wherever you are chatting. I have gone through some highs and lows during my time here and during those low's I feel like I am able to chat with you and get a guaranteed smile on my face :) Thank you for being a great human. Love ya Frosty ❤️

22 hours ago, FrostBeard said:

Mr.Leandro. You could say that “How do you not know your own AGM?” but I believe we have a long journey together and through that I am hopeful we both can leave as true friends. 

Guess I'll have to download World of Tanks! Nothing like carrying my ass around Berlin to continue our journey. 😅