S59 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Beketov

S59 Most Outstanding Player  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 1

• F - Franchise Cornerstone (HSK) - 67G, 66A, 133P, +65, 202PIM, 341HIT, 25SB, 14GWG
    • F - Bo Boeser (TOR) - 57G, 71A, 128P, +55, 39PIM, 121HIT, 49SB, 11GWG
    • F - Rudolph Schmeckeldorf (HSK) - 36G, 73A, 109P, +65, 26PIM, 3HIT, 29SB, 4GWG
    • F - Fredinamijs Krigars (RIG) - 43G, 57A, 100P, +38, 35PIM, 74HIT, 49SB, 9GWG
    • D - Ay Ay Ron (HSK) - 19G, 81A, 100P, +53, 145PIM, 255HIT, 114SB, 3GWG
    • D - Fabio Jokinen (TOR) - 18G, 72A, 90P, +53, 122PIM, 217HIT, 156SB, 5GWG
    • D - Keaton Louth (QUE) - 19G, 35A, 54P, -74, 154PIM, 223HIT, 177SB, 1GWG
    • G - Rhett DeGrath (NYA) - 63GP, 45-15-3, 0.930SV%, 1.89GAA, 12SO, 1670SA
    • G - Torstein Ironside (TOR) - 64GP, 46-14-4, 0.927SV%, 2.04GAA, 9SO, 1787SA

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

^So you admit he takes bait easily? Hmmm thats not what he would have you believe.

Who let you out of your conspiracy theory bunker in the NY locker room?

• Commissioner

Seriously, can everyone just leave his thread be? There’s no reason for any of this.

Its like people aim for threads they know we can’t lock. I don’t want to read any more baiting, or arguing, or conspiracy theories, or bias this or bias that. Just bloody vote and move on.

10 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Might want to have a little talk with his puppet. The two of them were holding hands earlier down main street.

I'm so sorry no one wants to hold your hand :(

12 hours ago, Beketov said:

Having legitimate complaints doesn’t give someone the right to voice them in a completely inappropriate manner. We’ve been trying to get this across to him for months and so far it hasn’t stuck. He isn’t voicing his concern as “public votes inherently add bias to the process so I feel as if a less deserving candidate might win.” Rather he’s telling anyone and everyone that has a difference of opinion that their opinion is wrong and they are an idiot for having it. It completely devalues any bias argument because it makes it out that any non-cornerstone vote is an idiot or bias. That’s even ignoring the fact that everyone else’s apparent bias is an issue but his bias is not?

Public polls, by nature, have differences of opinion. Have some people shown they are voting for bias reasons? Yes but it can’t be helped if we don’t want to change the way the Slobo has always been run. At the end of the day @Will is right that any bias that has always been in the vote makes no difference in the end and it never has.

Short of getting everyone’s reason for voting and then judging the validity of it, there is no true way to nail down bias votes entirely. It’s simply part of the process with how the slobo vote goes and always has been. If we want to change how this award is ha does that’s fine but that’s not how the argument has been shaped.

I think as far as the NHL goes, it's not all based on stats either. The players vote on the Most Outstanding Player, and 100% they aren't diving into stats when making their vote. Although they have video footage, so if somebody continuously has highlight reel goals, they could make that judgement that he's more outstanding than someone with 10 more points than him.

Which makes it clear to me. Bo Boeser is more outstanding than Cornerstone. I watched many of Cornerstone's games. They're all garbage goals. He's on the ice like 100% of the time just standing in front. Boeser, I've watched his too. He does nothing but dangle.

/s

• Commissioner
48 minutes ago, UZI™ said:

Kesler has matured into a very intelligent young man. 

Toronto Locker Room is a good influence on people.

• Beketov unfeatured this topic