Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 11/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending November 28

(Answer all 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted?

2. With Riga Reign getting re-branded recently, what are your thoughts on the current Aces Logo?

3. If your player was to have a graphic, which NHL player(s) would be the one(s) you would want to see used for your player?

4. It's been quite a while since Las Vegas last won the Founders Cup, have you ever had any lengthy sporting or sim league winless streaks where luck just wasn't on your side?

5. In your opinion, what is the best song that is played at hockey games?

6. What would you consider to be your favorite hockey video game of all time?

@Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @CSkams15 @Girts @Patty @Da Trifecta @Abaddon @Wiley @ClarkClanT

1. Had a solid draft, the team looks good

2. Our logo is nice

3. Steven Stamkos

4. I've had a fantasy winless streak my whole life it feels like

5. We Will Rock You - Queen's

6. Slapshot on the wii

Aces_Bar.png

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted?

2. With Riga Reign getting re-branded recently, what are your thoughts on the current Aces Logo?

3. If your player was to have a graphic, which NHL player(s) would be the one(s) you would want to see used for your player?

4. It's been quite a while since Las Vegas last won the Founders Cup, have you ever had any lengthy sporting or sim league winless streaks where luck just wasn't on your side?

@Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @CSkams15 @Girts @Patty @Da Trifecta @Abaddon @Wiley @ClarkClanT

1. Las Vegas drafted solid prospects. Very glad with the outcome.

2. Our Aces logo is one of a kind, it is definitely one of the best in the league.

3. Anders Lee

4. Its the nature of the game, it happens to everyone at some point. You just have to stay positive and keep grinding.

5. Enter Sandman - Metallica

6. NHL Hitz 2001, All-time favorite.

Aces_Bar.png

1. It’s a great team they are first in the standing right now and want to help them. 

2. I didn’t know the old logo because I just join. But it’s a great looking logo I love the lion. 

3. Erik Karlson I love his hair and beard. 

4. No it’s my first experience in a sim league so I hope it will not happen for me in the future. 

5. Welcome to the jungle! I feel it would be a dream to enter the ice with that song blasting in the arena. 

6. NHL 15 is the first one I play and the one I had the most fun playing it. 

I absolutely love the selections for the players that we drafted!

I like the current aces logo got some ideas for alternate logos myself.

Carey Price, Igor Shesterkin, or Henrik Lundqvist.

Yes, irl hockey rn we are on a bit of a skid which hopefully we can get out of this weekend.

Tsunami!!!!!!!!!

NHL 14

On 11/26/2021 at 3:30 AM, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted? I think we drafted a lot of good players that can definitely develop into superstars.

2. With Riga Reign getting re-branded recently, what are your thoughts on the current Aces Logo? I wouldn't make modifications to the logo, for me it's one of the best in the league due to its simplicity.

3. If your player was to have a graphic, which NHL player(s) would be the one(s) you would want to see used for your player? Nick Suzuki

4. It's been quite a while since Las Vegas last won the Founders Cup, have you ever had any lengthy sporting or sim league winless streaks where luck just wasn't on your side? When I was a kid, I was always on the worst team but once you learn that you can lose, there's nothing to stop you.

5. In your opinion, what is the best song that is played at hockey games? We Will Rock You

6. What would you consider to be your favorite hockey video game of all time? NHL 14

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 5

1. Las Vegas is 1st in the Western Conference! What has been a reason to our success?

2. Is our success temporary or will we be a competitive team all season?

3. Who has been the MVP of our team so far?

4. How has your player been performing?

5. How has your time in the VHLM been so far?

6. Is their any way that myself or AGM @MubbleFubbles can make your VHLM experience better?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT

1. Las Vegas is 1st in the Western Conference! What has been a reason to our success?

I think our success comes from defense, we don’t seem to let in many goals which allows our offense to do their work.

2. Is our success temporary or will we be a competitive team all season?

I think we’ll have success all year long. We have a really solid team so I don’t see us faltering. 

adeline belle donne has been a solid contributor all season so far.

I’d say pretty solid, more balanced than last season. Hoping to keep improving.

Loving every minute of it so far. Allows me to develop at my own pace.

6. Is their any way that myself or AGM @MubbleFubbles can make your VHLM

You guys are doing great.

3 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Las Vegas is 1st in the Western Conference! What has been a reason to our success?

6. Is their any way that myself or AGM @MubbleFubbles can make your VHLM experience better?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT

1. Our teams success stems from our strong defense. It is our strongest attribute as a team.

2. The Las Vegas Aces will be a competitive team all season. Our lineup is very well-rounded.

3. Alex TheGreat, has been great (No pun intended). He has been and continues to be a contributor day in and day out.

4. For my players first season, I feel he has been playing decent for the role he was given. Matt Rooster has been a strong depth player and has found a way to contribute doing the little things to get his team on the scoreboard while he himself doesn't exactly get on the scoresheet each night.

5. An absolute blast. My teammates and management have been very friendly and welcoming. I am very appreciate of getting a chance to play in this league!

6. As of right now, I think all of management have been doing a stellar job being resourceful and communicative.

1 I have to say The defeense has to be a strong factor in our succes

2 This team will be a contender for it all

3Alex TheGreat has been amazing as i thought he would.

4 Ben Svenska is doing probably as good as i thought he would

5 I have had an amazing time

6 Nothing that already isnt being done

I think it's a combination of things, great coaching, supportive management along with hard working players who improve every week. Plus we have some high end talent which doesn't hurt. 

From what I've seen our success is here to stay, we should continue to win majority of our games all season, probably around 75% when it's all said and done. 

Alex The Great has been incredible for us so far, while we have many talented players he's standing out. 

Real good, Galvins is about a point per game and is scoring at a good rate. I've really enjoyed my performance as well as the teams! 

Great! I've been enjoying being on the Aces and the team has been playing incredible! 

6. Is their any way that myself or AGM @MubbleFubbles can make your VHLM experience better?

You guys have both been great, very supportive and available to help me out whenever I've needed it, thanks so much. :)

6 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Everyone played there role and work hard. 

2. All season we have the roster to do so and we will be better each week. 

3. I feel like Price definitely steal some games. 

4. Okay but it’s just the start of my players career so I’m not that preoccupied by it. 

5. Pretty good 

6. I think you both do a good job. 

The team has meshed very well together and we got a good mix of veterans and rookies.

We will be able to be competitive all season, we just need to make sure we jump on any big free agents when they are available.

I believe that our MVP has been Alex The Great! He has done a great job this season.

My player has been performing very well but could do better!

Great! Its been a lot of fun.

6. Is their any way that myself or AGM @MubbleFubbles can make your VHLM experience better?

No

I think everyone is contributing in their own way and every player is making a great team effort.

If we continue to play like we did for the last 12 games, we definitely have a chance at the Founders Cup.

Our entire first line has been on fire since the start of the season, especially Alex The Great. He's has been amazing during the first 12 games.

He is performing pretty well for his first season, I think 0.5 points per game is not bad but I hope he can step up before the end of the season.

It has been good, I'm having a lot of fun!

No, you guys are doing a good job.

1. Las Vegas is 1st in the Western Conference! What has been a reason to our success? Just our great players being great. We have some of the highest scoring individuals in the league on our team and if they keep up their success the team will surely continue to do good as well. 

2. Is our success temporary or will we be a competitive team all season? As long as our top players continue to put in the work and keep trying to be the best they can every week I don't see any reason why we cant make a strong push for the cup this year. We have the talent to be competitive all year, its just about translating talent into production!

3. Who has been the MVP of our team so far? I'd have to say Alex, he's been racking up the assists left and right. Makes it really easy for me and everyone else to put the puck into the back of the goal. He makes the whole offense click. 

4. How has your player been performing? I'd like to think I'm performing at a high-level. I'm currently in the top 10 for points in the league, top-5 for goals scored in the league and I lead the league in Power Play goals. I'm the queen of the power play :P

5. How has your time in the VHLM been so far? I've really enjoyed it, I had a blast playing with the bulls last season. This season in Vegas has been an absolute beauty so far! We're tops in the league, I'm partying all the time cause it Vegas, and I'm playing the best hockey of my young career! What more could a girl want? 

6. Is their any way that myself or the AGM can make your VHLM experience better? I think you guys are doing just peachy! Keep up the good work, and lets go win a championship!!

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 12 

1. Another week ending with the Aces on top of the conference, do you think we can remain there until the end of the season?

2. Our nearest rivals Houston made a big trade this week, bringing in Juha Jarvinen to provide an upgrade at the goalie position. How do you think they will fare after that trade? 

3. We've had a number of very good wins this season, which was your favourite of them?

4. The next step after the VHLM for your player is the VHLE. If you have a VHLE team already, are you looking forward to the promotion to the VHLE? If you don't, what VHLE teams would you be most interested in joining?

5. Which attribute would you say is the first one you want to max out and why?

6. We'll play our first game against the pre-season favorites Ottawa Lynx in the next few days, how do you think we'll get on in that game?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

Edited by MubbleFubbles

1. Well I’d like to come in and have a good start with the team and the team stayin at the top would help alot

2. to be honest I’m not entirely sure I think they have the pieces to be good just like us

3. Just joined the team can’t comment on that.

4. Haven’t looked into that just trying to take this season game by game not lookin at any jumps to new leagues yet.

5. Speed or defence. I am a big guy so I’d like to get my skating to the top just to keep up with other guys. And I really want to up my game in our zone.

6. I think as long as the team plays like we should and I have a decent debut it’ll all go well.

14 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Another week ending with the Aces on top of the conference, do you think we can remain there until the end of the season?

2. Our nearest rivals Houston made a big trade this week, bringing in Juha Jarvinen to provide an upgrade at the goalie position. How do you think they will fare after that trade? 

3. We've had a number of very good wins this season, which was your favourite of them?

4. The next step after the VHLM for your player is the VHLE. If you have a VHLE team already, are you looking forward to the promotion to the VHLE? If you don't, what VHLE teams would you be most interested in joining?

6. We'll play our first game against the pre-season favorites Ottawa Lynx in the next few days, how do you think we'll get on in that game?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19

1. For sure. We just need to keep playing like we did. 

2. That’s a huge upgrade for them in net. But that’s don’t mean anything for us, we just need to focus on our games. 

3. I don’t have a favorite. Any games that end with 2 points in the standing for us, I like them. 

4. I don’t have any in particular, Rome would be nice it’s a nice city. 

5. Defense for sure, I want to be a menace in defense. 

6. We need to focus and execute the game plan and it will all be fine. 

On 12/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19

1. Yeah i think we can stay there if we continu to work at each game like we just did 

2. I think they made a good upgrade in net but that doesn't matter for us we need to stay focus on what we had to do and win more games

3.i would game 107 against the mexico kings i think i play very well with my first hat trick of the year.

4. I expect to be promote at the end of the year and tried to be the best player i can next seasons.

5. Skating i want to be the fastest so it will be harder to catch up with me and i want to be a good 2 way player so be able to go in offense and come back in defense.

6. They have a good team for sure but if we stay focus on our game and don't think about how good they are theres nothing to worry about. We are able to win against evry team in this league.

Aces_Bar.png

I definitely think we can, we've shown in the early season we can beat anyone and are a highly talented team, no reason why we can't keep this up. 

Jarvinen is a good player so they will probably be improved but goalie is just one player, I don't think it will make a gigantic difference. 

My favorite is probably my first 2 goal game, that was exciting for me personally and a strong win for the team also. 

I have no idea how the VHLE works, so at this point I'd be interested in joining all teams, but I'd like to stay with the Aces for another season if that's allowed. 

for me definitely scoring will be maxed out because im a goal scorer

I think we will win because we are the Las Vegas Aces and we are awesome. 

On 12/5/2021 at 3:24 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. For sure, just have to keep playing hard

2. I think it will help them indeed but they won't win it all

3. The one I scored my first goal back on

4. I am not thinking about VHLE, focused on winning the VHLM first

5. Defending, the key to all defensemen

6. It will be hard but we have the chance to win for sure

Aces_Bar.png

1. I truly believe so, this is a strong team with some serious depth.

2. Juha is a great goalie and he will be a big asset to Houston and they will only make them better. 

3. Game 99 against Halifax showed the VHLM how dangerous we can be at our best. Hopefully we can have more games like that.

4. The Rome Gladiators branding and culture makes it seem like a great place to play.

5. Either scoring or faceoffs. being a center I want to try to be the best possible at faceoffs to provide for the team and give our boys a chance to make a play with the puck.

6. It's going to be a battle, no question. I think the game is going to need extra time, but we will come out victorious.

Hell Yeah! We got a great team here in Vegas!

They got nothing on our goalies! Best goalies in the league are in Vegas!

All of them! WINS WINS WINS

I am super excited to join Geneva next Season! I really love the VHLM but am ready to move on.

Rebound Control: Cause better rebound control=less rebounds that can be left right in front of the net.

I think it will be competitive and will allow our GM team to learn more about the weaknesses in our team.

Aces_Bar.png

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @your door @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @Digimanz @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

It'll definitely be tough, but we've got to do whatever it takes to protect that crown!

Houston is already a pretty scary team so the addition of Jarvinen is only going to make them stronger. Still, any team can be beaten and we can definitely exploit those gaps them when we go against them next.

Since I'm rather new to the team, I've only been a part of four games, but I got to say my favourite win so far with this team was against Halifax, of course. It feels great to beat the team you were a part of.

I'm not too knowledgable on the VHLE teams, but I think if I were to choose a team to join today, it would be Oslo. Of course, Istanbul is the top dog in the league, but joining a team closer to the bottom who is missing a few defensemen would be a good fit for me. It'll give me some playing time, experience, and I can see how much impact I can have in the league.

It's going to be defence. Bobby Rockwell is a defense-oriented player and that's the main goal.

Ottawa is a tough team, but I think we have the players to defeat them. Though honestly, I'd be happy with a tight game.

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 19 

1. Theme Week is upon us this week, which allows you to double a Media/GFX/Podcast if it fits the theme selected by the league

i) If you're submitting answers for this before the theme is revealed - What theme would you like the league to use for theme week?

ii) If you're submitting answers for this after the theme has been revealed - What do you think of the theme the league chose?

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

3. As for Vegas, we're currently tied on points for first place in our conference, which player do you think has been the MVP for the Aces this season?

4. Who would you say your favourite member or player outside of the Aces is and why?

5. What would you say is the best thing about being a member of the Las Vegas Aces?

6. They aren't doing this, but if the league were to offer you one of the Player Store items for free this Christmas, which one would you want? 

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

3 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 19 

1. Theme Week is upon us this week, which allows you to double a Media/GFX/Podcast if it fits the theme selected by the league

i) If you're submitting answers for this before the theme is revealed - What theme would you like the league to use for theme week?

ii) If you're submitting answers for this after the theme has been revealed - What do you think of the theme the league chose?

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

3. As for Vegas, we're currently tied on points for first place in our conference, which player do you think has been the MVP for the Aces this season?

4. Who would you say your favourite member or player outside of the Aces is and why?

5. What would you say is the best thing about being a member of the Las Vegas Aces?

6. They aren't doing this, but if the league were to offer you one of the Player Store items for free this Christmas, which one would you want? 

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

In keeping with your TPE speedrunning shenanigans. I'm just going to go ahead and respond to the wrong team's presser.

i) Obviously Clue, the board game.

ii) Since it obviously won't be Clue, the board game. I will predict a hard no on this one.

2. The Clue one, for sure.

3. Not Clue, surprisingly. But I mean come on Alex is giving the rest of the league nightmares.

4. The Board Game Clue on Skates, obviously.

5. I'm not. But I am in the LR, and the best thing about the locker room is #TeamClue. But a close second is yelling at bots.

6. Clue Glue™ which also isn't in the store, which makes it a very fitting answer imho.