Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

Sorry for the delay in-laws just appeared this week.

1. What do you think the main aim of sim leagues are?
2. What do you think the main draw to them is?

3. What do you consider success for a player?

4. What is something you wish they leagues added that it currently doesn't have?

5. Who is your favourite user on the site?

6. How did you find the league?

6 hours ago, Emi said:

4. What is something you wish they leagues added that it currently doesn't have?

1. Simulating a team experience/ Fun Imagination

2. Making friends and making a "world"

3. Point Production and other stats

4.  More simulated events. Like something that would affect teams and games in new ways

5. Zetterberg 

6. Reddit

1. Really just gives me something to do, keeps my literary and writing skills up, as well as gives me a fun hobby to do. 

2. I've no idea, maybe living some part of the experience that we wished we could have lived growing up.

3. Each person has their own goals, so success is defined by them. One might want to be a scoring powerhouse, or be a stay-at-home defenseman like myself.

4. The ability to check season stats for a team without having to open each individual's player page.

5. @DreMin15

6. Reddit, I think r/EANHL

Provide a community where people can engage in the larger aspect of what makes sports like hockey so great. Real teams. As fun as the NHL main games are the idea of getting a whole league of real people together to play a game is maddening when you think of it in those terms. Much less, a whole season, or a career for your player. While the front end simming aspect of sim leagues still leaves something to be desired, the guts and details, the meat of the leagues if you will is probably their biggest draw. 

Basically just answered that above but I do think it's the larger team aspect, you get to see how your player unfolds amongst a living league. When sim leagues figure out how to do presentation on the level of an NHL EA video game, you'll truly see that awakening moment like when MMO style games first started to pop up and the shared universe/playing started becoming bigger in that space. 

HoF or bust with Sven sadly. I've had too many scrubs, he's my best hope. 

Better stats/attrributes that are more realistically reflected in the sim. Sadly STHS being what it is means we are left what we have unless a drastic change is to occur. 

Depends on the day, but right now I'll say @GustavMattias for ToS being back in action! What a saint!

The fuck? I don't know. Man this question is probably the easiest shit in the world to answer for a new member. Let me try to recall where I was and what I was doing in S24 era that lead to me VHL. *thinks* Uhm....I think I burned out on SHL but had found VHL as well when I was over there and didn't like it at the time? That's the best I can recall. 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:53 PM, Emi said:

1. Well I personally think that the purpose is to create a community based on a shared interest. Now I certainly think that sim leagues are a bit of a niche in terms of interests, but it definitely provides that video game feel of creating a player and becoming a legend.

2. Adding on to that, I think the simple desire of making a player, joining a team and playing against/with others is the main draw. For me at least. Your fantasies of one day running a team or becoming a star is a great incentive in terms of joining a sim league. Maybe even make some friends along the way with the shared interest you have in the sim league. That's what I think at least.

3. Win a single award for something. Anything. I've been nothing but meh my entire career so far so hopefully something happens.

4. VHLM GM stats. I don't feel like doing the work for that.

5. @Sonnetand @Spartan

6. Well I found it via my irl friend @PatrikLaine. He thought I'd like the VHL and he was damn right.

8 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1. Well I personally think that the purpose is to create a community based on a shared interest. Now I certainly think that sim leagues are a bit of a niche in terms of interests, but it definitely provides that video game feel of creating a player and becoming a legend.

2. Adding on to that, I think the simple desire of making a player, joining a team and playing against/with others is the main draw. For me at least. Your fantasies of one day running a team or becoming a star is a great incentive in terms of joining a sim league. Maybe even make some friends along the way with the shared interest you have in the sim league. That's what I think at least.

3. Win a single award for something. Anything. I've been nothing but meh my entire career so far so hopefully something happens.

5. @Sonnetand @Spartan

6. Well I found it via my irl friend @PatrikLaine. He thought I'd like the VHL and he was damn right.

the one thing I will take credit for

26 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

5. @Sonnetand @Spartan

zgjKH.gif

1. How do you think we did this season?
  2. What do you think we should do this off-season?
  3. What is the main thing you're happy about this season?
  4. How do you think Jiggly has done in the trades?
  5. Do you think we're in a good position next season?
  6. What should we do going forward for these?

13 hours ago, Emi said:

1. We had a good run. Not every story has a happy ending, but to not get a bad ending, that is a good ending.

2. Try to get a strong draft. Maybe toss some vets for some picks.

3. 98 Point season, what more could a person ask for?

4. Haven't needed to bonk him much, that's something, right?

5. We are. We can seriously contend with a strong draft.

6. Win the Founder's Cup. Nothing more to it.

14 hours ago, Emi said:

1. I think we did pretty well in all honesty. Of course I would've love the chance to not get swept in the second round but I think we did well. Couldn't be disappointed.

2. TRADE PICKS AND TRUST THE PROCESS

3. The fact that we were able to beat Sasky in just 5 games is quite a feat in all honesty. Pretty happy about that.

4. He he... Uh... Well...

5. I think we have a pretty good chance at making it again, a good chunk of our core is staying for next season so I think we could do it again.

6. Are you talking about the pressers? Or with the team moving forward? Uh well if we're talking pressers, just do whatever you please lol. I've liked the questions so far so keep up the good work!

1. Okay, but we could have done better.

2. I don't know if we can do anything else other than keep getting our numbers up.

3. We made a good playoff run, shame we didn't get the cup.

4. STOP TRADING YOUR PICKS ASSHOLE

5. Yeah

6. Win that cup, that's the only way we can improve.

Hello, I'm back and trying to be more active going forward!

So this week's Press Confrence i will be asking things that are not so much tied to the sport but your Player or Yourself!

1. What is one thing you'd tell to a newer memeber to the league?
  2. Do you think this league should have rookie mentors to help new memebers become acquanted with systems used here?
  3. What is the one thing you like the most about these leagues?
  4. What is one thing you dislike about this league and wish could be changed?
  5. What is the main draw for you to keep going each week?
  6. If you're being drafted this season how excited are you? If you're already drafted what's some words of advice for the draftees?
  7. What will you be doing for this off-season?

1 hour ago, Emi said:

So this week's Press Confrence i will be asking things that are not so much tied to the sport but your Player or Yourself!

2. Do you think this league should have rookie mentors to help new memebers become acquanted with systems used here?
  6. If you're being drafted this season how excited are you? If you're already drafted what's some words of advice for the draftees?

1. Don’t forget to claim practice

2. Yes.

3. Gives me something to look forward to.

4. The absolute shitbeating defensive defensemen get

5. Making my player better and gaining recognition.

6. I’m pretty excited to get drafted, really looking forward to it.

7. Growing that tpe bb

18 hours ago, Emi said:

1. Always keep grinding!

2. Yes, I think it would be very useful.

3. The competition between you and other players, your team and other teams.

4. Personally, I don’t think that there is something I dislike!

5. Making my player better!

6. I am very excited! It would be a pleasure to play for any team!

7. I will be going to the Gym and the rink to practice.

19 hours ago, Emi said:

1. How to earn capped tpe and basically just the basics of what to upgrade

2. Yes that would be an amazing thing to happen if it would i couldve definitely used one when i started but luckily i got juice as a recruiter and got that stuff explained to me

3. The community and talking to people about the league and other random stuff

4. I dont really like how hard it is to navigate the portal at the beginning but after that i dont think there is much to dislike about this league.

5. Getting better and eventually being able to play in the VHL and be important to others there along with the awesome community here.

6. Have fun and enjoy the draft day as much as possible and be grateful to where ever you get drafted.

7.  Taking it easy and of course earning some tpe, and i am also participating in the EU WJC which is very exciting for me as i hope i can get some points there and possibly a cup👀

On 5/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, Emi said:

1. Just get in your updates and have fun!

2. No, not really. I think there are enough resources already for that.

3. I just like having fun and meeting cool people. Also love to see my players and teams do good.

4. Nothing really. Don't know enough about it to have any input about it. Though someone said a VHL expansion, which I think would be cool.

5. Sometimes I don't. I will going forward, because I want my player to have a successful VHL career.

6. I am sooo excited to see where I end up.

Press confrence

1) With the off-season underway is there anyone you think will be a stand out for the team next year?

2) What is one thing you think can be a good personal mantra?
3) You've broken all your sticks and you can only use one of your teammates sticks would you go for someone whos similar to yours or go for one that's really different to yours?

4) What is something you're looking to improve stats wise this season?
5) It is the special day of the hockey gods (Basically Christmas) what is the one thing you hope falls under your hockey stick tree?

6) What player in the league smells the worst?

7) What would you say the funniest image you've recently seen is?

3 minutes ago, Emi said:

Press confrence

1) With the off-season underway is there anyone you think will be a stand out for the team next year?

2) What is one thing you think can be a good personal mantra?
3) You've broken all your sticks and you can only use one of your teammates sticks would you go for someone whos similar to yours or go for one that's really different to yours?

4) What is something you're looking to improve stats wise this season?
5) It is the special day of the hockey gods (Basically Christmas) what is the one thing you hope falls under your hockey stick tree?

6) What player in the league smells the worst?

7) What would you say the funniest image you've recently seen is?

2. I can't choose "RAWR XD"? Dang, well I guess, "Working together is at the heart of a good team."
3. Right now in my college team, I would choose Ashton's stick. He doesn't come out onto the ice much because he's too scared of falling over, so someone might as well get use out of it.
4. I'm mainly trying to improve my defense at the moment.
5. A new hockey stick since I broke all of my sticks in question 3.
6. Emiko is the smelliest player. Whichever locker room picks her up is gonna need a lot of fabreeze.
7. 𝔸𝔼𝕊𝕋ℍ𝔼𝕋𝕀ℂ
5b4511e09c1ab26fcf46463628362c8a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

QUICK PRESS CONFERENCE FOR TPE:

Answer these 6 questions for 2 Capped TPE.

To claim link your response and go to "Claim Capped" -> "Press Conference". You can claim this PC for this week or next week.

1. How do you feel about Emi stepping down?

2. We've had several blowout losses this season. How is that making you feel?

3. What do you think about our defense?

4. The VHLE (Victory Hocker League: Europe) was announced recently! What do you think about it?

5. How will the VHLM change with the introduction of the VHLE?

6. Cats or dogs?

Edited by JigglyGumballs

• 2 weeks later...

LAS VEGAS ACES PRESS CONFERENCE

To claim link your response and go to "Claim Capped" -> "Press Conference". You can claim this PC for this week or next week.

1. What's been something that has surprised you this season?

2. Despite the losses, we got some quality wins. How does that make you feel for the future of the team?

3. @Jerichohas been dealing with a lot of shots this season, so the team got him a present to make up for all the bruises, what did we get him?

4. Berlin, Paris, and Rome were recently voted in the VHLE Team Location Poll, what do you think about the community's choice?

5. Is there any reason for your player's name? Inspiration?

6. What is your typical order at your favorite restaurant?

1. What surprised me was all the loses that we have

2. I don't really know about the future of this team but I hope its great

3. I don't really know

4. It alright since I'm new I don't know what the VHLE means so I guess its alright

5.Yes there was this guy named MiniToon and I liked the name and I did not want to copy if name so I just did Alex Toon

6. I like portillos or Chick fil a

LAS VEGAS ACES PRESS CONFERENCE

1. We beat Ottawa! Even in a tough season, how good does it feel to sink your teeth into another opponent and rip them apart?

2. Welcome to the Trade Deadline, and after this is the beginning of the E Era as S80 players will be created. Do you expect this deadline to be affected by the coming of Europe?

3. @JigglyGumballs got bonked by me a few too many times and had to get some medication for the migraines, but the doctor he saw was Bonk Doge. What ends up happening after that?

4. What's the biggest order for one you've ever had when getting food?

5. What is the ABSOLUTE WORST feeling in the world?

6. The VHL Community has been around for 13+ years. What has surprised you about the league/community since you first joined?

1. We finally got a defenseman! What did we get @Nykonax  as a welcome gift?

2. The season is coming to a close, what should we do this offseason in terms of the draft?

3. Your favorite color and the most recent animal you saw is now your hero name, what is it?

4. Did you vote for the Paris Revolution or the Paris Guardians in the most recent VHLE team poll?

5. How do y'all feel about the great and powerful @Victor running the show in the VHLE?

6. Which team do you have going all the way this season and winning the Founder's Cup and why?

• 4 weeks later...

1. It's now the off-season, what have each of y'all been doing as of late?

2. The Yukon Rush won the Founder's Cup! How did they celebrate their achievement?

3. The VHLE has it's teams! Which team are you most excited for?

4. Will you be trying out for any upcoming VHLE job openings?

5. The Las Vegas Aces just got a new corporate sponsor, which business is it?

6. What is your goal as a player for the upcoming S79 campaign?