Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

1. Theme Week is upon us this week, which allows you to double a Media/GFX/Podcast if it fits the theme selected by the league

i) If you're submitting answers for this before the theme is revealed - What theme would you like the league to use for theme week?

Well given it's hell week in school right now, anything hell themed for me but holiday themes can work too.

ii) If you're submitting answers for this after the theme has been revealed - What do you think of the theme the league chose?

I'm no sure, hope it's good.

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

I have not seen what is up for auction so I cannot comment.

3. As for Vegas, we're currently tied on points for first place in our conference, which player do you think has been the MVP for the Aces this season?

Gotta say Alex the Great, he's been our top scorer all year.

4. Who would you say your favourite member or player outside of the Aces is and why?

I have friends on the reapers, so probable Dylan Powers

5. What would you say is the best thing about being a member of the Las Vegas Aces?

Winning for sure, and taking chances on our lower rated players.

6. They aren't doing this, but if the league were to offer you one of the Player Store items for free this Christmas, which one would you want?

Something that doubles my TPE

6 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 19 

(Answer all 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Theme Week is upon us this week, which allows you to double a Media/GFX/Podcast if it fits the theme selected by the league

i) If you're submitting answers for this before the theme is revealed - What theme would you like the league to use for theme week?

ii) If you're submitting answers for this after the theme has been revealed - What do you think of the theme the league chose?

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

3. As for Vegas, we're currently tied on points for first place in our conference, which player do you think has been the MVP for the Aces this season?

4. Who would you say your favourite member or player outside of the Aces is and why?

5. What would you say is the best thing about being a member of the Las Vegas Aces?

6. They aren't doing this, but if the league were to offer you one of the Player Store items for free this Christmas, which one would you want? 

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

Since I have already written a media spot that I will be claiming from for the next two weeks, it would be nice to be able to use it for double TPE. If it doesn't it would be nice to make the theme around Christmas. 

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

I'm probably most interested in getting a graphic done for myself since I'm rather new to the forum and don't really have anything that differentiates myself from others. That and the fact that I don't have any skill with Photoshop and other programs like that.

It's a tight race between Alex and Twist, but it's Patric Twist in my books. Putting up the second most points on the team and being a solid defenseman is a big plus to me.

The recently traded Nagy AL is just such a character and I got the chance to play with him in Halifax. He got moved to Philly and while they aren't a powerhouse or anything, seeing him on the top defensive paring is nice.

It's gotta be the shenanigans that go on in the locker room. I don't speak much in there, but it's fun to see what goes on every minute of the day in there.

I would like another First Gen Doubles since I've got two weeks worth of capped TPE sitting in the waiting and I could definitely use another Doubles so I can gain some more TPE faster.

18 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 19 

2. The Christmas Charity Auction Drive is live this week, which of these do you think is the most interesting items up for auction?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @bobinettus @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

1. something about chrismas I guess

2. naming a cow is quite nice

3. Alex for sure he is dominating the league in points, price between the pipes also. 

4. Bo, because he is always in the aces discord

5. everyone is welcoming and we know how to win. 

6. Free week 

Honestly not sure! Got to be holiday themed tho or something.

Honestly haven't looked yet.

I honestly do not know they are all super interesting and at the end of the day go to charity.

I honestly do not know! The whole team has played so well together that its hard to truly see who our MVP is. Alex the Great tho is great if i had to say who the team MVP is.

HMMM though question I would say my favorite member has got to be my former gm Dom, who is now with Malmo.

The locker room is the best! Always active.

HMMMM ALL OF THEM?

I don't know if it's been announced yet or not, but something to do with the holiday season, winter and gift giving would be cool. 

Definitely the draft tracker tpe visualizer by mubblefubbles! Sounds awesome! 

I think we have a lot of great players, but I'd have to say at this point Alex The Great is probably our MVP, he has been dominant since game 1. 

I don't know anyone outside of the Aces yet, so I can't say, but as of now BOTH my GM's are my favourite members! 

For me it's the help I've gotten from my general managers, being new to the league they are the reason I've been able to figure out what to do each week and also are the reason why my player is doing well and I'm on a great team. 

I'd probably say another doubles week! 

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending December 26th 

1. If you got a Christmas present of getting an automatic upgrade of one of your VHL attributes to 99, which one would you want and why?

2. We're almost in the final quarter of the regular season now, what are your thoughts on how the Aces have done as a whole this season?

3. What are your thoughts on your players performance this season?

4. Name a player on the Aces who maybe doesn't get much attention on the forums but who you think does a lot of good work for the team, either in TPE earning or performance in the sim.

5. If you were to make a player in the VHL with a Christmas-themed name, what would you call them?

6. Since this press conference is (depending on when you do it), either the last one before Christmas or the first one after it:

i) (If you're answering these before Christmas) - What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

ii) (If you're answering these after Christmas) - What did you get for Christmas?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

2 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. If you got a Christmas present of getting an automatic upgrade of one of your VHL attributes to 99, which one would you want and why?

2. We're almost in the final quarter of the regular season now, what are your thoughts on how the Aces have done as a whole this season?

4. Name a player on the Aces who maybe doesn't get much attention on the forums but who you think does a lot of good work for the team, either in TPE earning or performance in the sim.

5. If you were to make a player in the VHL with a Christmas-themed name, what would you call them?

6. Since this press conference is (depending on when you do it), either the last one before Christmas or the first one after it:

i) (If you're answering these before Christmas) - What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

ii) (If you're answering these after Christmas) - What did you get for Christmas?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @Patty @PuckyMcStick @dylanjj37 @Cruze @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi

K, so I snuck into your presser for the memes again.

1. Clue, 100% But since that's been banned for being too powerful. I'd go with Defense, obviously.

2. Way too good, please give Miami some points.

3. I mean it started off really slow, then he added Clue Glue™ and elevated his game. So now he's somehow 2nd in points as a purely defensive defenseman. So that's vaguely depressing.

4. Not Alex, because everyone knows Alex is nightmare fuel. So let's go with Juan Ceson since he makes sure no one works too hard in the LR. Gotta save the energy for the games!

5. 5. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer On Skates, obviously.

i) We don't really do gifts anymore, just give to our respective charities instead. Since the people who get it needs it more than us. So my gift to all of you is the charity auction @Doomsday scouting report on @MubbleFubbles's player.

1 hour ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1 I’m gonna have to go with either speed or scoring. I wanna be a fast player in this league and I’d also really like to up my points

2 well joining the team late like I did, I had some high expectations and this team has really surpassed them.

3 well I’m not putting the puck in the net as much as I’d like to but I can put that off as me being a rookie. I’m playing solid D so I’m happy

4 me. But seriously both of our goalies are unreal we wouldn’t be in this situation without them.

5 I’m not really sure.. maybe Yukon Cornelius

6 honestly I need some new headlights for my car 

13 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

I'd upgrade defense to 99 immediately. Gotta be as solid as possible on the blue line to bring home the win!

The team is looking mighty! We beat Mississauga twice in a row now and they've been a nagging pain in our sides so I feel like we aren't going to be losing to anyone now!

It's the first season for Bobby Rockwell and I didn't get off to a great start, I'm happy to have put up a handful of points! It's only looking up from here!

I'm pretty new to the forums so I'm not really sure how active they are, but Girts is up to 146 TPE and averaging 10.4 TPE per week so that's pretty mad. The nearly point per game is also amazing!

'Hole'y Night (in reference to Silent Night) and they'd be a goalie. An absolute sieve in the net and would be better if you put a pylon in net. Unless that pylon is Dion Phaneuf in which case they'd be equal. Maybe if you put in Double Dion the net might be a little safer.

There's nothing I'm really wanting for Christmas tbh. Though I have finished my Christmas shopping pretty early since I wanted to get it over with asap so I guess my wish for Christmas was to get the shopping done quick and it came true.

21 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. I will take a road that I feel like nobody is going to take and say leadership, because I want to earn my tpe work for it and leadership doesn't change how the player sims that much. 

2. Pretty good everyone is better after each game. 

3. pretty good I'm almost a point per game and with a +/- of 30 so that's good. 

4. I have to say price he is just incredible between the pipe for us this season.

5. Jack Frost, John Frost frost something.

6. food I like food or an hockey jersey. 

I would upgrade my defense to 99, because defense wins games.

We've been solid all season long, maybe we've dropped some games we shouldn't have but we're still high up in the standings

I would say I've performed well, I've been a plus player all year long. I'm definitely improving statistically, not as fast as I'd like but we'll get there.

I would say likely Mollieraf Kendcruz,, he's solid on defense and has the +/- to show for it.

I would name my VHL Christmas themed player Santi Claus.

I wasn't hoping for anything if I'm being honest.

It would have to be rebound control the better controlled rebounds are or the smaller the rebounds equal the smaller amount of goals going in.

It is exactly what I expected. A good team with a huge upside.

He is doing pretty well and hopefully can get a massive boost in stats at the end of the season.

Girts is doing a great job in SIM.

Honestly no idea I would have to go with Santa Clause.

A new paint job for my goalie mask irl.

On 12/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. The correct choice is leadership. Who would not want to be the ultimate leader for free? The second best choice is for sure Fighting. You cannot be a good leader without being a good fighter. I mean, I'll naturally get the important stats to 99 on their own so why waste the super auto boost on those stats that already have upgrades? You're wasting precious TPE points!

2. No clue, just got here. Here's to a championship with my "good luck" boost!

3. Haven't done anything yet, so very good? 😎

4. Got to be the MVP of the club. You know who you are.

5. He Ho

i) (If you're answering these before Christmas) - What are you hoping to get for Christmas? A Merry Christmas. No shoveling snow pls

Scoring to 99 would be a great automatic update for christmas. As a goal scorer I would benefit from that greatly and would be able to help my team win even more games! 

I'm very impressed with how the Aces have done this season, we have been in first place and if not in first then only a few points behind all season. Everyone is playing well and it's been fun. 

I'm kind of shocked tbh, I didn't think my player would do this well, but I'm over a point per game now and have nearly 30 goals which is pretty awesome. I've absolutely loved being on the Aces and my player has done great so it's very cool. 

my linemate this season CDS Leb has been doing great in the sim, as have a lot of other players, the whole team really

Grinch Galvins

Just want to spend some time with the family and for everyone to be healthy. I'll probably get some socks. 

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 2nd

1. First and foremost, welcome back from the Christmas break! Did you have a good Christmas?

2. Alex TheGreat has had a tremendous season for us thus far, with only two players in the VHLM being within 20 points of his 114 points scored to date. How do you rate his award chances heading into the final stretch of the season?

3. Thomas Price has also been one of the best goalies in the league this season, sitting second in the league in save percentage and GAA. How much confidence does it give you heading into a game knowing that we have a goalie like Price between the sticks?

4. We've recently had to release a couple of players for reasons beyond our control, but if you could name one VHLM player you would have loved to replace them, which would it have been?

5. What is your VHL New Years resolution?

6. What is your real New Years resolution?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23 @Kendrick

Edited by MubbleFubbles

1. First and foremost, welcome back from the Christmas break! Did you have a good Christmas?

My Christmas was good despite having been on COVID protocol. I’m now fully recovered and ready to keep contributing to the team’s success.

2. Alex TheGreat has had a tremendous season for us thus far, with only two players in the VHLM being within 20 points of his 114 points scored to date. How do you rate his award chances heading into the final stretch of the season?

I would say his chances are quite high, putting up numbers like that is certainly quite impressive.

3. Thomas Price has also been one of the best goalies in the league this season, sitting second in the league in save percentage and GAA. How much confidence does it give you heading into a game knowing that we have a goalie like Price between the sticks?

I always have the utmost confidence in my goaltender. I know if we do our part he’ll give us a chance to win every game.

4. We've recently had to release a couple of players for reasons beyond our control, but if you could name one VHLM player you would have loved to replace them, which would it have been?

I’m not entirely sure I think our team is quite solid, but new additions would always be welcome, I’m sure there a some good free agents out there.

My New Years resolution is to consistently improve over the course of the season in hopes of making the jump to the E next season.

I want to start eating more cleanly again and hitting the gym with better consistency.

1 minute ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. First and foremost, welcome back from the Christmas break! Did you have a good Christmas?

2. Alex TheGreat has had a tremendous season for us thus far, with only two players in the VHLM being within 20 points of his 114 points scored to date. How do you rate his award chances heading into the final stretch of the season?

3. Thomas Price has also been one of the best goalies in the league this season, sitting second in the league in save percentage and GAA. How much confidence does it give you heading into a game knowing that we have a goalie like Price between the sticks?

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23

1.Christmas break actually sucked I was sick through the whole thing

2. Well I hope he cleans up and wins everything possible 

3. without him we would not be in this situation so I’m very glad to have one of the top goalies in the league.

4. I’ll be honest I’m not familiar with many other guys around the league

5. that’s actually a really good question. I kinda want to be more active so we’ll go with that.

6. Quit my bad habits… don’t feel like exposing my self lol

18 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23

As is tradition at this point. I'm hiding in your presser again.

1. Stomach bug followed by logging on to find out about the Kachur situation and my whole VHL life being a lie as everyone I know is a multi. So not one of the top 5 Christmases of all time, no.

2. As hilarious as it would be if he somehow didn't get any. I'm guessing it will just be all the awards. Probably best defenseman too, just cause.

3. No idea what that feels like, next question!

4. The Board Game Clue on Skates!

5. Get some kind of GM/AGM gig, would probably be it.

6. Working on refreshing my math skills and go back and get a degree at University. So fully going through with that, I guess?

I did have a great Christmas!

Massive awards Chance! Man has been killing it.

I am super confident in between the pipes. I feel I have played so well and am super confident about this group going into this last part of the season.

Not sure tbh here! A lot of great guys leave but then we add some good players too.

Its to get a AGM/GM job and to be more active come the new year. I have been less active during the holiday month and want to pick it up.

I got so many but one is to becoming the starting goalie on my college hockey team.

14 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

Christmas was great! Got time to relax and spend time with family and friends!

Alex is a legend and has to be a front runner for many awards. No matter if they win or lose them, they'll be MVP in my heart!

It definitely makes my life a lot easier knowing Price is in the net. As someone who's looking to prevent as many goals as possible, I know he's got my back every game!

Nagy AL's a teammate I had during my tenure in Halifax and is a fantastic guy and an even better player! He contributes in both ends and is a fun guy to have in the locker room!

VHL New Years resolution will be to continue making media spots for that delicious weekly TPE! Gotta make Bobby Rockwell the greatest defenseman in the league!

I haven't really thought of one, but the first thing that comes to mind is to rest a lot more. I've been getting next to no hours of sleep this whole year and it's an issue that's been plaguing me for quite some time due to the amount of work I put on myself on a weekly basis. I'd like to get more than five hours of sleep every week in 2022.

Thanks, yes had a good christmas break, saw some family in Latvia and got new skates! 

He has been awesome, I think he has a great chance to win some awards this season. He's the MVP in my opinion and it's been an honour to get to play on his line the last week or so, my points have gone way up thanks to him! 

Price is the man, when he's in net we can beat anyone in the league. I have 100% confidence in him and love playing in front of him, he will be a beast in the post season for us. 

I don't know that many players outside of our team unfortunately, but I trust our incredible gm's have made the best decisions on players

To reach 99 scoring

to exercise more I guesss

On 12/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

@Alex Thegreat @Julien_Bernier @Dtayl @Budnik @CDS_Leb @Girts @Speedster69 @hcrooster96 @Max77 @BenTheViking64 @Patty @PuckyMcStick   @Da Trifecta @Thunderidge @ClarkClanT @The_happy_apple2 @Zyrok @jacobaa19 @Kairi @Rhynex Entertainment @Crstats23 @Kendrick

1. Yes I had a great Christmas hope you all did as well

2. pretty good chance at a few awards, granted I don’t remember how many awards are in the M

3. it gives me a lot of confidence having a great goalie 

4. no idea honestly wouldn’t change the team as it is currently 

5. have a better rookie season then I did with my first player 

6. just simply to stay healthy 

On 12/27/2021 at 11:30 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Christmas was well! Got to see some family snd got some nice gifts.

2. Alex is going to run away with this award. He is a well-rounded player.

3. Having him in net makes everything upfront so much easier for us, we can play out game with him between the pipes.

4. Not entirely sure. I believe we have a pretty good squad here right now.

5. To hopefully win the VHLM Championship.

6. Eat better and workout more. I play college volleyball in real life and hope to win our conference championship this year and hopefully get a bid for the NCAA Tournament.

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 9

1. Happy New Years Aces!! How was your New Years, what did you do?

2. With playoffs around the corner, how do you think the team will perform?

3. In our first series against the Saskatoon Wild, how will we do? Sweep? Get Swept? etc.

4. Do you have any goals set for your player for playoffs?

5. With Mubble taking over as GM, what is one piece of advice you could give him?

6. Tell me your favourite animal! Hamsters/guinea pigs don't count, they're gross.

Edited by ajwllmsn

57 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending January 9

1. Happy New Years Aces!! How was your New Years, what did you do?

2. With playoffs around the corner, how do you think the team will perform?

3. In our first series against the Saskatoon Wild, how will we do? Sweep? Get Swept? etc.

4. Do you have any goals set for your player for playoffs?

5. With Mubble taking over as GM, what is one piece of advice you could give him?

6. Tell me your favourite animal! Hamsters/guinea pigs don't count, they're gross.

1. I had a pretty tame New Years. Me and a few buddies had a couple drinks and went to bed shortly after midnight.

2. Well we were one of the top teams in the league anything other then a deep playoff run is a disappointment for us. We are here to win.

3. We just have to take it game by game.

4. all I want is a cup. Nothing else.

5. Ya no clue I’m not really the management type.

6. Well the hams….. nevermind. I like dogs always have