Theme Week S83 All-Stars

Scurvy

Theme week is upon us and that means my player, Logan Ninefingers gets some much-needed TPE before the jump to the show.   I wanted to talk about the All-Stars that populated the league when my first gen player, Brian Payne joined the league.  It was at a time when Payne was in his rookie season, and I watched the vets with super high TPE light up the box scores night in and night out.  So for this theme I thought I’d try to make the perfect all-star team for S83.

CENTER:

At the center position there were some beauties lighting up the league.  I am not sure if this was the meta change or not but there were some huge numbers being put up.  

My first pick at center for this season would be Calgary’s Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream.  He had 59g 63a= 122points leading the league and was point leader.  In later seasons his production dipped a bit but still was a beast scoring 678 points in 574 games.  

Pick two would have to go to Paul Atreidas @Mr_Hatter from Toronto.  61goals 59assists= 120 points. The first overall pick in S77.  While small he was never short on numbers. He loved to shoot the puck and amassed an amazing 3600 shots in his career.  In S83 he helped lead Moscow to a dominant season

Right Wing:

The pick for right wing was equally hard but would have to go with Alex Johnston @Alexfrom Riga.  Alongside fellow right wing Anze Miklavz  he scored 58g 55a=113. Big and gritty AJ could hit, pass, and score so while the league was stacked with great wingers,  I had to go with him.

Honorable mentions at RW:

Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath

Vasile Lamb @dlamb

Anze Miklavz @ke1vi

Left Wing:

For left wing I had to go with the #2 overall pick int eh S77 draft, Reylynn Reinhart @Ricer13.  RR’s point totals really jumped In the latter part of the career.  A 56 goal scorer in S82, in S83 RR scored 45g 54a for 99 pts. RR could hit too and had size to score those ugly goals.  An easy pick for S83 all-star. 

Honorable mentions:

Kyle Peace (Tor) @Peace

Zach Kisslinger II @Kisslinger

Brendan Marner @MetalToday

Defense: 

Ok now for my favorite position and there are some serious legends that played that season to include two that scored over 30 goals and weren’t even the point leaders. 

While I think that the top ten-point leaders on defense could easily be on this list I picked Jerome Reinhart @MexicanCow123.  He scored a crazy 35goals and 69 assists (104).  Now he was a minus 15 that season on a New York team that didn’t make the playoffs.  I think this makes this pick for an all-star in that even on a struggling club he put up some amazing numbers. 

To pair with JR I picked Riga’s monster Dman, Battre Sandstrom @Acydburn. The Sterling Labatte Trophy winner that seasons he scored 28 goals 76 assists for 104 points.  17 of his 28 goals came on the power play and he added 256 hits and 129 blocked shots showing just why he won the trophy for best defenseman.  

Honorable mention:

Aurelien Moreau (TOR) @Frank   Point leader that season. 

Hard Markinson (MOS) @STZ

Tom Eagles (LDN) @Greg_Di

Hari Singh Nalwa (WAR) @Dil

Bo Johansson (Rookie) @Shindigs

Goalie: 

Again, some great goalies to pick from by was easily Xavier Booberry @CowboyinAmerica.  XB went OFF this season with 40 wins 18 losses with a league leading 1.92 GAA and 10 shutouts!  Yes, 10!  In S83 he won the Brett Slobodzian, Aidan Shaw Trophy, and Greg Clegane Trophy. 

Honorable Mentions:

Tobias Reinhart @Spaz

Em Em Flex @oilmandan

Oskar Lindbergh @Doomsday

Brandt Fuhr @Tate