Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1) Training camp opens on Monday. How do you feel about being back on the ice after a short break?

I am ready to help get the team back in playoff form. 
2) In your opinion what is the most optimistic improvement the team has made in the offseason? 

I think acquiring our new goalie Michael Johnson is the biggest improvement. 
3) How many goals and points do you project our rookie Valtteri Vaakanainen to have?

He will possibly get 20 goals and 40 pts. 
4) Who on the roster has the most improved team? 

Vancouver looks like they made some good additions. 
5) What is the last thing you ordered online?

I ordered pizza online ! 
6) It's breakfast time, what would be your perfect breakfast?

I would like some French toast .

1- Happy to be back and get back to work

2- Goalie michael johnson and we got a top rookie in Vak

3- 23 goals and 45 points

4- Spaz is someone I would think will have a good season

5- shower curtain haha

6- Yogourt with berries and scrambled eggs with toast

1) Training camp opens on Monday. How do you feel about being back on the ice after a short break?

I missed it man. I really did.

2) In your opinion what is the most optimistic improvement the team has made in the offseason?

I think drafting Vaak was huge.

3) How many goals and points do you project our rookie Valtteri Vaakanainen to have?

I'm not sure. Rookies can have any type of effect but his steadfast attitude and determination is going to be nothing short of great leader in the direct future.

4) Who on the roster has the most improved team?

I've just joined, so I'm not sure yet!

Bought a new iphone case from ebay haha.

Egg, turkey bacon and cheese sandwich. Anabolic french toast is great too.

I feel great. I think I had a lot of time to review my performance from last season and I think I'm ready to take on more responsibility this season.

I think just our team finally being on the same page is huge. Last season we felt really scattered in terms of what areas we wanted to focus on but this season I think we all have a good idea of what our strengths are and what we need to do to play on those.

A lot. In all seriousness I think he could get around 8-9 with ~20 assists if he's not on our top 2 lines.

I think I have honestly. This season was a big smack in the face coming from the VHLM and I think I have a much better idea of what I need to do to stay competitive against such talented players.

Riot Points. Don't @ me.

2 lightly buttered pieces of toast with 2 sunny side up eggs, a couple pieces of bacon and some nicely cooked hashed browns on the side.

19 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

For week ending May 24

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

I havent been off the ice , with my new synthetic rink in my basement ive been working my ass off building strength and speed to make it to the next level, and really looking forward to playing with the big guys and showing them what ive got and learning as much as possible throughout training camp

Drafting My fellow Fin and a player i idolized growing up for his amazing talent Vaak is a HUGE pickup 

Im thinking Valterri is a future HOfer IMO in his rookie season i see him putting up around 60 points 30 and 30

Well just being drafted on friday i cant say to much on that front other than i know we have a STUD Goaltending prospect in Zamboni Driver and Valterri is like i said a future HOFer

Food...

Pancakes and bacon.... ? 

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

1) Training camp opens on Monday. How do you feel about being back on the ice after a short break? It's always nice to lace up the skates again and get back out on the ice.
2) In your opinion what is the most optimistic improvement the team has made in the offseason? We've learned from our mistakes last season and have a rejuvenated squad. We're definitely going to be better than last year.
3) How many goals and points do you project our rookie Valtteri Vaakanainen to have? 50-60 points at least
4) Who on the roster has the most improved team? Hard to say if one person improved the team most, as there is no "I" in "team." It's a group effort, so everyone contributed.
5) What is the last thing you ordered online? Probably something off Amazon, it's been way too long for me to remember though.
6) It's breakfast time, what would be your perfect breakfast? Bacon and eggs, easily

Edited by McLovin

Rested and ready to boogie.

I think we made some decent trades. The aquisition of Michael Johnson was a big one and drafting Valtteri Vaakanainen will have an immediate impact on the team.

30-ish points would be great. Half of those goals maybe.

Valtteri Vaakanainen was a huge pick for us.

Oh baby. I've been ordering way too much stuff. I got a couple vidio gaymes.

I love crepes stuffed with fruits and cream or chocolate. I'm not brave enough to eat cake in the morning but this passes as being sophisticated.

New team, not a lot of time left in my career and just won a cup with Seattle. I am truly excited to have a new change of scenery again and I hope that I will be of good support for them.

Getting my player should help the overall forward core since we are so deep right now.

I will give him around 50 points which is really good in our low scoring era.

Vancouver FA signings are scary

Food lmao

Cereal

On 5/17/2020 at 10:33 PM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

For week ending May 24

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1)  It is going to be so nice to get back on the ice... it is always pretty nice coming back from the off-season to see how the team has been!

2)  I think the team has been making a lot of key moves that are needed to be done going forward... I am excited for the future of the team and I hope to be apart of it!

3)  I project the kid to get at least a 50 point season!  I can see it split between a 25 goals and 25 assists!

4)  Personally, I think that everyone has had a part in changing this team.... We all want a taste of glory! 

5)  A new camera... I have been really interested in capturing pictures lately so I went out and bought one... Hopefully I can get some beautiful shots during road trips!

6)  Almost every morning I have a 5 egg omelette with bacon and a protein shake! 

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 1:hel: <--

For week ending May 31

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Week one in the books. Are you happy with your personal performance thus far?
2) What has been the most welcome improvement to the team this season?
3) Who do you project as our conference rival?
4) If you did not excel at hockey, which sport would you have tried to go pro at?
5) What brand of stick do you use?
6) How often do you get your skates sharpened?

5 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending May 31

1) Week one in the books. Are you happy with your personal performance thus far?

So far yes, but I don't want to get my hopes up and will continue to focus on improving.

So far it's hard to tell I think everyone is playing great so far.

I'm going to have to go with Davos dropped two close games against them including a unfortunate 3-0 comeback.
4) If you did not excel at hockey, which sport would you have tried to go pro at?

Can't say I had one it was either hockey or still living in my parents basement. 

CCM

Before every game it's part of my superstition.

I am, 5 points in 8 games is a fair total. Only one goal though, could and should have few more to be honest, but positive start overall.

Looks like our offense is clicking pretty well, fourth most goals in the league at the moment. That is a promising improvement when thinking about the trouble scoring that one more goal in so many games last year.

Moscow maybe, because they are so close to Helsinki, the games have a true Finland vs Russia feel to them, intense battles.

Javelin throw, I have wicked throwing hand. Who knows, maybe I could have represented Albania in the Olympics, that would have been cool.

Koho, vintage wooden sticks. Koho is my sponsor so they make sticks just for me, I like them and more importantly the wooden sticks look great.

Before each practice and game, need to keep the wheels as sharp as possible. Artist like myself can´t operate with skates that are not sharp.

1- It has been a good start for Mexico. I have 3 shutouts already.

2- Having new surroundings. Mexico is a good change. Helsinki is great and cant wait to be up with the team.

3- For the Titans it probably is Davos

4- Maybe baseball

5- I use a Bauer goalie stick

6- before each game they are sharpened. Need to have great edges.

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending May 31

A:I personally am very happy with my performance in the first week, Training camp in Helsinki and playing with the big boys all summer really helped me out going back into the VHLM for 1 more season 

A:Ive noticed the Titans are having no problem putting the puck in the net so far this season , which was an issue in the past.

A:I see Moscow as our future conference rival, and it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that @Spartan is drafted by them....

Without a doubt basketball ,  my nickname in highschool was White Iverson, if im not playing hockey , im playing basketball.

Ive used Warrior Sticks since i was able to choose what brand i wanted and i will never go back#WarriorForLife #MacdaddyLimitedEditionGloves

If i had to guess on average probably after every 2nd time being on them wether it be back to back practices or games , always get them sharpened after two skates , ill never let it go longer.

Not at all I’m not getting any points. 3 pts in 8 games is horrible and I’m not sure what’s going on. 

Michael Johnson is playing great. 
3) Who do you project as our conference rival?

I feel Prague and Moscow always have been. But it feels like everyone is at this point. 

I always loved playing baseball. 

I play with Easton sticks. 

I let our equipment manager do all that now so you would have to ask him. 

It is the first time that I start a season in the VHL with a PPG so I hope it continues.

I think the scoring and the star goaltender in MJ is making this team so much better.

Riga, but Davos will be a dark horse in our conference.

Basketball

My own stick that my dad made for me ;)

Once every summer lol

Yeah I think I'm doing really well and have made a lot of improvements from last season.

Just speaking for me personally, I think my skating has improved tremendously. 

I project Riga will be our conference rival. Our teams have met several times in the playoffs in the past and almost all of them went to game 7.

Spike ball.

Sherwood. My trusty Sherwood T1000 has never let me down.

I usually get them sharpened every 3-4 weeks. We usually practice for an hour each day during the week and I find it's usually around 3 weeks of skating that my skates start to wear out.

I think I can always be better but I was fine.

I would say the signing of Michael Johnson for sure!

Let's see how the season plays out.

I would have been a MMA fighter.

I like the old school Sherwoods.

I check them before every game.

On 5/25/2020 at 5:23 AM, Jubo07 said:

Yes, I am. It feels like I'm actually seventeen again.

I can't pick out just one improvement. Very happy with the direction right now.

Would that be Moscow, then?

When I was younger I would have said taekwondo, but now I'd probably go with golf.

Warrior. No reason. It's just what they've been handing me.

Three times a month approximately.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:23 PM, Jubo07 said:

I am definitely contributing less on the offensive end, but if the team is succeeding, then I am happy.

Spaz's improvement has been incredible.

As usual, I think Riga will be our biggest rival this season.

Rocket League. A lot of the same ideas apply.

Bauer Vapor 1X

Every 15 hours of ice time, and before every game.

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 2:hel: <--

For week ending June 7th

1) Week two in the books and we lead the European Conference! Are you surprised to see us in this position?
2) When playing on the road what is something you miss from home?
3) Do you like to listen to music in the locker room before games?
4) Who has been our unsung hero thus far?
5) If the guys went out for karaoke after a game would you go up and sing?
6) What is your favorite movie trilogy or franchise?

1) Week two in the books and we lead the European Conference! Are you surprised to see us in this position? Not at all, I knew we had it in us, we just had to get some momentum
2) When playing on the road what is something you miss from home? The fans and atmosphere of playing in Helsinki. Always an amazing time
3) Do you like to listen to music in the locker room before games? Of course, getting pumped up for a game is a great way to go in with a good mindset
4) Who has been our unsung hero thus far? Again, tough to say for sure. This whole team has been playing great, but it's hard to overstate how much Michael Johnson's play has helped this team succeed this year.
5) If the guys went out for karaoke after a game would you go up and sing? still feel, by half alive for sure
6) What is your favorite movie trilogy or franchise? The prequels from Star Wars, but solely for Episode 3. Other two are eh

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 2:hel: <--

For week ending June 7th

1) Week two in the books and we lead the European Conference! Are you surprised to see us in this position?

1. Surprised no. Cared? no

2. Me "playing" is me fucking and partying so what I miss is the pussy  and parties from back home.

3. Define "locker room" because in all the hotels I visit during my party tour I listen to music during the parties

4. I am. I am a one man team so I have no one I have to compete against for that one. 

5. I wouldn't sing. I drink. Drink lots and laugh at everyone and anyone who tried to sing. 

6. Original Star Wars Trilogy 

Little bit yea, not because I did not think we could do it, but because the roster went through fair amount of changes. Getting the lines to click is not guaranteed, but Helsinki is rolling on and that is great to see!

Fresh air and clean tap water, nothing like good old Helsinki tap. Great stuff. Traveling around makes you appriciate the little or bigger things you might take for granted.

Sometimes, but not always. If I´m feeling bit down or something like that I might put on some music that I listen to, helps in getting my mind focused to the upcoming game.

Guys like Daldo and Andersen in defense, they don´t get the biggest headlines, but they do play on high level every night. Nothing fancy, easy passes and puck to the net. Simple and effective hockey from those two.

I would not, but if I would have to I would sing Africa by Toto. That is a great song.

The Bourne movies, me likes.

I am a bit, however I'm not faltering over it. We got this!

I miss my bed, to be honest haha.

I do. It gets me in the zone for the night.

This is tough since everyone has stepped up in their own ways. I'll have to say that Daldo has been fantastic as well.

I'd have to, yes.

The Avengers and the entire Star Wars trilogy in no particular order.