Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

Ohhhhkay. Late again but at least it's out early AM today. 

1. If you are a charitable individual... what type of charities do you donate/contribute towards? 

2. What has been your favorite game this season? 

3. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be? 

4. I can see some of you playing Cyberpunk 2077... are you enjoying it? 

5. What are your favorite games at the moment? 

6. If the entire locker room played an Among Us (or similar game) who do you think would be the best liar and why? 

1. If you are a charitable individual... what type of charities do you donate/contribute towards? 
In the past I've done some stuff with the Heart and Stroke Foundation, but I lost my grandfather to Alzheimer's disease many years ago and it was a really heartbreaking experience. So if I ever am given the option to donate somewhere, I try to donate  towards something related to that.

Well this isn't a Toronto Legion game, but this past week my San Diego Marlins beat a team 10-2 and I had 5 points. Was pretty pumped about that one lol

How we handle inactives and more specifically eliminate the difference in being inactive in the VHL and being inactive in the VHLM. It's really really easy to do the bare minimum once a week to stay active, if people can't do it then they shouldn't be on teams in my opinion. 

Yes I certainly am. Been waiting for this game for years now. Alot of people are shitting on the game talking about bugs and glitches. When I first launched the game it was brutal and had a bunch of flashing textures and overall it was a mess. But then I went and got my GPU drivers up to date and restarted my computer and its been fine.  The story has been excellent so far.

Cyberpunk for sure. Normally I'd buy NHL but I skipped it this year because it looked like they put no effort into the game whatsoever. Not regretting that decision in the least. The VHL has more than filled that void for me.

6. If the entire locker room played an Among Us (or similar game) who do you think would be the best liar and why? 

Not sure to be honest, don't know everyone that well. Probably Peace because A) his name is Peace which naturally makes him unassuming and B) he comes off as a friendly and helpful guy so you would never see him coming when he's about to stab your ass in the back!

21 hours ago, Peace said:

. If you are a charitable individual... what type of charities do you donate/contribute towards? 

1. The Equal Justice Initiative is one I've contributed to a lot in the past. Mostly social justice organizations.

2. Man. All of them - just getting the chance to do this for a living is a blessing.

3. Might just be the SBA in me, but I wouldn't mind sim attendances as a TPE option. Increase activity/interest in sim threads, while giving another TPE option? But I understand it's a bit more difficult here with the way threads are posted one per box.

4. I have not played it.

5. If I'm being honest - never been much of a gamer. Not much for me to answer here.

6. That's a tough one. I honestly couldn't name a guy from the group.

I really like "Toys for Tots" program and have been involved with them for years.

Pick any of the games that we won and that would be it.

Replace the sim engine. To what? I have no idea.

I can't get past the character creation screen. Should my player have big boobs and a dick or not. 

Shit game Cold War is still on my playlist. Black Desert Online is an addiction. Forza Horizon 4 out of habit.

Would have to be...Jaxx.

On 12/12/2020 at 12:30 AM, Peace said:

Ohhhhkay. Late again but at least it's out early AM today. 

1. I haven't before besides the charity drives here but I'd probably do food or health related drives.

2. My 42 shot shutout!!

3. Longer careers, 10-13 seasons.

4. I haven't been, didn't buy it, got to many other games to play and beat DX

5. Destiny 2 atm, where I've been putting in the most time. Some overwatch as well.

6. umm Deathclutch cause I don't know him that well?

1. If you are a charitable individual... what type of charities do you donate/contribute towards?  This year I donated to a charity about family abuse.

2. What has been your favorite game this season?  Probably last couple of games where we are scoring 7 and 5 goals.

3. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?  I guess nothing much, maybe some more involving sim engine or player creation.

4. I can see some of you playing Cyberpunk 2077... are you enjoying it?  Not playing it!

5. What are your favorite games at the moment?  I am more of a LOL and Cs Go player. But my personal favorite is OSRS.

6. If the entire locker room played an Among Us (or similar game) who do you think would be the best liar and why?  Not sure, I would say me.

Howdy, Legion! 

Some quick questions today. 

1. How was your Christmas? 

2. Do you have any plans between now and New Years? 

3. What did you get? 👀

4. What are you looking forward too in 2021? 

5. VHL related now... but what do you think of Toronto's season? 

6. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your players performance in 75? 

Very good. Stayed home and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet.
3. What did you get? 

Socks, underwear and a tie.

A Covid free world.

We came together and did played an honest game. 

Merrick exceeded all expectations for the season, thanks to his linemates.

1. How was your Christmas?  It was quite interesting, spent it alone, playing video games, but this time it's better than going out.

2. Do you have any plans between now and New Years?  Just play video games and chill.

3. What did you get? 👀 NOTHING...

4. What are you looking forward too in 2021?  I am looking forward on new games and just surviving..

5. VHL related now... but what do you think of Toronto's season?  I think we did well, but we could have clinched the playoffs.

6. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your players performance in 75?  9

On 12/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Peace said:

. How was your Christmas? 

3. What did you get? 👀

1. It was great! Enjoyed the time off with family.

2. Nothing really - just time to get back onto the rink and get back to work.

3. Not much really, but the time off and experience was awesome itself. 

4. The new season, and new opportunities.

5. I thought it was great. Not quite enough to make the playoffs, but we showed what we can do.

6. A 5. Put up some strong numbers, but I need to impact the game more in winning than on the stat sheet!

On 12/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Peace said:

Howdy, Legion! 

Some quick questions today. 

3. What did you get? 👀

1. Fine I guess, didn't really do anything. Don't celebrate it anyway.

2. Nope, just play games and work.

3. A shirt and chocolate bars.

4. The world getting back to some sense of normalcy, having hockey ^^

5. A little better than I thought we'd do honestly.

6. 8/10

Howdy, Toronto! 

Some new PC questions for the week. 

1. Did you do anything social for New Years Eve? 

2. Personally I'm not one to make resolutions. Are you? What are they (if you're willing to share)?

3. Toronto's finish in the lottery tournament doesn't give us any additional chance to win a higher pick, but we've still got two top seven picks regardless... what are your thoughts about that? 

4. This off-season has felt long and tiring for me... what about yourself? 

5. What are some of the things you look forward to in S76? 

6. Final question: What was the first meal you ate in 2021? (Mine was a bunch of breakfast Pogo's)

Edited by Peace

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

Howdy, Toronto! 

2. Personally I'm not one to make resolutions. Are you? What are they (if you're willing to share)?

3. Toronto's finish in the lottery tournament doesn't give us any additional chance to win a higher pick, but we've still got two top seven picks regardless... what are your thoughts about that? 

6. Final question: What was the first meal you ate in 2021? (Mine was a bunch of breakfast Pogo's)

1. uhh watched some stuff with my mom, ordered pizza, about it.

2. I never do, just keep living life really.

3. that's great, high hopes for the next two seasons for me.

4. I agree, although not long enough that I don't end up doing my PT's on deadline day lol.

5. Us being better, playoffs!!

6. Pizza probably.

I played Cold War most of the night.

I don't make resolutions as I tend to forget about them the next day.

We will be fine. The cream floats to the top in the VHL. A later pick could be better than the first.

Same, let's get this going already.

Of course I want to be a top five forward but team wins are the most important and I think we will see more success next season.

Egg McMuffin

Not really, was good boy and stayed home all day and night.

Nope, I am not a person who does that too.

I think it is really valuable going forward, with our main goal in eyes - CUP.

I would say the same, I don't even know where are we.

I look forward on improving my player and winning cup!

6. Final question: What was the first meal you ate in 2021? (Mine was a bunch of breakfast Pogo's)I think it was some fries. Nothing special, eh.

Nope. I was at home, crying into a drink and listening to my bogan neighbors and their shitty fireworks display. Fun.

Avoid Vancouver on draft day.

That's great. Just avoid selecting duds and best of luck.

Yes, same here. San Diego was fun, but the season is dragging out a little now.

Being on a VHL roster that absolutely dominates the Wolves/Meute.

I think it was Fruit Loops and toast with vegemite.

7 hours ago, Peace said:

Howdy, Toronto! 

1. I got drunk with a group of my friends and smoked some weed.

2. My resolution is to continue working on my music this year, and just keep at it.

3. I think we're making history right now, those picks are going to be important and I know that they'll be franchise players.

4. it's hella tiring, I wish that we'd have squeaked in.

5. I look forward to winning more games and developing more as a player

6. I ate some chicken and dumplings, with mashed potatoes, and corn casserole.

Sure didn't... Had to spend NYE and Christmas alone because of Covid... it's was incredibly sad

No, a new year does not mean a new me. It's just another month passing. 

As long as we can keep adding talent to this group I will be happy. We are close to becoming a real threat in the VHL maybe as soon as next season!

Because of the holiday season the last month has been a real slow burn. Not being able to spend any of it with friends or family made it seem like it lasted forever!

To just keep improving, we had an okay season last season but I'd like us to improve on it. Get some more wins, play a little better on defense. 

Made myself some Tacos it was fantastic!!! 

Toronto Off-season Presser

1. Heading into the draft do you feel comfortable with the direction of the team? 

2.  How have you spent your off-season so far? Training? Relaxing? 

3. Looking ahead to the new season, we're going to have some additional firepower as our picks from the last draft will make their Toronto debuts, what do these young guys bring to the table? 

4. Which Toronto player is poised for a breakout season? 

5. Looking at the roster now, do you believe the Legion have what it takes to make the playoffs this time around? 

6. Toronto is looking for some new drinks to sell in concessions once fans come back, give us your favorite drink recipes (Both Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic accepted)!

2 minutes ago, Dtayl said:

1. Heading into the draft do you feel comfortable with the direction of the team? 

I feel like Toronto is on the verge of popping off next season in S76. We showed flashes last season what we could do!

Well I just got knocked out of the VHLM playoffs a couple days ago and now since then Ive been focusing on the WJC's. Im GMing Team Canada this year so Ive been busy putting a formidable roster together for that. Also I am in the Victory ProAm again this offseason, so there's lots going on. 

3. Looking ahead to the new season, we're going to have some additional firepower as our picks from the last draft will make their Toronto debuts, what do these young guys bring to the table? 

Hey that's me! I know Callahan is gonna be a great boost to our offensive depth! Meanwhile me and Giant are gonna step in and bolster our blueline alot. All three of us have been working hard so we can make an immediate impact next season. Once my TPE unlocks I am planning on putting my DF up to 95, so that is a good place to start.

Leo Strauss had a pretty great season last year, but I think S76 is gonna be the year he really pops off and puts the league on notice.

2 minutes ago, Dtayl said:

5. Looking at the roster now, do you believe the Legion have what it takes to make the playoffs this time around? 

Yes I think next season we are definitely a playoff team! We were super close this past season, and next season we will be improved, so I don't see why we cant sneak into the playoffs!

6. Toronto is looking for some new drinks to sell in concessions once fans come back, give us your favorite drink recipes (Both Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic accepted)!

As long as there's some choccy milk and maybe some Nestea,  I am good to go!!

On 1/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, Dtayl said:

1. Yes. :)

2. On the forum? I didn't do a whole lot due to it being the holidays.

3. Our top four D has grown significantly. I suspect that we'll maintain our scoring pace and allow less goals as a result, I strongly believe we'll be back in the playoffs.

4. Strauss (IMO). 

5. Absolutely. 

6. I don't get too complicated with my drinks. I like the classic stuff.

21 hours ago, Dtayl said:

1. Yes, I believe we'll only getting better.

2. relaxing this time around, though not missing any updates.

3. Well like you said more firepower, and it will be much better then bots to since they can be active in the chat ^^

4. Leo gets my vote.

5. very much so, we got just over 30 wins this season so I'm sure with some extra scoring we'll be able to!!

6. I'm pretty simple when comes to this kinda stuff, I just like my pop, give me root beer, coke, sprite and I'm good to go. Whiskey would be nice to though.

Indeed I do.

Training with some fun mixed in.

I think they are going to be fun to watch as they grow into their roles. I look for some high energy from the youth.

Just about any second season player has a shot at breaking out. We have talent and I expect we are in for a surprise.

I believe we will make the playoffs if our defense has improved even a little bit. Looks very good to me.

I would take a nice cold Yahoo.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, Dtayl said:

1. absolutely, we have a good squad and are looking to compete for sure.

2. Mainly relaxing, I'm all banged up from this season.

3. These guys are actually going to be monsters for us this season, I'm looking forward to them coming in and competing for a cup with us in their rookie year.

4. Probably either myself or Leo. Kind of rivals but friends on the score sheet. Love him to death and I think he'll shock the league.

5. Absolutely, I think if we develop our players right then we'd have a pretty good roster heading into the playoffs too. 

6. Probably mudslides, or maybe even just straight shots of rum or bourbon.

I feel like team is pretty good and playoffs will be our.

Just chilling with my fam and training all my life.

3. Looking ahead to the new season, we're going to have some additional firepower as our picks from the last draft will make their Toronto debuts, what do these young guys bring to the table?  They bring youth and speed but we bring power and grittiness.

I am not sure, it can happen to everyone.

I feel like we are not a worse team that any other team.

Just basic coke.