Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

8 hours ago, Peace said:

Okay... here we go again! 

1. Another week in the off season... is there anything I can do to keep you entertained? 

2. I'm running out of questions for the off season, so I'm going to start asking random ones... what is your favorite game genre? 

3. What about your favorite music genre? 

4. What about movies? 

5. Favorite snack to munch on while watching a movie/playing a game?

6. Do you crank your music loud, or do you listen to it at a reasonable volume?

@osens @NickSunderbruch @Matmenzinger @BOOM @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @ngine4 @Smarch @Webberj

@Juice @DoktorFunk @fromtheinside @OscarTheSwagDude

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. You could sing me songs in VC I'd like that, maybe grab an acoustic and sing wonderwall

2. I play a lot of horror games, like silent hill, and the RE series, I aslo really like stealth based games.

3. I listen to a LOT of music, and it varies a lot. A short list would be, Metal, old country, underground hip hop, edm, and psychedelic rock.

4. Favorite movie is A Clockwork Orange, but I also really enjoy movies that are suspenseful and psychological like American Psycho, Donnie Darko, and I also really enjoy Star Wars, like not just the movies but the TTRPGs and the comics and all lore I can get.

5. I eat most snacks with honey instead of sugar so sometimes I'll coat popcorn with raw honey and honeycombs, same with crackers and good loafs of bread.

6. I listen to my music at a reasonable level mostly these days, but before I had tinnitus I would listen to music on BLAST.

1. Nothing the activity in our LR. Keeps me entertained..

2. Any sports games...

3. Rock/Metal

4. Action and comedy 

5. Chips and popcorn.. candy would be chewy sweet tarts.

6. Always has to be loud.. Old saying is if it's too loud your too old..

11 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Another week in the off season... is there anything I can do to keep you entertained? 

2. I'm running out of questions for the off season, so I'm going to start asking random ones... what is your favorite game genre? 

4. What about movies? 

@osens @NickSunderbruch @Matmenzinger @BOOM @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @ngine4 @Smarch @Webberj

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Yes, play video games for us.

2. First person shooters, but also enjoy third person shooters, racing games, 2D and 3D platformers, adventure games, RPG's a little bit, same with fighting games.

3. Hard rock from the early to mid 2000's, none mumble rap to, usually listen to Eminem, some club/dance music to.

4. Action movies mainly, do like some murder mystery movies and TV shows to, been watching a lot of CSI New York. Love James Bond ^^

5. barq's root beer for a drink and ruffles sour cream and onion, pizza is great to.

6. Here and there but otherwise keep it at reasonable level.

1. Another week in the off season... is there anything I can do to keep you entertained? 

Yea another week in the off-season, while anyways no you cannot do anything. Enjoy being in the LR!

I play basically just sports. Odd other game here and there, but I have a fantasy team with Sterling in football and a fantasy team myself I’m hockey on PS4

I can and will listen to just about most main types of genres but my favourite it classic rock.

4. What about movies? 

I don’t watch tons of movies, but I guess I would go with. a comedy or documentary if I was to watch one.

chips, can finish a whole bag, sadly. So I stopped buying them and now they are a nice treat every month or so.

Depends on the situation, alone in a room loudish. 

Edited by Smarch

On 3/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, Peace said:

4. What about movies? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Keep making puns!

2. Probably strategy games. I've played a lot of Civilization and still do.

3. I'd say punk, but my taste is really all over the board.

4. I really enjoy horror movies.

5. Popcorn, I would say.

6. I always crank it loud.

Nope, it will just end one day.

Probably First Person Shooters or Simulators.

Ooh, I don't know, I like a lot of genres but probably favorite is some kind of folk pop or like that.
4. What about movies? 
Gimme something about World War 2 and imma be hooked.

I love eating chips while watching movies.

As loud as you can, BABYY!

The Replacements are here everyone.

1. 2-2 to start the season. How you feeling very, very early into the Season.

2. Three undefeated teams still left in the VHL (Seattle, Prague, London). Who is the last one standing?

3. Oh Sens has nine points in our first four games for us this season? What kind of drugs do you think he is currently taking? 

4. The two Greens on the roster have yet to score this season. Who gets the first goal this season Jolly or Lester?

5. Funk has a 40% shooting percentage already and three points. What are your early predictions for his end of season totals?

6. How's things? How's life? We in the Social Club want to know

@osens @NickSunderbruch @Matmenzinger @BOOM @Rayzor_7 @Callahan 

@Smarch @Juice @DoktorFunk @fromtheinside @ngine4

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

@Peace

Honestly, Ive been really jacked up about this season for a couple weeks now. With all the position shuffling and our additions in the offseason, I think if we all just work at getting our players built up, this squad can do some real damage going forward!

2. Three undefeated teams still left in the VHL (Seattle, Prague, London). Who is the last one standing?

I think London makes the most sense. They have Tonn in net who is right in the peak of his career.  Plus with Lahtinen up front they are always a threat to put up some offense. 

3. Oh Sens has nine points in our first four games for us this season? What kind of drugs do you think he is currently taking? 

Clearly uppers. Cocaine would be my bet, that guy is flying out there. Hey if it works, Im all for it!

4. The two Greens on the roster have yet to score this season. Who gets the first goal this season Jolly or Lester?

Gotta go with Lester, but Jolly can bury it too. Lester may be a former defenseman, but he knows how to put the biscuit in the basket. I think it's just a matter of time before he starts scoring in bunches.

5. Funk has a 40% shooting percentage already and three points. What are your early predictions for his end of season totals?

Clearly these percentages are very sustainable and will not dip. So by my math if he has about 200 shots this season I think he oughta be good for roughly 80 goals. Don't let me down Rayz.

Uh my life is actually kinda crazy right now. I've started working full time again in the kitchen I work at. In turn, that has made me realize how much I hate working in restaurants and has motivated me to try and find something else to do with my life. I recently finished an online certification called TESOL that will allow me to teach English to foreigners online. Maybe I can do that part time go down to part time in the kitchen too and kinda sustain myself with both of them. 

17 hours ago, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

@Peace

1. I'm feeling good, as of writing this we're 4-2. So I think we're off to a pretty good start 

2. Probably seattle, they're super good.

3. You know Sens and I are both smokin up a ton of mary jane after each game. I mean come on the man needs a break sometimes.

4. See that's a tough one. They're both insanely good, so it's only a matter of time before they both score.

5. Man, I'd say he could easily put up 80 points.

6. Want honesty? It's been really hard, getting clean and finding a new place to live is both scary and difficult. I mean drugs were what I turned to for the last 5 years, and now that I'm clean it's both rewarding and hard. 

1. I'm feeling good.. just gotta keep up the hard work..

2. i would have to say London.

3. He's an absolute machine.. if I would have to pick one I'd say cocaine

4. It doesn't matter who scores first as long as they keep working hard.

5. One of the top guys on the team 85+ points 

6. Life is good just taking care of my two daughters

On 3/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

@Peace

1. Pretty good! I think we still have plenty of time to turn it around!

2. I didn't check to see, but I gotta go Seattle

3. Cocaine, for sure

4. I believe Jolly did, if I'm not mistaken

5. All the goals!

6. Pretty good! Can't complain. It's been pretty hectic, but very enjoyable!

On 3/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, Smarch said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

@Peace

1. we were 7-5-1 and now which I feel is a fine enough start, I believe we'll only get better ^^

2. Prague

3. None!! the guy is just that much of a beast!!

4. They'll both have points on the same goal ^^

5. More than a point per game, say like 76 points.

6. Doing fine enough, just taking it one day at a time in life.

We are doing good, but we can do better. We have a great start with our young team.

In my personal opinion, probably Prague.

;) no comment.

I don't know, but I am gonna gamble on Jolly.

He will have great season, 100% over 70 points.

All good, I just want summer to come faster.

It's very early but I think we have a decent season moving forward.

Not really paying attention to the other teams. They can toss a coin for all I care.

None, he is just realizing his potential.

They both deserve many more than one, so they'll get back to back hattys.

He will probably lead the team in points or something, so 88 points.

You really don't want/need to know right now. Thanks for asking though.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:02 PM, Smarch said:

1. I've covered it in a media spot I recently posted, but honestly I think I let my expectations get the better of me now that we're 8-5-2.

2. They all fell like dominoes. 

3. I've spiked his water bottle with a very special, homegrown... thing. 

4. They've both scored a goal now, so the next question is... who gets to 20 faster. 👀

5. 40%? I expect better from the legendary Rayz player agency! (I really don't, I'm happy to have him on the team.) 

6.  Life is uh... boring, damn bloody pandemic. 

Well hello there! New PC for you wonderful people. 

1. Toronto just completed a huge trade that brought in Hornet and Adrienne... thoughts? (For McWolf/Poptart: What do you think about the value sent that brought you here?) 

2. What has been your favorite game of the season so far? 

3. The Toronto Social Club said goodbye to two members of our LR yesterday... how do you feel? 

4. SS Hornet somehow had a -20 this season with Vancouver. Care to guess why?

5. Giant and Welch are tied with ten goals a piece. Who do you think reaches 15 first? 

6. Green and Sens are tied with seventeen assists each. Who do you think gets the next for 18? 

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @Webberj

@Poptart @fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

11 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Toronto just completed a huge trade that brought in Hornet and Adrienne... thoughts? (For McWolf/Poptart: What do you think about the value sent that brought you here?) 

3. The Toronto Social Club said goodbye to two members of our LR yesterday... how do you feel? 

5. Giant and Welch are tied with ten goals a piece. Who do you think reaches 15 first? 

6. Green and Sens are tied with seventeen assists each. Who do you think gets the next for 18? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I think we brought in some excellent talent, and I feel as though they'll begin producing with the team once we find our chemistry.

2. I don't really have one, every time we beat seattle I'm happy, but I haven't been playing well at all this season, not a lot of games to pick from yet.

3. it's unfortunate, we lost some players who really put a lot of work, and I'll especially miss Weiss.

4. It's because Vancouver is bad and doesn't know how to play a proper balanced game, Hornet isnt to blame.

5. Welch, but only because I literally flipped a coin, both these guys could score at any time.

6. I think that they both get an assist on the next goal scored and they stay tied at 18.

1. Toronto just completed a huge trade that brought in Hornet and Adrienne... thoughts? (For McWolf/Poptart: What do you think about the value sent that brought you here?) 

You personally know my thoughts and I don’t want to give much away with behind the scenes stuff, but as I told you while you were working this deal, makes us a top three team on my opinion. 

Every loss has been my favourite. It’s showing us where we need to improve to be a top tier team in the league. 

I mean it’s sucked to have some quality members leave the roster, but the main core is still around in the LR to ease the pain.

Sometimes it just the way the shit winds blow Ricky. 

Welch has the slight lead after the most recent games, but I got to do with my old blue line mate in Jolly. 

We both hit is in the same day, so win! 

On 4/2/2021 at 5:18 AM, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Pretty excited about this trade! Hopefully it makes us more dominant!

2. Any of the ones where I got 2 goals.

3. It's bittersweet

4. I'm not sure. Cause Beaviss left?

5. Giant!!!

6. Sen for sure 

1. I Feel pretty good brought in two exceptional players

2. Any of our wins

3. It's always hard to see guys leave.

4. Vancouver Is lost without Beavis.

5. Gonna go with Welch.

6. Gotta go with Sens.

On 4/2/2021 at 3:18 AM, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. It's pretty cool and definitely makes the team better overall, it is sad to loose Anigbogu and we will miss him. Part of life though in the league, good trade in the end.

2. My one shutout game so far for sure!!

3. Again sad, and in a perfect world we could have kept them all but it's just the way these things work, it's never easy I imagine.

4. I would say bad goaltending but Spyro was still there last season, really from what I saw last season I just have no guess why.

5. Welch!

6. Sens!

I feel like it's the step in the right direction, if we want to win this season. It makes me feel even better about team so all good!

All of the games where we have won!
It's always bad to say goodbye to teammates, but it is something that you have to get used to.

Unlucky I guess, he will do much better with us!

I have to go with my boooy Christopher!

I think we already got it both, so skip for me in this question.

I welcome any move that looks to improve the roster and the possibility for team success.

Any game that we have won to be honest. We need some more consistency.

That's life. They were both valued members that spent a good while with the Legion. Thanks for your contributions.

He broke a mirror, stepped on a crack, saw a black cat and walked under a ladder all on the same day.

Tough choice but probably Welch because he's such a stud.

Sens probably wins this one. Not sure why but it's 50-50 right?

We did it! I may have jynx'd us though...

1. A win... finally! What can we learn from the 8L streak we endured?

2. The lines were shaken up, promised to players regarding lines and ice time were broken, so was the W worth it?

3. The EU Conference has been destroying Toronto. What do you think we can do to improve ourselves? 

4. One of our dominating wins was a 8-3 W. Did you enjoy that game... was it fun to participate in?

5. On a scale of 1-10 where was your panic level during the 8L streak?

6. Do you think we can climb back up the NA Conference?

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. A win... finally! What can we learn from the 8L streak we endured?

We can learn the important of patience. Patience is a virtue.

2. The lines were shaken up, promised to players regarding lines and ice time were broken, so was the W worth it?

Meh not really. Sims are totally random anyways. We still lost to Malmo that same sim. And now you've proven that your word is as random as the sims. I think it's better to stick to your word. If you are going to just do whatever you want then don't make promises.

3. The EU Conference has been destroying Toronto. What do you think we can do to improve ourselves? 

All we can do is keep earning TPE to get better. This whole thing was to be a process. We have a young core of players that are all going to get better. 

4. One of our dominating wins was a 8-3 W. Did you enjoy that game... was it fun to participate in?

Of course, who doesn't like scoring goals. At the end of the day though its all about the getting the W.

5. On a scale of 1-10 where was your panic level during the 8L streak?

1 or 2. There's no reason to panic. The sims are out of my control. It's mostly RNG so me freaking out isn't going to change much.

6. Do you think we can climb back up the NA Conference?

Yeah, I mean it's definitely possible. I guess we will have to see what happens.