Yukon Rush Press Conference

Smarch

How have you dealt with the pressure to keep up this recent strong run of results?

Which unit on the team do you think would be the reason the team wins the cup, and why?

Who has stepped up as a real leader in the locker room down the stretch for Yukon?

If you could add any player currently on another VHLM roster to the Rush, who would it be and why?

How important is the team's impending 4-game stretch against Philadelphia and Ottawa to our playoff momentum?

Which team would you want to face in the Cup Finals the most and why?

How have you dealt with the pressure to keep up this recent strong run of results?
By winning.
Which unit on the team do you think would be the reason the team wins the cup, and why?
I dont like giving one line because everybody on the team gives there own contribution to the team, so everyone.
Who has stepped up as a real leader in the locker room down the stretch for Yukon?
Frans Eller would defiantly be the top leader in the locker room.
If you could add any player currently on another VHLM roster to the Rush, who would it be and why?
Zeno Miniti has really been killing the stats so he would be a great addition. 
How important is the team's impending 4-game stretch against Philadelphia and Ottawa to our playoff momentum?
They have been killing teams and we have 4 game to turn that around and get the 4 wins instead.

I wanna play against Saskatoon because they were the first team to pick me up, but trade me quite quickly. The only problem is the wont make it to the playoffs cause the suck now :) so my alternative would be Minnesota, they are a lot more realistic to play against and I would have a great time beating my former teams :) 

Take it one game at a time. I know that sounds cliche, but people wouldn't be saying it if it wasn't true.

Everyone gives it their all every single night. It would be unfair to pick out one unit as the sole reason we win the cup.

Eller 100%. I feel like I've learned a thing or two from him myself, and I'm sure most of my teammates have too.

Vladimir Pol, my former teammate when I was in Mexico City. He and I worked magic on that ice and I'd love to recreate that.

It's vital. Philly and Ottawa are the biggest threats to us getting a good seed, so we need to stay focused and get them out of our way.

Again, probably sounds cliche, but I'd love to face my old team, Mexico City. Whether or not that will happen, I don't know, but it would be fun.

Edited by 73MPL4R

I'm just having a good time, baby.

The Red Guy because we'll only go as far as our goaltending and superb defense can take us. 

Erik Draven! 

Adrienne, he's a great friend of mine. @Green

Incredibly important. These are the top tier teams. If we want to be considered a contender, we have to perform well here.

Philadelphia. I want to beat @BladeMaiden.

I just stay active and try to always give my best every night.

I like the 1st and 2nd lines the most.

Erik Draven

Pierre Persson

Very important to keep winning to move up in the standings!

Philly because we have been playing well against them as of late!

I've been keeping my legs going and staying healthy. It's a team effort and we have come together strong this season, were only getting better from here.

I think the only unit that should matter is the entire team.

I like the way Draven and Flowers lead, To be a player that grinds it out every night and not complain, or be that unselfish passer with no need to score goals himself, I'll take those guys any day.

If we would, It would just be a role player, we have our core.
It's huge, we wanna stay as hot as possible rolling into the playoffs. Showing we can fight against these tough teams shows we can make it to the end.

Give us the top team, we can take them.

What pressure? I'm just jamming like I always do, my friend. Things happen more naturally when I don't put any pressure on at all.

I'm saying this as a defenseman, remember: It's gotta be the offense. I've seen great teams with excellent fundamentals who can't score, and it doesn't mean much if you're losing 1-0.

I'm guessing you mean player, but I think it's worthwhile to give the coaching staff and Josh some props too. They've put together an excellent young team that has allows us to gell down the stretch.

Our offense is great, but I wouldn't mind another top scorer like Underyew on our side. There's also the added benefit of taking him off of Ottawa and slowing down that attack.

Know what? At this point, I feel like we've showed what we can do. Even if it doesn't go spectacularly, as long as we're the four seed, I think we can do some damage.

Give me Philadelphia. We've beaten them already this season, and I want to earn this thing.

• Commissioner
  1. How do you predict the series going against Halifax?
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?
  3. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance?
  4. Prediction for the winners of first round and why?
  5. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs?
  6. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs?

Edited by Josh

What pressure? Guys honestly i'm just having blast here and I thank were all just having fun during this strong run.

I dont believe theres one unit that would be the sole reason why our team would get there. We've all chipped in and played our respective roles, its what made us a strong team. 

Draven has really stepped up down the stretch as one of the more vocal leaders on our team and he's been pretty clutch the whole last half of the season. 

None. I dont understand the point of even having this question the trade deadline is long gone so acquiring other players is out of the question. I'm just solely focusied on this team and I dont really pay too much attention to what happens on other VHLM teams. 

I
t's very important to get these wins to get some momentum going going into the playoffs. 

I want to see Minnesota in the finals as I think we have the edge against them and we've had tight games all year long and I think it would be fun.

1. How do you predict the series going against Halifax? Were going to win!
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series? I am not sure who is even on their team...lol
  3. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has better performance? A Red Guy of course.
  4. Prediction for the winners of the first round and why? Yukon wins because we are the best team!
  5. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs? I will be rooting for everyone on the team! But if Red Guy has a great playoff then he will win it.
  6. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs? It's been nothing but fun. So I would expect nothing less than a great playoffs run.

1. How do you predict the series going against Halifax?Yukon is going to kick some butt!
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?none
  3. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance? Red guy is going to dominate. 
  4. Prediction for the winners of first round and why? Yukon will win  mainly because we have great defense and timely scorers. 
  5. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs? I hope for myself!?
  6. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs? We all played a team game and stayed on the same page. That will continue on into the playoffs. 

On 8/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, Josh said:
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?

why

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Molholt said:

why

Cause you abandoned me and I forgot to remove you from the list. :(

Edited by Josh

1. How do you predict the series going against Halifax? No mercy will be shown, no quarter given.
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series? I don't know enough about Halifax to answer that
  3. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance? Is that a question? Red Guy, obviously.
  4. Prediction for the winners of first round and why? I would say us (of course), Ottawa, Philly, and Houston. All four of those teams have been dominant throughout the season and I don't expect that to change.
  5. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs? I'm gonna say Eller. Dude has had a phenomenal season and I know he can continue that in the playoffs
  6. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs? We're going to hit hard and fast, just like we've been doing.
Edited by 73MPL4R

How do you predict the series going against Halifax?

I predict that it's going to be a tight series with a lot of physical play. But, I feel as if we're comming into this series with the edge here and I feel confident going in. 

What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?

It's all about them goalies I think this year and I expect that to be the biggest rivalry going in. 

A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance?  

Well obviously I'll have to side with my homeboy on this one. We've had the lowest goals allowed in the league all season long almost and those results start with him between the pipes. 

Prediction for the winners of first round and why? 

I predict that Ottawa, Philladelphia the Yukon and the Bulls win their respective series. 

Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs? 

Flowers, I find his game is more geared for the playoffs anyways and I think he'll really shine once we get this one going. 

Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs? 

No not really I think we just all feel good  and confident coming into this series and we all just can't wait to get this one over with so we go move on deeper into the playoffs.

We have to win this series. I anticipate this series going 6 games at the most. We are too good to fall in the first round, and our defense has been stellar. Got to represent our proud territory well and make the most out of our last opportunity to play together.
    I think it will be Halifax's first forward line against Yukon's first line of defense. They don't have a lot of scorers but their first line certainly packs a punch. Our first line of defense is awesome, so we're gonna have to make a big stand and push them back. 
    A Red Guy without a doubt. A Red Guy is freakishly good and he has help on defense. That will be the difference maker in this series. 
    I predict that all of the Top-4 teams will advance as they have proven time and time again how much better and superior they are compared to the rest of the competition. 
    I think it will be Zeno Miniti from Ottawa. The S67 guy has been nothing but amazing. 134 Points, that's nearly 2 points per game. The guy is a difference maker and he's got two other 100+ point guys to help him out. This will be a scary team to go up against and I was hoping we would avoid the Lynx until the Finals, but this is not the case. Got to take care of business then. 
    I think that our offense has improved greatly. We are no longer struggling to find the back of the net, but we are sending it there with authority. Our scoring defense is scary and we're going to fight for every possession and every inch. I think we will be able to surprise some people before all is said and done. Anything that ends without a Cup will be a disappointment for us. 

How do you predict the series going against Halifax?

I think we can do it easily, even an easy championship win for us. We are the only good team.

What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?

Yukon's MVP's are defiantly gonna be both Lance Flowers and Frans Eller. I can see it already, Lance throws the puck out from under A Red Guy right to Frans who flies by the Halifax D-men and dekes out the Halifax goalie to get yet another easy goal for Yukon. And for Halifax best players, they'll all be in the box so its hard to say... Probably Gunnersson because hell be the only player on the ice for Halifax for half of the game.

A Red Guy will always win. He keeps a lot of our games close, like we got this win in the bag with this beast in the net.

Yukon, Halifax does not know how to stay out of the box, if they are that tire they should surrender instead ;)

Zeno Miniti is the best player in the league right now, he'll defiantly win it, like he honestly is too good for the minors right now.

Yes that we will comeback and win the cup, we gotta give teams some hope.

How do you predict the series going against Halifax?

I think that we will lose in 5 games to a lower seed, and it will be extremely disappointing in the end.

I think the Yukon offense will have a rivalry with the opposite net, which will be solved when the opposite net consumes every position player one by one until they are nothing left but mere bones.

That's the thing: A Red Guy didn't play poorly! He gave up 11 goals in 5 games! A far cry from what we expected would be the weakness of the team at the start of the season.

I think that all of the higher seeds are going to win, because there's no way a team like, say, Halifax will score an upset. Never.

I mean, it's bound to change, but the fact that Virgil Ligriv is averaging less than half a goal per game and currently has a .972 save percentage is absolutely ludicrous. And given that Ottawa's big scorers are helping each other out, that's my pick.

Despite the playoff flame out, I'm happy to have been a part of this team, and thankful for the people I played with and for Josh for putting all of the hard work in. Onto the next one.

1. How do you predict the series going against Halifax? Unfortunately we lost, but that's life and hockey. Sometimes you lose but you learn from it.
  2. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series? The top point scorers from each team.
  3. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance? Their goalie came out on top, with a lights out performance
  4. Prediction for the winners of first round and why? We definitely could have put in a better performance, but it is what it is.
  5. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs? MVP doesn't matter and I don't know the other players.
  6. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs? The season was outstanding, big props to the entire team and GM, we did amazing, shooting up the standings near the mid to late season. We shouldn't look at our loss and be ashamed, but be proud of what we showed we can do as individuals and as a team. 

I thought it would go a hell of a lot better than it did. 

1. What players from each team do you think will have the biggest rivalry in the series?

Me vs. their goaltender. 

1. A Red Guy vs Gunnarsson, who has the better performance?

I had my money on A Red Guy, but Vegas collected on that bet. 

1. Prediction for the winners of first round and why?

Philadelphia and Yukon, I am 50% correct. 

1. Who is your prediction for MVP of the playoffs?

Big Pharmaceuticals. 

1. Any takeaways from the season before we hit the playoffs?

Thanks for drafting me, @Josh. Being with the Rush was a pleasure. 

1) Did you believe Yukon would make it at least past the 1st round in these current playoffs?

2) Who would be your pick for Top scorer on this years Yukon team?

3) Who would you consider the Top defenseman on the current Yukon team?

4) Are you happy with having played with the Rush this year? & why?

5) Who was your favorite Personality on the team this year?

6) If given the chance what two players would you play with again?

Edited by Jbeezy76
Added tags

1) Did you believe Yukon would make it at least past the 1st round in these current playoffs?

I thought for sure that we would get past the 1st round.

I would pick Brendan Plunkett 

Definitely Wolf Stansson Jr. was the top d-man.

Yes, I really liked the way we played in the regular season. 

I really didn't get to know anybody except for Draven so I would say Erik Draven. 

I would play with Erik Draven & Frans Eller !

Absolutely, and perhaps that's overconfidence on my part, but our play late in the season would indicate a run. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Frans Eller did a little bit of everything, but Plunkett really did surprise a bunch of folks with his play. Tied Eller in goals, had more assists, and was an all-around team player.

Stansson's 71 points were excellent, and he helped out on the goal scoring end more than me. Still though, I'm happy with my defensive effort and being top 10 in hits at the end of the season.

Most definitely - even though the season didn't end the way we wanted, I had fun here, and I'm thankful for the hard work that the front office put in.

I tend to be a more low key guy myself, so I appreciate the people that are good at rallying the troops - that was definitely Eller in our locker room, and I appreciate everything he did for the team.

Especially by the end, I feel like me and Stansson had a good ying and yang on the defensive end, with him focusing more on scoring and me being more of the facilitator. Also, with how Eller was the team leader as mentioned before, I'd love to be on a team with him once again.

Without a doubt. So thats why I felt like we had a chance at the second round, maybe an outside shot at the VHLM Finals. At the beginning of the season, we weren't too hot and our offense was impotent at best. Toward the end of the season, our offense started to click and our defense was rock solid. That's usually a formula for success... but that formula didn't work out in the playoffs. Something changed. Maybe it was just Halifax out hustling us on the rink. 

Definitely Frans Eller. Plunkett too... probably 1A/1B scorers on this year's team. When one of the two were on fire, we usually had a good chance of winning. When both of them were on, oh man, the game was over. I enjoyed playing alongside them. 

Lance Flowers, yeah. The guy set the tone for us early in the season and was the first S68 guy to reach 200. He motivated the rest of us to get on his level, and a couple of us ended up doing just that. Sure you could say that I'm better because I'm more involved on offense. But those are just numbers. I'm more focused on guys that can not only play well, but lead by example too. Flowers' the silent captain calling the shots in the dark. He will definitely go high in this upcoming draft and I can only hope to end up on the same team as him so our chemistry can continue. 

Definitely. I was a little bummed not to continue my VHLM career with Minnesota since they were one of the few teams to legitimately pursue me once I declared for the VHL from Iceland. But I instead turned my disappointment into motivation with a new organization. It also helps that we had a great group of guys here on the Rush team, and a good amount of them S68 Draft prospects too. So it was really nice to talk through everything, the whole process and help Yukon win games. I'll miss playing with Eller, Plunkett, Flowers, Draven, Perrin and A Red Guy. If i forgot you, then sorry! 

Probably A Red Guy. Even though he's just a red guy, A Red Guy offers a lot of valuable input and offers very few words. He did a great job at goaltender and I wish that we could have done more to help him out in the playoffs. 

As I mentioned earlier - Lance Flowers, yeah definitely. The other guy would probably be Frans Eller, I enjoyed his company in the locker room. Would be cool if we ended up teammates once again. 

For sure! I didn't think we could get beat by Halifax but they really played with heart, and that is how you play to win. I am hoping for better playoff season next year!

Frans Eller, I just feel like I  had a lot more help from him, we clicked from the moment we hit the ice, i didn't have this type of season last year, look at my points, I'm telling you, he was the reason I got so many points compared to last!

Look at the stats, of course it was Lance Flowers, he played like he should've been been defending in the VHL, I don't know how you couldn't agree with that.

Oh yes I really enjoyed this crew, I don't know if I could ever do better in stats without my boys behind and beside me, i want to keep this crew, but I am aware we will probably go our separate ways. 

I really enjoyed being with Frans Eller, he really made people feel welcome helped people. But quite honestly there was a lot more friendly active players than him, this team I'm gonna miss. I just really like the friendly aspect of us, so many people talking in our locker room, its nice to see. :) 

Frans Eller and Lance Flowers, they were both leaders in the locker room, so I hope we will all be reunited! :P