Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

On 4/23/2022 at 8:10 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

1. What is your goal for the week?

2. Do you think its more important to receive individual or team awards?

3. What is your player's number (or the number you usually wear) and how did you choose it?

4. Would you rather wear only white or only black for the rest of your life?

5. What is your favorite meal you ate over the last week?

6. What is your greatest critique about the appearance of your country's currency?

1. More points, win faceoffs, win games

2. Team awards

3. For Ori it's 52, no real reason, I just really like the number.

To continue to develop down in the VHLE with Bratislava, biding my time until I'm called up to the VHL.

I think it's possible for both to be important. It takes a special individual to refuse individual awards, and I'm not that.

3. What is your player's number (or the number you usually wear) and how did you choose it?

59, and I didn't choose it. It chose me.

I think I'd prefer black. It's more slimming and when I die, I'm already wearing the appropriate color.

I haven't eaten a proper meal for while. I'm been quite ill, but when I feel better, maybe Chicken Kiev with extra Garlic Butter.

6. What is your greatest critique about the appearance of your country's currency?

None. The Australian dollar is quite worthless, but with regards to appearance, it's quite nice. 

Get into a fight, so I don't have to visit the dentist.

Individual. Anybody could win a team award. Individual award is personal.

If I remember correctly - 99. Goes well with the over-confidence that Jokinen has.

Black. White gets dirty so fast. Assuming I live in Finland. If somewhere hot and dry, then maybe white.

Pasta and meat.

Looks the same as the currency of so many other countries.

1) What is your favorite life hack? 

2) Do you have any major VHL regrets?

3) What one user in the VHL have you never been on a team with but would love to be?

4) Are there more wheels or doors on Earth? 

5) What is your favorite geometric shape, and why?

6) Is the VHL your primary sim league? If not, what league is? If it is, what other leagues are you active in or have been wanting to try?

11 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

3) What one user in the VHL have you never been on a team with but would love to be?

6) Is the VHL your primary sim league? If not, what league is? If it is, what other leagues are you active in or have been wanting to try?

1. I am the life hack for my family at least. So myself? 

2. I do regret how some of my earlier articles are copy and pasted messes that barely keep to the point. I have become much better at this part of article writing.

3. Is it a cop out if I say everyone, because everyone here is a good guy or lady.

4. Given the fact that that we have doors on wheels, I am going with wheels

5. I like cones. They are fun to roll around and bring up good memories.

6. The VHL is and will always be my primary sim league. That being said if you know of a sim league, chances are I am there already.

Wear shoes when taking a shower. That way your shoes are never dirty.

No ragrets.

I have been in a lot of teams over the years, I cant any names.

Doors. If there would be more wheels, why are wont going anywhere?

Triangle. Looks nice.

Yes. I have been active in few other leagues, but one is not there anymore, and few others are either not as fun anymore or for sport that I don't have huge passion towards.

It's not really a life hack, but I'm a big fan of just making a large meal in the crock pot at the beginning of the week then spreading it out. Some BBQ chicken can turn into sandwiches, pizza, tacos, whatever you need.

Nah. I've done a lot over the course of multiple players' careers, and I'm really at the point now that whatever will be, will be.

Good question. I don't think I've ever been on Victor's team for one reason or another, and we're often in direct opposition. But with his current break, don't know if it'll ever happen.

I thought about this one when it was a social media thing a few weeks back. I'm going with doors, with the caveat that if you're making machinery cogs a wheel then that'll change.

Maybe not the most useful, but there's something beautiful about a perfect circle. Also, it's the best shape for pizza, and I like pizza.

Yeah, it is currently and has been for a bit. I've been active in a bunch, and currently am in the EFL, but I'm not in the adventurous frame of mind currently.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, Mr_Hatter said:

1. I really don't have one, what really qualifies as one anyway?

2. I guess that Hexy didn't get any VHL awards, that's really a shame.

3. Enorama, the guy that brought me into this league.

1 hour ago, ROOKIE745 said:

1. I really don't have one, what really qualifies as one anyway?

Yeah tbf that wasn't a super simple question to answer if you aren't the kind of person who already thinks about "life hacks"

What is your favorite life hack? 

Hacking life in smart ways

Nope, none at all

Juice, no brainer

Wheels, easily

Idk, square.  Squares are good

Yes, not been not wanting to try but instead not having the time to try

For the Week Ending 5/15/22

1. How are you feeling about your play so far this season?

2. It's the All-Star break! What did you do with your weekend if you weren't playing?

3. What would be your favorite All-Star Game location to travel to worldwide?

4. Team Europe won the All-Star contest. Do you feel any loyalty to Team Europe, or view the other teams/players more as competitors?

5. Mid-season check-in: Who's the VHL championship favorite right now?

6. With temperatures starting to heat up (in the Northern hemisphere at least), any summer plans you're particularly excited for?

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

2. It's the All-Star break! What did you do with your weekend if you weren't playing?

4. Team Europe won the All-Star contest. Do you feel any loyalty to Team Europe, or view the other teams/players more as competitors?

6. With temperatures starting to heat up (in the Northern hemisphere at least), any summer plans you're particularly excited for?

1. It's been a bit underwhelming for sure, but there have been flashes of improvement throughout. Just need to get more consistent.

2. It was mother's day on Sunday, so just spent time with my mom and went out for lunch. Just a nice quiet weekend.

3. I would probably like to go to London tbh, I last went when I was really young, but I'd like to go again and remember it this time.

4. I'm appreciative of the Europe players for sure, and rooted for Booberry of course. We root against those players and teams for the rest of the season, I think we can spare some appreciation and support for them for one day in a season that's for fun.

5. I think it's down to Moscow and Riga, I think both teams have handled the top NA teams as well as the others in their conferences. Moscow is down in the series split to Riga, but if Moscow can play disciplined, I think they take a series against Riga for sure.

6. I will just be happy to be the grill master for summer barbecues again!

9 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. Pretty good, I do wish I was another 5 points or so ahead of what I'm at but still happy.

2. I imagine Ori just took a small trip back home to see family and such.

3. Well I'm boring so I'm still gonna choose somewhere in NA, probably like Montreal or San Jose?

Not great, but it's to be expected with the current build I have. I'll continue to develop a TPE plan this season and put it into play when I come up to the VHL.

Well I was playing for the Pickles apparently, so I was very busy hockeying.

That would be Tahiti. I look forward to seeing them keep the rink in top condition.

I detest any rival I am up against. It's a dog eat dog world so friends are unnecessary.

I'm not paying attention to the VHL, including Helsinki. I can't do anything to influence the team right now, so I'm concentrating on the E and my future.

I'm looking forward to the increased temperatures and their effect on global warming.

Better was expected offensively especially, 33 points in 47 games is not good enough for 900+ TPE defender.

I worked out and took it easy at home.

Germany for the crazy fans!

Not anymore. I'm annoyed that the Europeans won. I think other participants should have won.

Moscow perhaps, they are first in the league and they have scored the most goals.

I will spend as much time at the beach as possible. Swimming and enjoying the sun.

Questions for the week ending 5/22/22:

1. The Titans have gone on a bit of a run! What's been the main reasoning behind the run to you?

2. Will this team be able to sneak into the playoffs by the end of the season?

3. The Titans are 6th in the European Conference but would be 3rd in North America. Do you think the VHL should set playoff teams by conference?

4. As we enter the final stretch of the season, what are you doing to keep yourself engaged and hyped?

5. Taking a look at lesser hockey leagues, who are you rooting for that's left in the NHL playoffs?

6. What do you think the perfect sandwich should have on it?

1 minute ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. The Titans have gone on a bit of a run! What's been the main reasoning behind the run to you?

3. The Titans are 6th in the European Conference but would be 3rd in North America. Do you think the VHL should set playoff teams by conference?

4. As we enter the final stretch of the season, what are you doing to keep yourself engaged and hyped?

5. Taking a look at lesser hockey leagues, who are you rooting for that's left in the NHL playoffs?

1. I think we've found our game offensively, and Boobs has really held the fort in net. We're just playing well together and it shows on the ice.

2. I think so, we're going to show up to every game with the intention of winning and making it to the playoffs.

3. I don't really worry about that stuff, if we know that we have to be fifth or better in a conference of eight, we need to make sure we get there. Our fate is in our own hands, not the league being "fair."

4. I'm just focusing on the playoff push here, that's the biggest motivator and hype generator as well. This season means nothing without the playoffs. Plus it's a contract year so my performance is under the microscope.

5. Fuck that, Pens lost so I'm done watching. I don't care about it anymore.

6. A sandwich I absolutely adore is called the Dean Martin, with breaded chicken cutlets, fresh arugula and mozzarella with salt and pepper and an amazing pesto mayo sauce.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:58 AM, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. Better scoring I think? Defense has tightened up to.

2. I'm really hoping so, considering we would be 3rd in NA.

3. I get why it's set up that way but having a overall system where all teams are in one conference would be nice.

4. I guess watching the NHL playoffs?

5. Oilers because they have Mike Smith! But also Florida because they have jumbo Joe.

6. Turkey, lettuce, mayo, tomato. Something like that, whatever is used to make a classic turkey sandwich.

Tough to say, perhaps the special teams are turning tight games into victories more often? PK has been solid for some time, but now PP has also improved, it's 8th best in the league. Not so long ago the PP was second worst. Scoring PP goals helps a lot!

I think so. It will be tight, or looks like it, but we will get there.

I don't mind the current system. Would be great if we saw more trades though. For example if the NA is so much weaker, you would expect to see the NA teams trying to get some help during trade deadline, but nothing happened.

I take it easy and try to play as well as possible. One game at a time, or one sim at a time.

Would be nice if Florida or Carolina wins it all.

Rye bread, meat, and cheese.

For the week ending May 29, 2022

1. The end of the season! What is (or was) your thoughts going into these final games?

2. What's your preferred way to relieve nerves before a big game?

3. Our backup goalie started out poor, but had a few good games down the stretch. What did you say to him to keep up his spirits?

4. How far do you think the 6th place European team would go in the North American conference side of the playoffs?

5. Prediction time: Who's this year's VHL champion and why?

6. As we head into June (and Memorial Day weekend in the US), what summer plans are you most excited for?

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. The end of the season! What is (or was) your thoughts going into these final games?

3. Our backup goalie started out poor, but had a few good games down the stretch. What did you say to him to keep up his spirits?

4. How far do you think the 6th place European team would go in the North American conference side of the playoffs?

6. As we head into June (and Memorial Day weekend in the US), what summer plans are you most excited for?

1. It's pretty crazy, we're playing for everything these next few games. This season is going to be a bit disappointment if we don't make the playoffs, and we're going to be playing London twice who we're tied with in the standings. We're in control of our future and we have to win.

2. I just do some reflex drills with stress balls, to practice hand-eye coordination and warm up the reflexes.

3. We just told him to do his best and we'll do our best in front of him. It's a team sport and everyone has their roles to play.

4. I think they could make at least the Conference finals, I've seen most of the EU teams beat both Seattle and Toronto.

5. I feel like it could be Seattle just because they have the easiest path to the finals, but Moscow, Riga and Helsinki would be strong contenders as well.

6. I've got a trip to visit family planned for about three weeks in August, so that'll be my big summer plan away from work.

Wild times. Wild games. Nice to see tight action, but of course sucks we are in the middle of it.

Some kind of funny podcast or movie, and a nice meal. Then a nap.

Start doing better or I will kill you.

Quite far probably, maybe even all the way to the finals. Assuming the matchups are favorable.

Helsinki Titans. Going to be a fun story.

Swimming and sitting in the sun, those will be cool.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:19 AM, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. That we had a chance at the playoffs, and that it looks really silly on the league how we're ahead of second place in the NA conference.

2. Just watching a silly video or playin something.

3. I'd buy him dinner each win he gets.

4. Semi finals.

5. Moscow, because they're probably due for one.

6. Get to visit some family, watch the Stanley cup finales, watch the Xbox show, hopefully a Nintendo Direct to.

Week ending 6/5/22:

1. A disappointing end to the season for the Titans. What was your thoughts after the final game?

2. The team obviously finished sixth in Europe, but would have been second in North America. Can you consider this season somewhat of a success given the record, or is still a failure?

3. How much attention are you paying to the VHL playoffs now that the Titans aren't in it?

4. Of the teams left, who are you rooting to win the VHL title?

5. After the final game, where did you go to begin your offseason?

6. Following a tough loss, everybody could use a pick-me-up. What's your favorite type of ice cream?

On 6/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, CowboyinAmerica said:

Week ending 6/5/22:

1. A disappointing end to the season for the Titans. What was your thoughts after the final game?

2. The team obviously finished sixth in Europe, but would have been second in North America. Can you consider this season somewhat of a success given the record, or is still a failure?

3. How much attention are you paying to the VHL playoffs now that the Titans aren't in it?

4. Of the teams left, who are you rooting to win the VHL title?

5. After the final game, where did you go to begin your offseason?

6. Following a tough loss, everybody could use a pick-me-up. What's your favorite type of ice cream?

1. Definitely frustrated, we played great and it hurts to imagine what we could have done in the playoffs.

2. I consider it a success considering the past 3 seasons, and if not for our slow start we would have made it.

3. Not at all, we got the NHL playoffs and I've working more at work.

4. Toronto, I feel like we may end up with Seattle and Moscow though lol

5. Back home, Canada.

6. I'm basic, vanilla.