Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1) We added a young promising talent (Okada) while Malmo traded off Burn and Marleau. Who makes the playoffs of the two?

this cannot be a real question. Biased journalism.
2) Hiroshi Okada arrived in Helsinki last night, how did you help welcome him to the arena?

I asked him to go find me an iced coffee? Does that count?
3) Do you recommend any hockey pod-casts or YouTube personalities?

Laz and Powers on The Athletic and I suppose UrinatingTree counts as a YouTube shitposter.
4) What is your favourite table top game (board game/foosball/air hockey etc)?

Monopoly. Deadass.
5) What are you most looking forward to this summer?

:( Announcing my retirement
6) Do you have any pets? If not, which pet would you most like to have?

I'd like to have a small cat, but I am unfortunately allergic to cats.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 5:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1) We added a young promising talent (Okada) while Malmo traded off Burn and Marleau. Who makes the playoffs of the two?

I mean, cmon, it's obviously us. 
2) Hiroshi Okada arrived in Helsinki last night, how did you help welcome him to the arena?

For his first day I made sure not to hit him too hard during practice. Let him ease into it.

UrinatingTree is always entertaining, as well as NotTheExpert with his football franchise stuff.

I love playing Monopoly with my friends. Unfortunately after the game finishes, they aren't my friends anymore.

Hopefully my vacation to Germany, if it's possible.

I have my one dog and I love her very much.

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Grape @Quik

@Erik Summers @cody73 @Tbeez99 @Cusemode @MMFLEX @Gscx420 @quanack

@Caboose30 @ng1291 @Bob Helminen @DrHexDex @Julian Dalvao

On 4/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, Jubo07 said:

We do. Duh.

Filled up his locker full of squid.

Whats a podcast?

Settlers of Catan

Beaches and babes.

Python

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Grape @Quik

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 6:hel: <--

1) Tough go last week, still have a fighting chance with 20 games left. Do you remain optimistic?
2) TOO MANY PIMS! It is clear this has hindered us in many games. What do we need to do as a team to clean up our game?

3) We'll be picking Valtteri Vaakanainen with our round 1 selection this draft. What sort of impact do you expect from his rookie season?
4) Who on the team best complements your play style?
5) Are you a visor, cage or visor-less player? For goalies, do you wear the plastic neck-guard?
6) How do you tape your stick? Style/colour/etc.

1) Tough go last week, still have a fighting chance with 20 games left. Do you remain optimistic?  I'm always optimistic. 

2) TOO MANY PIMS! It is clear this has hindered us in many games. What do we need to do as a team to clean up our game? Even though we get a ton of penalty minutes we still need to score more goals regular strength and on PP.

3) We'll be picking Valtteri Vaakanainen with our round 1 selection this draft. What sort of impact do you expect from his rookie season? 

I'm sure he will do great once he's settled in.

It doesn't matter who I play with I try to feed off my teammates.
5) Are you a visor, cage or visor-less player? For goalies, do you wear the plastic neck-guard?

I wear a visor at the moment.

I just stick with team colors.

1) Tough go last week, still have a fighting chance with 20 games left. Do you remain optimistic?

I will remain optimistic but we are still re building and this sub par season was expected. 
2) TOO MANY PIMS! It is clear this has hindered us in many games. What do we need to do as a team to clean up our game? 

I think we need to stay out of the box and score more goals eith way around. 

Im sure he will do fine and become a goal scorer. 

I feel like Bailey and Draven are playing good together the last couple seasons. Our numbers this year are almost identical with goals and assists. 

I prefer no visor but I wear one anyways. 

I generally like to keep it with my team colors and not get to fancy. 

1) Tough go last week, still have a fighting chance with 20 games left. Do you remain optimistic?

I do, everything is still possible. 20 games and a lot of points on the table, just need bit more luck and keep the points coming steadily to keep momentum going.

Try to cool down, if the other players try to get under our skin - let it go and skate away. Try to avoid using the stick even if someone manages to go past you, still long way to go before the puck is in the net, so keep the skates moving and focus more on positioning correctly.

Valtteri likes to shoot and he has that eye for scoring, so I´m expecting at least 15 goals, but would not surprise me if we see a lot more, he really is a goal scorer.

I´ll say Blake Laughton, he also likes to hit a lot, but he is maybe bit more open in shooting the puck. I´m more of a playmaker, so I think we make each other better and also still have some similar elements to our game that make us a annoying pair to play against.

Visor-less, I like the old school feel. Feel the wind in my eyes, I like it.

I actually don´t have any tape on my stick, I keep it all natural!

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Yeah. Malmo has gotten very lucky with so many OT losses. We can still catch them.

We've been in a lot of line brawls, this season. I like that we are sticking up for each other, but sometimes we get a little caught up in the emotion of the game.

Rookie of the year, baby!

Guillaume Fontenette, my defensive pair. We have always worked really well together.

Full cage. Why risk it?

Someone brought some blue stick tape into the locker room, it looks really good with our jerseys.

1) Tough go last week, still have a fighting chance with 20 games left. Do you remain optimistic? Absolutely, this team has come back from worse, I have faith in this crew.
2) TOO MANY PIMS! It is clear this has hindered us in many games. What do we need to do as a team to clean up our game? We need to pick up the rule book and get studying if this keeps up, simply unacceptable.

3) We'll be picking Valtteri Vaakanainen with our round 1 selection this draft. What sort of impact do you expect from his rookie season? He's been absolutely lights out in the VHLM, he's gonna be an incredible player once he makes the big leagues
4) Who on the team best complements your play style? My game changed from a playmaking to more goal scoring style, and my wingers seem to always find me in the slot ready to a quick one timer or set up. Definitely them.
5) Are you a visor, cage or visor-less player? For goalies, do you wear the plastic neck-guard? Visor all day every day
6) How do you tape your stick? Style/colour/etc. You already know I rock that pink tape

No choice. Just a couple of big games and we're back in the race.

We gotta tell Jim Bob to chill a little.

Hopefully he'll score more goals for us. We're on the right track as a team but we need more consistency.

Kronos Bailey would complement anyone's play style but he's been helping me a lot with my game since I arrived. He's a brilliant playmaker.

I wear the stylish visor.

I've been embrassing the Finnish style and tape my stick white and blue.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:37 PM, Jubo07 said:

1. All I know is that Acyd Burn better than both of those 2 JABRONIS.

2. Did not welcome him (her I thought) but they can get a punch in the face if wanted.

3. Bardown bunch of great guys/squids.

4. PEI MONOPOLY BROTHER

5. Sitting at home.

6. Yes, Dog, cat and fish brother

1- Helsinki always has a positive feel. You guys can do it.

2- Put more TPE into discipline guys

3- jubo is a beast and I expect his player to follow Borwinn

4- Get me out of Rockstar’s prison. It’s miserable in San Diego. Whoever is to draft me I will ask to call me into the VHL right away. I asked for a trade because I knew what kind of a guy rockstar is. He turned out to be as awful as I expected. Nothing against any of the players, the team is just poorly managed.

5- No neckguard for this goalie. I Like the extra movement ability.

6- Still tape in helsinki blue. Doesnt go all that well with San Diego but I miss you guys.

Yes, of course. We'll keep playing hard until the season is over and there's mathematically no way to go to the playoffs.

No more hitting mitts on defense.

Wow! How do you know who we'll be picking already. I'm remaining optimistic about this Vaakanainen fellow.

I mean, it's not very good but anyone who lets up long shots from the point. Staying in front is my playstyle, and while I don't want to block 200 shots a season, someone has to.

I thought we were mandated to use visors here!

You've seen my white tape. Not really a style guy in that fashion.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 6:hel: <--

Oh easily just because others don't believe don't mean we can't 

Play smart we can't keep giving up opportunities that can't potential give up a huge goal.

I think he could end up being a dangerous playmaker.

Honestly I haven't put much thought into it.

I like a nice blue tinted visor 

I've always taped stick to what ever color my team was.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 7:hel: <--

1) Final week of the season is upon us. In your opinion who has been our team MVP?
2) Who has been our unsung hero?

3) Bailey is set to play his final regular season games before retirement. What will you miss most about his on-ice skillset?
4) What is a personal goal of yours for next season?
5) During your time in the VHL, would you agree that the league is as competitive as its ever been?
6) When you are watching a game, what is your go-to arena food and/or drink purchase?

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Quik

1) Final week of the season is upon us. In your opinion who has been our team MVP?

There has a been a few guys actually: Erik Summers ,Erik Draven,& Brian Strong.

I think our goalie has been the unsung hero.

3) Bailey is set to play his final regular season games before retirement. What will you miss most about his on-ice skillset?

He is one of our best passers.

I plan being more disciplined and reducing my penalties significantly. 
5) During your time in the VHL, would you agree that the league is as competitive as its ever been?

Yes every team is in every game for the most part.
6) When you are watching a game, what is your go-to arena food and/or drink purchase?

Pretzels or nachos are the best!

I have to say Summers, currently leading the team in scoring as a defender, that is great stuff and deserves all the praise!

Scotty Bigshotty, 16 points with +/- rating of +12, does not get the biggest headlines, but a true team player who manages to score here and there, valuable depth player.

He is an excellent player with the puck, always finds the open stick. A true hockey wizard, his hockey IQ will be missed. 

50 points and 300 hits, optimistic numbers, but gotta have some goals! Hoping to be a lot better in every area of the game, if I manage to do that - points will come.

I´d say so, really evenly matched right from the start, even playoff spots still available when heading into the final week.

Hotdog, cant go wrong with it!

1) Final week of the season is upon us. In your opinion who has been our team MVP?

I think Erik Summers has been great, and Draven is also having a career best in points and leading the team in goals.

Kronos Bailey has been solid in his final year. 

He has been such a great veteran player that is willing to mentor the youngsters. 

I just want to keep breaking career highs and up my game winner total. 

Yes there is so much parity in the league right now. 

I love the nachos. 

3 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Summers he's really shown that he's an elite defenseman

I'm going to have to go with our goalie he's helped keep alot of the games close for us it's just unfortunate we couldn't capitalize on some of them.

3 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

His leadership on and off the ice.

Make an impact and help turn this team into a cup contender

Easily, were all after that one thing and it will only get more competitive as more people join

I like to get a nice ice cold tea.

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Quik

9 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Special teams hero, Brian Strong has been amazing.

Probably Virgil, he had some huge shoes to fill and did a great job.

He has such an edge. You ever need to get fired up? Just look down the bench at Kronos and there you have it.

This season was very successful from a personal stance, but that makes the struggles we had as a team even harder to stomach. I want to improve that next season.

There was only one team that was every really out of it this season and even Davos was starting to look good by the end. We are at extreme parity.

Nachos... so... many.... nachos.

Tough to not say Erik Summers. He has been great all season and it's no small feat to lead the team in points as a defenseman.

I really like Jim Bob's energy. Every team needs a guy who can drop the gloves and then score a goal. We are lucky to have one of those because they are getting rarer and rarer.

Seeing how many points he's put up for us in his final season, it's going to be really difficult to replace what he could bring to the team offensively.

Having more than 50 points. It was my objective for this season but my playtime with Calgary got axed pretty badly. I'm confident it's going to happen this time. Helsinki has given me the tools to shine and I almost caught up in the end.

I'm not too sure. The North American Conference seems stronger than ours. The team who missed the playoff on their side has 2 points less than our conference leaders.

I like them giant Pretzels.

1) Final week of the season is upon us. In your opinion who has been our team MVP? Erik Summers easily, that kind of an elite showing in your sophomore season just shows how crazy good this kid is
2) Who has been our unsung hero? Virgil Ligriv for sure, came into the job with a lot of expectations and preformed very well in his first full season

3) Bailey is set to play his final regular season games before retirement. What will you miss most about his on-ice skillset? He's always been a playmaking legend, and not getting those crazy sauce passes through 3 defenders is gonna be strange next season.
4) What is a personal goal of yours for next season? I definitely underperformed this season, so getting my numbers back up is priority number 1 for sure
5) During your time in the VHL, would you agree that the league is as competitive as its ever been? In the few seasons I've been in the league, I'd say it is
6) When you are watching a game, what is your go-to arena food and/or drink purchase? Nachos and a Pepsi, every single time without fault

Erik. No two ways about it. He's got it all.

Owen's been alright the few times he's been called upon. Definitely underrated.

He creates space for others. He's slick down by the boards and draws the attention of the defense.

I'd love to present some grandeur goals, but I'm afraid I just have to be content with not looking old and slow.

I would say so. In my earlier years we had some of the best teams imaginable but didn't get to the mountain top. That should explain all in itself.

Would likely be popcorn. Not a big soda or nachos guy.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Jubo07 said:

Virgil Ligriv. Guy is a real stud.

Ligriv is pretty hung.

Celebrations. He's one of the most creative in that regard.

Win a trophy. Doesn't matter which one.

No. Davos is still Davos.

Nachooooooos. And beer. Lots of beer.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

1) Will you be attending this off-season's draft?
2) Who do you see meeting in the finals this post-season? (Vancouver/Seattle and Moscow/Riga remain)

3) Malmo was swept by Moscow. Do you think Helsinki would have put up a stronger fight?
4) Where would your player most likely be found during the off-season?
5) Are you anticipating a return to the playoffs for the Titans in S72?
6) Who in the locker-room has the best pre-game soccer skill?