Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1) 50 games in, what has been your season highlight? My highlight will be lifting the Cup with the boys at seasons end, but for now I'd say just the turnaround I've had from last season has been good in itself.
2) Which expansion logo do you most enjoy? (LA, Chicago, London or Warsaw) There's something simplistic and brilliant about the LA one. I definitely like that one.
3) Are you hopeful to be on the Titans expansion protection list? Here's hoping I am
4) What area of our game do we need to improve on through the final stretch of the season? Closing out games, too many we've lost have been 1-2 goal games. If we can get that extra goal or two in a game we'd be in a remarkable spot.
5) If you could have any athletes signature who would it be? I would say Nathan MacKinnon, but I already got his ?. Past him, maybe Mikko Rantanen or Cale Makar.
6) Its hot out and you want to cool down with a cold dessert or beverage, what do you go for? A cold Coke seems to always do nicely.

1) 50 games in, what has been your season highlight?

I scored couple goals in one game not so long ago, those two goals pushed my season total to career high of 10 goals in one season, so a great game, and also a big game in the bigger picture.

2) Which expansion logo do you most enjoy? (LA, Chicago, London or Warsaw)

They are all cool looking, but I like Warsaw maybe the most. Nice colors and fierce looking wolf like animal as logo, good stuff!

3) Are you hopeful to be on the Titans expansion protection list?

I am, started to play better and better, hopefully the same continues and my name is on the protected list as a result

4) What area of our game do we need to improve on through the final stretch of the season?

Scoring maybe,  put more shots to the net and guys after the rebounds. Couple goals more here and there would not hurt at least!

5) If you could have any athletes signature who would it be?

Olli Jokinen, legendary character in Finnish hockey.

6) Its hot out and you want to cool down with a cold dessert or beverage, what do you go for?

Beverage, ice cold water all day!

1) 50 games in, what has been your season highlight?

I'm top 10 in the league for empty net goals. Take that, haters.

Eh, I like London's. I enjoy logos that really 100% represent the city the team plays in.

I think my age and TPE production will be enough to keep me on the team but my lack of commitment with 1 year contracts might play against me.

4) What area of our game do we need to improve on through the final stretch of the season?
I'm a sniper who doesn't score as much as he should. I definitely need to improve my aim and get more pucks in net.

I'm not really into collecting athlete signatures but getting one from the Habs legends would be cool. Guy Lafleur for example.

6) Its hot out and you want to cool down with a cold dessert or beverage, what do you go for?
A soft chocolate and vanilla ice cream dipped in chocolate.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 3:hel: <--

For week ending June 21st

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

6 game winners so far lol.

I honestly don't remember if I've seen them yet, I'll have to go do that.

Yes I want to retire a titan.

Winning the more of the big games.

Evgini Malkin

Ice cream

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 4:hel: <--

For week ending June 28th

1) It looks like we are a lock for the post season! Who are you hoping to meet in round 1? (Moscow or Davos)
2) Have you met a seasonal goal in season 72?
3) Which retiring player will you personally miss the most in S73? (Rodriguez, Strong, Fontenette, Johnson)
4) If you were an expansion GM which positional need would you aim to fill first?
5) Are you currently into any mobile games?
6) If you could have a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

On 6/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, Jubo07 said:

Watching Fontenette return to the form we've seen in the past. It has been great to see him excel again.

I am certainly partial to the London Logo.

Yeah, but with my cap hit, I may be more of a hindrance than a help.

Just being consistent. We have shown the ability to do everything well, we just struggle to do it all at the same time.

Eric Lindros. He will always be my favorite player.

Milkshakes are my favorite. Wildberry with chocolate is the best.

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

1) It looks like we are a lock for the post season! Who are you hoping to meet in round 1? (Moscow or Davos)

I'm still holding out hope for Prague, but if not them, Davos. Moscow isn't the team they have been in recent seasons, but I still don't like the idea of facing them in the first round.

I have scored way more goals than I expected. At this point, I am really focused on performing in the playoffs.
3) Which retiring player will you personally miss the most in S73? (Rodriguez, Strong, Fontenette, Johnson)

My fondness for my linemate is no secret, it will be rough losing Fontenette next season.
4) If you were an expansion GM which positional need would you aim to fill first?

Goalie. It has been proven time and time again that it is crucial to have any success.

Retro Bowl is great!
6) If you could have a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Southeast Asia sounds really cool. I'd love to visit Vietnam.

Moscow! Those games would have intense atmosphere, Helsinki and Moscow are fairly close to each other, fans could travel with the teams more, which brings unique feel to any series.

I was hoping to get 300 hits, but looks like I might not even get 200, which would be a bummer, but I could reach 20 goals this year, that would be great!

Strong or Fontenette, and that is because they have been in Helsinki for long time, they bring a lot of veteran leadership into the team. Not having them around next year will be weird.

That is a tough one, having a solid goalie goes a long way, but even a solid goalie cant do it alone, so I would perhaps look into building from defense first, having that piece in order helps in making the team more attractive to free agents for example, which in return speeds up the whole process.

I´m not, I have actually never been much of a mobile gamer. Feels ´harder´ compared to gaming on a console.

Japan or South-Korea, would love to visit both and just spend time walking around.

We did a lot better against Davos this season so I'd rather we play them.

Yes, I wanted to finally get over 50 points. I was at a point per game at some point during the season so I'm disappointed I slowed down but 50 points was a big milestone.

Fontenette is our leading scorer so it will hurt like a bitch to lose him.

Defense is rare in any league. If there were any interesting defensemen, I would go for them first.

Not a huge fan of mobile gaming but I'll admit I didn't really try a lot of them. I have Fallout Shelter that I play when I'm suuuuuuper bored.

I would very much like to go to New Zealand.

1- we are in Mexico also. I will be cheering for the Titans all the way.

2- close to my goal of .900 save percentage.

3- Johnson was going to be my mentor. He retired too early.

4- Top centerman

5- Not really into mobile games

6- How about Finland!

I would say Moscow would be my pick to play.

Yes I have brought my penalty minutes down from last year and been very disciplined. 

I will say Fontenette will be most missed.

I would try to fill forward position first.

No, I play x-box one most of the time.

I would go to California most likely.

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I would like to play Moscow and beat them. 

2) I am leading team in plus/minuswith +19 and that was one of my goal score this year. 

3) I will miss Fontenette and Strong mostly but Johnson has been a huge part of our success this year so I don’t want him to go either. 

4) I would look for a good goalie or forwards first. 

5) No, I  do not play mobile games. 

6) I would go to the Pacific Northwest area. 

1) I would pick Davos. Customs to Russia is always a total mess. Key point.

2) We're working on a championship and that's where my goal is.

3) I would pick Johnson. I'm going to miss playing, but Johnson is steady and hardy.

4) I have no idea. Top line center?

5) No. I couldn't even name a mobile game, I think. :D 

6) Maldives.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:45 PM, Jubo07 said:

I want Davos so bad, but we can beat either or.

Yes I just wanted to do more than I did last season and I doubled it.

All of them honestly they've been a key part to the team this season.

Most likely goalie, or defense.

No I haven't been in about two years.

Italy I've always wanted to visit there.

I'd love to meet Davos, I know we have a lot of history with that team in the post season and keeping that tradition going would be great.

I haven't, but I know I'll have time to improve in the off season and try to hit it next season.

I'll miss all of them honestly, they all taught me so much and everything I learned was so valuable in helping me develop into becoming a better player.

I would try to find a good goaltender first. The impact of having a first rate goaltender can't be ignored. A great example of this is with VGK making the Stanley Cup in their inaugural season when they signed Marc-Andre Fleury

Not really, I've always been a desktop kind of guy, but I will admit I enjoyed Angry Birds when it was popular.

New Zealand, they have COVID figured out and I'm jealous.

1) It looks like we are a lock for the post season! Who are you hoping to meet in round 1? (Moscow or Davos) I would've much rather preferred Davos, but Moscow will be a good series as well.
2) Have you met a seasonal goal in season 72? I have, I had a much better season this year compared to last, and we made the playoffs again which is always a plus.
3) Which retiring player will you personally miss the most in S73? (Rodriguez, Strong, Fontenette, Johnson) Fontentte for sure, he's been here ever since I got traded to Helsinki, and he's been an amazing player and friend to the locker room. It will be quite different without him sending crazy passes up the ice for easy goals.
4) If you were an expansion GM which positional need would you aim to fill first? Defense for sure, because you know what they say, "defense wins championships."
5) Are you currently into any mobile games? I don't fancy myself as much of a mobile game player, I play more on consoles or PC but I'll play a hockey GM mobile game here and there perhaps.
6) If you could have a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Stockholm, Sweden, easily. I've wanted to see Stockholm for years now, and I want to eventually move there at some point in my life.

-->  :hel:Titans S72 Presser 5:hel: <--

For week ending July 5th

1) One goal games coming back to haunt us again in round 1. Do we pull off the comeback in the series?
2) What are you most looking forward to in the off-season?
3) Do you have a personal goal for S73?
4) If you weren't on Helsinki, which Titan would you never want to meetup with in a fight?
5) What is your to go hot beverage?
6) What is/was your best subject in school?

4 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) One goal games coming back to haunt us again in round 1. Do we pull off the comeback in the series?

I certainly think we should We have such a great class of players on their way to retirement. It would be a disappointment to make a first round exit.

Just some time to relax with my family. But, no offense to them, hopefully we can delay that a couple more weeks.

I am going to be one of the veterans on the team next season. Those are some big shoes to fill and hopefully I do a good job of filling them.
4) If you weren't on Helsinki, which Titan would you never want to meetup with in a fight?

Ben Hafkey. Doesn't fight often, but when he does, watch out.

Cappuccino. It is just the perfect drink.

It was math for a while, but by the end it was definitely English.

Yes! Need to keep going and trust the gameplan, 60 minutes of hockey is a lot, anything can happen. We have been close every game, just matter of getting even little bit of luck and comeback is reality.

Resting, long season and its not even over yet, so going to need some time away to recover, never been in playoffs before, so unknown territory for me as a player.

50 assists, ambitious but I think its doable if I keep working on my game steadily.

Tony Bolonee is one, I know we have quite few big guys in the team, but Tony is a tank. Long reach and the agility, bad news in a fight.

I actually don´t like hot beverages, I don´t drink any, but I guess tea could be something I might learn to like.

English for me as well.

Tough to be optimistic at this point but we don't have a choice. We just gotta score a little more.

Going home for a bit and spending time with friends and family.

Made it past 50 points so now I would like to get a point per game.

Guillaume Fontenette with all dem muscles and dat strength.

I like tea a lot. Chai is my favourite.

Geography and history

I sure hope we comeback and win.

I am not look forward to off-season.

I just want to play the best I can play.

I really don't think like that.

I like a good cup of coffee sometimes.

I was always good in biology.

15 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending July 5th

1) I really want us to comeback because we had a decent season. 

2) I look forward to the peace and quiet of my home in the woods. 

3) I just want to maintain my points production and be a leader. 

4) I wouldn’t want to fight Bolonee he’s strong as an ox. 

5) I really like coffee sometimes. 

6) I was good in history and obviously gym class.  Lol

1- if anyone can it is Helsinki

2- Making my trip to Finland to join the Titans

3- Good stats and some wins as backup

4- Jim Bob is scary

5- Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows 

6- History was cool and I did not mind math

17 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

For week ending July 5th

I believe it can if we can keep positive it's not an easy comeback but it's possible.

Just off season training.

Win the cup.

Match me up with them all hehe.

Coffee idk if I really take anything that's hot with me lol.

Probably, history I still love it to this day lmao.