Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1) One goal games coming back to haunt us again in round 1. Do we pull off the comeback in the series?
2) What are you most looking forward to in the off-season?
3) Do you have a personal goal for S73?
4) If you weren't on Helsinki, which Titan would you never want to meetup with in a fight?
5) What is your to go hot beverage?
6) What is/was your best subject in school?

Nothings haunting. It's just superstition. Let's go, Titans!

Endless rounds of golf.

Endless rounds of golf some more, hahaha!

Rodriguez is nuts. I don't want to meetup with him even in the locker room. Nuts.

Evening tea is alright.

French.

1) One goal games coming back to haunt us again in round 1. Do we pull off the comeback in the series? No, we lost
2) What are you most looking forward to in the off-season? What pieces we're able to pull together for Hafkey's last season.
3) Do you have a personal goal for S73? Win the cup, always
4) If you weren't on Helsinki, which Titan would you never want to meetup with in a fight? Every player here has a reason and a drive to play like they do. They could all hold their ground in a fight
5) What is your to go hot beverage? Coffee
6) What is/was your best subject in school? Science & History

1) One goal games coming back to haunt us again in round 1. Do we pull off the comeback in the series?

I don't think so, these small mistakes are brutal and a team like Moscow not only knows how to properly punish us, but maintain that momentum too.
2) What are you most looking forward to in the off-season?

Chilling with the boys.
3) Do you have a personal goal for S73?

Creating more opportunities for my teammates. I feel like I have a play-style that's way too selfish
4) If you weren't on Helsinki, which Titan would you never want to meetup with in a fight?

Probably me, I have nasty combos and can put people to sleep like it's nobody's business.
5) What is your to go hot beverage?

Coffee for sure. I love winding down after a long day with a nice medium double double.
6) What is/was your best subject in school?

Definitely introduction to programming logic.

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 6 - Off-season week 1:hel: <--

For week ending July 12th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Our off-season started earlier than we were hoping, what have you done with the extra time off?
2) Protection lists are the hot topic with the playoffs ending this week. Do you think the expansion teams will have enough to pick from to ice a competitive team?
3) With Johnson retiring do you feel a proven starting goalie is what we need most for S73?
4) What is the last movie you watched?
5) Do you plan to watch the 24 team play-in/playoff when the NHL resumes?
6) Are you a member of any other sim league such as EFL or SBA?

43 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

1) Our off-season started earlier than we were hoping, what have you done with the extra time off?

I have still been training throughout the off-season.
2) Protection lists are the hot topic with the playoffs ending this week. Do you think the expansion teams will have enough to pick from to ice a competitive team?

I would assume that they will be ok depending on if they have a decent goalie. 
3) With Johnson retiring do you feel a proven starting goalie is what we need most for S73?

Yes we definitely need a proven goalie.

I watched the Scoob movie.

Yes I will be rooting for my St.Louis Blues!

No,I am not a member of any other sims league.

54 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I have been hanging out with family and training 3-4 days a week. 

2) I think they will need some time to be competitive. 

3) Yes we really need a proven goalie for sure. 

4) I watched that Kirsten Stewart film “Underwater.”

5) Yes I’m pumped up and ready for the Blues to win it again. 

6) I was on PBE Baseball sim league and the SBA.  But I just don’t do those anymore. 

Not much, I have just been taking it easy and resting. No serious injuries or anything, but felt like my body could use a solid rest period and that is what I have been doing!

Who knows, I don´t think they are able to put together a cup contender, but maybe a playoff spot could be reality for one of the teams if everything goes well? I have no idea to be honest.

Maybe, but I think Zamboni is going to surprise many, but cant deny the fact that the jump from juniors to big league goes a lot smoother if there is a veteran goalie to help out.

Has to be one of the Bourne movies, maybe the first one? Not really a huge movie fan, have not been watching that many lately.

No, but going to check the results though. I know its important to finish the year and all that, but feels weird to keep going especially seeing how the damn corona is still present in USA.

I used to have player in SBA, but had to drop the league due to not having the time or energy to keep going. ( I dont know basketball that well)

1- I am still going in the VHLM playoffs. We have made the finals and will

play winner of Saskatoon and Philly.

2- Roster depth will be a question for the mew teams

3- As much as I want to play as a starter I wont have the TPE to be a proven guy yet. If we can get a starter I will welcome that.

4- Sonic

5- I think so but not all the games

6- I am not

14 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Went back home going to spend time with my mother before I start my intense training.

Not at all I don't see any of them doing good until their third season unless they trade picks away.

I'm not sure honestly.

I honestly don't remeber I don't watch movies often.

Fuck yes lol.

I am not, I barely have time for this lol

I promised I would golf, but I was too sad to go play even a nine. I started practicing snooker at home.

Not necessarily just based on expansion draft alone, but with other factors at play, surely they could.

Yes. It all starts from the back and Johnson, like Pepper before was special.

Ridley Scott's Blade Runner.

There's going to be a lot of sports going at the same time and living on the other side of the world will make it a little hairy. But I'll try to see the Hawks games, for sure.

I am, yes. EFL, SBA, a soccer league and... that's about it right now?

1) Our off-season started earlier than we were hoping, what have you done with the extra time off? Collecting on what I wanted to do for this final year of Hafkey's career. I'm gonna prepare him for the best year of his career and make sure he brings home one last Cup for Helsinki.
2) Protection lists are the hot topic with the playoffs ending this week. Do you think the expansion teams will have enough to pick from to ice a competitive team? Hopefully they will, but if not, they're basically guaranteed a good player to build around.
3) With Johnson retiring do you feel a proven starting goalie is what we need most for S73? Absolutely, if we want to be competitive for this final year for a lot of players, we should have every asset we need to compete.
4) What is the last movie you watched? The Last Samurai I believe
5) Do you plan to watch the 24 team play-in/playoff when the NHL resumes? Absolutely, seeing all these teams compete for the Cup is unheard of in the modern era.
6) Are you a member of any other sim league such as EFL or SBA? Nope

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Pre-season week 1:hel: <--

For week ending July 19th

1) It's that exciting time of the off-season; Drafts! What are you most looking forward to (VHL expansion draft, VHL draft or VHLM draft)
2) Free agency opens Thursday this week, do you see Helsinki signing anyone?
3) The Titans acquired goalie Samuel Ross on the weekend. How did you welcome him to the city?
4) Take a wild guess, which expansion team will have the best record this coming season? (Chicago, London, LA, Warsaw)
5) Who comes back from the off-season to training camp with the best tan?
6) You're challenged to a table top game on the flight to the next away game; which do you choose?

Just now, Jubo07 said:

1) It's that exciting time of the off-season; Drafts! What are you most looking forward to (VHL expansion draft, VHL draft or VHLM draft)
3) The Titans acquired goalie Samuel Ross on the weekend. How did you welcome him to the city?
4) Take a wild guess, which expansion team will have the best record this coming season? (Chicago, London, LA, Warsaw)
6) You're challenged to a table top game on the flight to the next away game; which do you choose?

1) It's just pretty cool getting  future players for the team. 

2) I am sure Jubo will get some good players.

3) That's great news and we all did a zoom conference call and welcomed him.

4) I will say LA will have best record.

5) It will not be me, I don't tan well.

6) I would play some Checkers or Sorry.

1- Expansion draft has me nervous to see who we will be losing

2- No. We got a goalie by trade and the roster is full.

3- I sent him contact details for our goalie equipment guy

4- London

5- Summers

6- Some card game. They are easy to learn so I dont care what one it is.

Luke Thornton getting drafted in the VHLM with his cousin Onde Sandstrom.

I do not really know because of all these expansion teams now.

A good player to have. We had poster for him in the city.

I hope Chicago becomes good quickly.

Aleksander Rodriguez.

Not sure tbh.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I think it’s going to be fun seeing all the new talent and it will be hard losing player in the Expansion draft. 

2) Jubo always does a great job setting up the team to succeed. 

3) That’s awesome getting a solid goalie. We all linked up throughout the day. 

4) I’m going to predict that London will be the better team. 

5) I will say Bob will have best tan. 

6) I will play any table top game. Maybe some chess. 

Expansion draft, its so rare that hard not to get at least little excited, and of course there is always the risk that your own player gets picked, so the expansion draft as a two season veteran is what I look forward the most

Never know, I guess the competition for players is heavy and I know Helsinki has fair number of players under contract already, but my bet is that Helsinki is interested in at least few players.

Nothing too big, I tried to offer some tips on where to eat and spend time in. I was new in the city not so long ago, so I have fairly fresh memories still on what its like.

Warsaw, I know they will play for their fans in every game, that support and determination is what carries Warsaw far in the first season.

T. Bolonee and his naturistic lifestyle is going to secure him the victory here.

I´m terrible in all of these games, so I would happily play whatever, I know I´m going to lose

6 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Getting to the draft to see what new addition we make.

Yes it'll be nice too see who will come to help compete for the cup with us.

With a jar of peanut butter.

I'm going to guess london since they have the first overall pick in the expansion draft but it's honestly anyone's game.

I'm going to have to go with Tony. 

Some checkers.

Expansion draft
2) Free agency opens Thursday this week, do you see Helsinki signing anyone?  Probably a goalie, which one though????
3) The Titans acquired goalie Samuel Ross on the weekend. How did you welcome him to the city?  Certainly not with boiled peanuts.  I can't find one dang boiled peanut in this country.  Am I in Helsinki or the Gulag?

Chicago (if the players don't get taken out by crime before the games)
5) Who comes back from the off-season to training camp with the best tan?  Helsinki gets enough sun for a tan?
  Candy Land  I'ma beast at some candy land

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1. VHL draft is always pretty intresting.

2. Yeah, i think that we will.

3. Couple beers and stuff haha.

4. Warsaw.

5. I'm sure its gonna be Jim Bob

6. I dont care, i'm gonna win anyway haha

1) It's that exciting time of the off-season; Drafts! What are you most looking forward to (VHL expansion draft, VHL draft or VHLM draft) VHL Draft for sure, seeing the future of the Titans is always an exciting time!
2) Free agency opens Thursday this week, do you see Helsinki signing anyone? As stated previously, loading up for a playoff push with pieces that we were lacking in the year before are all I can hope for.
3) The Titans acquired goalie Samuel Ross on the weekend. How did you welcome him to the city? The boys took him out on a night in the city of Helsinki, though how much I can disclose that happened is gonna have to be limited ?
4) Take a wild guess, which expansion team will have the best record this coming season? (Chicago, London, LA, Warsaw) London looks like it has the pieces it needs to start a strong franchise.
5) Who comes back from the off-season to training camp with the best tan? We're all living in Scandinavia, nobody has a tan up here. 
6) You're challenged to a table top game on the flight to the next away game; which do you choose? I love me a few games of Poker, but I wouldn't pass up Checkers either

Always fun to get new teammates so I'm looking forward to the VHL draft the most.

I think we showed that we can compete and we can be an attractive destination for free agents that want to win. I hope we get a couple of them to sign with us.

We went to the sauna, of course.

I would go with London.

I'm a fan of Jared Spaz's farmers tan. Nothing more honest than that in the world.

Ticket to ride. Choo choo.

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 1:hel: <--

For week ending July 26th

1) S73 season starts on Tuesday, what is a personal goal for you this season?
2) Training camp is open, what is an area of your game you are hoping to improve?
3) Do you enjoy the trades/free agency/drafts or do you just count down the days to get back into action?
4) 16 teams now in the VHL, are you looking forward to traveling to the four new cities?
5) Who is your favorite non-hockey athlete?
6) Name a video game you remember from your childhood

19 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

2) Training camp is open, what is an area of your game you are hoping to improve?
3) Do you enjoy the trades/free agency/drafts or do you just count down the days to get back into action?
4) 16 teams now in the VHL, are you looking forward to traveling to the four new cities?

1. Play as good as i can and grow up as a player.

2. Skating.

3. Counting, i just want to play hockey again.

4. Yeah, its gonna be intresting.

5. Kimi Räikkönen

6. CoD 4

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I would like to get more assists and goals if possible.

2) I just want to be more productive on the scoreboard.

3) It's all good and I'm always waiting for the new season.

4) Yes it's going to be great forming new rivalries.

5) I really like Jon Jones in the UFC.

6) I used to like any Super Mario games.