Edition 279

STZ

The interesting thing is, at the current rate, Mike's going to get a Defenseman of the Year out of it. But given a relatively lack of high TPE older players hogging cap space and many teams wanting to compete next year, expect a fairly large Hamilton market.

Wow, great edition all around, lots of talking points here.

I liked Coca Cola's interview, he is a funny guy and making fun of jala always makes me happy

Interesting to see two different takes on Mike. I think a lot of it depends on how active he is really. When I was with Mike on Riga, he was a lot of fun and helped re-spark my inspiration for the league. I just don't think he has the time to be as active as he used to, but still a good guy. And Sterling, you forgot to mention I was in that trade too :(

I was a VHL noob when that trade went down, and I had no idea Mike traded you after he had just signed you as a free agent and never even asked you if that would be okay, that's not cool :( But still, you and mean got to lose together after losing cups with Riga and New York back to back together :3

Sterling's article made me laugh and its mostly true but I'm just happy that I somehow rubbed him the wrong way enough that he dedicated an article to it.  You are close minded to me as a person based on one event that I've apologized for on numerous occasions.  The ends justified the means in that case though it was handled poorly as I openly admit.  What is different about the VHL on a worst case scenario than real pro sports is you don't have to worry about a person's feelings on every player they make.  If you burn a bridge in the VHL you literally are cutting ties with 5% of the viable players.  Do that a handful of times and you only have 80% of the league to pick from.  Real life has increasingly taken my time over the last year and the politics of the VHL weigh me down to a point that its no longer fun.  I'll soon be walking away from the league for the last time.  I wasn't even supposed to be the GM this season but not much can be done now.

Edited by Mike

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sterling's article made me laugh and its mostly true but I'm just happy that I somehow rubbed him the wrong way enough that he dedicated an article to it.  You are close minded to me as a person based on one event that I've apologized for on numerous occasions.  The ends justified the means in that case though it was handled poorly as I openly admit.  What is different about the VHL on a worst case scenario than real pro sports is you don't have to worry about a person's feelings on every player they make.  If you burn a bridge in the VHL you literally are cutting ties with 5% of the viable players.  Do that a handful of times and you only have 80% of the league to pick from.  Real life has increasingly taken my time over the last year and the politics of the VHL weigh me down to a point that its no longer fun.  I'll soon be walking away from the league for the last time.  I wasn't even supposed to be the GM this season but not much can be done now.

it's always sad to see these words especially from well respected members.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Not much of a loss. Again, you missed the main point of the article (which was that you're a lazy, poor GM). Your comment in the Seattle locker room rubbed me the wrong way). "I'll stay on and try to be active if you all re-sign" when you've made no effort to make the team an enjoyable atmosphere during the three seasons I've been on it. If you're going inactive, then tell the team and be honest instead of BSing around. Just like when you traded me (which I've long since dropped as an issue, but being on a team with you as a GM again has made me remember that you're just not that good at it. I've got no problem if you have real life priorities, that's fair and understandable.

Just now, sterling said:

Not much of a loss. Again, you missed the main point of the article (which was that you're a lazy, poor GM). Your comment in the Seattle locker room rubbed me the wrong way). "I'll stay on and try to be active if you all re-sign" when you've made no effort to make the team an enjoyable atmosphere during the three seasons I've been on it. If you're going inactive, then tell the team and be honest instead of BSing around. Just like when you traded me (which I've long since dropped as an issue, but being on a team with you as a GM again has made me remember that you're just not that good at it. I've got no problem if you have real life priorities, that's fair and understandable.

And I've said from the beginning that if you would have been honest and told me that you intended to trade me then, it wouldn't have been an issue. Generally I think it's fair to let people know of your plans (which you don't do).

2 hours ago, sterling said:

A) I'm not 100% sure but I took the "I'll stay active if you all resign" as a joke, considering he already said he was stepping down

B ) you obviously haven't dropped it as an issue considering you brought it up in your next comment....

4 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

A) I'm not 100% sure but I took the "I'll stay active if you all resign" as a joke, considering he already said he was stepping down

B ) you obviously haven't dropped it as an issue considering you brought it up in your next comment....

110% This.

I was leaving regardless of what anyone else did as I already tried to step down before this season my sense of humor is sarcastic and very dry if you took offense to that statement then lolz.  

Your main point then is that "which was that you're a lazy, poor GM"

If that is your issue with me Sterling then you are 100% in fact wrong.  I had one of the longest tenures in VHL history with Riga with tons of success and even left the team in a great place.  FlyersFan was able to continue on Riga success and then Toast kept the team in the playoffs after him.  That franchise had the longest cup drought in the VHL after NY and was left without any draft picks in Season 28 when I took over.  After a lengthy rebuild that team has been basically successful for 15+ seasons.  Seattle won a fluke cup in what 42 or 43 and at first I had successfully rebuilt this team.  My plans have always been transparent if you go back and look over every other season thread in the LR I say exactly what I'm trying to do in FA who I'm trying to trade for.  I can only say I'm sorry so many times for trading you without notice but you clearly are never going to drop that so whatever.  You have this sense of entitlement like everyone should bow down to you or something well Fuck you Sterling.

Edited by Mike

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

110% This.

I was leaving regardless of what anyone else did as I already tried to step down before this season my sense of humor is sarcastic and very dry if you took offense to that statement then lolz.  

Your main point then is that "which was that you're a lazy, poor GM"

If that is your issue with me Sterling then you are 100% in fact wrong.  I had one of the longest tenures in VHL history with Riga with tons of success and even left the team in a great place.  FlyersFan was able to continue on Riga success and then Toast kept the team in the playoffs after him.  That franchise had the longest cup drought in the VHL after NY and was left without any draft picks in Season 28 when I took over.  After a lengthy rebuild that team has been basically successful for 15+ seasons.  Seattle won a fluke cup in what 42 or 43 and at first I had successfully rebuilt this team.  My plans have always been transparent if you go back and look over every other season thread in the LR I say exactly what I'm trying to do in FA who I'm trying to trade for.  I can only say I'm sorry so many times for trading you without notice but you clearly are never going to drop that so whatever.  You have this sense of entitlement like everyone should bow down to you or something well Fuck you Sterling.

Having been in your teams multiple times I can say that you give yourself too much credit. You're just not a great GM. Look at your teams in Seattle. And let's be serious here, the only reason Riga won at all is because I signed with you because I felt sorry for you.

5 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

I think you're all missing the point that this is Coca Colas issue, and that he deserves to win every award, including VHL MVP

This. The only thing entitled in this thread are my balls. So make them feel like royalty already.