Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

On 2/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

zSH08aB.png.b6da194f714162dfbc22e1a4cca814c3.png

:veg: Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

22/2 - 28/2

Answer these questions for 2 Capped TPE

1) We've made the playoffs! Our first opponent will be none other than Mexico. How pumped are you for the playoffs?

2) We'll be riding our momentum into the postseason after a strong finish. How do you feel coming into the playoffs?

3) What other current playoff match-ups interest you? It can be both VHL and VHLM.

4) What kind of tea do you like? (Green tea, earl grey, etc.)

5) @Syzygyfinished this season 6th in the league in points with an outstanding 54 goal season. @Bouncyelf also quietly made his way to 7th in points among defenseman. Finally @aksuko finished the season 4th in SV% and 9th in GAA, and has become one of this season's better starters. What do you think about these guy's accomplishments this season? How will the translate into the playoffs?

6) Looking ahead, it looks like there's going to be a lot of work to do with LVA come next season. We have a lot more waiver players who are draft eligible compared to previous seasons and a few of our current star players will probably move up as well. So with that in mind, is this season truly our do or die moment?

1. Well, disappointed that we're out but I'm glad that we kept them close

2. Mexico was a strong team and I thought we played solid. No regrets

3. Really any second round series is gonna be good. Lots of good teams

4. I don't love tea. Hot chocolate is my jam

5. Shevkov and Lund were great, they really buckled down for us to get to the playoffs. Maronen is the backbone of our team, no doubt.

6. Unfortunately, it looks like Vegas is in for a bit of a down season. Good luck to y'all, it'll be fun playing with and against you in the big leagues!

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

1/3 - 7/3

1) Welp... We got swept, and the guys who swept us is now heading to the finals. How do you feel about our playoff performance?

2) Who do you think will win in the finals??

3) Looking ahead in the draft, we don't have a 1st round pick. Do you think that this will be a big detriment to the team? Is it necessary to have a first rounder??

4) With a select few moving up, and another good chunk being draft eligible, is this truly the end for our cup window?

5) What position do you think we should prioritize in the draft?

6) What's you ideal breakfast??

On 3/2/2021 at 1:33 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

1/3 - 7/3

1) Welp... We got swept, and the guys who swept us is now heading to the finals. How do you feel about our playoff performance?

2) Who do you think will win in the finals??

3) Looking ahead in the draft, we don't have a 1st round pick. Do you think that this will be a big detriment to the team? Is it necessary to have a first rounder??

4) With a select few moving up, and another good chunk being draft eligible, is this truly the end for our cup window?

5) What position do you think we should prioritize in the draft?

6) What's you ideal breakfast??

1. Shit. Absolute shit.

2. Don't know who's in the M finals so Warsaw for the biggies.

3. No, you have me.

4. Once again, no. You have me.

5. *nervous laughter* Defense...?

6. Corned Beef Hash, Hashbrowns, Toast, & Milk.

8/3 - 14/3

1) It's official, @Spartan has now become Moscow's new GM! With regards to his great tenure here in Vegas, how do you feel about his departure?

2) Are you excited with the idea of a new GM taking the reigns of Vegas?

3) With draft day coming soon for both the VHL and VHLM, how do you feel about the drafts? Also for those who are eligble, are you excited??

4) How did you feel about this past season in general? Are there any issues with how things went management wise?

5) Is there any position specifically that we should prioritize in the upcoming draft?

6) Should we still bonk Spartan for trading picks?

15/3 - 21/3

1) It's official, your old AGM over here has now become the GM of Las Vegas? Do you like the changes as of now? If not, do you have any suggestions as to how I can make things better? Be honest as I'm trying to give players the best LR possible so that everyone can just enjoy themselves.

2) The VHLM draft is also over! How do you think we did in this season's draft? Did I trade too many picks?

3) There's been one thing I've been wanting to implement into LVA and that is end of season team awards. What do you think about this concept? What awards should there be?

4) As of now, the team isn't truly in the best of conditions right now. However, do you still feel like we'll be able to make the playoffs this season?

5) What are your super early point predictions for your player?

6) Fries or Chips?

3 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

15/3 - 21/3

1) It's official, your old AGM over here has now become the GM of Las Vegas? Do you like the changes as of now? If not, do you have any suggestions as to how I can make things better? Be honest as I'm trying to give players the best LR possible so that everyone can just enjoy themselves.

2) The VHLM draft is also over! How do you think we did in this season's draft? Did I trade too many picks?

3) There's been one thing I've been wanting to implement into LVA and that is end of season team awards. What do you think about this concept? What awards should there be?

4) As of now, the team isn't truly in the best of conditions right now. However, do you still feel like we'll be able to make the playoffs this season?

6) Fries or Chips?

1. I don't know you, but you seem like a good GM, and I trust you can lead us to victory.

2. I am on this team, which means it is now the best team. Also I think the other people are good as well.

3. Yes do it. Awards: Some type of community service award. Offensive award, defensive award for best player at each. 

4. If we all do really good and get a stroke of luck sure.

5. Maybe around 20? I don't know if that is good or not because I am new to hockey. Not really sure but I'll predict that.

6. Actually changing this to chips because I eat lots of different types of chips and also dip them and salsa and stuff.

Edited by Hank

As I'm new to the team the "changes" are obviously less felt, but you seem to be cultivating a good LR atmosphere thus far. I also like the build of the team. 

The team is loaded up and ready for a fun run this season, so from that perspective you did great. Also one can never trade too  many draft picks. 

Sure, I see a few other teams both M and bigs doing this to great effect. It makes sense with the player pool being what it is to get some acknowledgement across the board for the unsung players who may get unnoticed season to season. 

Maybe. We have enough for a push, but we are probably one of those fringe teams. I think it could be interesting to see where wee sit as we get a little deeper into the season to see if making a big splash to secure a playoff spot is the right move. I'm confident we'll have a fun season regardless though. 

To not suck hopefully. At this point that's all I can ask for from Simon. 

6) Fries or Chips?

Fries? Or like; do you mean chips as in fries in the UK? Oh no....I'll retract my answer and instead say baked potato. 

1) I'm definitely a big fan of the new changes.

2) Well, you did pick me, so I think you did pretty well in the draft! 

3) I'd be down for that. Maybe top scorer, best defenseman (doesn't necessarily have to mean most goals/points),         most improved player, etc.

4) Fuck it, why not? Let's get that bag!

5) Officially? maybe 25-30 points. With imaginary third assists? 1000

6) Depends. Are we talking normal fries or, like Cajun fries? Are we talking basic Lays chips or are we talking ketchup chips? If I have to choose, Cajun fries all day long.

On 3/15/2021 at 1:04 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

15/3 - 21/3

6) Fries or Chips?

1. I love them. You were born for this. Don't change a thing.

2. Let's just say, you've been bonked

3. I love this idea, we did this when I firsf joined the league.

4. Yeah, just keep your damn picks.

5. hoping for 50 pts with 30G and 20A.

6. fries duh, who says chips.

Edited by Wolverine

zSH08aB.png.b6da194f714162dfbc22e1a4cca8

:veg:Press Confrence 22/3 - 28/23 :veg:

Answer 6 of any of these questions for 2 Capped TPE

1. What are your goals for the season?
  2. Are you excited with having a new Assistant GM?
  3. What are some things we could implement to make the locker room more fun?
  4.  What are your predictions for the minor league season?
  5. Do you pay attention to pre-season?
  6.  If you could implement a new off-season tournement what would it be?
  7. Where would you like to go on vacation?
  8.  Who would you say our best player is?
  9. Any pre-game rituals?
  10. What real life team would you consider ourselves too?
  11. Who has the worst music taste in the locker room?
  12. What is your post game meal?
  13. Are you a adventurous person or do you take it more safe?
  14. Finally Reply with a gif to this gif.
    tumblr_puvbzcgZe61yr4cjyo1_400.gifv

1. Get Gud

4. I think we'll do pretty well, above average but not the best team in the M.

7. Toronto, not for the Leafs, but for the HHOF.

8. That'd have to go to McDagger, dude has 6 points in 3 games. Hard to argue against that.

11. That'd be me. I don't know how everyone else would feel about my mix of anime osts and metal music.

13. Takin it safe is the safest say to go my friend.

2 hours ago, Emi said:

9. Any pre-game rituals?

1. For my player to score tons of goals.

2. Yes because you are chill just like our GM.

3. Nothing it's already the most fun and chill LR.

4. We will make the playoffs and get past the first round.

5. Not really, don't think I did.

6. For teams to be formed of new players with 125 tpe or less.

7. Realistically, I don't want to leave America, but if I would I want to go to Italy and Poland and Japan.

8. I honestly don't know that much about our team.

9. To eat lots of food and then drink energy drinks.

10. I don't watch hockey so I have no clue.

11. I don't really know about people in our LR's music choices.

12. Zebra cakes.

13. I would consider myself to be in between the two.

14. Can't on my phone.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, Emi said:

9. Any pre-game rituals?

1. My goals are to lead the team to glory.

2. Very! Nice to see new faces in the front office.

3. I think we have everything we need. So many fun channels.

7. Disney World. Always loved the feel of the parks.

9. I always watch an episode of Rick and Morty to prepare myself. 

14. Niecy Nash What GIF by IMDb

Lead the league in PP goals, maybe win a defender award. Make the playoffs of course. 
    Sure, always good to see people take the learning opportunity to begin rising through those GM ranks. 
  3. Where would you like to go on vacation?
    Yukon, or somewhere else cold and desolate. 
  4.  Who would you say our best player is?
    ME! But no really; I think it's Darly McDagg despite the fact that New Player is a bit better. The top forward position feels more important to me. 
  5. What is your post game meal?
    Chicken parm sandwhich on toasted rye. 
  6. Finally Reply with a gif to this gif.
    A gif? Me? Never! .... 

giphy.gif

Sorry for the late press conference I've been rather ill this week and only just starting to recover.

1. Who in the locker room has the worst breathe?

2. What's more important to you team achievement or Individual Accolades?

3. When Hydrating during a game do you just drink water or do you have an electrolyte drink? 

4. What does your player number mean to you!

5. Who would you say your players role model is (VHLer or IRL player)?

6. What's one thing about your player most people don't know about?

7. What brands do you use for your player?

8. Any post-game rituals?

9. Who's the most superstitious in the locker room?

10. Do you think the statement "Defence wins championships" is accurate? Please explain why?

11. Who's your favourite person to hang out with during a road game?

12. You've been given control of a newly formed expansion team. Where do you put it and why?

Edited by Emi

1. What's more important to you team achievement or Individual Accolades?

Team success, but for this player Sven specifically is going to be looking to get individual accolades as well. It's tough to really value one more than the other in an era where it's a lot easier to find team success and striving for it often goes hand in hand with individual award wins. 

2. What's one thing about your player most people don't know about?

That he refuses to add into the passing stat, and asserts that any/all assists are a result of either rebounds from attempted shots, intentional deflection passes, or "slap passes". 

3. What brands do you use for your player?

Burn down all the brands! 

4. Who's the most superstitious in the locker room?

Our GM without a doubt, has like thirty pre game rituals as signs of why we won. But we keep winning so, who can complain. 

5. Do you think the statement "Defence wins championships" is accurate? Please explain why?

Maybe? Depends on the league and the context. Historically in the VHL/VHLM offense and goaltending has more impact than defense, but defense is a hard thing to actually guage in STHS. But even then, it's rare that your Cup winning team lead the league in shots blocked for example. So much of "good hockey" in sim engine is about puck possession/shot generation so the teams that do that most generally win. However you could argue posessing the puck is also good defense, so...does it win championships? :S 

6. You've been given control of a newly formed expansion team. Where do you put it and why?

Honestly at this point because we've expanded everywhere else I'd probably give @BOOMand the other Aussie centric folks some love and put a team somewhere in either Australia or New Zealand. Sydney would be a good notable city to put a hockey club in. As for the why, I feel like we've mined a lot of Europe and NA now. It'd be nice to get a little more out there for league representation. 

1. What's more important to you team achievement or Individual Accolades?

I value them both the same. I would like to have individual success, but not at the expense of team success.

2. When Hydrating during a game do you just drink water or do you have an electrolyte drink? 

I almost always have water, because when it is a bottle filled with ice it is very refreshing and can keep me going on the ice.

3. What's one thing about your player most people don't know about?

That he owns 7 dogs and 3 snakes and a lizard.

4. What brands do you use for your player?

Zarek uses the brands that the team can provide for him.

5. Any post-game rituals?

My post-game ritual would have to be chilling and playing video games.

6. You've been given control of a newly formed expansion team. Where do you put it and why?

Luxembourg. I don't really know why, I just think it would be cool and funny to have a team located in Luxembourg, Luxembourg.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, Emi said:

Sorry for the late press conference I've been rather ill this week and only just starting to recover.

1. Who in the locker room has the worst breathe?

2. What's more important to you team achievement or Individual Accolades?

3. When Hydrating during a game do you just drink water or do you have an electrolyte drink? 

4. What does your player number mean to you!

5. Who would you say your players role model is (VHLer or IRL player)?

6. What's one thing about your player most people don't know about?

7. What brands do you use for your player?

8. Any post-game rituals?

9. Who's the most superstitious in the locker room?

10. Do you think the statement "Defence wins championships" is accurate? Please explain why?

11. Who's your favourite person to hang out with during a road game?

12. You've been given control of a newly formed expansion team. Where do you put it and why?

2. I think team achievement is more important tbh. You can have all the personal achievements you want as a player, but the ultimate goal in the end is to win a cup.

3. A mix of both. The sweetness/flavour of electrolyte drinks are things I kinda don't like sometimes so water is always good to have.

6. My boi Jiggly Gumballs is a movie star.

9. Myself in all honesty. To the point where I offer blood sacrifices.

10. Well so far this has been what Las Vegas has been doing this entire time. Our strong defensive core is the reason why we are winning games. Hopefully that can translate into something come the playoffs.

12. Hmmm. Atlanta. The reason why is because I wanna see a hockey team succeed there. That or see it get moved to a Canadian market.

Press Confrence Questions!

1. What does your player number mean to you?
  2. What do you think an overlooked aspect of game is?
  3. What would you consider your biggest stregnth?
  4. Who do you look up to in the VHL?
  5. If we had a VHL like EA sports game who would be the cover athlete?
  6. What do you do to unwind after a game?
  7. Where is the favourite place you've been?
  8. What is your favourite animal?
  9. Who is your hero irl?
  10. What sets you apart from your peers?
  11. It's midnight and you're being arrested for something... what is the crime you've committed and who is your first call?
  12. What would your alternative sport profession be?
  13. Are you in any other sim leagues?

On 4/8/2021 at 12:53 AM, Emi said:

9. Who is your hero irl?
  11. It's midnight and you're being arrested for something... what is the crime you've committed and who is your first call?

1. It means a lot to me, I mean. Where to even start. I guess from  the beginning, huh? So one day I used a random number generator...

6. You ever just lay down and melt into your pillows? That.

7. Boston was really nice, shame I got stuck in a FUCKING BLIZZARD WHILE I WAS VISITING.

8. Probably a sloth. They're pretty chill.

11. Probably reckless driving. I tend to get pretty loopy when I'm tired. Probably call a Domino's Pizza.

13. No.

1. What would you consider your biggest strength?
    Shot generation is probably Svens biggest strength as a player. 
  2. Who do you look up to in the VHL?
    Tyler Walker, defender on Davos. On top of being repped by a great member, he's also an underrated player in the league. 
  3. If we had a VHL like EA sports game who would be the cover athlete?
    As much as people would probably say Campbell, given the staying power of the VHL I'd have to say you give this nod to O'Malley Cat. (Thomas O'Malley, for those that are unfamiliar.) 
  4. What do you do to unwind after a game?
    Weed, it's always weed. 
  5. It's midnight and you're being arrested for something... what is the crime you've committed and who is your first call?
    Smoking weed in a country/state that doesn't allow it. Then I'd probably just call up a newspaper to rant about how antiquated their laws were and otherwise dutifully serve my time in silent protest. 
  6. What would your alternative sport profession be?
    Golf. Crazy slap shot, crazy drive. 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:53 AM, Emi said:

9. Who is your hero irl?

1. What would you consider your biggest stregnth?

My assists because apparently I get a lot for some reason.

2. What is your favourite animal?

Snakes. They are cool and fun to pet.

3. Who is your hero irl?

In sports probably Vince Lombardi. He is the greatest NFL coach of all time, and he coached my favorite team. Also a great person and a legend.

4. What sets you apart from your peers?

I am loud, talkative, and I always like to get my point across.

5. What would your alternative sport profession be?

Football because it has hitting like in hockey.

6. Are you in any other sim leagues?

The EFL. I am an athletic director there.

New Presser! Sorry for the delay. Been a busy week!

1. Who is your favorite sporting hero?

2.What qualities make a teammate a good team captain?

3.What is the one thing you always do after a good performance?

4.What is your favorite mantra?

5. Do you think attitude is a factor in winning?

6.What one word describes you?

1. Who is your favorite sporting hero?

Fellow countrymen Teemu Selanne.

2.What qualities make a teammate a good team captain?

Vocal, uplifting, helps coach teammates on times of need. 

3.What is the one thing you always do after a good performance?

Find some live music to unwind.

4.What is your favorite mantra?

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

5. Do you think attitude is a factor in winning?

In life? Sure, self acceptance is a big part of a lot of successful journey's. But here winning is a game of simon says. 

6.What one word describes you?

Loyal.