VHL Brand Executives

Devise

Hey Everyone!

So, by now you know that there will be six brands that will sponsor the VHL and its players, as well as everything to do with the Sponsor’s Shield! If you don’t know about it yet, check out the announcement regarding Endorsements and the format of the Sponsor’s Shield tournament which can be found here.

Now, we are looking to hire the Brand Executives who will run each Brand. As stated in the announcement, Brand Execs will receive compensation in the form of 2 Capped TPE per week Job Pay, as well as $1,250,000 in endorsements for their player. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone looking to get into GMing in the VHL, down the line, or just anyone who wants a job in the league!

If you are interested in becoming a Brand Executive, please reply to this thread, filling out the following form (Please note that VHL GMs may not apply for this position):

Username:

Player Name:

Brand Preference #1:

Brand Preference #2: (Leave blank if only interested in one brand)

Why should we choose you?:

VHL Brands to choose from: Harerade, Jolt Juice, Mike, Netflex, Over Armour, True North Gear, Ubuyalot Games and VIKING.

Please note: VHL General Managers May not apply for this position.

Username: Pierogi Tuxedo

Player Name: Rhett Stoffiday

Brand Preference #1: True North Gear

Brand Preference #2: Jolt Juice

Why should we choose you?: I'm highly committed to our league and would love the opportunity to better serve our community to my full potential. 

Username: McWolf

Player Name: Joseph McWolf

Brand Preference #1: True North Gear

Brand Preference #2: VIKING

Why should we choose you?: I don't think I need to tell you guys how active I am around here. I login daily, reach the TPE cap weekly and I already got a couple of jobs, even if I've been here only 2 months. (already? woah!) Ottawa AGM, VHLM Mag Writer, WJC Commissioner, Updater. I think I've shown already that (1) I can be trusted with important responsabilities and (2) I want more responsabilities. I thought the logical follow up to my fast promotion here was to take over a VHLM GM job, then probably end up as a VHL GM for a couple of seasons, and then burnout? But this brand exec job and the biannual tournament tied to it is new and, new is always better. I'd be honoured to be among the first generation of brand executives and to lead my own brand to glory! And mostly, I'd be honoured to be the executive of True North Gear. They are my brainchild, so I'd like to go the distance with them. If I can't take over them, any other would be fine, it's just that I'd prefer them.

Edited by McWolf

• Head Moderator

Username: tfong

Player Name: Tzuyu

Brand Preference #1: Jolt Juice

Brand Preference #2:  Viking

Why should we choose you?: well I'm here...cuz it's a Fong.

Also I've decided I'm going with a theme for my brand team, so it might be targetting all GFX team...or an all youth team. It'll be fun and very Fong like.

Edited by tfong

Don’t be afraid to apply for this if you are a newer member who has not held a job before. Even if you’ve only been around for a few weeks, but have shown some activity, anyone who applies will be considered for these Brand Exec positions!

@Members

Username: AndrewWarren13

Player Name: Oleksiy Revchenko

Brand Preference #1: True North Gear

Brand Preference #2:  Netflex

Why should we choose you?: Would like to be more active in the VHL as I am pretty active in EFL and SBA. Think this would be a good chance at a job without taking full plunge as a GM right now.

Username: Joubo

Player Name: Jorgin Weyed

Brand Preference #1: Ubuyalot Games

Brand Preference #2

I am looking to give more to the league and I have a borderline videogame addiction, so who better to Ubuyalot Games?

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

Edit: I'ma duck outta this too. I know Devise just liked that I applied. Lmao. Fuck it for now!

You should apply! Also @Bushito it's two fold, GM's have two players. Which one gets auto assigned to their brand? Second, the idea is to build something so that we are giving more people GM experience. I get that some VHL GM's would like to try their hand at doing this, but just trying to spread the love around and keep things fair for all. 

15 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

what does it entail? as in what would we be doing weekly?

Not much during the regular season, mostly recruiting players for your roster. You basically hand out endorsements based on the slots you have available. During Sponsors Shield Tournaments (alternating with World Cup off-seasons), you would need to submit lines based on your roster. 

Everything you need to know about brands and brand execs can be found here

Edited by Quik

Username: majesiu

Player Name: Piotr Jerwa

Brand Preference #1: Haterade

Brand Preference #2: Mike (I'm fine with others too)

I'm active in many sim leagues (PBE Commish, DSFL GM in NSFL, Top earner in SHL (and of course in PBE, NSFL), similarly to recently joined SBA (League Writer), EFL and here) and looking for new challenges, that are more laid back exactly like this one.

This seems really optimal because I can easily organize time for it when I need to focus more e.g. when tinkering lines (have some limited experience with STHS) for Sponsor’s Shield tournament and organizing the initial recruitment for the Brand Team. Would be a great opportunity to learn about the league as a whole too. Love the idea in general too, really refreshing look at filling the offseason, which is usually a boring downtime for players in the sim leagues.

Username: Jose Gonzalez

Player name: Jose Gonzalez

Brand preference 1: Over Armor

Brand Preference 2: Viking

Why me? I have been extremely active since I have joined, and only 1 week has gone by that I didn't not max out my tpe. I check my emails daily in the morning and afternoon, and as time goes on i will gain more free time.

20 hours ago, Quik said:

Don’t be afraid to apply for this if you are a newer member who has not held a job before. Even if you’ve only been around for a few weeks, but have shown some activity, anyone who applies will be considered for these Brand Exec positions!

@Members

thx for mentioning me by name ❤️ 

Username: Donno100

Player Name: Johnny Havenk Carison

Brand Preference #1: Over Armour

Brand Preference #2: Ubuyalot Games

Why should we choose you?: I've active in a good amount of sim leagues at the time, and out of the 6-7 I'm in, I have a league job in 3 of them. So in terms of job experience, I'm pretty alright but as for activity, I'm also good (Sim leagues are literally my hobby at this point) so the reason why you should choose me is because of experience and my activity.

Username: DucksFan64

Player Name: John Madden

Brand Preference #1: VIKING (I'd be willing to take any available brand)

Brand Preference #2: True North Gear

Why should we choose you?: I am a new member to the sight but I really want to get some practice doing GMing type jobs. I am super keen to help out with the brands and I will do what is required of me. I am also super team-oriented and I will try to be an inspiration to my players. I am usually active after I am done with school. I will try really hard to get a good team together to compete if you choose me. If not that's ok but if you could tell me another way to get involved in the GM situation, that would be awesome.

• 3 months later...

Hey all,

We are potentially looking for a couple more Brand Executives to add into the fold. If interested, please reply here. The only rule for who can/cannot apply is that VHL GMs still may not apply.