Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. We recently made pair of trades that sent out John Merrick and Leo Strauss, what are your thoughts on those particular trades and do you think we got back fair value? 

It's great, that we got rid of John Merrick, he is a locker room cancer and it is good, that we eliminated him early, I liked Strauss tho, gonna miss him.

2. Toronto released a podcast! Have you listened to it yet? Any suggestions on how to improve it? 
I haven't, I am more of a music dude.
3. Since the trade Toronto is 2-2-2. Is that better than you expected, or do you believe we can get more out of this squad? 

We can always get more, but at this moment we are fine.

4. Do you feel like you can be yourself within our locker room? Dangerous question, I know!

I feel like we have a group of good teammates and we will have a lot of fun.

5. What are your favorite things about Toronto this season? 

Probably teammates, we have gathered really goodo group.

6. Toronto management thrives on being transparent within the locker room. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve communication between myself and the LR? 

I feel like we got rid of the main problem in LR and we are fine now!

1. We recently made pair of trades that sent out John Merrick and Leo Strauss, what are your thoughts on those particular trades and do you think we got back fair value? 
I don't feel confident enough in my VHL knowledge to judge the trade value. However, I definitely trust the GM's direction and prefer a lower drama environment, which this move seems to have effectively created.

2. Toronto released a podcast! Have you listened to it yet? Any suggestions on how to improve it? 

I have not yet listened to it. I might give it a listen later tonight.

3. Since the trade Toronto is 2-2-2. Is that better than you expected, or do you believe we can get more out of this squad? 

I definitely think we can do better. There's no limit for a team working together to improve every game.

4. Do you feel like you can be yourself within our locker room? Dangerous question, I know!

I definitely am not the most active member in the Toronto LR, but from my little experience I'd say yes. Seems like a nice bunch.

How young this team is, so many bright pieces for the future after the great rookie class joined us.

6. Toronto management thrives on being transparent within the locker room. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve communication between myself and the LR? 

Nope! I feel that communication at least between myself and management has been super transparent and open.

Considering what was sent I think we did well

I haven't yet but I will

Solid, anytime we can get at least 50% of the points is sold

Mostly, a little iffy with alumni being there

The LR feels good now

Seems to be good to me so far

Toronto Weekly Presser

1. What are your thoughts on Toronto's season so far? 

2. Do you enjoy playing for this team? 

3. Who do you think has been the Legion's best player thus far? 

4. The Legion have a losing record this season, what keeps you motivated to come out and play every night even when the losses start to pile up? 

5. Despite struggling this season, do you think the trajectory of the team is positive? 

6. Who do you think has the most creative team name in the VHL/VHLM ?

Well of course we had an early season shakeup, so things didn't go the way I had imagined, but I am happy with the moves the organization has made and I think we will be a strong team in the near future.

I do. I think we have a great nucleus and I am thrilled to be a part of it Post-trade, the atmosphere in the LR has been fantastic. #TorontoSocialClub

Honestly I think Ziairie Anigbogu has been rock solid just like last season. Anigbogu has been a great role model for me to learn from and I would be blessed to experience even a fraction of his success in coming years.

4. The Legion have a losing record this season, what keeps you motivated to come out and play every night even when the losses start to pile up? 

I think despite seeing some tough losses, it is important to find tiny victories in defeat. Also I want to see this young core develop and you can only learn things from defeat.

5. Despite struggling this season, do you think the trajectory of the team is positive? 

For sure... I think our back end is just about locked down for the foreseeable future with Hedge as our goalie of the future (RIP Hextall :(❤️) Green and Greene, Juicey, myself and Anigbogu... that's a hell of a back end. We also have some deadly talent up front, we just need a couple more pieces to help those fellas out and then we are set!

There are some beauties but I am partial to Christian Mingle, that one cracks me up quite a bit :D

We are not playing terrible, but again if you aren't looking for a social gathering the game is about winning. So my thoughts are we need to win more soon.

I do, the team is fun to be around. Good mix of Legion talk in the LR and outside the team talk too. We have a good core, just need to continue with with

Oh Sens has had a great season so far. Looking to again shoot for 80+ points for a second consecutive season, that's a good season from a guy in his third full season in the VHL

I want to help this team back to the Continental Cup. Its been a decade since the cup was last with the Legion. With everything the guys on the roster have appeared to gone through, I wanna help them get there. 

I do believe we are headed in the right direction. However there is lots of work ahead and sim luck needed to get to the next level. 

Halifax. Great history, great name. Suck rocks to those who think otherwise. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, Peace said:

Well well well... another week of PCs up for you all! 

@NickSunderbruch @Callahan @Matmenzinger @Rayzor_7 @osens 

@ngine4 @DoktorFunk @fromtheinside @Juice @Smarch

@ROOKIE745

@hedgehog337

1. I think we did. It was one of those things where it will definitely hurt now, but it will be good in the long.

2. Not only did I listen to it; I was on it! It was great!

3. I think we can get better. We just need to find a way to gel better!

4. I do, but I've been silent lately EVERYWHERE in the discord.

5. The culture is fantastic with the team and everyone is really nice. 

6. I actually think you already do a fantastic job with communicating with us, so idk.

On 2/1/2021 at 5:25 PM, Dtayl said:

Toronto Weekly Presser

1.I think we got some work to do, and we can sneak into the playoffs 

2. I love Toronto

3. Jaxx hands down, mans is a fuckin beast

4. I see the fans, and my teammates and it motivates me to push harder

5. I think we're doing fine, I know we're struggling but theres a lot of hockey to be played

6. The Ace's. hands down.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, Dtayl said:

Toronto Weekly Presser

1. It's..... been rough, but were a fighter, we don't give up easily that's for sure.

2. Since I came here and started in S71, hell yes!

3. Can I say myself? but seriously probably Kaberle

4. See how my player is doing and just check up on the team, see how everyone is doing.

5. Yes, very much so.

6. team name? probably the Malmo Nighthawks.

Toronto Weekly Presser

Eh, we are doing fine, but we 100% can do much better. We have gotten some more pieces, so I think we will be good.

Yes, I do. This team is awesome and we have a good group this season.

I feel like our goalie, Hextall, he could be playing in stronger team, but he is with us here.

Our awesome group of teammates. Just leaving all 100% for each of us.

I feel like we are working for our future and in the future we will be a force to be reckon with.

6. Who do you think has the most creative team name in the VHL/VHLM ?

Miami Marauders, not only my favorite team but also Marauders are really awesome name.

I've only just arrived so I don't think my opinion holds much weight. We currently sit on 32 points and are above New York in the standings, but we have the talent to improve from this point.

Absolutely. After arriving in Toronto yesterday, it's been a great experience. Everyone has been welcoming and I'm looking forward to being a part of the Legion for a long time to come.

Oh Sens has been impressive and leads the team in points with 43 and I think Funk Jr and his 136 hits has played well too.

This team is hungry and looking to rebuild the Legion into the powerhouse of the NA conference that it once was. Myself and the other players in the LR this season are committed to seeing this team succeed.

With continued effort and improvement, I'm positive that we can achieve our lofty ambitions.

You're asking someone who sucks at creating names, so everyone not named Gunnar Odinsson has a great name in my opinion.

Howdy Legion! 

1. There's been plenty of trades this season from Toronto. Did you expect this much movement from management when the season started, or has it caught you by surprise? 

2. Our recent acquisition -- Gunnar Odinsson -- has joined the club and has already imprinted himself into our culture. What are your thoughts about him joining the team and immediately associating with us? / (TO BOOM: What are your thoughts about the Legions' LR culture?) 

3. The term 'the future is bright' is usually applied to optimistic expectations for the near future, and is a shared opinion among the entire LR. As an individual what are your expectations for S77?  

4. The trade deadline is still a fair distance away, yet the majority of the teams who wanted to sell have already sold. Do you anticipate a quiet trade deadline or do you think there will be one or two more 'woah' trades between now and then?

5. What are your thoughts about this seasons theme week? 

6. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?

@osens @NickSunderbruch @Matmenzinger @BOOM @Rayzor_7 @Callahan

@Smarch @Juice @DoktorFunk @fromtheinside @ngine4

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

18 hours ago, Peace said:

Howdy Legion! 

1. There's been plenty of trades this season from Toronto. Did you expect this much movement from management when the season started, or has it caught you by surprise? 

2. Our recent acquisition -- Gunnar Odinsson -- has joined the club and has already imprinted himself into our culture. What are your thoughts about him joining the team and immediately associating with us? / (TO BOOM: What are your thoughts about the Legions' LR culture?) 

3. The term 'the future is bright' is usually applied to optimistic expectations for the near future, and is a shared opinion among the entire LR. As an individual what are your expectations for S77?  

4. The trade deadline is still a fair distance away, yet the majority of the teams who wanted to sell have already sold. Do you anticipate a quiet trade deadline or do you think there will be one or two more 'woah' trades between now and then?

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I would say overall it caught me by surprise, but I'm not displeased in the slightest. We have such a tight knit lockerroom now with the recent acuitions of BOOM and Smarch that it makes me so happy to be in Toronto.

2. I loved BOOM before he joined due to what I seen from him in the VHL general chat and elsewhere in the forums, but I love this man even more now that he joined the team. He is the perfect example of the type of player I want to see in the locker room and I can say with confidence that everyone else thinks the same. @BOOM 😍

3. Bare minimum playoffs. I think everyone is committed on getting better to the best of their abilities, and despite our low chance of making the playoffs this season I would want us to make a solid playoff push. I don't know how far we'll get, but I want to do our best to get Rookie a cup ;-;

4. TDL's are always quiet until the aren't. There has been a couple big trades already throughout the season, but I imagine some teams on the brink of the playoffs will ultimately just completely sell off once they know they aren't in the playoff picture/know they won't get too far.

5. I'm...not the hugest fan. It's a bit hard to write about vacations mostly due to the fact we are all stuck inside. I was able to write one based off my own hometown, but I think overall it doesn't lead to a huge amount of creativity.

6. I would change it so there are more attributes to choose from for skaters that actually matter. Unfortunately, you see a general trend towards most skaters for their builds.

Well as one of the recent acquisitions, I was surprised to find myself in Toronto. It wasn't a destination that I would have picked as a team with interest in Odinsson. As for the first trades, I wasn't aware of the disruption in the locker room, but understand why they were made. 

I'm loving Toronto and all of the current members. It's a better fit for me (no slight on the Titans, they were nice) and the way the team has welcomed me has been motivating. It's nice to feel that you belong, 5 minutes after joining the team server. 

3. The term 'the future is bright' is usually applied to optimistic expectations for the near future, and is a shared opinion among the entire LR. As an individual what are your expectations for S77?  

Season 77 will be when the Legion achieve a little more attention and the opposition will take us more seriously. The roster we have is simply too good to ignore and the results will come for us. Individually I'd like to contribute more, but the improvement of the team is paramount. 

I think that the trading will die down now. The teams that wanted to deal have already done so and any further trades will be smaller pieces. 

I wasn't a fan, but I now view it as just a TPE bump anyway. A free doubles would have been just as good, but I see the point in making us do something for the extra 6.

Besides returning me to a moderator role(Go Red team!), I'm not sure. Plenty of changes have already been made recently, so perhaps we should just sit for a while and see how it goes. 

23 hours ago, Peace said:

Howdy Legion! 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. No, probably the most in a season while I've been here.

2. It's great!! He's only helped grow the friendly, welcoming locker room! ^^

3. Playoffs for sure, hopefully a far run, even if I'm not here DX

4. I'll go with one more big trade.

5. It's a thing, don't really mind to be honest.

6. longer careers, 10-13 seasons.

1. There's been plenty of trades this season from Toronto. Did you expect this much movement from management when the season started, or has it caught you by surprise? 

Being on the the pieces brought in, I would have never expected to be brought over to the Legion. Good surprise for me. 

Boom is a great member and a needed personality around the league. When booms engaged its great for the teams he’s on and the league is what I’m getting at, so I’m glad he’s re-engaged as a member of the Legion as he’s brought those good vibes along.

3. The term 'the future is bright' is usually applied to optimistic expectations for the near future, and is a shared opinion among the entire LR. As an individual what are your expectations for S77?

I expect my player to still take penalties unfortunately, but better point production wise. Also think the team will take a step forward and look to compete for a playoff spot, possibly a wildcard spot.

Yes, like most VHL trade deadlines I anticipated a slow trade deadline with the majority of the deals getting done prior to deadline day. 

I’m indifferent to the idea. I don’t want to shit on the member that submitted it, but I’m not the most interested in the idea. 

6. If you could change one thing about the VHL what would it be?

Nice if we could find a way to update the sim engine. Seems to be a consistent review as the sim is a pain in the ass no matter the version. 

On 2/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, Peace said:

1. I wouldn't say I expected it, but it certainly wasn't too much of a surprise. Even as more of an observer I could tell that the early season group was a bit too far apart. More recently, it's also been clear the team has been buying, and we've definitely bought some incredible pieces.

2. Like I always admit - I'm not exactly the most active LR guy for Toronto. But BOOM has come in and made such a massive impact I can't help but take notice even in my limited visits. Incredible addition, made the team better and stronger even before playing a single game.

3. I think the team will be great. Management has been building a group that seems really committed, and the only thing holding them back is youth. 

4. I think there'll be a bit more action. Too much rumors for not a bit to actually go down.

5. It's a fun topic and very interesting! I just wish they'd accept affiliate PT haha.

6. I'm not sure I participate quite enough to have legitimate critiques, but I do think it'd be cool if sim threads had a little more interaction than just a quick dump of links that a handful of people comment on. That just might be the SBA/EFLer in me though.

Howdy Legion! 

I feel like managment didn't expect that much movement. We had some situations and adjustments were needed, and I feel like our GM did great in this situation.
It's awesome to see new, young full of potential guys to join Toronto. After bad years for Legion, we have earned bad reputation, but I feel like we can turn it around.
We just got to gett back to playoffs. I feel like we can go deep and this group of players is gonna be hopefully enough next season to get in there. And in playoffs anything can happen.
I don't really pay attention to other teams, so this question is to someone more experienced to answer.
Not my favorite, so I am not gonna be participating sadly this time, because of lack of time.

I would change it, so it wouldn't be so grindy, because sometimes it feels like a chore to do and not because for enjoyment.

Howdy Legion! New week, new me? No, wait, that's wrong. New week, new PC? Yeah... that's it. 

A'ight I'll show myself out. 

1. The end of an era is quickly approaching... thoughts? 

2. Juice and BOOM have a little bit of a bromance going on... let's be honest, what games do you think they're playing when not at the rink? 

3. Who among the Legion has the best puns? 

4. What are some of your favorite pranks to play on your teammates? 

5. Who is the easiest target to prank? 

6. On a scale of one to 'hold me tightly'... how was your valentines day? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1.The end of an era is quickly approaching... thoughts? 

The end of being in the bottom of the VHL standings? I mean I'm not sure how that will go over with the social club, asking them to start winning?

2. Juice and BOOM have a little bit of a bromance going on... let's be honest, what games do you think they're playing when not at the rink? 

I believe I keep hear them talking about a POGO stick?

We have personalities on the roster? I assumed you had to just conform to the GMs ways when your in the locker room? 

I like to pretend i'm going to pay for supper, then I walk out the front door

Boom. He likes to be pranked, I swear he enjoys it

It was nice. Had Dennys for breakfast and Chinese Food for supper. Nice food day

5 hours ago, Peace said:

Howdy Legion! New week, new me? No, wait, that's wrong. New week, new PC? Yeah... that's it. 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Well I'm sad, if it's the era of the J name goalies for the Canadian teams I'm sad it's ending, it's been one hell of a ride.

2. I don't want to assume anything, but they probably like going out for dinner and movies.

3. Smarch.

4. Ice cubes in their shirt, one bucket on the door, tying the jersey sleeves closed hehe ^^

5. Funk.

6. A 2.

Just now, ROOKIE745 said:

1. Well I'm sad, if it's the era of the J name goalies for the Canadian teams I'm sad it's ending, it's been one hell of a ride.

2. I don't want to assume anything, but they probably like going out for dinner and movies.

3. Smarch.

4. Ice cubes in their shirt, one bucket on the door, tying the jersey sleeves closed hehe ^^

5. Funk.

6. A 2.

18 hours ago, Peace said:

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I'm more excited for the new era!

2. They're playing Halo 3 Firefight

3. I would say Peace for sure

4. Invisible Ink in someones drink

5. Probably me :(

6. Hold ME TIGHTLEY

If this is about Rookie soon retiring, then it's absolutely demoralizing. It's not the Legion without Rookie being there ;(

We usually play Escape from Tarkov where I take the lead at point and he follows up behind to give me covering fire as he's better with the sniper, and also irl I bake him cookies in the shape of hearts.

Hmm, the only one I see making puns is usually Peace...but I wouldn't say they are good since they are usually extra dad pun-esque 👀 

I'd say spooking them by jumping around corners, hearing people get scared and scream is hilarious.

Spooking @fromtheinsideis extra fun as he usually squeals in a super high pitch voice.

Better to ask @BOOM this question on both of our behalfs ;)