Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. In your opinion... how was Toronto's S75 VHL Entry Draft? | (For Draftees: What was your reaction when you discovered you were selected by the Toronto Legion?)

I think the future of the team just got better.

2. John Merrick was irritatingly disregarded in the Top Rookie discussion, while recently retired Ritchie wasn't even a nominee for most improved... so how would you rate your faith in our 'award committee'?

It is what it is. Nothing to worry about, do you talking in the win column. 

3. Jaxx Hextall is sticking around! What do you think about having a solid goalie in net? | (For Rookie: When asked to waive your NTC, what made you decide you wanted to stick around in Toronto?) 

Good to hear. He has been our savior this last season and I am sure we will need his talent again.

4. In your honest opinion... was moving Killinger and Magnum a mistake or a requirement? 

Trading your two best players? What could possibly go wrong.....

5. What are your own personal projections for your player in the upcoming season? 

I would hope Merrick continues to improve.

6. What about the Toronto Legion? How do you think we will do this season.

I think we will be in a development season, so we will see how it plays out.

1. In your opinion... how was Toronto's S75 VHL Entry Draft? | (For Draftees: What was your reaction when you discovered you were selected by the Toronto Legion?)

I think managment did well. We are going in a rebuild so hopefully these rookies pan out for us and we succeed.

2. John Merrick was irritatingly disregarded in the Top Rookie discussion, while recently retired Ritchie wasn't even a nominee for most improved... so how would you rate your faith in our 'award committee'?

Awards are always a slippery slope and there always will be people who are angry and disappointed. It's just the way awards work. Nothing you can do.

3. Jaxx Hextall is sticking around! What do you think about having a solid goalie in net? | (For Rookie: When asked to waive your NTC, what made you decide you wanted to stick around in Toronto?) 

Hextall was like a wall last season, so it will feel safe having him around for one more season.

4. In your honest opinion... was moving Killinger and Magnum a mistake or a requirement? 
I don't think it was either. We wanted to do that and we will see in the near future if it will work out like we want it to do.
5. What are your own personal projections for your player in the upcoming season? 

I want to improve over last season individually. It doesn't look like it will be great season for team but at least I want to try to do my best work on ice.

I hope we get playoffs, but it is optimistic thinking. We will have a lot of rookies so this will be a maturing season for all of us.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, Peace said:

1. Went great! I think the new guys will fit very well with the team.

2. I disagree with their decisions... but I have no choice but to hope they'll be better next time.

3. It's awesome, he's so huge for our team and what we do.

4. I trust management. If they thought it was right, then it was right.

5. Just be a solid depth piece for the team. Nothing flashy, just here to help as little or much as I can.

6. We'll be great, I'm pretty confident in our group and think we can do great things.

On 11/11/2020 at 3:30 AM, Peace said:

Let's go Toronto! 

@Steve @joeg @gregreg @NickSunderbruch @osens @Matmenzinger @DaftRaincloud @Gwdjohnson @ngine4 @ROOKIE745 @DoktorFunk @fromtheinside @Callahan @Bobby Bummhole @Jackson Wilson

1. I like what Toronto picked up in the draft. I know that I'll pan out and stay active, so definitely is a good 2nd overall pick here!

2. I've always thought it was a popularity contest, but you do have to lead certain categories to be in consideration, so my confidence is about 50/50

3. With Scott Greene and Seattle, our goalie was our most important part. I'm very excited to play with Hextall. He's an excellent goalie.

4. For a rebuild, it was a requirement. Too expensive.

5. I want to win the Founder's Cup in the VHLM, then come up and win Rookie of the Year!

6. This season will be middling to bad, but hopefully we get a good draft pick!

And we're off! 

1. Toronto started this season 1-2-0... is that better, about or worse than you thought we'd be after the first set of sims? 

2. Rookie Strauss registered six points in his first three games, what do you think about that? \ (For gregreg: Strauss has scored two goals and registered four assists in his first three games -- do you think that is a realistic PPG on a team like Toronto?) 

3. All of our VHL rookies have scored their first goal! Thoughts? \ (For our rookies: How did it feel when you saw you had scored at the VHL level?) 

4. Veteran goaltender Jaxx Hextall recorded a shutout in his first win this season. Thoughts? \ (For Rookie: What do you think about Hextall's performance so far this season?) 

5. Everyone got a 2, 000, 000 bonus from management this season. What do you plan on spending it on? (Aside from drugs and hookers, Sunderbruch.) 

6. And a random question for everyone this week... favorite Italian dish? 

@Steve @joeg @gregreg @NickSunderbruch @osens @Matmenzinger @DaftRaincloud @Gwdjohnson @ngine4 @ROOKIE745 

1. Toronto started this season 1-2-0... is that better, about or worse than you thought we'd be after the first set of sims? 
We were in every game we played and showed that we can keep up with a couple of the top NA teams. We then put the hammer down to a team that isn't as good as us in NY. It wasn't a perfect start but much better then I thought. I hope we can keep it up!

2. Rookie Strauss registered six points in his first three games, what do you think about that? \ (For gregreg: Strauss has scored two goals and registered four assists in his first three games -- do you think that is a realistic PPG on a team like Toronto?) 

I think Strauss can totally be a point per game player on Toronto. With the amount of goals we have been able to score so far and the amount of ice-time Strauss gets I see him being close to a PPG and leading all rookies in scoring all season long. 

3. All of our VHL rookies have scored their first goal! Thoughts? \ (For our rookies: How did it feel when you saw you had scored at the VHL level?) 

Getting that first one is always a big relief, I was hoping to do it against Seattle but getting that first goal is still pretty sweet. I hope it's a first of many in the VHL. 

4. Veteran goaltender Jaxx Hextall recorded a shutout in his first win this season. Thoughts? \ (For Rookie: What do you think about Hextall's performance so far this season?) 

Hextall is out secret weapon and will get us a bunch more wins this season by himself. He is a top 5 goalie playing on a retooling team, he will get us a lot closer to the playoffs, a lot quicker.

5. Everyone got a 2, 000, 000 bonus from management this season. What do you plan on spending it on? (Aside from drugs and hookers, Sunderbruch.) 

Going to buy a new home in Toronto. Since I was traded from Seattle in the off-season. That 2 million dollar bonus will really help me get a nice play to live in TO. 

Chicken Parm is always a nice treat every once and a while! 

On 11/19/2020 at 3:18 AM, Peace said:

And we're off! 

@Steve @joeg @gregreg @NickSunderbruch @osens @Matmenzinger @DaftRaincloud @Gwdjohnson @ngine4 @ROOKIE745 

1. Better honestly, I figured we'd be 0-3, I think our Hextall is bailing us out.

2.I think that it's great, He's def a runner for ROTY, and I think it's hella realistic, better players perform better on rebuilding teams.

3. It felt amazing, in the first day of sims I had a goal and an assist. It felt amazing to see my name up on the score sheet in the big leagues.

4. Hextall is amazing, he's an absolute brick wall, and I think if we make it to the playoffs he could steal a series for us. 

5. I'm gonna buy some orphans and dress them up like elves and then make them sing cheery songs after making them all fight for one meal. 

6. Linguini, I'm not a big Italian fan, mainly because I prefer food with actual seasonings and not just basil and oregano

I don't look at the win/lose until we have played 10 games or so. Crap shoot at the beginning.

Great for the team to have youth doing good.

Gotta happen as some point right?

Great goalie. Glad he got one early.

Training of course.

That round one with the flower design.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:18 AM, Peace said:

And we're off! 

1. Worse, but thats okay. Sometimes it takes a bit to figure out the chemistry.

2. God damn son, thats some crazy results. 

3. Proud of my seniors. They're kicking ass!

4. Hextall is a beast, no surprise

5. Saving for retirement!

6. Lasagna!

On 11/19/2020 at 12:18 AM, Peace said:

And we're off! 

1. Well.... I'm not surprised, that's for sure.

2. It's amazing honestly, congrats to him and I hope he can keep putting up the points.

3. Congrats to all of ya.

4. He's doing what he can, so far I'm happy with his performance.

5. Probably a new vehicle.

6. Chicken parm.

And we're off! 

It's around there, where I thought we would be.

I think it's great and hopefully he keeps it up, if he does, he will be really useful for our team.

Well our gm has drafted some mad snipers, and good for them!

Hextall is awesome goalie, who kept us in championship contendership last season and I am really happy to have him back and do great thing with us.

Probably gonna take my family out on a great dinner.

Probably some kind of spaghetti.

1. Whew! Toronto is off to a much better start than we anticipated; do you think that'll all be derailed once TOR G starts getting his starts? He went 8-0-0 last season, but reliability isn't something G knows. 

2. Sunderbruch is leading the rookie charge. What are his odds -- in your opinion -- he wins top rookie? \ (For Nick: Do you think you have the talent to win top rookie?) 

3. Toronto recently beat London in a thrilling 6-5 victory where Erik Killinger and Chad Magnum brought the pain to the Legion, although Toronto was able to walk away with the victory. Was this a competitive game, or did you enjoy seeing your former Captain and Alternate Captain again? 

4. Joseph Gainer is no longer with us as an active member, but if he was... what would you say to him with his player leading the Legion in points? 

5. This one is more personal. How do you think you're fitting in with other members in the Toronto locker room? 

6. If you had a piece of constructive criticism for Dtayl and I... what would it be? 👀

4 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Whew! Toronto is off to a much better start than we anticipated; do you think that'll all be derailed once TOR G starts getting his starts? He went 8-0-0 last season, but reliability isn't something G knows. 

2. Sunderbruch is leading the rookie charge. What are his odds -- in your opinion -- he wins top rookie? \ (For Nick: Do you think you have the talent to win top rookie?) 

3. Toronto recently beat London in a thrilling 6-5 victory where Erik Killinger and Chad Magnum brought the pain to the Legion, although Toronto was able to walk away with the victory. Was this a competitive game, or did you enjoy seeing your former Captain and Alternate Captain again? 

4. Joseph Gainer is no longer with us as an active member, but if he was... what would you say to him with his player leading the Legion in points? 

5. This one is more personal. How do you think you're fitting in with other members in the Toronto locker room? 

6. If you had a piece of constructive criticism for Dtayl and I... what would it be? 👀

1. I don't think so, we should still be fine, because we still have Hextall to fall back on.

2. I am THE talent, ofc I'm gonna win.

3. It was extremely competitive, we barely managed to pull the win out, and I'm glad that we did.

4. I'd say to keep it up, he's really doing good leading us offenively.

5. I feel like I'm fitting in pretty well, Toronto is a very chill locker room, and I can vibe with it.

6. To maybe look to aqcuire a rookie goalie in the draft for when hextall retires, we would have a new franchise goalie.

No, I feel like he will prove everyone wrong.
2. Sunderbruch is leading the rookie charge. What are his odds -- in your opinion -- he wins top rookie? \ (For Nick: Do you think you have the talent to win top rookie?)  Well, I certainly hope so, but the race is gonna be long and tough.

Of course, it is always nice to see old pals on ice.
Well, I would say take that stick and get back to work! We have a cup to win!
I feel like I am doing just fine. We are single minded.
6. If you had a piece of constructive criticism for Dtayl and I... what would it be? 👀 Yall are doing just great!

1. It might but the team will just have to play a better all around game. Our goalie is our best player so he deserves some rest, now lets go out and steal some point for the guy.

2. 0% Like most rookies he will have a hot stretch and a cold stretch, I don't see him having a hot enough of a stretch to stay a top the rookie scoring race, sorry.. 

3. Never played with those bums, they got us some nice draft capital but it was nice to beat their old asses. :)

4. No comment for lazy members who failed us. 

5. I feel like the team has jelled together nicely. We are a positive group making sure we build towards a cup. 

6. Need more activity in the LR during the season, keeping the guys chatting.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:04 PM, Peace said:

1. Sadly yes, we are relying a lot on goaltending for this season and if even if he only plays against the bad teams it's still very possible we will loose.

2. I for sure think it's possible but it will be tough.

3. It was good to see them again..... before the game started.... as the goalie it was frustrating that the got a few past me. Epic win though.

4. I wish ya were here man, wish ya were here.

5. Just fine, always do my best to get along with everyone.

6. Really as someone with no GM experience..... I just can't think of any..... It would be nice if you guys could keep up with the triava since I usually forget about it here and there.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:04 PM, Peace said:

6. If you had a piece of constructive criticism for Dtayl and I... what would it be?

1. Maybe. I think we'll be alright though, we're a tough team.

2. I think he's the leader right now, and should have great odds. Let's call it a coin flip - depending on if the voters get it right or not.

3. It was fun of course seeing them before the game, but once it started it's all business. Happy to beat them.

4. Sad to see him go. Hope he does well with whatever's next.

5. I'll be honest - haven't been too active meeting the other guys. I'll try to work on it.

6. No real criticism, you guys are doing great from what I can see. As for something I'd like - maybe ping me once on Sunday if I haven't updated yet, it's easy for it to slip my mind 😆

1. We're a good bit into the season now, who do you think is the league MVP frontrunner as of now? 

2. What team has surprised you the most so far this season? 

3. How are you feeling about the season so far? Management is happy, but as a player whats your opinion on Toronto's performance thus far? 

4. Other than Toronto, which city is your favorite to play in, why? 

5. We value our players here in Toronto, what improvements would you like to see from the organization? This could be related to anything, locker room, team composition etc. 

6. The holidays are just around the corner. How do you plan to celebrate, if at all? 

2 hours ago, Dtayl said:

1. We're a good bit into the season now, who do you think is the league MVP frontrunner as of now? 

3. How are you feeling about the season so far? Management is happy, but as a player whats your opinion on Toronto's performance thus far? 

5. We value our players here in Toronto, what improvements would you like to see from the organization? This could be related to anything, locker room, team composition etc. 

6. The holidays are just around the corner. How do you plan to celebrate, if at all? 

1. Timothy Brown perhaps?

2. I would like to answer this but honestly I haven't been keeping up with the teams, league in general because of irl things, so no one I guess ^^''

3. I'm happy along side you guys, as much as I wanna be up at the top with save % and such I know this is just a season we gotta truck through.

4. Calgary or Vancouver, just because I like playing in Canada/being part of a Canadian team.

5. I can't think of anything....... just trivia maybe? I know I'll forget it at some point.

6. Naw, never have in my life ^^''

3 hours ago, Dtayl said:

1. Groovy Dood, he;s playing insanely good rn

2. Honestly? Us,I figured if we were rebuilding that we'd be closer to last place.

3. I love our performance, it's arebuild season but we're still winning, and I'm scoring goals.

4. Probably Vegas, it would be night to make an apperance there as an alumini

5. Honestly if Merrick stopped getting angry all the time. The locker room feels kind of hostile when he's in there. 

6. I'm gonna have some eggnogg with tons of liquor and possibly some illicit green subatance. 

It's hard to tell. There are a lot of players doing very well.

I think London United has being playing good hockey.

I always want more out of my player, but I think that is how it should be. Work hard, get better. 

Seattle because there is that chance of beating them in their own barn.

Soap on a Rope has been on my "things I really want" list.

Same as any other day really. Spend money, eat too much.

"I don't care, if he doesn't play for Toronto they probably don't deserve it. Everyone sucks if they don't play for us.

Quebec for how much they suck. The team is a fluke that won last season and now we see how bad they really are. 

I'm near a point per game and that's where I wanted to be. It be nice if I could get closer to the rookie scoring lead but so far so good.

Seattle, Seattle is where I want to play. I will be there as soon as I can 

Need to have more fun in the locker room, not so much all business all the time. 

Because of Covid I will be stuck at home alone... So I will celebrate over Zoom 

On 12/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, Dtayl said:

1. I'm going to go with Brown, but it'll be someone from Toronto next season. 

2. Honestly no real surprises, but I did expect LA to be better. 

3. I am management and desperate for some late TPE. 

4. I've only played in three cities so far. Riga, Toronto and London -- I'd only play in London or Toronto, if that says anything. 

5. I'll be looking at these answers. 

6. Well... my government is probably going to ban it altogether, so I'm hoping we can at least have a dinner or something. 

If I'm keeping it honest - I don't follow the rest of the league. I'm just here for the Toronto Legion, and I think with our record we don't have anyone in the MVP race. 

Kind of the same as above. But from a quick scan... maybe London.

I have no complaints. Team is playing ok, we're improving as a group, and are young and preforming. No reason to complain.

Definitely Los Angeles. Hometown and all, makes this an easy choice.

I have nothing to offer here! I'm happy with what the org has offered me, and enjoy working with the team.

Just spend the time with family, and enjoy the rest. 

I am not sure. Haven't watched stats, just been busy with my play on the ice.

Exactly the same, I don't care about everyone else, in my mind there is only Toronto to worry about!

I mean, this is rebuilding season, so we can't wait for anything this season, but I think we have a lot more in us and we can get into playoffs.

Probably Miami, it was such a fun time there, beach and hot weather. I LOVED IT!

Everything is great here!

I plan on flying back home and be with my whole family. And eat some gingerbread.