Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

19 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

1) 6-4-0 record after week 1, are you pleased with the teams start?

I think it was solid, but we have room to improve.
2) Are you happy with your players performance so far this season?

I couldn't ask for more. The team is giving me a lot of opportunities and I want to do everything I can with them.
3) Erik Summers fresh off a rookie start is leading all Titans in points. Why do you believe he has been so effective thus far?

All the credit belongs to the team. We have a lot of hard workers and I am reaping the benefits right now.
4) Which club do you most look forward to facing?

I always love playing against Riga. The games are always exciting and rivalries are extra fun when you are winning.
5) Which TV series did you last binge?

Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
6) Have you picked up any new hobbies during this period of isolation?

I don't think I would call it a hobby, since it isn't enjoyable, but I have started working out, so that's good.

I am, I think that is a good start, especially for a team that had fair amount of changes happen to their roster during off-season.

Yes and no. I´m happy that I have almost 40 hits already, but ´only´ two goals with 26 shots, that rating could be better.

3) Erik Summers fresh off a rookie start is leading all Titans in points. Why do you believe he has been so effective thus far?

Erik is an excellent skater, he can turn in tight spaces and make room for himself even if there is a opponent right on his tail. Erik also has a great shot, manages to fire them past opponents and all the way to the net, underrated skill, but crucial in the modern game.

Moscow is one, always special games when you play against last years champions.

Kenny vs Spenny, can see it in Youtube ;) Fun show that I remember watching years ago in TV.

Not sure if it counts, but I have tried to read more. Never been much of a reader, but it´s been a great alternative to watching random videos in youtube for example.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @Garrett @okochastar @Grape @Quik

@Erik Summers @cody73 @Tbeez99 @Cusemode @MMFLEX @Gscx420 @quanack

@Caboose30 @ng1291 @Bob Helminen @DrHexDex @Julian Dalvao

1) I'm happy with our start.

2) I'm only a rookie so my first few games I was pretty nervous. I'm feeling settled in now; hopefully I start producing more.

3) I've noticed he's been able to punish our opponents mistakes easily.

4) Prague

5) I last binged a Netflix show on the Roman Empire.

6) I recently got a gaming laptop so I've spent isolation trying to get used to playing with mouse & keyboard.

3 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

I am and out of the 3 of the 4 games we have loss they have been close games that could go either way including two 1-0 losses we have a pretty solid defense.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahuahaywyayyau no not at all only two points through two games, it just shows I still have a lot to work on.

The kids a stud.

Anyone who wants the heat.

The walking dead and I regret it because I only watched till season 9 and was very disappointed.

Not at all I've actually been working that's really about it.

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @Garrett @okochastar @Grape @Quik

1) 6-4-0 record after week 1, are you pleased with the teams start? It could always be better, but it could definitely be worse, so I'm alright with how we've been playing

2) Are you happy with your players performance so far this season? I've had a slump or two of performance thus far so I'm neutral on that end

3) Erik Summers fresh off a rookie start is leading all Titans in points. Why do you believe he has been so effective thus far? He's got the skill set needed to be an incredibly talented player for years to come, he's just naturally talented at the game.

4) Which club do you most look forward to facing? Going to face my old team in Vancouver is always a treat

5) Which TV series did you last binge? I've actually just started watching Hell on Wheels, been loving the beginning of the show

6) Have you picked up any new hobbies during this period of isolation? Other than catching up on shows and hanging out with buds online, it's business as usual for me.

I think we could do better, but I don't know if we will. All I know is our scorers have to be scoring and we need to minimize penalties.

Not really, I'm Kyle Andersen (All-VHLM defenseman and Reapers HOF inductee). I should be tearing it up but I'm not.

His tactic is just being better than everyone else.

HC Davos for sure. Derek Eriksson's there and I love denying him goals with my super slick defense skills!

I'm currently binge watching Yugioh!

All I've really been doing is school work and watching nostalgic shows.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, Jubo07 said:

I think we've had a solid start. A good amount of those losses have been real close games so I think we just need a couple good bounces and we'll be winning a lot more

Yea. It's good to see that I'm still playing a very physical game. I wish I could stay out of the penalty box a little more but what can you do?

He's a solid skater and can punish the other team for their mistakes. It's good that he's playing so well this early in his career because you know he's only gonna get better.

Prague for sure. It's always nice to be around those guys and play with them, even if I'm on the other team. Plus since their one of the better teams right now, beating them would say a lot.

Family Guy. Not proud of it but it's mindless enough that I can do work while it's going on in the background.

I started a Tomadachi Life game with all my friends and random females and am providing the guys with daily updates on what has happened. So far, one is dating the corona virus and the other is dating Barack Obama.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 4:hel: <--

1) Our combined goal tending has been stellar, including back-to-back shutouts last week. What do you attribute this success to?
2) Helsinki has shown grit more this season than in recent memory. How does this benefit you as a player?
3) As of the end of week 3 we are 2 points out of a playoff spot. What do we need to improve to make the jump up?
4) What has been the biggest change in your day to day life over the last 3 to 4 weeks?
5) What is a social activity you miss taking part in?
6) Do you have a favorite motivational hockey quote?

1) Our combined goal tending has been stellar, including back-to-back shutouts last week. What do you attribute this success to? 

Who really knows with this sim engine it’s very random sometimes. 
2) Helsinki has shown grit more this season than in recent memory. How does this benefit you as a player?

I think it benefits all players if we work together to win games. 
3) As of the end of week 3 we are 2 points out of a playoff spot. What do we need to improve to make the jump up?

We need to score more goals and just be more consistent. 
4) What has been the biggest change in your day to day life over the last 3 to 4 weeks? 

Just having to having to limit where and how many times I go out. 

I miss going to my dads and visiting him. 

” All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.” Gordie Howe

1) Our combined goal tending has been stellar, including back-to-back shutouts last week. What do you attribute this success to?

As a team, we've been playing really strong defence, not giving the opposition much space to get quality shots on goal. We're making it pretty easy for those guys in the pipes, and they've been rewarding us by being stellar in turn!
2) Helsinki has shown grit more this season than in recent memory. How does this benefit you as a player?

Having that bit of edge to our game definitely opens up some space for us. Makes it easier to play your game when you don't have to worry about being put through the boards every time you head up ice.

I think consistency is our biggest issue, offensively. We'll have some games where we put up 4+ goals, and then go a bunch putting up 2 or less. A big part of that lands on me, I've been pretty inconsistent overall, but I'm starting to hit my stride and can hopefully help get our offence rolling.

Honestly, eating out a lot less. I used to be guilty of grabbing a McMuffin and coffee for breakfast, and eating out for lunch more than I should be. Current events have obviously made that less of an option, so I've been cooking more and been better about preparing my meals ahead of time.

Just hanging out with people. Luckily, I have my fiancee so it's not lonely, but not being able to do much aside from going to work will have its own challenges at any time. We're starting to run out of things to watch, so we'll see what happens lol.

Eh, not really. There's tons of great quotes from decades of hockey, but I think the best ones come when they're needed, from someone you know. To me, the best motivation you get is from someone you trust and respect.

We have been playing really good defense so that helps also.

I think it will benefit every player and bring us together on another level of toughness.

We need to pick up our scoring and stay defensively sound.

Just not being able to see my friends as much.

I miss hanging out with my friends. 

No, I really don't really read many quotes. 

Obviously the goalies have been on fire, but I think we have done pretty good job overall as a team preventing prime scoring opportunies from happening, second big part is making sure the goalies can see every shot, so team effort with goalies leading the way!

I feel I can play my own game, grit and physical type of hockey is exactly what hope to bring to the table as a player. Of course it´s nice to see great results after the hard work when team wins, gives that extra push in practice to keep going.

The powerplay has to be one, I´m not a math person, but when the games have been pretty tight usually, not using the man advantage has to show in the win columns eventually. Could even be the difference between playoffs and off-season starting.

I take it easy at home more than maybe normally, not that bad in all honesty, but the future being unknown makes it tough sometimes to stay positive, what is going to happen?

I don´t really have anything that I truly miss, yet at least. I have always been able to amuse myself alone as well, being alone does not take as big of a toll on me as maybe on some other people.

It´s only a game - why you have to be mad. - Ilya Bryzgalov

1) Our goaltending has been great, and while I don't want tot take away from their success, our defense corps have been playing well too.

2) I think it'll cause our team to become one that opponents don't want to play against.

3) We need to get our powerplay rolling.

4) I am still in school, so I would say not going to class has been the biggest change.

5) I miss going to my university's sport games.

6) "We all believed in ourselves. It was a matter of confidence that creates a fine line between winning and losing." - Patrice Bergeron 

I won't say that it's something I attributed, but as a team effort we've been playing good defensively.

It helps other morale and and team chemistry.

We need to find a way to create more offense we have it defensively but we've lost 4 or 5 goals 1-0, games that could've easily went our way if we would've just got that one goal.

Nothing really I'm still working it's just we switched to delivery or takeout for this whole thing.

Being able to walk around without having to worry about catching the stupid thing.

Uhh honestly I don't at least nothing I can think of, I've never really thought about it.

Just now, Jubo07 said:

We have really had a defensive focus all season. It helps when you have such amazing talent in net, but it is a mindset that has to be consistent across the entire team.

It opens up space on the ice when your opponents are always worried about where the next hit is coming from.

We are one game out of 4th, two games, out of 2nd, and three games out of 1st. It is a tight conference. If we keep doing what we are doing we will end up in the right spot.

Working from home has been great.

Attending Church. It is a like a second family, so not seeing them on a regular basis has been weird.

xByII.jpeg

1) Our combined goal tending has been stellar, including back-to-back shutouts last week. What do you attribute this success to? An incredibly strong defense, and obviously elite goaltending are to thank for this kind of performance. 

2) Helsinki has shown grit more this season than in recent memory. How does this benefit you as a player? Considering I am a bit of a smaller player, the physical nature never really appealed to me. Though it won't stop me from throwing a hit here and there when needed.

3) As of the end of week 3 we are 2 points out of a playoff spot. What do we need to improve to make the jump up? Personally, I need to start getting on the scoresheet more. If I’m not helping out with the minutes I’m getting I’m hurting the team more.

4) What has been the biggest change in your day to day life over the last 3 to 4 weeks? Not being able to go out and see my friends as much, last I saw them was on my birthday and since then I've only been able to text and call them.

5) What is a social activity you miss taking part in? Definitely seeing my friends on the weekend and going out to do things with them.

6) Do you have a favorite motivational hockey quote? Herb Brooks quote from Miracle, "Great moments are born from great opportunities."

On 4/6/2020 at 10:01 AM, Jubo07 said:

We're playing a good defensive game and our goalies are reaping the benefits of that.

I am grit. More hits for me, more opportunity for my team.

We just need to play with a little more offense. Our defensive game has been fantastic. We just gotta put more in their net.

I'm able to wake up at 2pm everyday so that's fun.

Seeing my friends in real life instead of through a camera.

"Is only game. why u heff to be med?"

• I would love to take credit since my shins are bruised every night, but the guys in net have been great. Consistency is the key.
  • I've had to play more PK? Ha.
  • Get through it in close games and get pucks to the net and watch the magic happen jumble jumble
  • I've been buying shoes that are not black or white. Tremendous.
  • Oh this was supposed to be real life? I suppose going to live sports and gigs.
  • Nothing jumps up right on cue, sorry!

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 5:hel: <--

1) We added a young promising talent (Okada) while Malmo traded off Burn and Marleau. Who makes the playoffs of the two?
2) Hiroshi Okada arrived in Helsinki last night, how did you help welcome him to the arena?
3) Do you recommend any hockey pod-casts or YouTube personalities?
4) What is your favourite table top game (board game/foosball/air hockey etc)?
5) What are you most looking forward to this summer?
6) Do you have any pets? If not, which pet would you most like to have?

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Grape @Quik

1) We added a young promising talent (Okada) while Malmo traded off Burn and Marleau. Who makes the playoffs of the two?  I believe we will make the playoffs.                  
2) Hiroshi Okada arrived in Helsinki last night, how did you help welcome him to the arena?   

I had him a coffee ready and we all conversed. 

There's to many you-tubers to name but I like Bassmaster sometimes hes pretty funny.

I like bubble hockey and foosball.

I just want to go outside.. this quarantine is dragging.

We have 3 cats and a dog.

1) We added a young promising talent (Okada) while Malmo traded off Burn and Marleau. Who makes the playoffs of the two?
Helsinki of course. Malmö is doing a hot sale at the moment it seems.

I helped myself by hugging everybody in the most embarrassing ways possible.

I barely watch hockey as it is so I don't look for additional news online.

I unfortunately don't have many friends who are into board games so I rarely play. I played Tock a lot with my family growing up though so I have fond memories of this game.

Seeing my family. That quarantine is hard on me, man.

I have a cat. I think a cat is perfect for me because I'm lazy as hell so having a dog would just not work.
RkQCuIc.png

1) Helsinki is going to make the playoffs. 

2) He hugged everyone and seemed excited to join the team. We’re happy to have him on the team. 

3) I like Sons of Arkham and Jack Vale. 

4) I love ping pong and bubble hockey. 

5) I can’t wait to go camping and enjoy the great outdoors. 

6) We have some cats and a dog. I want a bird though .

Helsinki! Okada brings hands and wheels into the roster, on top of that Okada can score, I think we are able to build more balanced lines and make them click, pushing us into the playoffs. Of course Malmo doing a lot of trades cant be helping their playoff chances, getting the team to click might be almost mission impossible.

I gave Okada a case of Finlands finest beer called Karhu, he seemed delighted.

I don´t really follow hockey podcasts that closely, but Spittin Chiclets is one, I recommend the Tim Stapleton episode.

Monopoly is a classic, been a while since I played it, but remember playing a lot of it as a kid.

Resting and also hopefully taking step or two forward as a player, going to work hard, but also take it easy. Mix of those should mean a fun summer.

I don´t have any pets, but cat could be fun, never had one, so it would be a real learning experience.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

I think this definitely makes us the favorite for that last playoff spot.

We had practice today and it was fun to get to know someone new. I've personally been following him pretty closely, so it is exciting to get to play with him.

Urinating tree is always entertaining.

Magic: The Gathering, but D&D is a close second.

My new house. So many projects to do.

Sort of. There is a stray cat that the former owner of our house used to feed. We haven't fed it, but it is still sticking around.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 5:hel: <--

I believe we do, we have that hunger and drive.

I just tried my best to make him feel apart of the family.

I do watch hockey podcasts but not often or really anyone that I remeber lol.

Pool, or air hockey.

Nothing special really at least for now I really don't have plans.

I have a shit head cat but love her dearly.

@Jbeezy76 @McLovin @Wheaties @jRuutu @Spaz @Harpskii @enigmatic @okochastar @Grape @Quik